Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Springsteen Box Set
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 14, 2015 00:26

Picked up a Bruce boxset yesterday which is made up of his albums up to and including Born In the USA. Main reason I got it was that the Cds are remastered so I always wanted to get The River and Born In The USA remastered. They both sound great, alot better than the original CD's, especially The River which was very flat sounding and no bass. BITUSA was the first CD I ever bought, Christmas 1985 along with Highway To Hell, Scarecrow and a Sony CD player which was on sale for "only" $399.
I've noticed on Amazon a series called Classic Album Series where they release 5 or 6 CD's in boxsets of various artists. Ordered sets from Doobie Brothers, Ten Years After and Fleetwood Mac pre Stevie Nicks. All are remastered and sound pretty good and they were cheap, about $20-$25 each. Highly recommend searching Amazon to see if your favorite bands might be included. No Stones though.

Re: OT: Springsteen Box Set
Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: February 14, 2015 00:35

DGA35
Picked up a Bruce boxset yesterday which is made up of his albums up to and including Born In the USA. Main reason I got it was that the Cds are remastered so I always wanted to get The River and Born In The USA remastered. They both sound great, alot better than the original CD's, especially The River which was very flat sounding and no bass. BITUSA was the first CD I ever bought, Christmas 1985 along with Highway To Hell, Scarecrow and a Sony CD player which was on sale for "only" $399.
I've noticed on Amazon a series called Classic Album Series where they release 5 or 6 CD's in boxsets of various artists. Ordered sets from Doobie Brothers, Ten Years After and Fleetwood Mac pre Stevie Nicks. All are remastered and sound pretty good and they were cheap, about $20-$25 each. Highly recommend searching Amazon to see if your favorite bands might be included. No Stones though.

I won't buy it unless there is a separate empty box included called: "Bruce Springsteen...that's it".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-14 00:49 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: Stoner72 ()
Date: February 14, 2015 00:56

I have seen these also, DGA35. Got the J. Geils Band (they have 2 containing their LPs for Atlantic) and a Linda Ronstadt set.

It's creative on the label's part and a good value for consumers. Next is the Waylon Jennings collection--five of his prime mid-seventies efforts.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 14, 2015 01:28

Get the Tracks box set it's awesome.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: February 14, 2015 01:57

Chris Fountain

thumbs down Won't buy it. Don't like it. I am not interested at all.

Don't you like, take interest in or buy something like a boxed set from Hank Williams first?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-14 02:01 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: February 14, 2015 02:32

Oh, my lord, another Hank Williams fan here on IORR. Hank (the first) is awesome. White boy blues is what he did. If ya don't wanna invest in a box set or such by Hank check him out on utoob. There are apps that will help you convert those Hank songs to mp3 or similar files if you find something you likeby Hank.

Re Springsteen, you either dig him or you don't. I got into him with the Darkness album which is a great rock album. I have most of his albums, but can't say I listen to him like I used to. Of course, I can say the same about the Stones and any number of other bands.

If you want awesome Springsteen look for the Winterland '79 concert (from the FM broadcast ) on utoob. It doesn't get much better than this, IMHO, re Bruce and the E-Street Band live.

If you want to check out a Springsteen album that is well worth acquiring, get the Tunnel of Love album. It is a great meditation on the relationship between a man and his woman, men and women, what it is to be a man, life, love. Springsteen recorded it after his first marriage broke up or was breaking up and Patti Scalfia was stealing or stole his heart. My fave Springsteen album with Tougher Than the Rest my fave cut.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: February 14, 2015 02:42

The only thing that box set is good for, is for using the cover for rollin' doobies...IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!!!

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: February 14, 2015 02:45

I've used many a Springsteen cover for rolling...along with the Stones.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: February 14, 2015 02:47

smoking smiley

Date: February 14, 2015 03:22

RipThisBone
Chris Fountain

thumbs down Won't buy it. Don't like it. I am not interested at all.

Don't you like, take interest in or buy something like a boxed set from Hank Williams first?

Nothing's wrong with Tracks, it's filled with great remastered outtakes and pictures, along with session information! I picked a 2013 remaster copy up last year (here), and it's great! I also would recommend the 'Born to Run: 35th Anniversary Edition' box set if you haven't picked it up...a remastered BtR CD (replicating a vinyl record) and two DVDs-'Wings For Wheels' (a documentary of the making of the album) and a DVD of the Hammersmith Odeon 1975 gig (here).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1553
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home