Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
ROUGH JUSTICE 2015 LIVE opening song.
Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: February 10, 2015 23:25

Great opening song and only 10 years old next june.

Re: ROUGH JUSTICE 2015 LIVE opening song.
Date: February 10, 2015 23:36

Until they fvcked it up it was a great opener on Light The Fuse.

Date: February 10, 2015 23:57

I watched the NFL halftime show from 2006 tonight.
Three opening songs in fact.
1. Start Me Up
2. Rough Justice
3. Satisfaction

This version of Rough Justice is great and could be used to rehearse in 2015 preparing it to be the opening song. Great lyrics and swing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-11 00:02 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: February 11, 2015 00:10

DandelionPowderman

Yup...their first live performance of the song was the closest to the album. Still had that groove that's on the studio cut. Every performance since then has been limp. Always sounded disjointed between Keith and Charlie...they never settled on the groove.

Date: February 11, 2015 00:22

Justin
DandelionPowderman

Yup...their first live performance of the song was the closest to the album. Still had that groove that's on the studio cut. Every performance since then has been limp. Always sounded disjointed between Keith and Charlie...they never settled on the groove.

A bit of rehearsing (april-may 2015) will do maybe.

What about HIGHWIRE as a second song in 2015? Great lyrics again.

1. ROUGH JUSTICE
2. HIGHWIRE
3. GIMME SHELTER

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: February 11, 2015 06:29

Such a great tune, I consider it a Stones classic!

Posted by: ab ()
Date: February 11, 2015 06:53

Please no.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 11, 2015 07:06

Love the song, always have. IMO the closest thing we ever got to a modern Stones classic, and far and away their best opening track on a record IMO since Tattoo You. Then again, I love largely all of A Bigger Bang. But seriously, its a total rocker, its got great witty lyrics from Jagger (even though some think they are childish) and its all around a highlight later number of theirs.

I too love Highwire. Put them in a set and it would make this particular Stones fan very happy!

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: February 11, 2015 10:09

IMO. HIGH WIRE shall never be played live. TOOOOOO Political song.
Remember the time it came out. The Persian Gulf war. 1990-1991.

On itself it's a nice song, good beat, aso, but.......
Tioms,

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 11, 2015 10:10

RipThisBone
Justin
DandelionPowderman

A bit of rehearsing (april-may 2015) will do maybe.

What about HIGHWIRE as a second song in 2015? Great lyrics again.

1. ROUGH JUSTICE
2. HIGHWIRE
3. GIMME SHELTER

Highwire? Hell no. I'd rather have them do Eve Of Destruction. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: February 11, 2015 10:34

I would be shocked if they ever played Rough Justice or High wire again. Maybe
We will get some rarely played nuggets from Sticky Fingers in the set due to the
expanded addition currently in the works. I think they have played every song on
The album at one time or another.

Date: February 11, 2015 10:52

They seemed proud of Rough Justice at the time, and played it pretty much on every show + on the Super Bowl-show.

Posted by: FeelTheFire ()
Date: February 11, 2015 10:52

It would be nice if it replaced You Got Me Rocking in the set.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 11, 2015 11:04

Since it seems they'll be visiting "markets" not yet covered by the "50th and Counting" tour I wouldn't expect any change to the setlist. Why would they bother, they spent hours working on "Silver Train" in 2014 only to play it twice, not well and to blank stares.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: February 11, 2015 11:07

The weirdest thing with Silver Train was that they didn't manage to play the simple intro. Instead Chuck counted them in, and Ronnie, Keith and Taylor had three different gos at it simultaneously. It's a classic Keith-intro in open G, why didn't he just do it? confused smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 11, 2015 11:43

The song features a clever retooling of the Brown Sugar main riff and is a worthy candidate as a set list mainstay.

If Rough Justice had been written, recorded and released in any year up to and including 1989, it would have been a top 10 hit and the band would be performing it regularly to this day.

The trouble is that the general public did not make it a hit, and radio stations quickly dropped it from playlists.

Consequently, the band seems to have almost completely forgotten about ABB overall, even in rehearsal settings.

The only reason that Streets of Love was brought back on the recent Euro tour was because certain markets there had made it a big hit single, their biggest in any market in over 15 years.

The audience wants what it is universally familiar with, and the band wants excited applause for their efforts rather than impatient lukewarm response. They draw on the energy and enthusiasm of the crowds after all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-11 11:43 by stonehearted.

Date: February 11, 2015 11:48

stonehearted
The song features a clever retooling of the Brown Sugar main riff and is a worthy candidate as a set list mainstay.

If Rough Justice had been written, recorded and released in any year up to and including 1989, it would have been a top 10 hit and the band would be performing it regularly to this day.

The trouble is that the general public did not make it a hit, and radio stations quickly dropped it from playlists.

Consequently, the band seems to have almost completely forgotten about ABB overall, even in rehearsal settings.

The only reason that Streets of Love was brought back on the recent Euro tour was because certain markets there had made it a big hit single, their biggest in any market in over 15 years.

The audience wants what it is universally familiar with, and the band wants excited applause for their efforts rather than impatient lukewarm response. They draw on the energy and enthusiasm of the crowds after all.

Not the main riff, but both of the songs choruses have a somewhat similar structure. In fact, the only real riff in RJ is within the choruses ("Dam, da, da-da-da, it's rough justice on ya" ).

Brown Sugar's chorus: "Dam, da-da-da-da, brown sugar, how come you..."

RJ starts out with boogie chord variations, whilst BS starts with a more distinct riff in open G. But the effect of those intros are similar.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-11 12:17 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: February 11, 2015 12:16

nooooooooooooooo....por favor hehehe is poor!!!! Gimme Shelter overture Show 2015 is great!!!!

Date: February 11, 2015 12:19

wicked67
nooooooooooooooo....por favor hehehe is poor!!!! Gimme Shelter overture Show 2015 is great!!!!

And that means? That they should open with Gimme Shelter? confused smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 11, 2015 12:29

DandelionPowderman
stonehearted
The song features a clever retooling of the Brown Sugar main riff

Not the main riff, but both of the songs choruses have a somewhat similar structure. In fact, the only real riff in RJ is within the choruses ("Dam, da, da-da-da, it's rough justice on ya" ).

RJ starts out with boogie chord variations, whilst BS starts with a more distinct riff in open G. But the effect of those intros are similar.

Oh, well I guess that's what I meant to say then. grinning smiley At any rate, the effect on me as a listener is similar. smiling smiley

Date: February 11, 2015 12:31

stonehearted
DandelionPowderman
stonehearted
The song features a clever retooling of the Brown Sugar main riff

Oh, well I guess that's what I meant to say then. grinning smiley At any rate, the effect on me as a listener is similar. smiling smiley

That was what I was trying to say, LOL! grinning smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 11, 2015 12:42

I had Rough Justice as ringtone on my old Nokia phone for years, from the date it was releasede, and before that I had Pain It Black, but when i got an iPhone a while back nobody was able to tell me how to get Rough Justice back as ringtone instead of these stupid common Apple ringtones sad smiley

Bjornulf

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 11, 2015 13:08

Just as long as they don't bring back "Don't Stop". I really enjoyed a lot of shows on the Licks tour but it got to the point where I'd go out & buy tshirts, etc. during that song.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: February 11, 2015 13:20

Gimme shelter

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 11, 2015 13:53

so when is the tour start? did i miss the announcment .i think not .

Date: February 11, 2015 13:54

TheGreek
so when is the tour start? did i miss the announcment .i think not .

You better follow this thread: [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: February 11, 2015 15:06

This is The Stones we are talking about! They will start with......Start me up!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 11, 2015 17:53

bv
I had Rough Justice as ringtone on my old Nokia phone for years, from the date it was releasede, and before that I had Pain It Black, but when i got an iPhone a while back nobody was able to tell me how to get Rough Justice back as ringtone instead of these stupid common Apple ringtones sad smiley

I think this article may be useful. [www.macworld.co.uk]

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: February 11, 2015 18:30

strat72
This is The Stones we are talking about! They will start with......Start me up!

Nah, Keith won't let Mick for such an obvious opener. The'll start with JJF instead >grinning smiley<

Date: February 11, 2015 22:03

A coincidence?
More and new footage of ROUGH JUSTICE (rehearsal and opening song Toronto 2005) can be seen on The Rolling Stones/Facebook since yesterday. It's part of "The Salt Of The Earth Documentary" part 1/5 (Superbowl).
Great close-ups of Keith and Ronnie riffing and some backstage footage just before they take the stage at The Phoenix Club.
All was professionaly filmed and already remixed by Bob Clearmountain for the download so why not the same release like Hampton 81 and LA 75?
Hope this will be one of the next "From The Vault" releases by Eagle Rock.
LIGHT THE FUSE (+ DVD, incl. some rehearsals).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-11 22:06 by RipThisBone.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1701
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home