Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Ronnie on "X Factor" Finale, December 14
Posted by: Medzvel ()
Date: December 15, 2014 12:01

My Youtube playlist - Rolling Stones (Voice, Got Talent, X Factor, Idol, Rockstar)

video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: December 15, 2014 12:05

Ronnie and Sally are out and about quite a lot when not on tour.

They love going out and mingling with other famous people.

He probably turns down more offers of media stuff than he actually takes up.

He can't be at home painting or strumming all the time.

He loves it all. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 15, 2014 12:19

Sure, but why does he support this shit? These boys, who can't sing or play instruments, are already multimillionairs. Even in pounds.

Date: December 15, 2014 12:24

Maybe he has an (economical) interest in them? It's a dirty showbiz-world out there smiling smiley

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: December 15, 2014 13:29

The stones have been going for 50 years and people will be talking about them in another 50 years.
Everyone knows that these bunch of clowns will not be around in 50 years.

Stay away from mediocrity it's poison

Nate

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: December 15, 2014 13:34

DandelionPowderman
Maybe he has an (economical) interest in them? It's a dirty showbiz-world out there smiling smiley

That is the only explanation that would make sense to me. Since it is not only Ronnie - Mick is obviously "friends" with one of those too. Can't think of much else that I would write other than what I already wrote this summer: [www.iorr.org]

I re-watched the One Direction video I posted in the thread above and again...why would anybody from The Stones want to get involved in something like this? Money would be an answer of course.

Anyway, after a great year, when The Stones proved us what an amazing band they still are, here on the contrary we have a little example of how low they can get (thankfully not as a band). Whatever the true reasons are.

But we love you, Ronnie, whatever you do :-)

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: December 15, 2014 13:43

A lot of Stones fans seem to be getting worked up over this one-off, but musically as it concerns the Stones it's a nonevent--because it doesn't concern the Stones, it's just Ronnie having a fun night out while the band is off the road. Much adouche about nothing.

Besides, was there this much outrage here when members of One Direction showed up backstage at a Stones concert in 2013?

As members of the world's biggest boy band, One Direction's Harry Styles and Niall Horan are used to being surrounded by adoring fans. This week though, they were left decidedly star-struck as they met their musical heroes, The Rolling Stones.

The excited pair turned up to watch the band rock Washington DC on the last US date of their 50 And Counting Tour.

Photo and article from: [us.hellomagazine.com]

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: December 15, 2014 13:58

stonehearted
A lot of Stones fans seem to be getting worked up over this one-off, but musically as it concerns the Stones it's a nonevent...

...Besides, was there this much outrage here when members of One Direction showed up backstage at a Stones concert in 2013?

Well, it is not exactly a one-off event, as you write further in your post. And it is exactly as if The Stones were hanging around with The New Kids On The Block or Backstreet Boys 25 years ago. Exactly the same. No reason for outrage of course, but a reason not to believe my eyes for sure. :-)

Posted by: Berry88 ()
Date: December 15, 2014 14:39

I'm sure about one thing, you will never see Keith or Charlie in this kind of ... you know ... "thing"

Date: December 15, 2014 14:46

Berry88
I'm sure about one thing, you will never see Keith or Charlie in this kind of ... you know ... "thing"

He's done defending Justin Timberlake on stage for good? smiling smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 15, 2014 15:11

Ohhh - I just CAN'T be SEEN with YOU....

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: December 15, 2014 15:12

You have all become your parents! lol The circle keeps unfolding and I was told One Direction are like the Beatles of their generation. Now let's put artistic merit aside for a second. It's the Beatles type of excitement that we are talking about. Who is it for old gramps in his jean suspenders to scowl at the "music the kids are making these days?"

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 15, 2014 15:28

Some Boys: Ronnie Wood Performs With One Direction

(photo: Dymond/Syco/Thames/Corbis)

Lyndsey Parker
Yahoo! Music Managing Editor
December 14, 2014

Mick Jagger once said, incredibly, that One Direction reminded him of the Rolling Stones. And apparently Mick’s bandmate, Ronnie Wood, feels a similar kinship with the boy band. X Factor U.K. viewers were in for a massive surprise Sunday, when the Stones axeman, age 67, joined the 1D lads (ages 20-21) on the show’s Season 11 finale.

"It’s a Rolling Stone! RONNIE WOOD!" howled the arguably most Jagger-like One Direction member, Harry Styles, as Ronnie bounded out, rocking a gravity-defying ‘do that put Harry’s lush locks to shame. As Ronnie joined in on the new 1D single "Where Do Broken Hearts Go?," at one point Harry bowed down at Ronnie’s booted feet, dropped to his knees, and played air-guitar. Meanwhile, Harry’s bandmate, Niall Horan, played real guitar and excitedly traded licks with the Stone.

This probably shouldn’t have worked, and surely many classic rock fans found the pairing between a guitar legend and some blokes who placed third on The X Factor U.K. Season 7 quite tragic. But the 1D boys’ unabashed adulation (particularly Harry’s) was endearing, and it was clear that Ronnie was having a grand time as well. "They’re a great bunch of guys and really fabulous fun to work with, you know?” said Ronnie.

Added Niall: “As a guitarist and fan of guitarists, it doesn’t get too much better than this. I’m absolutely honored to even be on the stage with this man.”

This collaboration has actually been in the cards for some time. Back in 2012, Ronnie told Britain’s Daily Mirror that he’d taken the boys “under his wing" after meeting them at a GQ party, and that he’d love to play guitar with them one day. That evening, Niall tweeted: “Great night at GQ dinner! met Ronnie Wood, he said we gotta jam on stage sometime.i was like what the !! what an absolute legend /hero!” and Harry tweeted, “Just shared a brief embrace with Ronnie Wood. He smelt like 29 Studio albums, 10 live albums and rich mahogany.”

And what was Mick Jagger’s opinion of his bandmate’s moonlighting X Factor appearance? Ronnie told X Factor host Dermot O’Leary: “He thinks it’s fantastically funny, and hilariously creative.” Yes, that pretty much sums it up.

[www.yahoo.com]

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: December 15, 2014 15:36

Music Unites, music has no age, the music is fun, are the fans that become old and boring.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: December 15, 2014 15:52

Did he show them how to spark up

Date: December 15, 2014 15:52

Deltics
Ronnie at approx 1m 19s

In fairness, Ronnie really gave it all, LOL! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: December 15, 2014 16:20

I guess on reflection, it's just a bit of fun with a lot of mutual respect.
They get on great, so they had a good time. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 15, 2014 16:48

DandelionPowderman
Deltics
Ronnie at approx 1m 19s

In fairness, Ronnie really gave it all, LOL! >grinning smiley<

I wanted to like it and tried to keep an open mind, but I found it absolutely cringeworthy.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 15, 2014 17:11

It is great that Ronnie can have some fun on stage. I don't understand why people act like "moral police" and say some bands are good and some are bad.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: December 15, 2014 17:34

bv
It is great that Ronnie can have some fun on stage. I don't understand why people act like "moral police" and say some bands are good and some are bad.

Well there are people with moral and people without, good bands and bad ones and people who understand that and people who don't.
And I don't mind in which category you put yourself in.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: December 15, 2014 17:37

x

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-15 18:18 by vudicus.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 15, 2014 17:50

One Direction is really pretty great. Nice boys, excellent vocals and they do play instruments. In fact I think they wrote that song Ronnie is sitting in on.

Ronnie does look out of place though...

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: December 15, 2014 18:38

MileHigh
You have all become your parents! lol The circle keeps unfolding and I was told One Direction are like the Beatles of their generation. Now let's put artistic merit aside for a second. It's the Beatles type of excitement that we are talking about. Who is it for old gramps in his jean suspenders to scowl at the "music the kids are making these days?"

thumbs up Absolutely. Mrs Ted had the X Factor on and jaw temporarily dropped when Ron Wood went on stage with 1D. Don't know his name but the lad with the guitar really seemed to be enjoying playing with Ron.

Date: December 15, 2014 18:38

Welcome back, Munich smiling smiley

Posted by: Crazyhorse ()
Date: December 15, 2014 18:50

Plus for me is that my youngest, age 7, has now told her friends...I told you the Rolling Stones are great that's why One Direction wanted Ronnie Woods on stage with them.. Ha ha kids are great

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: December 15, 2014 19:02

keefriff99
strat72
Sad, very sad.....Another nail in The Stones coffin!
Riiiiight.

Almost 53 years as a band, but THIS is what's gonna finally bury them.

...And it just HAD to be Ronnie.
Taylor would have néver... .

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 15, 2014 19:08

Thanks DP...hope all is well

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: December 15, 2014 19:12

Pop music for the young, when I was a kid we had The Archies, Ohio Express, The Osmonds and The Jackson 5.... There will always be music for kids, nice to see Ronnie try to bridge the generations, this is not something to make a fuss or lose sleep about, just good old fashioned show biz..

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: December 15, 2014 20:21

Ronnie fits in very naturally.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 15, 2014 20:40

stonehearted
A lot of Stones fans seem to be getting worked up over this one-off, but musically as it concerns the Stones it's a nonevent--because it doesn't concern the Stones, it's just Ronnie having a fun night out while the band is off the road. Much adouche about nothing.

Besides, was there this much outrage here when members of One Direction showed up backstage at a Stones concert in 2013?

As members of the world's biggest boy band, One Direction's Harry Styles and Niall Horan are used to being surrounded by adoring fans. This week though, they were left decidedly star-struck as they met their musical heroes, The Rolling Stones.

The excited pair turned up to watch the band rock Washington DC on the last US date of their 50 And Counting Tour.

Photo and article from: [us.hellomagazine.com]

Are that Sally and Harry Styles related?....to me at least they seem to have a very similar look in their eyes about them..........

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1553
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home