Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: My RS Fan Book is Out: You Get What You Need
Posted by: keithglimmer ()
Date: January 25, 2015 17:54

I got a digital copy a couple of days ago when a story about the book turned up in my google news feed thingy. Really cool stuff. Great work angee

OT: Let's help Angee out with "You Get What You Need"
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: January 25, 2015 07:04

Angee needs five more good reviews on Amazon to get her nifty book on
Goodreads.com, which is a great website for spreading the word.

I'm in England on a work project at the moment but if 5 of you Americans post
a review on Amazon.com I will check in at IORR in a couple of weeks and arrange to send the 5 good guys/gals a worthwhile rock momento from my archive.

Re: OT: Let's help Angee out with "You Get What You Need"
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 25, 2015 15:59

Thanks, stonesrule. I've been meaning to write to Angee about how much I enjoyed her book and this was just the push I needed. Just wrote the 10th review on Amazon. smiling smiley

Posted by: angee ()
Date: January 26, 2015 03:56

Hey, *Keithglimmer*, and *latebloomer*, how nice is that! Now I'm trying to figure out how to negotiate good reads to get shown on there. Thanks to you.

*Stonesrule*, man, you rule, on Stones, that's for sure! If I was to have a publicist...cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 26, 2015 06:05

Sweet ladies making sweet gestures to each other...love it. I'd make a comment angee but I've yet to read the book, not one to be rushed these days. Sometimes the anticipation is as good as the act. grinning smiley

peace

Date: February 17, 2015 18:42

Hi, everyone,

I dug up this topic to note the following info for anyone interested in listening to an all-Stones radio show this coming Friday,, Feb. 20th at 7 pm-9 pm EST. The host "Ripper" (Russ Yodice), a big fan, is interviewing me about the book for the first portion of his show called "Ripper's Rarities" for maybe 15-20 minutes.

Here is the link to the station's page, at WSLR out of Sarasota, Florida with live listening options, including iTunes found under the "Schedule" tab:
[wslr.org].

For anyone doesn't know yet or who needs a reminder, my book is You Get What you Need (Miniver Press, 2014) out in paperback and for Kindle (see [www.amazon.com]).

And thanks again for all your support so far. cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: DoctorFreddie ()
Date: February 17, 2015 19:25

Just read the book and what a nice book. I thought i was a hardcore stones fan but compared to some of the people in the book, im just a novice. Blue Lena must be a hell of a woman, in good terms. Learned a lot about different stones fans and youve must be much appreciated by the stones. PS If you read this B.L can you please post pictures of the Keith scarfs. Wonder what they looks likesmiling smiley "Thank you Jesus, thank you lord"and Keith laughed out loud and said "dont thank them" he hesmiling smiley

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 18, 2015 01:28

Looking forward to listening, Angee! Good for you!

An odd thing...following the link you provided, when you click on the schedule for The Breakfast Bar there is a small picture of a crazy old codger in a radio station with an "On The Air" sign lit up behind him. That codger is Canadian actor Don Harron in character as Charlie Farquharson. A rather big Canadian icon in the '70s, Harron died in Toronto last month at age 90.

Date: February 18, 2015 17:55

Oh, good, STG!

Thanks so much, DoctorFreddie, much, much appreciated. cool smiley
I passed your comment on to BL, hope that's okay--she'll get a kick out of it.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: February 19, 2015 17:28

DoctorFreddie, BL says thanks to you, and...

Since she's not usually reading here or at any of the Stones boards, she gave me this link for you
to see all the *Keith scarves*:

[members.tripod.com]

Reminder, radio show tomorrow evening, all-Stones, all live cuts, 7-9 pm, Ripper's Rarities, WSLR:
[wslr.org]
See Schedule tab for listening options.

We discuss fans and the band at the top of the show.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: DoctorFreddie ()
Date: February 20, 2015 11:53

angee
DoctorFreddie, BL says thanks to you, and...

Since she's not usually reading here or at any of the Stones boards, she gave me this link for you
to see all the *Keith scarves*:

[members.tripod.com]

Reminder, radio show tomorrow evening, all-Stones, all live cuts, 7-9 pm, Ripper's Rarities, WSLR:
[wslr.org]
See Schedule tab for listening options.

We discuss fans and the band at the top of the show.

Thank you. That was very kind of you angee. Much appreciatedsmiling smileythumbs up

Date: February 21, 2015 00:26

angee
Hi, everyone,

I dug up this topic to note the following info for anyone interested in listening to an all-Stones radio show this coming Friday,, Feb. 20th at 7 pm-9 pm EST. The host "Ripper" (Russ Yodice), a big fan, is interviewing me about the book for the first portion of his show called "Ripper's Rarities" for maybe 15-20 minutes.

Here is the link to the station's page, at WSLR out of Sarasota, Florida with live listening options, including iTunes found under the "Schedule" tab:
[wslr.org].

For anyone doesn't know yet or who needs a reminder, my book is You Get What you Need (Miniver Press, 2014) out in paperback and for Kindle (see [www.amazon.com]).

Reminder - on the air in 90 minutes!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 21, 2015 00:31

SomeTorontoGirl
angee
Hi, everyone,

[wslr.org].

Reminder - on the air in 90 minutes!

Thanks for the reminder - I almost forgot it. smiling smiley

Date: February 21, 2015 02:30

TY, SomeTorontoGirl, well, I was a little nervous, did you enjoy it?
I was afraid my phone would go out on me, drop the sound, ha.

Hope you heard it, Cristiano! I think it went pretty well, two crazy Stones fans talking.
Good live tunes continuing now.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: February 21, 2015 02:35

Sorry I missed it. Can someone post a link to the audio? Thanks. peace

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 21, 2015 02:37

Yep, I heard it. Well done, angee! smileys with beer

Actually, I'm still listening to the show, there's a lot of fine live songs being played.

Date: February 21, 2015 02:56

Nice job, Angee! It brings you some much-deserved publicity!

Posted by: rubyT ()
Date: March 8, 2015 20:59

Hi angee,
got your book here in France with amazon.fr
easyly readable and understandable even if english is not your native language
it was nice to read other fans experiences and feel part of the family, even with a very small concert-goer history
hope next summer will give us all many things to tell you for your next edition !!

Date: March 9, 2015 16:54

rubyT, thank you so much for your recommendation from France, merci!

I'm happy to know the writing is easily understable. Yes, part of the family, good to hear you felt part of the Stones fan community. Yes, for the next editon or installment, if it happens, I would love to talk to more fans about more recent shows and past ones too. cool smiley

Cristiano, glad you heard the radio spot, short and hopefully sweet, huh?
Naturalust, no tape exists, none that I can access anyway, so sorry.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: March 9, 2015 17:30

angee

Naturalust, no tape exists, none that I can access anyway, so sorry.

I'd settle for a transcript...smiling smiley

peace

Date: March 10, 2015 04:26

Haha, at this point, I'd settle for you getting the book on Kindle. cool smiley
Well, then again, I think you need a paper copy. :-) Maybe an autographed one.

The transcript wouldn't have all those sounds that, you know, aren't really words on it.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-10 04:27 by angee.

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: March 24, 2015 16:53

Hi Angee, just read your book and very much enjoyed it. I'm glad to know so many other fans are just like me. I thought I might be the only person who remembers exactly when getting hooked on the Stones through a song. It was 35 years ago for me when I heard SFTD at a grammar school ball practice. I have not been posting long or often but enjoy meeting and sharing with other fans. I liked you straight forward writing style. Thanks for the read. Joe

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 24, 2015 17:02

Congratulations for your book. Very cool. I'm happy this thread made its way back up or I'd have missed the info.

Heading over to amazon.ca right now.

Much good luck to you!

CE smoking smiley

Date: May 11, 2015 04:52

Hey, everyone, Bjornulf told me to feel free to revive this particular topic that is about my book:

You Get What You Need: Stories of Fans of The Rolling Stones (Miniver Press, 2014). It is on
Amazon.com and also at Amazon.co.uk:
[www.amazon.com]
[www.amazon.co.uk]

Why I'm bringing it up now is I will have a few copies with me at shows in Columbus and Milwaukee. If you want one, you can write to me at the email in my profile and we can meet up. You can save the postage. :-) And, if anyone wants to drag a copy they already have to the show, I'd be glad to sign it for you! Thanks for all the support so far for the book, from those who gave me interviews to those who purchased it, even if you aren't in it. cool smiley

Aside from that, I hope I run into those who are going before or at those two shows, where I will be. I should be wearing my black Stones cowboy hat.

Here's to a great tour!

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: January 18, 2016 18:28

Hi, everyone, all you IORR'rs:

As some of you know, I wrote a book that came out about a year ago. The contents are based on interviews with over *100 fans of The Rolling Stones* of all ages, featuring stories from members of online boards including those here at IORR. People talk about how they first discovered the music of the RS, highlights of their concert experiences, their online names and interactions, and in-person meetings with band members and back-ups. It is available on Amazon under its title: You Get What You Need. or you can order a paperback copy directly from me.

[www.amazon.com]
[www.amazon.co.uk]

With the upcoming Olé Tour in Central and South America, I am asking for help from any of you fans going to those shows. If you write to me at andee9@gmail.com with your name and home address, I will send you some postcards to distribute to other fans attending the concerts. Even if you are not going, and would like have a few cards to give to friends or acquaintances to get more word out on the book, that is fine too, ask away.

Here are the front and back of the postcard. Blue Lena and Keith are on the book cover. The photos come from inside the book. You may see someone you recognize. cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: January 20, 2016 05:27

Great postcard Andee! Bring many for the preconcert parties

Who's that handsome SOAB with Mick Taylor? >grinning smiley<

BTW... it's not "Central and South America", they also will play in Mexico, in fact you’re in for both shows... so just in short say "Latin America"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-20 05:31 by Voodoo Chile in Wonderland.

Date: January 20, 2016 05:46

Ah, Latin America, duh!!! Thanks, VC.

I will bring lots of them for the pre-show parties.

On that good-looking fellow with Mick Taylor, I think he was trying to help Mick T with his solo career.

~"Love is Strong"~

Re: OT: Let's help Angee out with "You Get What You Need"
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 20, 2016 16:23

stonesrule
Angee needs five more good reviews on Amazon to get her nifty book on
Goodreads.com, which is a great website for spreading the word.

I'm in England on a work project at the moment but if 5 of you Americans post
a review on Amazon.com I will check in at IORR in a couple of weeks and arrange to send the 5 good guys/gals a worthwhile rock momento from my archive.

Count me in

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 20, 2016 18:07

A little late, but got a review in.

Date: January 20, 2016 19:37

Excellent, thank you, Elmo! (Maybe the book can still make Goodreads. Is stonesrule still reading?)

~"Love is Strong"~

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1698
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home