Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 5 of 8
Re: OT: American Grammy Awards
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 13, 2015 07:06

Wry Cooter
What would Keith had done if Kanye stormed on his stage?

....everyone, all together now.....show him the blade!>grinning smiley<

Ether that or kick him in the you know where!

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: February 13, 2015 08:06

RomanCandle
College Dropout is dope!

Give it up Roman Candle...
We ain't going to win this one. What would Lou say?
He'd probably just throw his hands up..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-13 08:06 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 13, 2015 10:03

treaclefingers
Aquamarine
GasLightStreet

It's just that when someone is clearly talentless and a complete moron,

Moron, yes. COMPLETE moron, no. Because, clearly talented at a. music, b. self-publicity, c. music, d. making money, by selling lots of e. music.

Extremely flawed genius, like most of them.

On that basis, I guess his wife is also a genius.

Nope. That's one of his flaws.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 13, 2015 14:40

Aquamarine
treaclefingers
Aquamarine
GasLightStreet

Moron, yes. COMPLETE moron, no. Because, clearly talented at a. music, b. self-publicity, c. music, d. making money, by selling lots of e. music.

On that basis, I guess his wife is also a genius.

Nope. That's one of his flaws.

I guess it doesn't take a high IQ to be a genius anymore.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: February 13, 2015 15:00

Anne Sofie von Otter

My Congrats!

2 1 2 0

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-13 15:01 by Come On.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 13, 2015 15:39

How many of the Kanye bashers here have actually listened to his music?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 13, 2015 15:47

The final nail in the coffin of these idiots is most ppl cannot tell Kayne apart from Puff Daddy, nor can they tell Rihanna from Beyonce.

I was pointed to the song "Diamonds" and I still don't remember if it's from Rihanna or Beyonce. Why? Cos it's indifferent crap made by interchangeable "artists" with no real identity.
(Btw the same thing goes for modern metal songs and bands).

These people get Grammy's because they sell a lot and the industry needs to make sure they'll be around for a long time = $$$$$ for the industry.

Someone truly talented like Prince must froth at the mouth watching these clowns get awards year after year.

PS : I just discover West's wiki page includes a "Legacy and influence" section. Oh jeez... grinning smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-13 15:53 by dcba.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: February 13, 2015 15:50

Koen

I'm not an anybody basher but I do try to experience every type of music, or what passes as music. I've come to the conclusion in my 61 years that it's in the eye of the beholder (or ear of the listener). The fact that certain music, food, art, etc. is not to my taste does not automatically make it crap and it would be a waste of time to convince people who do like something I don't that they are "wrong" and I am "right". I don't like rap, I find West excruciating at best but that's me. If you like it, good for you. Enjoy. I do think West is an idiot though.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 13, 2015 15:52

Koen

I've listened to enough to know it's totalfuckinggarbage. He's a talentless hack with great promotional skills.

Date: February 13, 2015 16:00

Aquamarine
GasLightStreet

Being talented at music means what, exactly? It's a term almost always used to describe someone being "good". In the moron's case he's talented at getting people to make "music" for him ie therefor he's not good at music. All I've heard of his music is nothing interesting. Ever. The rest of it, sure, he's talented all right... at being a hand job.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-13 16:25 by GasLightStreet.

Date: February 13, 2015 16:24

Koen

does it matter if he's not being bashed for his music, but rather his personality?

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: February 13, 2015 18:06

More importantly, would you let your sister, daughter, son, etc. go out with Kanye West?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-13 18:10 by bleedingman.

Date: February 13, 2015 18:13

treaclefingers
Koen

does it matter if he's not being bashed for his music, but rather his personality?

If someone says he has no talent, then no.

Posted by: RomanCandle ()
Date: February 13, 2015 18:18

I don't admire him as a person. But why don't you say the same about Keith Richards or Lennon?

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: February 13, 2015 18:30

bleedingman
More importantly, would you let your sister go out with Kanye West?

I wouldn't want any of my siblings going out with Kanye OR Kim. I'm glad they found each other. Now if they'd just go away and live happily ever after in such a way that I could avoid exposure to EITHER of them I could start living happier ever after.

And to Koen => I've listened to every example used to demonstrate Kanye's greatness that has been posted in this thread. I haven't managed to get farther than 90 seconds in any of them. A couple I shut off after 30 seconds. I also have children who, from time to time will play his "stuff" around the house. You can insult me all you want, but I still hear no greatness or genius.

One thing I will give him credit for (though I wouldn't know how much credit he actually deserves): Apparently the drum groove that Steve Jordan used at the front of John Mayer's version of "I Got A Woman" was a groove that Kanye had used for one of his songs. While I can't be sure that Steve got it from Kanye or that Kanye didn't rip-off someone else first, I did enjoy how Steve Jordan used that drum groove.

Peace,

Mr DJA

Date: February 13, 2015 18:53

Koen
treaclefingers
Koen

If someone says he has no talent, then no.

Well I've never said that although others have. Still, can that not be one's opinion...to say he has no talent?

Date: February 13, 2015 19:10

Here he says it all - he's beyond a complete jerk. He's nothing but a chicken. If he's so important and "they" are so important why did they show up if now they ain't gonna show up? He needs to SHUT UP forever. Beck needs to respect artistry and should've given his award to Beeeyohnce?

What monumental feat has Beeeyahnce done in music? This guy need to speak no more.

[www.eonline.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-13 19:11 by GasLightStreet.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 13, 2015 20:19

I've listened to Kayne and he ain't no genius. What I hear is tightly produced copies of the same old rap over R&B samples and grooves formula that has been around for a long time. His hood rat vocabulary and mentality is nothing new either. He's not taking his art to new places, imo, just mashing up alot of stuff that has proven to sell records. His lyrical content is least common denominator stuff, his sounds over-effected try to get your attention crap.

Give the guy an instrument of his choice and a microphone and he's dead in the water. Give him a whole studio full of tricks with no one to help him push buttons and call up samples, he's dead in the water.

Every time this guy talks he shows what an ignorant self absorbed jerk he is...here is a typical example, decide for yourself:

"I'm just giving of my body and putting my life at risk, literally....and I think about it. I think about my family and I'm like, wow, this is like being a police officer or something, in war or something"

peace

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: February 13, 2015 21:07

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 13, 2015 21:17

Stork you just provided a great summary of the whole problem! thumbs up

Date: February 13, 2015 21:56

dcba
Stork you just provided a great summary of the whole problem! thumbs up

I don't think there is a problem at all. I don't think Frank or Elvis wrote or arranged a lot of their songs either.

Beyoncé should be free to do whatever she wants, she obviously has fans that adore her.

However she must feel embarrassed and ridiculous to have that moron constantly berate other artists on her behalf. And what about Jay Z, is he sanctioning this, why hasn't he slapped Kanye upside the head yet?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 13, 2015 22:50

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: February 13, 2015 23:44

Regarding the Beck/Beyonce photo that says Beyonce played no instruments on her album, the voice is an instrument.

Frank Sinatra didn't play what that photo says is an "instrument".

Regarding hip hop being crap (is mickscarey still here?) and talentless, like any genre there's crap and there's good within that genre. Also, how many here have tried to rap? It's not easy. Therefore, the ones that can have a talent. Also, have you ever seen a lyric sheet for a hip hop tune? The volume of words is far greater than your average rock song. There's some clever lyricists in the hip hop community. Have you ever tried writing a clever song with a large volume of lyrics? It takes talent.

To the ones that say rap is crap, can you please explain why it's crap?

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: February 13, 2015 23:50

Bravo Mighty Stork (nails it!)! thumbs up

Truth is, Beyonce is little more than a big show performer (mostly dancing) and part-time actress. She has a so-so voice, but nothing better than many other female vocalists out there.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-13 23:52 by nightskyman.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 14, 2015 00:01

She has a so-so voice, but nothing better than many other female vocalists out there.

...Yeah but ya gotta admit she's definitly stronger in the thigh area...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: February 14, 2015 00:18

treaclefingers
And what about Jay Z, is he sanctioning this, why hasn't he slapped Kanye upside the head yet?

Because he owns 75% of his legendary status in the hiphop world to Kanye (Jay Z most legendary album 'The blueprint' is practically a Kanye West album).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-14 00:40 by BowieStone.

Date: February 14, 2015 00:22

mr_dja
And to Koen => I've listened to every example used to demonstrate Kanye's greatness that has been posted in this thread. I haven't managed to get farther than 90 seconds in any of them. A couple I shut off after 30 seconds. I also have children who, from time to time will play his "stuff" around the house. You can insult me all you want, but I still hear no greatness or genius.

Huh, when did I insult you? confused smiley

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 14, 2015 00:23

Rockman
She has a so-so voice, but nothing better than many other female vocalists out there.

...Yeah but ya gotta admit she's definitly stronger in the thigh area...

Yep. That parts definitely art, but does that make her an artist? peace

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 14, 2015 00:26

Wry Cooter

Showed him the blade! grinning smiley

Oops, I see BluzDude beat me to it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-14 00:28 by latebloomer.

Date: February 14, 2015 00:49

latebloomer
Wry Cooter

Showed him the blade! grinning smiley

Oops, I see BluzDude beat me to it.

I would have went with bashing him in the head with his guitar, and then continue playing.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 5 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1914
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home