Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Pistols at Live8???
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 2, 2005 11:53

I read several places that the Sex Pistols was playing at Live8 today. But I can't find them on any list of appearances. What's the story about all this???

JumpingKentFlash

Re: OT: Pistols at Live8???
Date: July 2, 2005 11:59

Hej Kent,
Tusind tak for cd'en den er bare fed...... Önsker dig en god sommer...
Vi ses on the tour as promised....

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 2, 2005 12:01

Read somewhere that Rotten Johnny didn't wanna do it but gentle persuasion from the others forced him to give in and agree.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: July 2, 2005 13:59

If the Pistols play it would be worth the trouble going to hear them. I saw Mac and the Bump band last night and he dusted off What You Gonna Do About It from the Small Faces catalogue. Of course the Pistols did a great cover of that one. The Bump band was brilliant last night at Fitzgeralds. Simply smoked the room. Whenever I hear Mac live it makes me yearn for the Stones to rehire him, but this is not going to happen unless Chuck somehow blows the job. No harm in dreaming.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 2, 2005 17:57

Rockman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Read somewhere that Rotten Johnny didn't wanna do
> it but gentle persuasion from the others forced
> him to give in and agree.
>
> ROCKMAN

it was mentioned in the "Sun" a couple of weeks ago that they'd be playing, but I havent seen them listed on any roster of acts I've seen and they havent been mentioned at all in the last few days, so it sounds like it was all bullshit

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: July 2, 2005 18:05

filstan,

Did you see Mac at Fitzgeralds last fall and was the show about the same. It was great then and I regret I had to miss it last night...

Date: July 2, 2005 22:06

Yes I saw the Bump Band at Fitzgeralds in November. I think that was their first gig up here and they didn't disappoint. It was a fun night, but their set last night for me was better because there were no seats and the club was completely full. They really seem to enjoy playing at Fitzgeralds and I am sure they will be back given the positive and very enthusiastic response from the crowd. The setlist was pretty similar, but there 1-2 changes. Mac was in great form and stated that Rod Stewart could go f*** himself after turning down an invite form a Faces reunion.

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: July 3, 2005 07:09

filstan,

Sorry I missed it especially because November's show was great. One more question since you are local (Chicagoan)...did you ever see the Joe Ely Band at Fitzgeralds back in the 80s when David Grisson and Bobby Keyes were in the line-up? In my view, they were second live only to the Stones (with Peter Wolf a few years ago at Fitzgeralds in 3rd)...not that I like to rank them, only Ely and Wolf were THAT good....

Date: July 3, 2005 21:42

I didn't see Ely at any of those gigs, but the reviews were very good. I did see Peter Wolf at Fitzgeralds in support of his latest album and that was an amazing show. I went by myself and was floored by how good he was fronting that band. I agree that this was one of the best gigs I had been to in years and still feel that way. I spoke with Bill Fitzgerald yesterday about the Bump Band gig the other night, and he said the arrangement was made back in November when they first came through town. Mac apparently liked the venue and said he would be happy to come back and sure enough we was there this week to the benefit of his fans here in Chicago.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 3, 2005 23:34

Hi filstan, did Mac make that Rod Stewart statement on stage to the audience or in a private talk at the bar?

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 4, 2005 17:22

charlotte of RSFCO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hej Kent,
> Tusind tak for cd'en den er bare fed...... Önsker
> dig en god sommer...
> Vi ses on the tour as promised....

Ja vi gør. Ses snart. Rart at høre fra dig igen. smiling smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1322
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home