Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Sonoko Nimura in memory
Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 1, 2015 20:04

Sonoko Nimura was a great Rolling Stones fan. She followed the Stones all over the world since the 90's, and she made friends and contacts with many, inside and outside the band. It is with sadness I hear she passed away at home in Osaka Japan on 23 November 2014.

I have written my words about Sonoko Nimura here:

[www.iorr.org]

Feel free to post your own memories from touring with Sonoko Nimrua here. Please respect the privacy in this matter, please do only share what is appropriate to be shared in the public. Thank you. And thank you Sonoko for all the great years on tour. Miss You.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-01 20:08 by bv.

Re: Sonoko Nimura in memory
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 1, 2015 20:15

very sorry for the loss of your friend and stones superfan BV.

very fitting tribute.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 1, 2015 20:42

Some of us well remember Sonoko too and shared many up-front spots with her at Stones and Stones-related shows. She was a regular fixture and was scarcely ever not to be seen. I was very saddened when I was told of her passing and am pleased that BV has made this sticky thread in memory of such a devoted fan. RIP, Sonoko.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: January 1, 2015 21:00

Oh No! Met this lovely lady in Madrid.

My heartfelt condolences go out to her family and friends.

She was so well liked by Stones fans all over the world.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 1, 2015 21:12

Think i met her at the Bercy concert.
have a great,safe journey to the heavens.

Jeroen

Posted by: vdkf ()
Date: January 1, 2015 21:16

Rest in peace, Sonoko, you will be missed.

Have last seen her at the Pinkpop Festival last summer...

sad smiley

~~~ Keef rulez! ~~~

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: January 1, 2015 21:28

So sad to read.

Rest in peace Sonoko.

Posted by: william060190 ()
Date: January 1, 2015 21:34

I remember our o-jigis in Bondy. Last time I saw her was in Zurich. I feel sad and sorry.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 1, 2015 21:39

A very nice ode BV for one of the superfans

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: January 1, 2015 22:39

Rest in peace

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: January 1, 2015 22:41

I first met Sonoko in Italy after a Stones show more than a decade ago. WE had our good times, and an an occasional spat as most friends do.I was so happy to see her in Adelaide, and the times we shared at rehearsals were great. She will be missed by many.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: January 1, 2015 22:57

I don't think I got to know Sonoko well until the Bigger Bang tour in Europe 07. Since then, it's always been great running into her...most recently glad to see her at 3am after the Stones in Lisbon. I was alone and there was no public transportation or cabs at that time in the venue area. There she was and of course she had other good friends near by. We walked a long distance but finally found a cab together. I can't believe I'll never see her again...she will be missed by so many....Here we are in Bucharest (thanks to Kahoosier):

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: January 1, 2015 23:00

I am very sorry to hear of Sonoko's passing. She always had a great smile and
Passion for the band and her travels. Last time I spoke to her was at the
Taylor/Wood shows in Ny. Rest in peace.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: January 1, 2015 23:13

I didn't ever meet this lady but I am moved by the beautiful tribute BV posted and I am glad she has this thread in her memory. RIP Sonoko.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 1, 2015 23:14

Very sad news, RIP Sonoko.

I only got to meet her in Bondy in November 2012 but these are of course very intense memories...I remember being amazed that she'd flown in from Japan just to be there, little did I know of her being such a dedicated fan at the time. She used to stand slightly apart from the crowd seemingly taking in the music that seeped through.

After the "Public Rehearsal" on November 8th when Mick thanked us for being there rain or shine and not understanding why we did it, there were some excited shouts and one of them was "See you in Japan" from Sonoko that Mick heard well and it made him smile...I remember discussing that with Sonoko outside and she was both happy and a bit embarrassed but we all had a good laugh.

The next day when the "Champagne and Reefer" picture that bv shared was taken she was taking pictures of everyone and explained that she needed them because she had a very poor memory of faces...something I found out first hand a few months later when I was frantically waving at her from the T1 at HP1 when she was right at the front of T2 and she looked puzzled ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 1, 2015 23:28

I think she was also was at Bondy late on Feb.13, that is the day before they opened the doors once again...

All the usual hanger-ons there just turned their head when she made that out-of-this-world scream of joy after noticing another uber-fan was on the site (it was a young Hungarian man with a cascade of golden hair).

I found that little "accident" adorable. The Stones have lost a dedicated fan for sure...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-01 23:34 by dcba.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 1, 2015 23:46

Sad to learn of Sonoko's passing... Safe journey

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Heart for Stones ()
Date: January 1, 2015 23:55

Sad to hear.

Always nice to meet her.

First time really speaking with her was when Martin had met her after the show in rainy Bergen, Norway. She had nowhere to sleep. Martin knew that we still had plenty of room in the house we had rented.
Next morning she was gone, but we did meet again several times.
Also in Oslo and Berlin last summer.

RIP Sonoko.

All the Best!

Posted by: Dandelion1812 ()
Date: January 2, 2015 00:10

Im so sad to read about her passing. She will be sadly missed. RIP Sonoko.

Dande ;-)
"www.stonestreff.de"

Posted by: FolkyFireKitten1 ()
Date: January 2, 2015 00:25

Sad to read...
Sincere condolences to her family and her friends.
RIP Sonoko

Posted by: atsu69 ()
Date: January 2, 2015 00:36

So sad to hear this...
Rest in peace Sonoko.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: January 2, 2015 00:57

This is very, very sad news.
Almost every Stones concert I went to during the past two decades I talked with her in Japanese. My more than 40 years relation with Japan had a lot to do with it. Although we shared the same passion (Stones) our conversations were mostly about our everyday lives. My wife and I last spoke to her in Stockholm on my birthday. From now on I will treasure that meeting as a precious birthday gift.
Your still so young spirit will be with us, Sonoko.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: January 2, 2015 01:12

Sonoko was arguably Japan's No. 1 Stones fan, no mean feat given the ubiquity of super-terrific rock 'n' roll obsessives over there.

After the Echoplex ticket debacle, when passes were handed out randomly instead of to the early arrivals, Sonoko calmly and methodically worked the crowd, and somehow managed to extract a ticket from one of the lucky folks.

The Stones' last show, in Auckland, didn't feel quite right, with Sonoko's absence keenly felt.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 2, 2015 01:16

Oh no. This is so sad. My Dear Lady Anne and I will miss you so very much. Rest in peace dear Sonoko.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: January 2, 2015 01:37

Sonoko Nimura R.I.P.

I toured with Sonoko and shared many hotel rooms with her on many Stones' tours over the past decades in Europe, Australia, The USA and South America. The last time we enjoyed a show together was in Rome this past June. She was a real trooper! There is a hole in my Heart. I will miss her dearly....

Photo taken at The Grand Hotel in Biarritz, France 2007

Photo taken at Friends Steak Restaurant in Buenos Aires, Argentina 2006

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-02 01:51 by DREAMTIME.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: January 2, 2015 02:12

Rest in peace!

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: January 2, 2015 04:07

RIP and may the Stones songs surround you as your spirit soars

Posted by: MALF ()
Date: January 2, 2015 04:25

So sad to learn about this sad news. Sonoko will be missed this year on tour with the Rolling Stones. RIP.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 2, 2015 10:10

Love and light to you, Sonoko

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: January 2, 2015 10:59

I met Sonoko in Paris in 2006 when a group of us had a very long chat one evening in the band's hotel; and then later on that tour in Copenhagen, Bergen and some other places I now forget. A few words in Europe in 2014 - too few it seems now.

Very sad news - like BV she was a true platinum-plated fan - absolute dedication and a superb lady.

A very personal, appropriate, obituary by BV - thank you for caring and posting.

rest in peace

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1789
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home