Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Biggest Bang dvd
Posted by: harrybo ()
Date: December 26, 2014 19:37

I am watching the Biggest Bang dvd at this moment
and ich I think the sound is good but the quality of
the video is quite bad-
I know there is a blue Ray of this box, is there any
difference between these two releases?
Thank You for your help and merry christmas to all of you!

Re: The Biggest Bang dvd
Posted by: Tate ()
Date: December 27, 2014 17:27

Perhaps you have an incorrect screen setting? I do not recall the quality of the video being bad at all on my dvd.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 27, 2014 17:31

The quality of TBB is garbage compared to FOUR FLICKS! And I don't just mean picture quality on yer TV!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 27, 2014 17:34

The blu-ray only has 1 show & a few highlights I think. Dvd 3 more or less complete shows.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 27, 2014 23:36

It's funny. I used to watch Four Flicks & The Biggest Bang with some regularity. Since they've been releasing product with the REAL band on it the last two or three years I have no desire to dig those out. There's some good stuff on there, but very little of it comes up to the quality of the pre-1990 stuff.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: December 28, 2014 18:14

harrybo
the video is quite bad-

Hi harrybo

Yes there is a big difference in content between TBB DVD and Blu Ray versions. With the blu ray, you only get the Austin, Texas show and a few extras on a single disc. The DVD version is a far bigger package over 4 discs and has the Rio de Janeiro and Austin shows on discs 1 and 2. Disc 3 has clips from Japan, China and Brazil and disc 4 has a tour documentary.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 28, 2014 18:20

Father Ted
harrybo
the video is quite bad-

Hi harrybo

Yes there is a big difference in content between TBB DVD and Blu Ray versions. With the blu ray, you only get the Austin, Texas show and a few extras on a single disc. The DVD version is a far bigger package over 4 discs and has the Rio de Janeiro and Austin shows on discs 1 and 2. Disc 3 has clips from Japan, China and Brazil and disc 4 has a tour documentary.

Disc 3 has clips from Japan, China and Argentina, not Brazil. winking smiley

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: December 30, 2014 05:21

It's weird I never really got into this. The only release I never did. The Texas show just didn't translate well to camera. Well if it did it would have been a boring show by Stones standards from the look of it. I don't know that I've watched all of them in their entirety. Maybe I should go back for a squiz. Just remember it never really pumped me. But I thought the same of the Licks club show at first and I like it now.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: December 30, 2014 13:47

Cristiano Radtke
Father Ted
harrybo
the video is quite bad-

Hi harrybo

Disc 3 has clips from Japan, China and Argentina, not Brazil. winking smiley

My mistake, yes, it is of course Argentina. Thanks Cristiano!

Date: December 30, 2014 13:49

GasLightStreet
The quality of TBB is garbage compared to FOUR FLICKS! And I don't just mean picture quality on yer TV!

The Rio show is excellent, both musically and visually.

Austin is hard to watch, especially when we know that the guitar techs did overdubs on UMT and other songs...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 30, 2014 15:34

DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet

Austin is hard to watch, especially when we know that the guitar techs did overdubs on UMT and other songs...

I did like the Rio show. It is pretty good. But I've only watched it two or three times - the most of any of the BANG discs.

Date: December 30, 2014 15:42

GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet

I did like the Rio show. It is pretty good. But I've only watched it two or three times - the most of any of the BANG discs.

Yeah, for a warhorse-fest it was surprisingly good. 2-3 times? Yeah, that's approximately how many times I've watched it, too smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1848
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home