Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...155156157158159160161162163164165...LastNext
Current Page: 160 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 30, 2015 02:05

oldschool
Keefy
oldschool
Keefy
I will say this, the guy next to me,got kicked out of MSG for smoking weed at Clapton,Winwood, a few years back.. That's just wrong...thumbs down

It is illegal to smoke in public venues here in the U.S. so why would that surprise you?
I thought you were old school? It's only rock n roll but I like it....smoking smiley

I didn't say it was right just that it does not surprise me. If it was up to me smoking weed would be legal but not ciggy's at concerts. smoking smiley

One of my many Garden Stones memories is Keith, in between songs, taking a long drag off a cigarette, holding it in,looking up at the roof, and blowing a huge puff of smoke that hovered like a cloud over the stage as they went into the next number.

Posted by: triplelicks ()
Date: March 30, 2015 02:11

Re: tour announcement from NYC which may not be a tour stop - I'd assume the broadcast will be played on many rock stations, and Mick and Keith may or may not be present. Could be recorded or phone conversations. It's a tour of many areas in U.S., so as long as the announcement seems to originate here, it fits with the upcoming tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-30 02:14 by triplelicks.

Date: March 30, 2015 02:38

Remember, most radio station in the US are part of a network...so the announcment will be done and done. Are there any rock stations left in the US? I havn't listened to radio in 10 years since I got my Sirius radio.

I wonder if students will get a first crack at tickets for the University shows? They did in 2006 with presale passwords usually being the school mascots and such. That is how I scored my tkts for CHO...i hope the same will be this tour with raleigh...GO WOLFPACK!!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 30, 2015 02:41

bv
tomcasagranda
A point of concern: Sticky Fingers deluxe - Is it in developmental Hell ? I just think it won't be issues this year, or maybe I'm not looking on the bright side.

It will be out soon, and the May thing will be a major part of it of course. But, we are talking about a masterpiece, you don't rush it. In fact you will love it, all it takes is the patience. After 44 years, it is worth the wait.

As long as it gets press this week with a release date I'll be happy!!

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: March 30, 2015 03:59

MSG, new or old, carries a vibe that to me is as unique as it gets. Capital letters and bold type cant change that...credibility from that direction is zero. Is there an IGNORE button?

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: March 30, 2015 04:01

Festivalforecaster just updated their predictions.

They say theatre shows & festivals to be announced later in April.

Maybe Santa Clara on June 24th & Seattle on the 26th, or vice versa.

[thefestivalforecaster.blogspot.com.au]

Date: March 30, 2015 04:27

FF still has Orlandos date as the 12TH
wasnt the speculation changed to the 13th?

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 30, 2015 04:36

massmick
FF still has Orlandos date as the 12TH
wasnt the speculation changed to the 13th?

I'm with you on that - I prefer the 13th which is Saturday. I may instead go to Raleigh, which is during the vacation week of July 4th

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: March 30, 2015 05:33

Everything seems to be ready, is everybody ready? Were sorry for the delay.....

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 30, 2015 05:35

mosthigh
Festivalforecaster just updated their predictions.

They say theatre shows & festivals to be announced later in April.

Maybe Santa Clara on June 24th & Seattle on the 26th, or vice versa.

[thefestivalforecaster.blogspot.com.au]

No, it says July, not June for Levi's/Seattle: and maybe 7/24, 26 Levi's Stadium, Santa Clara, CA (or O.co Coliseum, Oakland, CA) and/or CenturyLink Field, Seattle, WA?

plexi

Date: March 30, 2015 05:52

thats after Canada...how many stages do they have?
might they have at least one that stays on each of the mississippi?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 30, 2015 06:42

triplelicks
Re: tour announcement from NYC which may not be a tour stop - I'd assume the broadcast will be played on many rock stations, and Mick and Keith may or may not be present. Could be recorded or phone conversations. It's a tour of many areas in U.S., so as long as the announcement seems to originate here, it fits with the upcoming tour.

So NYC may be a tour stop and Mick and Keith may be present ie live for the radio announcement.

Re: Indianapolis Press Conference
Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: March 30, 2015 07:12

DeanGoodman
indystone
Indianapolis Motor Speedway has just announced a press conference for Tue. morning March 31, regarding a special event this summer at I.M.S.!

I hope this show doesn't become a political hot potato if a boycott Indiana campaign gathers momentum in the next few months.

Yes, I am planning to drive from Chicago but now feeling guilty about it!

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 30, 2015 07:28

GasLightStreet
triplelicks

So NYC may be a tour stop and Mick and Keith may be present ie live for the radio announcement.
at 8:30 am ???

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 30, 2015 07:39

little queenie
DeanGoodman
indystone
Indianapolis Motor Speedway has just announced a press conference for Tue. morning March 31, regarding a special event this summer at I.M.S.!

I hope this show doesn't become a political hot potato if a boycott Indiana campaign gathers momentum in the next few months.

Hey Little Queenie, I was just thinking about you last week with all the excitement for the tour here. Hope you're doing well, I don't jump in as much lately but miss your insights. Is Buffalo on your tour stop?

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 30, 2015 07:40

little queenie
DeanGoodman
indystone

Well they went ahead and played Israel last year after the issue about an apartheid state, so what's to stop them from playing Indiana?

plexi

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 30, 2015 07:49

timbernardis
Well they went ahead and played Israel last year after the issue about an apartheid state, so what's to stop them from playing Indiana?

plexi

As much as I'd like to think the Stones personally care about such issues I believe they, as a band, try to distance themselves from them in the spirit of "it's only rock and roll". Of course I could see a bit of concern if 40,000 or so fans decided not to show up. But in the end, they'd get paid the same and the promoter would take the hit.

peace

Posted by: eyesoftheworld ()
Date: March 30, 2015 07:54

I am very excited but slightly bummed the theatre shows may not be announced Tuesday.

I'll just be happy to see them again...
Making firm plans can finally commence winking smiley

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 30, 2015 08:24

Hey, LQ, no problem going to Milwaukee?

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 30, 2015 11:41

Niek
sarahunwin
If you download the iheartradio app to your smartphone or tablet, you can listen to 104.3. I do that to get the NY Radio stations.

thanks! Just did that

Not possibele in Dutch Appstore.angry smiley

Here's the iHeartRadio android app [mega.co.nz] - the stream works fine in Europe.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: March 30, 2015 11:53

gotdablouse
Niek
sarahunwin
If you download the iheartradio app to your smartphone or tablet, you can listen to 104.3. I do that to get the NY Radio stations.

thanks! Just did that

Not possibele in Dutch Appstore.angry smiley
Here's the iHeartRadio android app [mega.co.nz] - the stream works fine in Europe.

It is a link to cloudstorage confused smiley

This is what is says: Install the free MEGA app to access this file from your mobile
Free 50 GB - End-to-end encryption

but thanks for trying to help.
Maybe it's because I have an Apple device?
Tried the website on laptop but there I can't stream either!
Someone have another idea?

(Always took candy from strangers)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-30 12:07 by Niek.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 30, 2015 12:46

Yeah it's the apk (install file) for the Android version of the iHeartradio app.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: March 30, 2015 14:12

Sorry if this has been brought up already and I missed it, but is there any indication that the Stones will have supporting acts with them on this tour, or will it be the same as the 2013 US dates? The other thing I'm curious about is whether they will whittle down the set-list on the upcoming American dates to something like 19 tunes via the 2014 shows?

Re: Mick and Keith to announce tour on NYC radio Monday morning!
Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: March 30, 2015 15:20

DREAMTIME
oldschool
Roscoe
DREAMTIME
oldschool
Please announce some MSG shows to close the tour. Saw them there for my first Stones show in 75 and living an hour from NYC growing up I saw so many good concerts there. Jethro Tull/Roxy Music, Sly and the Family Stone, ELP, Yes, Queen/ Thin Lizzy etc.....

It is my all time favorite Arena sized venue to see a concert. Amzing vibes and atmosphere IMHO.

It is NOT the same Garden anymore. They took away the rings that allowed people to move around and create magic. They built 2 levels of corporate suites at a lower level pushing the cheaper seats further into the thin air of steel vibration, oh yeah, their is a new bridge on even a higher level with bar stools that look straight down at the ants below. The Garden is OVER! Just like The Beacon when the same family took over that theater and ruined it big time!

Even so, MSG would still be a far far better choice than another stadium show, especially better than the abortion that is Metlife Stadium.

Despite the changes to the venue the Stones have always owned MSG and their shows are not just a concert but an event to be celebrated. Even with the "improvements" the atmosphere in that arena is unlike any I have experienced anywhere else and I have gone to arena shows in many states.

I understand what DREAM is saying as it sucks when they muck with your memories. I had the same reaction when they tore down the old Yankees Stadium to build the new baseball palace in the Bronx as I grew up going to see the Yankees in that old ballpark.

But I for one will do whatever I have to to get floor seats to see the boys should they play MSG again. it is the only place I am willing to overpay to see the Stones these days. <shrugs>

The Stones do not 'own' MSG. That goes to Billy Joel & Elton John and soon U2. Brooklyn is the NEW arena. I still expect them to perform at Forest Hills but those shows will not be announced with the rest of the tour dates.

Wrong.The Stones Own the Garden. That is their home

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: March 30, 2015 15:21

DREAMTIME
you guys are obviously not new yorkers. if people can't move you can't have magic no matter how good the band is performing. the old garden was the last one left with older design. brooklyn gives some areas of movement. if they had general admission on the floor then you can have magic. that's the ONLY solution for rock concerts in an arena.

Wrong. I was in the garden Saturday night what the heck are you talking about?

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: March 30, 2015 15:21

Go to the website...www.q1043.com and click on the red "listen live" tab.

They're playing a Pink Floyd song now.

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: March 30, 2015 15:25

He just said Mick and Keith will join him TOMORROW (Tuesday) at 830 (eastern time in US) for a special announcement.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 30, 2015 15:37

alhavu1
DREAMTIME
you guys are obviously not new yorkers. if people can't move you can't have magic no matter how good the band is performing. the old garden was the last one left with older design. brooklyn gives some areas of movement. if they had general admission on the floor then you can have magic. that's the ONLY solution for rock concerts in an arena.

He's talking about how in the old garden you could freely move around the arena -- unlike most arenas -- and how that helped to create a 'smaller" feeling to the building. If you had a seat in the back, you could walk around the circumference of the arena and see a few songs from up close, for example. I guess that's no longer true?

And if the glimmer twins are going to be on the radio at 8:30 am, then it's taped, right?

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 30, 2015 15:45

Since we are killing time waiting for the announcement, my only experience at the MSG was in 2003. No general admission at the time, and VERY hard to move around.

I had nosebleeds, but was able to sneak into the floor area while Ryan Adams was playing to an empty arena. Eventually I was kicked out, and every time that I tried to get closer I got caught.

It i didn't help that I was dressed all in white and I was carrying an inflated Stones yellow airship under my arm ...

C

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: March 30, 2015 15:51

Rokyfan
alhavu1
DREAMTIME

He's talking about how in the old garden you could freely move around the arena -- unlike most arenas -- and how that helped to create a 'smaller" feeling to the building. If you had a seat in the back, you could walk around the circumference of the arena and see a few songs from up close, for example. I guess that's no longer true?

And if the glimmer twins are going to be on the radio at 8:30 am, then it's taped, right?

This theory that you have to be able to move around to have a cool vibe or have atmosphere depends on the person. Dream believes the remodeled Garden lost it's special vibe and he is entitled to his opinion while others ,like myself, still love the Garden and the changes don't ruin the atmosphere for us.

I have no issue with Dream's opinion except he is stating it like it is a fact which it is not. too each his own.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...155156157158159160161162163164165...LastNext
Current Page: 160 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1948
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home