Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...156157158159160161162163164165166...LastNext
Current Page: 161 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: March 30, 2015 16:04

Mick and Keith in NY together
Mick and Keith mixing re-release of SF together
Mick and Keith doing a radio show together tomorrow to announce your

Mick and Keith together, really?!

Date: March 30, 2015 16:29

MizzAmandaJonez

THE GLIMMER TWINS!!!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 30, 2015 16:32

MizzAmandaJonez

Mick and Keith
sitting in a tree,
K-I-S-S-I-N-G.
First comes love,
then comes marriage,
then comes baby
in a baby carriage.

That's not all!
That's not all!
Here comes the baby drinking alcohol!

Sorry all, I counldn't resist...yes, it seems they are together in NYC. Happy news indeed. smiling smiley

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 30, 2015 16:53

oldschool
Rokyfan
alhavu1
DREAMTIME
you guys are obviously not new yorkers. if people can't move you can't have magic no matter how good the band is performing. the old garden was the last one left with older design. brooklyn gives some areas of movement. if they had general admission on the floor then you can have magic. that's the ONLY solution for rock concerts in an arena.

Wrong. I was in the garden Saturday night what the heck are you talking about?
He's talking about how in the old garden you could freely move around the arena -- unlike most arenas -- and how that helped to create a 'smaller" feeling to the building. If you had a seat in the back, you could walk around the circumference of the arena and see a few songs from up close, for example. I guess that's no longer true?

And if the glimmer twins are going to be on the radio at 8:30 am, then it's taped, right?

This theory that you have to be able to move around to have a cool vibe or have atmosphere depends on the person. Dream believes the remodeled Garden lost it's special vibe and he is entitled to his opinion while others ,like myself, still love the Garden and the changes don't ruin the atmosphere for us.

I have no issue with Dream's opinion except he is stating it like it is a fact which it is not. too each his own.

The Garden is the same from the outside and on the first tier. The difference is that it has been remodeled to accommodate corporate interest. There are luxury boxes that separate the 1st tier from the second, meaning cheaper seats are considerably higher up than they used to be. It's a modern arena build out. Whether you care depends on whether you can afford seats on the floor or in the first tier.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: March 30, 2015 17:00

jumpontopofmebaby
MizzAmandaJonez

THE GLIMMER TWINS!!!

It is hysterical that the big announcement today is that Mick and Keith have a big announcement tomorrow morning! I guess the rest of the world doesn't know that a tour is about to happen. The Glimmer Twins together again is a good thing though!!

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: March 30, 2015 17:27

6s7s9s
Go to the website...www.q1043.com and click on the red "listen live" tab.

They're playing a Pink Floyd song now.

never mind...it'll be over shortly

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: March 30, 2015 17:37

exhpart
6s7s9s
Go to the website...www.q1043.com and click on the red "listen live" tab.

They're playing a Pink Floyd song now.

never mind...it'll be over shortly

It does not work on my computer.
[pylon.iheart.com]
You need to have an american itunes account for iPad or phone
So I trust on IORR tomorrow.

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: March 30, 2015 18:05

Rokyfan
alhavu1
DREAMTIME
you guys are obviously not new yorkers. if people can't move you can't have magic no matter how good the band is performing. the old garden was the last one left with older design. brooklyn gives some areas of movement. if they had general admission on the floor then you can have magic. that's the ONLY solution for rock concerts in an arena.

He's talking about how in the old garden you could freely move around the arena -- unlike most arenas -- and how that helped to create a 'smaller" feeling to the building. If you had a seat in the back, you could walk around the circumference of the arena and see a few songs from up close, for example. I guess that's no longer true?

And if the glimmer twins are going to be on the radio at 8:30 am, then it's taped, right?

Not really. I had seats in the 200 section and it was easy -- on this past Saturday - to go down to the 100 section

Posted by: Peterh ()
Date: March 30, 2015 18:10

QUOTE @NIEK 'Not possibele in Dutch Appstore. angry smiley'

Have you tried the "TuneIn" app? I use it to listen to very small local Dutch radio stations, like Radio Roulette in Utrecht. I don't know if this Q103.whatever is on there, but they have a LOT. App is free so maybe worth to give it a try.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-30 18:12 by Peterh.

tomorrow
Posted by: wellalright ()
Date: March 30, 2015 17:15

From DJ Jim Kerr in NYC

"Mick Jagger and Keith Richards join me tomorrow morning (Tues) at 8:30 for a very big Stones announcement!! Then tomorrow night at 7pm (local time), tune in for a special iHeartRadio Icons show featuring Mick and Keith. You can hear it locally on Q1043 or on iHeartRadio stations nationwide."

Re: tomorrow
Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: March 30, 2015 17:18

smileys with beer

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 30, 2015 17:19

US tour dates. Hooray.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 30, 2015 17:19

OMG I CAN'T WAIT smoking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 30, 2015 17:20

Koen
OMG I CAN'T WAIT smoking smiley

That's what I was going to post!

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 30, 2015 17:21

that's mighty early for Keith to be up..

Posted by: Philippec74 ()
Date: March 30, 2015 17:36

Why are you so excited when BV has given 90% of the details about the coming tour? smiling smileysmiling smiley

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 30, 2015 17:38

Toronto's Q107 will make an announcement tomorrow - IF there is anything to announce! hot smiley (Just spoke to Q107, so.......). hot smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 30, 2015 18:04

Cocaine Eyes
Toronto's Q107 will make an announcement tomorrow - IF there is anything to announce! hot smiley (Just spoke to Q107, so.......). hot smiley

From all the radio stations that will be making an announcement tomorrow, Q107 was the only one I could listen live via website (iHeartRadio is not available here). Do you know at what time this announcement on Q107 will it be, CE?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 30, 2015 18:14

wellalright
Then tomorrow night at 7pm (local time), tune in for a special iHeartRadio Icons show featuring Mick and Keith.

Thanks hadn't seen that second program mentioned before. For those of us not in the US I posted the apk for the Android app in the 2015 thread, will link it here later.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 30, 2015 18:20

If the announcement is happening via radio, won't the announcement pretty quickly be up on Twitter, Facebook, Website, etc.? I live in Canada, so I can't listen to iheartradio.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 30, 2015 18:55

alhavu1
Rokyfan
alhavu1
DREAMTIME

Not really. I had seats in the 200 section and it was easy -- on this past Saturday - to go down to the 100 section

I said ÿou could "walk around the circumference of the arena" not down from 200 to 100. You could walk from the back 200s to the front 200s, from the back 300s to the front 300s. That is the "movement" that has changed, no?

Date: March 30, 2015 18:58

Philippec74
Why are you so excited when BV has given 90% of the details about the coming tour? smiling smileysmiling smiley

Yes, Jim Kerr has taped an interview in which Mick and keith will confirm the info that BV has provided here. It is exciting to know when you can get tickets though, that will be new info.

Date: March 30, 2015 19:02

duke richardson
that's mighty early for Keith to be up..

I will be. So he will stay up all night

Date: March 30, 2015 19:03

Rokyfan
alhavu1
Rokyfan
alhavu1
DREAMTIME

I said ÿou could "walk around the circumference of the arena" not down from 200 to 100. You could walk from the back 200s to the front 200s, from the back 300s to the front 300s. That is the "movement" that has changed, no?

Again. Wrong. I did it Saturday night

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: March 30, 2015 19:12

Am I the only one who is NOT waking up at 8:30am to hear the announcement? I'll just logon here whenever I get a minute, find out the day/time tickets go on sale, and put it on my calendar!

Unless there is a surprise performance, I'll watch the replay later on!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 30, 2015 19:15

flacnvinyl
Am I the only one who is NOT waking up at 8:30am to hear the announcement? I'll just logon here whenever I get a minute, find out the day/time tickets go on sale, and put it on my calendar!

Unless there is a surprise performance, I'll watch the replay later on!

No you aren't the only one.

I'm on the west coast, and I'll be tuning in @5:30.winking smiley

Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: March 30, 2015 19:19

wellalright
From DJ Jim Kerr in NYC

"Mick Jagger and Keith Richards join me tomorrow morning (Tues) at 8:30 for a very big Stones announcement!! Then tomorrow night at 7pm (local time), tune in for a special iHeartRadio Icons show featuring Mick and Keith. You can hear it locally on Q1043 or on iHeartRadio stations nationwide."

That clears it up some. I am sure the interview is already in the can. They will play part of it at 8:30 AM and all of it at 7 PM. I could not figure out why M&K would get to a radio station at 8 AM to do the announcement. The 8:30 will get the press going and the 7 PM will be the details.

Just my opinion. See you in Buffalo.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 30, 2015 19:28

The Rolling Stones have been taping interviews in NYC during the past week. These will be aired tomorrow morning at 8:30am EST, and on through the day at various media across the market in North America. Building up for a fast sale of nearly one millon tickets soon.

Bjornulf

Date: March 30, 2015 19:37

alhavu1

Again. Wrong. I did it Saturday night
OK I believe you. I haven't been there in awhile and that was always something relatively unique about the Garden, where you could walk around and meet people all over the arena, as opposed to arenas where if you are in, say sec. 206, you go into or out of that section and that's it.

Posted by: GPerel ()
Date: March 30, 2015 19:42

bv
The Rolling Stones have been taping interviews in NYC during the past week. These will be aired tomorrow morning at 8:30am EST, and on through the day at various media across the market in North America. Building up for a fast sale of nearly one millon tickets soon.

Thanks bv. What do you think of the dates listed on "The Festival Forecaster" ?

[thefestivalforecaster.blogspot.com.au]

They say Ford Field on the 9th, for Detroit. Is it a possibility or is your list still the "best" ? I know that we just have to wait for tomorrow but it's difficult for most of us, I think...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...156157158159160161162163164165166...LastNext
Current Page: 161 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1881
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home