Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...154155156157158159160161162163164...LastNext
Current Page: 159 of 168
Re: Mick and Keith to announce tour on NYC radio Monday morning!
Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 29, 2015 20:36

jlowe
71Tele
I hope Jim Kerr will ask them why the fvck Mick Taylor won't be on this tour, as that is the only possible bit of information to be gleaned from this announcement that could interest me. More Vegas hits. One more trip to the bank. Zzzzzzz...

The questions will be agreed in advance. No chance of any off the cup comments.
PR and marketing event thats all.

If keith is there there's always the chance of an "off the cup" comment.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 29, 2015 20:56

Rokyfan
jlowe
71Tele
I hope Jim Kerr will ask them why the fvck Mick Taylor won't be on this tour, as that is the only possible bit of information to be gleaned from this announcement that could interest me. More Vegas hits. One more trip to the bank. Zzzzzzz...

To wit:

Edit: Sorry, embed disabled. Still, some funny moments so worth the extra click, I think.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-29 20:57 by bleedingman.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: March 29, 2015 21:22

Rokyfan
jlowe
71Tele

That could depend on what is in Keef's "cup" at the news conference. If it is Vodka and OJ you could get a gem or two from him.smileys with beer

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: March 29, 2015 21:52

DREAMTIME
oldschool
Please announce some MSG shows to close the tour. Saw them there for my first Stones show in 75 and living an hour from NYC growing up I saw so many good concerts there. Jethro Tull/Roxy Music, Sly and the Family Stone, ELP, Yes, Queen/ Thin Lizzy etc.....

It is my all time favorite Arena sized venue to see a concert. Amzing vibes and atmosphere IMHO.

It is NOT the same Garden anymore. They took away the rings that allowed people to move around and create magic. They built 2 levels of corporate suites at a lower level pushing the cheaper seats further into the thin air of steel vibration, oh yeah, their is a new bridge on even a higher level with bar stools that look straight down at the ants below. The Garden is OVER! Just like The Beacon when the same family took over that theater and ruined it big time!

Even so, MSG would still be a far far better choice than another stadium show, especially better than the abortion that is Metlife Stadium.

Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 29, 2015 21:55

The "14 On Fire" tour visited 19 countries. I think they have a similar target for this tour, to maximize the number of states and/or areas visited. Right now the tour will visit approx 16 states/areas in USA & Canada.

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-29 22:25 by bv.

Date: March 29, 2015 22:05

Roscoe
DREAMTIME
oldschool
Please announce some MSG shows to close the tour. Saw them there for my first Stones show in 75 and living an hour from NYC growing up I saw so many good concerts there. Jethro Tull/Roxy Music, Sly and the Family Stone, ELP, Yes, Queen/ Thin Lizzy etc.....

It is my all time favorite Arena sized venue to see a concert. Amzing vibes and atmosphere IMHO.

It is NOT the same Garden anymore. They took away the rings that allowed people to move around and create magic. They built 2 levels of corporate suites at a lower level pushing the cheaper seats further into the thin air of steel vibration, oh yeah, their is a new bridge on even a higher level with bar stools that look straight down at the ants below. The Garden is OVER! Just like The Beacon when the same family took over that theater and ruined it big time!

Even so, MSG would still be a far far better choice than another stadium show, especially better than the abortion that is Metlife Stadium.

Despite the changes to the venue the Stones have always owned MSG and their shows are not just a concert but an event to be celebrated. Even with the "improvements" the atmosphere in that arena is unlike any I have experienced anywhere else and I have gone to arena shows in many states.

I understand what DREAM is saying as it sucks when they muck with your memories. I had the same reaction when they tore down the old Yankees Stadium to build the new baseball palace in the Bronx as I grew up going to see the Yankees in that old ballpark.

But I for one will do whatever I have to to get floor seats to see the boys should they play MSG again. it is the only place I am willing to overpay to see the Stones these days. <shrugs>

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 29, 2015 22:28

oldschool
Rokyfan
jlowe
71Tele

That could depend on what is in Keef's "cup" at the news conference. If it is Vodka and OJ you could get a gem or two from him.smileys with beer

Gems perhaps, but probably not to be taken too seriously.

Posted by: argentina92 ()
Date: March 29, 2015 22:49

What about Seattle, Denver, or Salt lake city ? .. anyone knows something more ?

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: March 29, 2015 22:54

wait til Tues Argentina92

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 29, 2015 23:04

oldschool
Roscoe
DREAMTIME
oldschool

Despite the changes to the venue the Stones have always owned MSG and their shows are not just a concert but an event to be celebrated. Even with the "improvements" the atmosphere in that arena is unlike any I have experienced anywhere else and I have gone to arena shows in many states.

I understand what DREAM is saying as it sucks when they muck with your memories. I had the same reaction when they tore down the old Yankees Stadium to build the new baseball palace in the Bronx as I grew up going to see the Yankees in that old ballpark.

But I for one will do whatever I have to to get floor seats to see the boys should they play MSG again. it is the only place I am willing to overpay to see the Stones these days. <shrugs>

The Stones do not 'own' MSG. That goes to Billy Joel & Elton John and soon U2. Brooklyn is the NEW arena. I still expect them to perform at Forest Hills but those shows will not be announced with the rest of the tour dates.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 29, 2015 23:31

argentina92
What about Seattle, Denver, or Salt lake city ? .. anyone knows something more ?

Lack of reported billboard sightings would tend to be a negative indicator.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: March 29, 2015 23:37

If you download the iheartradio app to your smartphone or tablet, you can listen to 104.3. I do that to get the NY Radio stations.

thanks! Just did that

Date: March 30, 2015 00:04

DREAMTIME
oldschool
Roscoe
DREAMTIME
oldschool

The Stones do not 'own' MSG. That goes to Billy Joel & Elton John and soon U2. Brooklyn is the NEW arena. I still expect them to perform at Forest Hills but those shows will not be announced with the rest of the tour dates.

I am not comparing them to any other artist DREAM. Their shows at MSG stand on there own. The Stones have sold out every show they played at MSG beginning with the 1969 Ya Ya shows. IMHO they could easily sell out that venue again if they were to play there this tour.

Much like Led Zep were at their best when they played L.A. IMHO the Stones were always on the to of their game when playing the Garden.

Date: March 30, 2015 00:06

Dreamtime

I am not comparing them to any other artist DREAM. Their shows at MSG stand on there own. The Stones have sold out every show they played at MSG beginning with the 1969 Ya Ya shows. IMHO they could easily sell out that venue again if they were to play there this tour.

Much like Led Zep were at their best when they played the L.A. Forum IMHO the Stones were always on the top of their game when playing the Garden.

They very well may end up playing Forest Hills, and I am sure they will be good shows, but for me there is nothing like a Stones concert at MSG. Like I said it is a NYC experience not just another concert IMHO.

You obviously don't like the remodeled Garden so we will have to agree to disagree. Too each his own. <shrugs>

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-30 00:10 by oldschool.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: March 30, 2015 00:19

oldschool
Dreamtime

Much like Led Zep were at their best when they played the L.A. Forum IMHO the Stones were always on the top of their game when playing the Garden.

They very well may end up playing Forest Hills, and I am sure they will be good shows, but for me there is nothing like a Stones concert at MSG. Like I said it is a NYC experience not just another concert IMHO.

You obviously don't like the remodeled Garden so we will have to agree to disagree. Too each his own. <shrugs>

"but for me there is nothing like a Stones concert at MSG" Me too

Date: March 30, 2015 00:28

you guys are obviously not new yorkers. if people can't move you can't have magic no matter how good the band is performing. the old garden was the last one left with older design. brooklyn gives some areas of movement. if they had general admission on the floor then you can have magic. that's the ONLY solution for rock concerts in an arena.

Date: March 30, 2015 00:54

DREAMTIME
you guys are obviously not new yorkers. if people can't move you can't have magic no matter how good the band is performing. the old garden was the last one left with older design. brooklyn gives some areas of movement. if they had general admission on the floor then you can have magic. that's the ONLY solution for rock concerts in an arena.

You should not make assumptions based on your own value system Dream.

I was born in Yonkers, moved an hour upstate when I was 7yrs old and used to take the train to NYC very often for concerts, to buy vinyl records at Discomat, go to a dozen or more Yankees games every year, go to eat in Little Italy often, or just go to hang out and people watch so I knew the city very well in my younger days.

Seeing the Stones at MSG is a magical experience for me and sounds like it is for others as well. It is more than just a concert it is an event and a NYC experience. It is the complete package, hanging out in the city, dinner at a favorite restaurant, pre and post concert drinks with other fans, and the atmosphere of the Garden itself, that makes it special.

I have seen concerts in many cities at many different types of venues and for me nothing comes close to seeing a concert at MSG. This is JMO and is a personal experience. I am sure others on this forum may feel the same about other venues they have frequented often.

If you disagree and hate the remodeled Garden that is fine, too each his own, but please don't come here and post like you're opinion is fact.

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: March 30, 2015 00:59

Ive been to MSG a few times. Saw the Stones there too. Nothing special about the building or the crowd. I've seen more enthusiastic crowds in other citys.

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: March 30, 2015 01:02

sarahunwin
If you download the iheartradio app to your smartphone or tablet, you can listen to 104.3. I do that to get the NY Radio stations.

thanks! Just did that

Not possibele in Dutch Appstore.angry smiley

(Always took candy from strangers)

Date: March 30, 2015 01:12

RockinJive
Ive been to MSG a few times. Saw the Stones there too. Nothing special about the building or the crowd. I've seen more enthusiastic crowds in other citys.

Like I said it is a personal experience. too each his own. <shrugs>

Date: March 30, 2015 01:14

The 'Atmosphere' or 'Vibe' or 'Ambience' is GONE. PERIOD.

Date: March 30, 2015 01:17

And if anybody went to the 12-12-12 show, then you know that The Stones' 2 songs they did not go over with the crowd.... that was there last garden performance...

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: March 30, 2015 01:20

DREAMTIME
And if anybody went to the 12-12-12 show, then you know that The Stones' 2 songs they did not go over with the crowd.... that was there last garden performance...

Which in large part was due to Mick's stupid, insenitive comment

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: March 30, 2015 01:23

I will say this, the guy next to me,got kicked out of MSG for smoking weed at Clapton,Winwood, a few years back.. That's just wrong...thumbs down

Date: March 30, 2015 01:27

Keefy
bye bye johnny

@RollingStones
Hell Yeah!!! ROLLING STONES 2015 USA Coming very soon!hot smileysmileys with beerhot smiley
Back to topic: ROLLING STONES ANNOUNCEMENT TUESDAY

Date: March 30, 2015 01:29

DREAMTIME
The 'Atmosphere' or 'Vibe' or 'Ambience' is GONE. PERIOD.

That is your opinion not a fact. typing in bold and using caps will not make it so. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-30 01:31 by oldschool.

Date: March 30, 2015 01:31

Keefy
I will say this, the guy next to me,got kicked out of MSG for smoking weed at Clapton,Winwood, a few years back.. That's just wrong...thumbs down

It is illegal to smoke in public venues here in the U.S. so why would that surprise you?

Date: March 30, 2015 01:38

oldschool
Keefy

It is illegal to smoke in public venues here in the U.S. so why would that surprise you?
I thought you were old school? It's only rock n roll but I like it....smoking smiley

Date: March 30, 2015 01:41

Keefy
oldschool
Keefy

I thought you were old school? It's only rock n roll but I like it....smoking smiley

I didn't say it was right just that it does not surprise me. If it was up to me smoking weed would be legal but not ciggy's at concerts. smoking smiley

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 30, 2015 02:01

how can they not be playing new York if they are announcing the tour on a new york radio station?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...154155156157158159160161162163164...LastNext
Current Page: 159 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1984
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home