Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: GRRR! Super deluxe only $40 on US Amazon!
Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: December 24, 2014 17:13

got it(yesterday)...$39.10 +free shipping..

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: December 24, 2014 19:18

detroitken
got it(yesterday)...$39.10 +free shipping..

I ordered last week. Question Detroitken: was it in Chinese? I was going thru the amazon reviews and as stated earlier on this thread someone received a Chinese copy.
Happy Holidays!!

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: December 24, 2014 23:17

Not Chinese...

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 1, 2015 22:22

Thanks matinil for letting us know. I live near Vancouver and got my brother to order it for me since he has a US PO Box just across the border. Went to his place and got it yesterday.
I wish the BBC vinyl was on CD. Not sure if it was discussed when GRRR was first released but the IBC disc sound quality isn't the greatest. I've found better sounding versions on this site previously! Not sure where ABKCO got the source tapes but I don't think they were the original masters. On Bright Lights, you could hear the needle on vinyl.
I first bought the Bright Lights, Big City bootleg album back in the early 80's. I recall reading back then that after the Stones did these sessions, Brian went back to the studio to get the original master tapes, telling them that the band had broken up so he just wanted to keep the tapes. It said that in the following years, he would play these songs for friends and that he was proud of the songs.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 1, 2015 22:45

Price the $127 now...

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: January 1, 2015 22:56

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 1, 2015 23:15

Got my copy second hand a few months ago and that friendly looking gorilla is staring right at me as I type this ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: January 1, 2015 23:19

Received my copy New Years Eve. Thanks again, for 39.00 well worth it.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 2, 2015 00:54

Ditto, can't go wrong for $39.00. Thank you mantilla for the heads up!!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 2, 2015 02:39

SonicDreamer
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

you have to have a fast finger on the trigger!

Date: January 2, 2015 09:47

After listening to the four CD's, not including the IBC disc, I think the only song that I would need to use for burning on future compilation discs would be Ruby Tuesday.
I have all of the 2002 hybrid SACD's and as everyone knows, the Ruby Tuesday from that as well as 40 Licks is missing vocals during the chorus.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 2, 2015 17:05

DGA35
After listening to the four CD's, not including the IBC disc, I think the only song that I would need to use for burning on future compilation discs would be Ruby Tuesday.
I have all of the 2002 hybrid SACD's and as everyone knows, the Ruby Tuesday from that as well as 40 Licks is missing vocals during the chorus.

I just listened to Ruby Tuesday from THE SINGLES COLLECTION, HOT ROCKS and FORTY LICKS and they all sound the same - with vocals during the chorus.

Date: January 2, 2015 17:26

GasLightStreet
DGA35

I just listened to Ruby Tuesday from THE SINGLES COLLECTION, HOT ROCKS and FORTY LICKS and they all sound the same - with vocals during the chorus.

Maybe you couldn't hear the missing vocals because you were singing too loud skippy?

Date: January 2, 2015 17:43

One of the RT choruses is missing a vocal track, no?

I think DGA is right.

Date: January 2, 2015 17:51

Which one?

They all sound the same!

Date: January 2, 2015 17:51

treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
DGA35

Maybe you couldn't hear the missing vocals because you were singing too loud skippy?

I do tend to sing the harmony much louder than the entire song...

Date: January 2, 2015 19:15

GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
DGA35

I do tend to sing the harmony much louder than the entire song...

In that case, I bet you just slay Beach Boys music.

Date: January 2, 2015 23:24

When the 2002 SACD hybrids and 40 Licks were originally released, there were discussions on this board about the missing vocals during the chorus. Lukpac's website about the 2002 SACD's discusses this, too.
I'm not sure if later releases of the albums had the situation corrected. The current 60's albums aren't hybrid SACD anymore. The original ABKCO releases from the late 80's had the correct vocals as did the 80's London releases.

Date: January 3, 2015 03:12

Huh.

Well hell. I dunno. Is it all of the choruses? I listened to the three I mentioned and I didn't notice anything different.

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: January 3, 2015 05:25

It's back to $39.50 again on Amazon. Twenty copies left. Get them while you can, also free shipping.

Date: January 3, 2015 05:28

LSTNT
It's back to $39.50 again on Amazon. Twenty copies left. Get them while you can, also free shipping.

yeah it's a damn good deal at that price. pity they feel the need to burn people at well over $100 for this.

When it first came out, I'm quite sure I spent around 32 Euros or so for it, from Amazon.de in the presale period and then it jumped to well over 100 Euros.

Date: January 3, 2015 05:33

Hi Gaslight. If your three copies are all from 2002, then they will all sound the same. If you get GRRR, you will definitely notice a difference.

Date: January 3, 2015 06:12

Singles is from 1989. Hot Rocks and Licks are from 2002.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: January 3, 2015 15:09

I thought I remember seeing somewhere that You Got The Silver was a different version...?

Posted by: Rosto ()
Date: January 3, 2015 23:33

I just ordered one for 50 euro including postage end packing. Hope it will be send. Previous order for 63 euro was cancelled last week. I got mailed it was out of stock.

Let it rock!

Posted by: ZantiMisfit ()
Date: January 4, 2015 00:52

All gone again.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 4, 2015 01:01

Give them at least two hours to package some more

ROCKMAN

Date: January 4, 2015 01:15

Rockman

What do you think Mick and Ronnie are doing as we speak.

Date: January 4, 2015 03:06

treaclefingers
Rockman

What do you think Mick and Ronnie are doing as we speak.

We are speaking? Who's "we"? Wouldn't they be doing something when "we" are not speaking as well?

Date: January 4, 2015 03:12

I need to understand something:

Stones fans actually bought this monkey album thing? In whatever form it was?

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2197
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home