Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones Lips and Tongue
Posted by: novica ()
Date: November 26, 2014 08:33

Price :real bargain !!!cool smiley
Stones Logo

Re: Rolling Stones Lips and Tongue
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 26, 2014 10:05

From the Link above:

[www.BeautifulCrime.Gallery]

ROLLING STONES LIPS AND TONGUE
£ 65,000
John Pasche

Silkscreen, 12,000 sequins and mixed media on canvas
Unique original, signed by the artist
100 x 100 cm

"This is one of three unique original canvases created by John Pasche in 2010, original creator and designer of the lips and tongue logo (after Mick Jagger approached him to design it at the Royal College of Art in the 70s). John Pasche sold the rights to the logo in 2012, so these are the last remaining original canvases made by the hands of the designer who created arguably global music history's most popular rock 'n' roll image."

-------------------------------------------------------

This source says by the way that John Pasche "has sold the copyright to the Stones in 1984, no other production rights of the logo were given to the artist. In 2009, Pasche reached an agreement with them permitting him to produce just five original and unique artworks based on the original design."

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-26 16:35 by Irix.

Date: November 26, 2014 10:20

The original artwork (from the year 1970) by John Pasche has been bought in Sept. 2008 for £ 51,375 by London's Victoria and Albert Museum and is to see there since some years.

See also this BBC-News article, The Guardian article as well as this Thread: [www.iorr.org] .

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-26 12:45 by Irix.

Date: November 26, 2014 10:25

Very first (it's controversial) 'Lips & Tongue' Design by Ernie Cefalu:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-26 11:30 by Irix.

Date: November 26, 2014 12:45

The idea of the 'Lips & Tongue' Design is derived from the Hindu goddess 'Kali':

Book Cover

Posted by: UnpurePurist ()
Date: November 26, 2014 15:14

Gotta say I've always preferred the original, 'flatter' version.

Date: November 26, 2014 15:37

Irix

How is this one controversial? Is it because he had to redo his illustration? I personally like this one-It looks like it could have/has been used for a pin...Plus it just look unique.

Date: November 26, 2014 16:15

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun

How is this one controversial? Is it because he had to redo his illustration?

As far as I've read it, it's controversial - not because he has redone his illustration - but it's controversial who has really done in 1970/71 the 'Lips & Tongue' Design for the first time (Ernie Cefalu or John Pasche).

UnCovered Interview – The Rolling Stones Lips & Tongue logo, with designs by Ernie Cefalu - Rock Pop Gallery

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-26 16:25 by Irix.

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: November 26, 2014 16:27

the younger ones have definitely more indebth, are more 3 dimensional. ltherefore i like it more...

Posted by: bmuseed ()
Date: November 26, 2014 18:03

I am surprised that I have not seen anyone post a comparison between this early Beatles Day Tripper Alan Aldredge image and the Stones Tongue and lips...

Date: November 26, 2014 19:40

bmuseed

I am surprised that I have not seen anyone post a comparison between this early Beatles Day Tripper Alan Aldredge image and the Stones Tongue and lips...

Interesting. Is this illustration part of the 'The Beatles Illustrated Lyrics' Book by Alan Aldridge? If so, is the illustration already contained in the 1st Edition of the Book in 1969?

Posted by: bmuseed ()
Date: November 26, 2014 21:01

Yes and yes, it is in the 1969 edition.

Interesting. Is this illustration part of the 'The Beatles Illustrated Lyrics' Book by Alan Aldridge? If so, is the illustration already contained in the 1st Edition of the Book in 1969?[/quote]

Date: November 27, 2014 01:45

bmuseed

Yes and yes, it is in the 1969 edition.

Indeed - it's to see on the Book Cover from a newer Edition as well.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 27, 2014 04:54

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Irix

How is this one controversial? Is it because he had to redo his illustration? I personally like this one-It looks like it could have/has been used for a pin...Plus it just look unique.

It's not. Only that moron Ernie Cefalu thinks it is. Everyone else knows better. "Very first" design... by the moron, not the 'very first'... ever.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1581
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home