Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...158159160161162163164165166167168Next
Current Page: 164 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: March 30, 2015 23:51

Hmm, Massey Hall in Toronto eh?

Now that is a show that would be to die for! I've visited Toronto many times over the years, great city!

Perhaps these would be 'Sticky Fingers' shows? Toronto and the Stones go back a long way, what with them rehearsing there many times over the previous couple of decades.

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Date: March 31, 2015 00:05

"Keep an eye on RollingStones.com tomorrow morning, news is coming…!"

[twitter.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-31 00:06 by BeastOfBurdenGermany.

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: March 31, 2015 00:11

Well, there you go. That's the official announcement of the announcement.
I expect most of the tour is set, with some gaps still to be filled in. I also think the pre-sales will start in a few days, and be staggered by show date. Obviously San Diego & LA will go on sale first.

Date: March 31, 2015 00:17

The club show(s)?

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: March 31, 2015 00:44

Well a club show usually is unannounced, last minute, like on last US tour. If they announce an LA date tomorrow, its not a club show. It's a larger venue that will sell tickets ahead of time, as will happen with Petco Park in San Diego. I would guess LA will be The Forum, Hollywood Bowl or Nokia theater downtown. It will be a dress rehearsal like U2 did before their last tour, or a "special" filmed show, where maybe they do Sticky Fingers. I wouldn't put it past them to do an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel, as many bands use that as pre-tour publicity. See Van Halen on there tonight!

Re: New info about the tour: TORONTO | Small gigs
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 31, 2015 01:05

Dreamer
EddieByword
Dreamer
More info very soon...

New info about the tour: TORONTO | Small gigs

More info very soon..

confused smiley ....... it's a nothing thread, a bit like a typical advert, suck 'you' in and give you nothing.....

Why didn't you just wait until you have the info ready tp post?....I'm not surprised it got trashed...

He's obviously confident about his info threads but not so much yours..

BV's email box......have you heard about these Toronto shows bv? when? how? where? why? ..............and on and on..........delete, delete, delete.........

I was opening a thread for Cocaine Eyes since her previous thread with info about the gig disappeared. If you have a problem with unofficial news and rumours about the RS maybe you should try visiting other forums and sites?

I don't have a problem when there is some news (unofficial or otherwise), my point was yours didn't have any despite the promise of the thread title.....

News or no, bv apparently, did have a problem with it, is why he relegated it.....it was just a pointless agitating thread......doh.......maybe he should visit another forum..........winking smiley

As for me visiting others forums, I shall continue to visit whichever forums I choose without your guidance, thanks..........

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-31 09:34 by EddieByword.

Date: March 31, 2015 01:17

Gfmsoccer
Well a club show usually is unannounced, last minute, like on last US tour. If they announce an LA date tomorrow, its not a club show. It's a larger venue that will sell tickets ahead of time, as will happen with Petco Park in San Diego. I would guess LA will be The Forum, Hollywood Bowl or Nokia theater downtown. It will be a dress rehearsal like U2 did before their last tour, or a "special" filmed show, where maybe they do Sticky Fingers. I wouldn't put it past them to do an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel, as many bands use that as pre-tour publicity. See Van Halen on there tonight!

Supposedly, the only LA shows are the club shows!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 31, 2015 01:53

with Q104.3's Jim Kerr

Mick Jagger and Keith Richards join me tomorrow morning (Tues) at 8:30 for a very big Stones announcement!! Then tomorrow night at 7pm (local time), tune in for a special iHeartRadio Icons show featuring Mick and Keith. You can hear it locally on Q1043 or on iHeartRadio stations nationwide.

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 31, 2015 02:07

bye bye johnny

with Q104.3's Jim Kerr

Mick Jagger and Keith Richards join me tomorrow morning (Tues) at 8:30 for a very big Stones announcement!! Then tomorrow night at 7pm (local time), tune in for a special iHeartRadio Icons show featuring Mick and Keith. You can hear it locally on Q1043 or on iHeartRadio stations nationwide.

[www.facebook.com]

Is that Joe Walsh with Mick eye rolling smiley

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: March 31, 2015 02:27

Mojoryder
Wilco has just cancelled an upcoming date in Indiana as part of the ever growing boycott of the state due to its discriminatory "Religious Freedom Restoration Act" ... an absurd law aimed at blatant discrimination of the LGBT community. This rumoured July 4 date that has The Stones playing at the Indianapolis Speedway is a great opportunity for them to stand up and say "Well, we WERE going to be playing Indy, BUT .... " sorry fans in Indiana, that law just sucks.

So glad I don't live in Indiana. Agreed, that law sucks.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: March 31, 2015 02:32

8:30AM TUESDAY MORNING NOW!

in Japan...smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 31, 2015 02:38

Cocaine Eyes
Dreamer
More info very soon...

See what I mean? At least your attempt was merged with the 9 million pages; mine was totally deleted.

I have INFO about Massey Hall - how to get "tickets" etc. But really, this is BV's site and he's going to delete/merge info so it's unfindable.

Let's just hope BV has Massey Hall info and is kind enough to pass it on..... he surely does NOT have the info right at this moment. Too bad really....confused smiley

CE smoking smiley

Stones at Massey Hall is my dream gig. Hope you're right - and ticket info would be much appreciated. (Stay off Charles if you hate potholes.)

Posted by: jabhead ()
Date: March 31, 2015 02:44

Did you listen to their last album? Not that I think Sweet Neo Con is a great song but I wouldn't call it apolitical LOL

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: March 31, 2015 02:44

I imagine a venue like Massey Hall would be available on a lottery basis or exclusive access to tickets. The sound would be exceptional for a recording/DVD. Let's hope Toronto is included on the tour!

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: March 31, 2015 02:55

PalaisRoyale
I imagine a venue like Massey Hall would be available on a lottery basis or exclusive access to tickets. The sound would be exceptional for a recording/DVD. Let's hope Toronto is included on the tour!

Palais are you planning on going to any/all shows? I'm from Toronto and looking to make some connections on travel plans. You can reach me at bengigan@hotmail.com

Cheers

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 31, 2015 02:59

jabhead
Did you listen to their last album? Not that I think Sweet Neo Con is a great song but I wouldn't call it apolitical LOL

Good point.. and I knew there would be examples..I could provide a few as well-
But.. I wasn't really referring to songs or lyrics so much as actions and protests et al. Even their lyrics when political are done so more in a general sense.. like Sweet Neo Con.

Perhaps splitting hairs, but i don't think so.. they are above the political fray here in the states at least, and I admire that..

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: March 31, 2015 03:04

I wonder if rollingstones.com will have the dates up as Mick & Keith are 'announcing' them at 8:30, or if they'll stagger it a bit?

Posted by: jabhead ()
Date: March 31, 2015 03:10

MisterDDDD
jabhead

Good point.. and I knew there would be examples..I could provide a few as well-
But.. I wasn't really referring to songs or lyrics so much as actions and protests et al. Even their lyrics when political are done so more in a general sense.. like Sweet Neo Con.

Perhaps splitting hairs, but i don't think so.. they are above the political fray here in the states at least, and I admire that..

Agreed.

They would be punishing their fans and I'm sure there are a lot of Stones fans in Indy that aren't supportive of the law in question.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-31 03:10 by jabhead.

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: March 31, 2015 03:36

To anyone interested in seeing a calendar version of the whole tour see HERE

I will be updating constantly, so you can always come back to this post and view a read-only version of my excel doc.

Posted by: sway76 ()
Date: March 31, 2015 03:39

1 out of maybe 25 posts have any real meaning-so glad the real facts are 12 hours away-thank god for that

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: March 31, 2015 03:59

Mojoryder
Wilco has just cancelled an upcoming date in Indiana as part of the ever growing boycott of the state due to its discriminatory "Religious Freedom Restoration Act" ... an absurd law aimed at blatant discrimination of the LGBT community. This rumoured July 4 date that has The Stones playing at the Indianapolis Speedway is a great opportunity for them to stand up and say "Well, we WERE going to be playing Indy, BUT .... " sorry fans in Indiana, that law just sucks.

I am personally a very tolerant person who hires folks of a variety of genders and sexual orientation, but the law is not that ridiculous. I think it's stupid that a wedding photographer was sued by a gay couple for refusing the photograph their wedding. Same for the cake baker. You should have the right to object to my Christian wedding and not do my cake. Your choice. I'll take my business elsewhere, not sue you.

The Stones won't cancel their gig due to a stupid state law. They played China where there are far more insane laws against personal freedoms and free speech than in INDIANA.

Good grief people. Get a grip. No one is stopping you from expressing your sexuality. They are just stopping you from suing someone who disagrees with you.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 31, 2015 04:19

No one is going to change their opinion on this one, I don't believe.

This controversy won't likely stop the band, in any case.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: March 31, 2015 04:28

9:30 a.m. Monday morning here in Singapore. Have got a long wait sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-31 04:29 by StonedAsia.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 31, 2015 04:39

StonedAsia
9:30 a.m. Monday morning here in Singapore. Have got a long wait sad smiley

Are you sure? Because your post date says March 31st, which is Tuesday in Asia now.

Posted by: rltsurf ()
Date: March 31, 2015 05:03

This protest about a law that mirrors the same federal law that Clinton signed back in 1994 is "hands up Don't shoot" mob shouting all over again. His hands were not up - now the lgbt folks are marching over made up hokum framing this law as something it is not.

Hands Up Don't shoot never happened

Posted by: tweedamp3 ()
Date: March 31, 2015 05:08

I promise to all of you we do not like the new law in Indiana and are doing what we can to overturn it. Today Connecticut and Washington State governors have signed executive orders stopping there states from state funded travel to Indiana. Today a letter was delivered to gov. Pence asking for the repeal of the law, it was signed by the CEO's of 9 Indiana based companies such as Anthem Insurance, Angie's List, Indiana University Health, Dow Agro Sciences and Eli Lilly (largest employer).

The mayor of Indianapolis has denounced the new law.

Apple, Walmart and yelp CEO's have expressed great concern.

Duke University playing in the final four this weekend has denounced the bill.

Yes the Stones could boycott, but there are a lot of us who do not agree with this new law.

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: March 31, 2015 05:23

"Hey, hey people, sisters, brothers and sisters, brothers and sisters, come-on now! That means everybody just cool out!"

Posted by: rltsurf ()
Date: March 31, 2015 05:23

Tell a lie loud enough and shout long enough those with weak minds believe anything like informed attributes - maybe social bullies is a term you would understand

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 31, 2015 05:24

Re: Should The Stones bypass Indiana ?
Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 30, 2015 19:14

Forget it. The tour is not political. IORR is not political. Please take your political discussions elsewhere.

Bjornulf

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: March 31, 2015 05:25

MisterDDDD
Re: Should The Stones bypass Indiana ?
Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 30, 2015 19:14

Forget it. The tour is not political. IORR is not political. Please take your political discussions elsewhere.

Bjornulf

"Everybody be cool now, c'mon. All right? How are we doing over there? All right?"

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...158159160161162163164165166167168Next
Current Page: 164 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1873
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home