Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Jagger and Alice Cooper Mural Los Angeles
Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: January 18, 2015 02:01

Hello, I'm reaching out to the IORRers to see if anyone knows where wall murals of MJ and Alice Cooper are in downtown LA. I passed by this building a few weeks ago but now can't recall where it is and can't find anything on the web about it. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Re: Jagger and Alice Cooper Mural Los Angeles
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 18, 2015 03:32

This is a job for ----- BLUZDUDE

ROCKMAN

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: January 18, 2015 08:28

Only one I can come across is in the south of Italy

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: January 20, 2015 09:59

Took a bit of sleuthing. Oddly, found only one clue online: just one twitter post about the Alice Cooper mural, plus a photo. Not one other mention anywhere!

Tracked them down by Googling "420" dispensaries in Los Angeles because you can see in the twitter photo the Alice Cooper mural is located next to a 420 Clinic, which displays its street number.

It says "Desperado" on the building by Alice Cooper. And "Paint It Black" next to the Mick Jagger mural. Maybe someone from Los Angeles knows something more. I'm astonished I couldn't figure out anything else -- hope this helps.

NOTE: corner of South Broadway and West Washington Blvd. Los Angeles

-swiss

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-20 11:09 by swiss.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 20, 2015 10:04

Nice work swiss, you have mad skills!

peace

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: January 20, 2015 22:11

Thanks, Naturalust! The funny thing is, if you turn the corner on West Washington Street, on Google Maps, it suddenly shows a beige wall without the Mick mural. That view is date stamped May 2014. But if you "look" down the street from the corner in another view, you see the Mick mural--which is dated from October 2014--as is the Alice Cooper mural. I wonder what is actually in that space. The same "Hours" sign is in the window in the garage door on the Mick side. Mysterioso! Hope origical poster Shawnriffhard checks back here smiling smiley

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: January 20, 2015 23:57

We could tell you what's located there but then we would have to kill you (top secret). lol

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: January 21, 2015 02:12

Awesome work Swiss! Thanks a bunch. I really thought it may have been a hallucination as I was kind of asleep when I passed it. Thanks again.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: January 21, 2015 17:43

Looks like a good place to score some smack.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1657
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home