Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...153154155156157158159160161162163...LastNext
Current Page: 158 of 168
Re: Mick and Keith to announce tour on NYC radio Monday morning!
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 29, 2015 08:48

Gfmsoccer
If they are on the radio Monday its not the tour announcement. That's Tuesday. They may be promoting the Tuesday event which will be on TV, radio & online. Stones just put up new billboards that say Tuesday.

Maybe they'll be talking about the Sticky Fingers Deluxe release.

peace

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 29, 2015 11:53

oldschool
Please announce some MSG shows to close the tour. Saw them there for my first Stones show in 75 and living an hour from NYC growing up I saw so many good concerts there. Jethro Tull/Roxy Music, Sly and the Family Stone, ELP, Yes, Queen/ Thin Lizzy etc.....

It is my all time favorite Arena sized venue to see a concert. Amzing vibes and atmosphere IMHO.

It is NOT the same Garden anymore. They took away the rings that allowed people to move around and create magic. They built 2 levels of corporate suites at a lower level pushing the cheaper seats further into the thin air of steel vibration, oh yeah, their is a new bridge on even a higher level with bar stools that look straight down at the ants below. The Garden is OVER! Just like The Beacon when the same family took over that theater and ruined it big time!

Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 29, 2015 12:48

Will these tickets be purchased through Ticketmaster? Maybe registering with website is a good idea. I don't want any hassles when I'm trying to make a purchase. Please advise as things may have changed since last tour. I have AMEX Card but how does that tie into the purchase?

Thanks

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: March 29, 2015 14:25

A point of concern: Sticky Fingers deluxe - Is it in developmental Hell ? I just think it won't be issues this year, or maybe I'm not looking on the bright side.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 29, 2015 14:33

tomcasagranda
A point of concern: Sticky Fingers deluxe - Is it in developmental Hell ? I just think it won't be issues this year, or maybe I'm not looking on the bright side.

It will be out soon, and the May thing will be a major part of it of course. But, we are talking about a masterpiece, you don't rush it. In fact you will love it, all it takes is the patience. After 44 years, it is worth the wait.

Bjornulf

Posted by: vintage stone ()
Date: March 29, 2015 14:45

Music News write about a Promotional Show in LA, on the 20th of May + a 2. One...

[www.music-news.com] hot smiley

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: March 29, 2015 15:07

Just a reminder... All of these stations carrying the "big announcement" are Clear Channel stations. If Clear Channel (I Heart Radio) simulcasts the announcement then everyone has the option of carrying it. This means every pre-programmed station with fake DJs who are not in the city of broadcast, will carry the feed.

Satellite radio is great BTW. Deep Tracks, Bob Dylan's show, etc.. The problem is most people who listen to radio are on FM. It still baffles me that there are people out there still listening to a classic rock station that plays the same 100 songs every day.

Posted by: JimmyTheSaint ()
Date: March 29, 2015 15:23

flacnvinyl
Just a reminder... All of these stations carrying the "big announcement" are Clear Channel stations. If Clear Channel (I Heart Radio) simulcasts the announcement then everyone has the option of carrying it. This means every pre-programmed station with fake DJs who are not in the city of broadcast, will carry the feed.

Satellite radio is great BTW. Deep Tracks, Bob Dylan's show, etc.. The problem is most people who listen to radio are on FM. It still baffles me that there are people out there still listening to a classic rock station that plays the same 100 songs every day.

Tom Petty's Buried Treasure is my personal favorite.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: March 29, 2015 15:23

Mick and Keith are mixing old outtakes from the early 70's (1970-1973 I guess) for the SF deluxe in NY, that's the word from a guy who works on Universal in Argentina.

Date: March 29, 2015 15:31

If you download the iheartradio app to your smartphone or tablet, you can listen to 104.3. I do that to get the NY Radio stations.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 29, 2015 15:59

Chris Fountain
Will these tickets be purchased through Ticketmaster? Maybe registering with website is a good idea. I don't want any hassles when I'm trying to make a purchase. Please advise as things may have changed since last tour. I have AMEX Card but how does that tie into the purchase?

Thanks

Just create an account with Ticketmaster, or whoever is selling the tickets, before they go on sale.

Usually if there is a pre-sale, it is a couple days before the general ticket sale. It will be listed on the ticket seller's site and I'm sure posted on here somewhere. If the pre-sale is done by AMEX. You purchase your tickets with your card.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 29, 2015 16:13

Thanks ! I think it will smooth the process!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 29, 2015 16:20

Gfmsoccer
My local San Diego record store (remember those?)just got a new shipment of Sticky Fingers from the record company. I wonder why?

By any chance were the records heavier than previously, like maybe they contained an extra slab of vinyl, or bundled with 2 cds, a dvd and a scarf or t shirt?

Posted by: sway76 ()
Date: March 29, 2015 16:58

the asking by the stones for your zip code has to be a way of determining where the shows might be played,the most responses should be in line for a show,thats my thought only

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 29, 2015 17:00

Listening online to the previously mentioned Q104.3 in NY - they just aired a promo saying Mick and Keith will have something important to tell us, Tuesday at 8:30AM.

[www.q1043.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 29, 2015 17:00

Out of Control, of course.. But one reason the tour announcement would have been better the originally planned 19th, is the political climate was better just ten days ago...

The Boycott Indiana movement is picking up some steam around the country.
Seattles Mayor announced a ban on any city related travel to the state on Friday.

The band is apolitical, but on more than one occasion, do touch on the politics of the city/state/province their appearing in..
Their Gov is currently trying to walk back aspects of the hate bill recently signed, but the backlash is picking up steam..

Not going to keep me from making the trip...yet, but considering honoring the boycott if it picks up more momentum.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: March 29, 2015 17:12

Through this board I'm seeing rumors of the LA show to film all of Sticky fingers in a club for possible dvd release. Why would they do the show and release it after the hoopla of the reissued album is already a long ago memory? They are currently mixing songs now for an album due in 6 weeks? To me it's just not adding up. I would not be surprised if Sticky is coming out in the autumn at this point.

Date: March 29, 2015 17:17

Not going to keep me from making the trip...yet, but considering honoring the boycott if it picks up more momentum.

Boycots are not about fasion, though the younger generations treat them as such...they are about standing up for your beliefs...and conscienly boycotting a boycot is as valid as the initial boycot.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 29, 2015 17:19

Very cool...according to Stones News, there will indeed be a Santa Clara show afterall. Awesome!! smiling smiley

Posted by: TE ()
Date: March 29, 2015 17:28

71Tele
I hope Jim Kerr will ask them why the fvck Mick Taylor won't be on this tour, as that is the only possible bit of information to be gleaned from this announcement that could interest me. More Vegas hits. One more trip to the bank. Zzzzzzz...

No need to ask. Think he quit back in the 70's. Check Wiki ;-)

TE
Oslo

Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: March 29, 2015 17:33

I like to buy my tickets from TicketMaster, because they will put the tickets in your hand and let you pay for them at the same time. I know I could get tickets a little cheaper by other means, but I do not want to worry about them being lost in the mail or with the possibility of not getting the seating I requested.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: March 29, 2015 17:35

DREAMTIME
oldschool
Please announce some MSG shows to close the tour. Saw them there for my first Stones show in 75 and living an hour from NYC growing up I saw so many good concerts there. Jethro Tull/Roxy Music, Sly and the Family Stone, ELP, Yes, Queen/ Thin Lizzy etc.....

It is my all time favorite Arena sized venue to see a concert. Amzing vibes and atmosphere IMHO.

It is NOT the same Garden anymore. They took away the rings that allowed people to move around and create magic. They built 2 levels of corporate suites at a lower level pushing the cheaper seats further into the thin air of steel vibration, oh yeah, their is a new bridge on even a higher level with bar stools that look straight down at the ants below. The Garden is OVER! Just like The Beacon when the same family took over that theater and ruined it big time!

Yes I realize they remodelled DREAM but for me it will always be the Garden unless they tear it down and build a new Arena. It is the whole NYC experience for me. Walking around the city, getting a bite to eat in Little Italy and a drink before the show with other Stones fans. Besides I plan on getting floor seats should they play there so not going to see those luxury boxes once the light go out. winking smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 29, 2015 17:35

UGot2Rollme
just heard it on FM 104.3 - Mick & Keith to be in their studio on the Jim Kerr show Monday morning 8:30 EST!!! smiling bouncing smiley (it's not on their website)

Keith's presenting the prize for "Best Collaboration" via video message on the iHeart Radio Awards this Sunday, March 29 on NBC. The show airs 8 - 11pm Eastern, 7 Central. [www.facebook.com]

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: March 29, 2015 17:50

Bashlets
Through this board I'm seeing rumors of the LA show to film all of Sticky fingers in a club for possible dvd release. Why would they do the show and release it after the hoopla of the reissued album is already a long ago memory? They are currently mixing songs now for an album due in 6 weeks? To me it's just not adding up. I would not be surprised if Sticky is coming out in the autumn at this point.

Yeah, if they are planning on filming a couple of shows then it would seem logical that it would be for the box set...

Date: March 29, 2015 17:55

stones2000
Very cool...according to Stones News, there will indeed be a Santa Clara show afterall. Awesome!! smiling smiley

They still have the old list of dates up inc Vanderbilt stadium in Nashville;

99% sure there will be no Santa Clara show this go round (hope I'm wrong tho)

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 29, 2015 18:30

stonesnews.com collects (and credits) info from various sources.

The Santa Clara 6/30 date was included in the Hits Daily Double story posted on March 27 - [hitsdailydouble.com]

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 29, 2015 18:42

Sandy Beach
Detroit-9 July

Thank you.
Thank you, kindly.

Date: March 29, 2015 18:45

bye bye johnny
stonesnews.com collects (and credits) info from various sources.

The Santa Clara 6/30 date was included in the Hits Daily Double story posted on March 27 - [hitsdailydouble.com]

Which is still the outdated list as it has the Nashville show as Vanderbilt Stadium...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 29, 2015 19:25

TE
71Tele
I hope Jim Kerr will ask them why the fvck Mick Taylor won't be on this tour, as that is the only possible bit of information to be gleaned from this announcement that could interest me. More Vegas hits. One more trip to the bank. Zzzzzzz...

No need to ask. Think he quit back in the 70's. Check Wiki ;-)

TE
Oslo

winking smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 29, 2015 19:50

71Tele

I'd be very surprised if Taylor was not on a "topics not to be discussed" list, along with "any plans for a new album ?"...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...153154155156157158159160161162163...LastNext
Current Page: 158 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1947
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home