Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones sponsor St Gerlach face reconstruction
Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: January 8, 2015 13:11

Saint Gerlach was a hermit who lived in the 12th century. A reliquary containing the skull of Gerlach is situated in the Roman Catholic parish church of Houthem in the Netherlands. Serveral local organisations and buildings are named after Gerlach, such as the luxurious hotel 'Chateau St Gerlach', a former monastery which holds the parish church. The Rolling Stones stayed there last June for their Landgraaf gig.

On the occasion of the 850th anniversary of the parish, a bust of Gerlach was reconstructed based on the skull. The bust was reveiled on January 5th 2015, the feastday of St Gerlach, by the bishop of Liège.

This project was cofinanced by Charlie Watts and Ron Wood, who got a tour of the church by Camille Oostwegel, owner of hotel Chateau St Gerlach, during their stay in June:

source: nos.

source: parish website.

Here is an article (in dutch) from local newsagency L1 from June:
[www.l1.nl]

The parish website has an item on the events of Jan. 5th here (also in dutch):
[www.st-gerlach.nl]

Re: Rolling Stones sponsor St Gerlach face reconstruction
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 8, 2015 14:35

Now they should age it a bit : it looks like a Jeff Koons sculpture! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Billy10 ()
Date: January 9, 2015 03:14

Wow - my favorite band, my faith, and the country of my origin - I'm brimming with pride - many thanks to Charlie and Ronnie for their kindness & generosity! It always makes me feel closer to the band when I read of their many acts of generosity such as this! Peace.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: January 9, 2015 16:12

That goes for me too. I was born a couple of miles from Houthem and raised a catholic, which makes me proud of this. It's like they enter your livingroom.

Posted by: spain73 ()
Date: January 9, 2015 20:52

I'd better prefer them to sponsor a dirty girls club or an old rock and roll bar or something like that...

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 9, 2015 21:34

spain73
I'd better prefer them to sponsor a dirty girls club or an old rock and roll bar or something like that...

They've been sponsoring them for years. Now they are becoming cultured old gentlemen.

peace

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: January 10, 2015 02:00

What a good thing for Charlie and Ron to do!

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: January 10, 2015 02:38

A much better job than the bust of poor Brian!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-10 02:40 by steffialicia.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: January 10, 2015 02:44

Naturalust
spain73

They've been sponsoring them for years. Now they are becoming cultured old gentlemen.

peace
plus, the band has always had a thing for skulls. Maybe they got a casting for a new ring for Keith in the deal.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2087
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home