Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Charlie and Ronnie - JFK Airport NY, February 1
Date: February 3, 2015 11:42

DandelionPowderman
corriecas
guess they were there for a meeting,and/or signing the contracts for some gigs.

jeroen

Or some album? smileys with beer

I hope so! A new album would be exciting news.

Date: February 3, 2015 12:04

StrawberriesBlueberries
DandelionPowderman
corriecas

jeroen

There is nothing more exciting than the notion that they'd do a new album. I don't believe it will happen; I just be wishin' and hopin.

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: February 3, 2015 14:08

Charlie doesn't look too happy. Probably just dealt with the TSA. thumbs down

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: February 3, 2015 15:43

Dear Album-hopers!

Take in mind that those two Stones-men are sharing the same interest: Art & history.
around the 10 th century.
This here starts on thursday:

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: February 3, 2015 15:45

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: February 3, 2015 16:31

DandelionPowderman
corriecas

jeroen

smileys with beer drinking smiley smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-03 16:34 by GetYerAngie.

Posted by: Jimmy C ()
Date: February 3, 2015 16:58

ROLLINGSTONE
Charlie immaculate as usual but OMG he looks more and more like William Hartnell (the original Dr.Who) as time goes by. Some day he's gonny regenerate!

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I've thought this for awhile. He could convincingly play the First Doctor as a guest star on the new Doctor Who.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 3, 2015 17:02

Palace Revolution 2000
StrawberriesBlueberries
DandelionPowderman
corriecas

jeroen

There is nothing more exciting than the notion that they'd do a new album. I don't believe it will happen; I just be wishin' and hopin.

There wont be a new album.
maybe some recordings for the SF re-release
Jeroen

Re: Charlie and Ronnie arrive in New York
Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 3, 2015 17:47

24FPS
Charlie went from prematurely bald, with an exposed crown, to a magnificent lion in winter mane. I'm assuming he could afford the best and had decent implants.

Yes, no doubt.
I read somewhere that Keith also had a hair transplant (crown presumably), but the results were not good.

On a more serious note, I thought it unlikely they would record in the States, because of tax reasons.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 3, 2015 18:02

Charlie??????

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: February 3, 2015 18:27

jlowe

On a more serious note, I thought it unlikely they would record in the States, because of tax reasons.

Just as a matter of curiosity, why so?

C

Date: February 3, 2015 18:47

liddas
jlowe

C

Because they would be hit by a tax bill, greater than say from recording in Paris, or other more exotic locations.
And we all know that any ruses to decrease taxation will be considered, Prince Ruperts book confirms that.
OF course final production work eg mixing etc is ok, as is solo recording.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 3, 2015 19:33

jlowe
liddas
jlowe

C

Because they would be hit by a tax bill, greater than say from recording in Paris, or other more exotic locations.
And we all know that any ruses to decrease taxation will be considered, Prince Ruperts book confirms that.

Because it won't sell in enough numbers to make any difference? confused smiley

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: February 3, 2015 19:57

I think they had a meeting about a gig in Ziggo Dome :-)

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 3, 2015 20:02

Charlie probably looks so grumpy because he had to wait for hours in line at immigration.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 3, 2015 21:52

jlowe
liddas
jlowe

C

Umm, I think you've got it wrong. Recording costs money, taxes (except for sales and property tax) are collected on income. There is no income generated by the recording process. I seriously doubt the sales tax on recording services is going to influence the Stones on their decision of where to record. peace

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: February 3, 2015 22:12

Naturalust
jlowe
liddas
jlowe

C

Umm, I think you've got it wrong. Recording costs money, taxes (except for sales and property tax) are collected on income. There is no income generated by the recording process. I seriously doubt the sales tax on recording services is going to influence the Stones on their decision of where to record. peace

I'm thinking that I heard/read somewhere that it has to do more with their work visas than tax or economic costs that now keeps their recording and/or rehearsals outside of the USA. That being said, with the fact that they aren't planning on a tour with dozens of shows, they're probably not on that tight of a schedule anymore. Back in the days of large numbers of US shows, I think they started making sure that days of rehearsals and recording wouldn't be counted as "work days" inside the USA.

Note: I could be wrong about this but am pretty sure I remember hearing something along these lines years ago.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: February 3, 2015 22:28

mr_dja
Naturalust
jlowe
liddas
jlowe

C

I'm thinking that I heard/read somewhere that it has to do more with their work visas than tax or economic costs that now keeps their recording and/or rehearsals outside of the USA. That being said, with the fact that they aren't planning on a tour with dozens of shows, they're probably not on that tight of a schedule anymore. Back in the days of large numbers of US shows, I think they started making sure that days of rehearsals and recording wouldn't be counted as "work days" inside the USA.

Note: I could be wrong about this but am pretty sure I remember hearing something along these lines years ago.

Peace,
Mr DJA

I recall that they had some legal/union issues about recording at Muscle Shoals. Wonder if there were ever any repercussions when those songs came out and were documented to be recorded there?

As far as work visas and such I imagine they would have no problems getting the proper permits and paperwork together with all their resources. Touring the USA isn't much different that recording in the USA, both are work, but these days I imagine it probably costs them more to record and market than they get from record sales.

peace

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: February 3, 2015 22:59

Naturalust
mr_dja
Naturalust
jlowe
liddas
jlowe

C

Peace,
Mr DJA

I recall that they had some legal/union issues about recording at Muscle Shoals. Wonder if there were ever any repercussions when those songs came out and were documented to be recorded there?

As far as work visas and such I imagine they would have no problems getting the proper permits and paperwork together with all their resources. Touring the USA isn't much different that recording in the USA, both are work, but these days I imagine it probably costs them more to record and market than they get from record sales.

peace

I wasn't trying to insinuate that they had a problem with getting the work visas, just that the visas they get, only allow for a certain number of work days. I wish I could remember where it was I had read that. As I brainstorm and try to remember, if I had to guess, I'm thinking it was something to do with why they moved the VL/B2B/Licks/ABB rehearsals to Canada after having rehearsed in the US for many of their prior tours.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: February 3, 2015 23:04

Koen
Charlie probably looks so grumpy because he had to wait for hours in line at immigration.

Actually, its because its just dawned on Charlie that he's signed a 10 year 5 album contract with Universal.

Posted by: pjb ()
Date: February 4, 2015 12:49

mighty stork
2000man2000
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

"Happily strolling through the terminals, the British stars appeared to be in great and relaxed spirits following their flight."

Yeah Charlie looks happy as hell:

[/quote ronnies minder wearing an allblacks rugby jersery cool

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: February 4, 2015 13:06

mr_dja
Naturalust
mr_dja
Naturalust
jlowe
liddas
jlowe

C

Peace,
Mr DJA

peace

I wasn't trying to insinuate that they had a problem with getting the work visas, just that the visas they get, only allow for a certain number of work days. I wish I could remember where it was I had read that. As I brainstorm and try to remember, if I had to guess, I'm thinking it was something to do with why they moved the VL/B2B/Licks/ABB rehearsals to Canada after having rehearsed in the US for many of their prior tours.

Peace,
Mr DJA

That's correct. Working days in the US are limited even for the RS so that's the reason for having rehearsals in Canada when the total number of working days in a year are blocking possible tour dates. Same goes for other countries who allow a limited number of working days in a year or have other reasons (laws like tax) for looking carefully at the calendar.

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: February 4, 2015 16:07

Maybe they will release a new song or two on a deluxe reissue?

Maybe Keith had one or two new songs in the bag when he recorded his solo album that are perfect for the Stones?

Charlie and Ronnie are in the US to add their parts?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 4, 2015 16:18

beachbreak

Maybe Keith had one or two new songs in the bag when he recorded his solo album that are perfect for the Stones?

No, no and no. What deluxe reissue?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-04 16:21 by GasLightStreet.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: February 4, 2015 16:25

I'm pretty sure I've read the Stones have semi-annual band/business meetings. Presumably said meetings would alternate in location between London (near Ron and Charlie) and NYC (near Mick and Keith). Neither Stone looks like they were packed for much more than an over night so it's a safe guess a quick meet-up was all this was. By the same token they could be talking new show dates instead of where to invest the filthy lucre that band already has.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: February 5, 2015 00:36

THIS IS SOME OF THE LAMEST SPECULATION EVER POSTED.

KEEP IT UP, POSTIES !

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: February 5, 2015 01:37

BILLPERKS
THIS IS SOME OF THE LAMEST SPECULATION EVER POSTED.

KEEP IT UP, POSTIES !

The speculation never stops. It just keeps coming and coming and coming. There's never a letup, it's relentless. Every day it piles up more and more, and you gotta get it out, but the more you get out, the more keeps coming in! And then the bar code reader breaks! And then it's Publisher's Clearinghouse Day...!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 5, 2015 01:42

GasLightStreet
beachbreak

No, no and no. What deluxe reissue?

Have you been hibernating?...Sticky Fingers, supposedly in April.

But I agree they aren't in NYC recording parts or a new song for it.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: February 5, 2015 07:22

Date: February 5, 2015 09:25

I get the feeling no one walks in front of Charlie at airports..... peace

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1595
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home