Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...150151152153154155156157158159160...LastNext
Current Page: 155 of 168
Re: Indianapolis Press Conference
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 28, 2015 08:23

a bigger nut
Thank you, Cristiano.
So Tuesday evening in Japan.
Then I will be in a football stadium in Tokyo, but maybe check my mobile phone without watching a game.grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley

Actually, I was trying to listen to some of these radio stations and I realised that they broadcast via web only on iHeartRadio, and that is a kind of an app which allows you to listen live to some US radios, including WRDU and Rock933. Unfortunately it's not working on certain countries (I couldn't listen to it here in Brazil) and I'm not sure if it will work on Japan, but I wish you good luck. At least we have IORR. smileys with beer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-28 08:28 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 28, 2015 08:30

indystone
Indianapolis Motor Speedway has just announced a press conference for Tue. morning March 31, regarding a special event this summer at I.M.S.!

I hope this show doesn't become a political hot potato if a boycott Indiana campaign gathers momentum in the next few months.

Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 28, 2015 11:18

Some people seem to not like the fact that they have to travel to see the Stones so maybe they could name this tour Just A Flight Away

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-28 11:19 by Nate.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 28, 2015 12:13

Nate
Some people seem to not like the fact that they have to travel to see the Stones so maybe they could name this tour Just A Flight Away

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Good one!

I must be weird. I love travelling for the Stones.

Date: March 28, 2015 12:23

I absolutely love travelling and if that involves seeing the Stones then even better.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: March 28, 2015 13:23

Nate
I absolutely love travelling and if that involves seeing the Stones then even better.

Nate thumbs up

Yea.
And I have never been to most of rumoured cities.
Maybe I can attend only 1 or 2 show but it must be a quite interesting travel.thumbs up

Date: March 28, 2015 13:29

Unfortunately I can not go to the states but if South America happens then I will go and maybe next year they will do Europe again and my hometown London

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 28, 2015 14:22

a bigger nut
Nate

Nate thumbs up

Yea.
And I have never been to most of rumoured cities.
Maybe I can attend only 1 or 2 show but it must be a quite interesting travel.thumbs up

Travel the 2 lane roads to your concert cities. Make the journey part of the vacation. A couple days checking out rural America. Then soak up what the concert city has to offer.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 28, 2015 15:46

MisterDDDD
treaclefingers
MisterDDDD
TooTough
"Just A Kiss Away" would be the worst title for a tour - ever - by a n y band.

I (strongly and respectfully) disagree.
It's not even the worst title for a tour- by this band-.

I like it.. better even than the last tour.

I agree, that makes me mad...there have been far worst tour names...GRRR!

I know, I feel threatened when people say it was the worst, I feel No Security.

I TOTA-ly agree.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: March 28, 2015 15:59

DeanGoodman
indystone
Indianapolis Motor Speedway has just announced a press conference for Tue. morning March 31, regarding a special event this summer at I.M.S.!

I hope this show doesn't become a political hot potato if a boycott Indiana campaign gathers momentum in the next few months.

I wouldn't worry. Said "boycott" is going to go exactly nowhere.

Date: March 28, 2015 16:07

Nate

Nate thumbs up

I agree. Love the road trip to see the stones. Listen to them all the way there. Adds to the excitement. Me and a few buddies all old f..kers. On. A road tip haveing a blast taking about other trips and other shows. All good fun.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: March 28, 2015 17:07

I will be at work in San Francisco at 8:30 on Tuesday. Any one know how I can discreetly listen to some link on my I Phone to hear the announcement? Any advice appreciated

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: March 28, 2015 17:36

I probably missed it on a earlier comment, but what time zone on Tuesday? I'm thinking Eastern correct?

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: March 28, 2015 17:36

sarahunwin
I will be at work in San Francisco at 8:30 on Tuesday. Any one know how I can discreetly listen to some link on my I Phone to hear the announcement? Any advice appreciated

I think the announcement is 8.30 eastern?

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: March 28, 2015 17:42

jrcjohnny99
sarahunwin

I think the announcement is 8.30 eastern?

Earlier posts indicate 8:30am eastern.

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: March 28, 2015 17:52

bigpond
I need info regarding American Express Cards and Pre-Sale. Is there a "pecking order" for AmEX cardholders...that is are gold card or platinum holders given preference over "lesser" cards?

I am an Platinum AMEX cardholder.There is ususally seperate purchasing options

The Tribeca Film Festival just had there AMEX pre-sale. There was an option for AMEX Pre-Sale and then an AMEX Preferred Seating pre-sale for Platinum and other high end AMEX cardholders

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: March 28, 2015 17:53

Thanks Guys. That's 7:30 am for me. Gotta get up early.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 28, 2015 17:55

I'll be up at 5:30 Pacific Time.. Getting what I need....

And checking out the Stones announcement as well.... winking smiley

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: March 28, 2015 17:55

hey dean, i agree! lived in AZ during the state's refusal to recognize MLK's holiday in the 80's. this IN law thing is tracking the same way already. pretty typical of the hatred and vindictiveness that exists in indiana. boycott would serve the state right. i think a tour stop would be locked in already, though.

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: March 28, 2015 18:03

751st

Why? It's just a tour-announcement, not a sale or presale?

Date: March 28, 2015 18:25

skyhawk
751st

Why? It's just a tour-announcement, not a sale or presale?

Most likely you are correct...but even if all the pre-sale info and general sales info is given out, I seriouly doubt that IMMEDIATE action will have to be taken by anyone...in other words, tickets will not go on sale at 9AM that day...

ps...everything previously stated alludes to 8:30 EDT-US...

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: March 28, 2015 18:37

DeanGoodman
indystone

Before this concert, Indy will have the Final Four and the Indy 500 that will be a zillion times more visible to the public eye than some Rolling Stones concert.

Date: March 28, 2015 18:44

forsure
HotStuff92
So do you think tickets will sell out immediately for these shows? I'm hoping to go to Columbus and I'm worried since I won't be eligible for the pre-sale.

Also I want to thank the members of this site for providing so much information, especially insiders like bv and Cocaine Eyes. It's much appreciated! smileys with beer

I think the football stadium holds 100K in the stands alone. I think if you want to get in that you'll be able to get a ticket, either through the ticket on sale or the secondary market. I wouldnt worry about it, thats for sure

There are probobly less tyhan 10 stadiums that hold 100K +...even the largest professional stadium only holds about 80K (Giants stadium, NJ)...Ohio Stadium holds over 100K+ for a game...and is the largest venue on this tour I think (not including the unlimited space at Indy). Personally, I think a stadium like that will not sell out by the non-secondary market public...there will be a repeat of 2002 with tickets in the lot going for 10-20 dollars.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-28 18:47 by UndercoverLovingcup.

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: March 28, 2015 19:57

yup....8 to be exact

ann arbor...state college...college station...columbus...knoxville...red stick...tuscaloosa...and austin

more than 5 more with 90k+

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-28 19:58 by massmick.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 28, 2015 20:01

About stadium capacity:
A stadium that takes 100,000 for sports games will typically take 60,000 for a concert, due to security limitations, blocked seats and so on. If they allow people to stand on the field they may get another 10,000 more there, but that did not happen for ages in North America stadiums, may be it changed with the The Who concert disaster in Cincinnati.

Bjornulf

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: March 28, 2015 20:13

If you look at the figures for U2's 360 tour they had several shows over 60,000 in a stadium. The Rose Bowl, which was made into the tour's DVD, had 97,000 people in the stadium. However U2 can't fill stadiums in places like Columbus or Indianapolis, whereas the Stones probably can. In 1997 The Stones put 60,000 people into Ohio Stadium, while U2 did 45,000. I think the attendance record for a football game is 108,000 or something. I'd expect The Stones to do around 60,000 again this time.

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: March 28, 2015 20:15

bv
About stadium capacity:
A stadium that takes 100,000 for sports games will typically take 60,000 for a concert, due to security limitations, blocked seats and so on. If they allow people to stand on the field they may get another 10,000 more there, but that did not happen for ages in North America stadiums, may be it changed with the The Who concert disaster in Cincinnati.

That event changed it all BV! Ever since we have had assigned seating on the fields.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: March 28, 2015 20:25

UndercoverLovingcup
forsure
HotStuff92
So do you think tickets will sell out immediately for these shows? I'm hoping to go to Columbus and I'm worried since I won't be eligible for the pre-sale.

Also I want to thank the members of this site for providing so much information, especially insiders like bv and Cocaine Eyes. It's much appreciated! smileys with beer

I think the football stadium holds 100K in the stands alone. I think if you want to get in that you'll be able to get a ticket, either through the ticket on sale or the secondary market. I wouldnt worry about it, thats for sure

There are probobly less tyhan 10 stadiums that hold 100K +...even the largest professional stadium only holds about 80K (Giants stadium, NJ)...Ohio Stadium holds over 100K+ for a game...and is the largest venue on this tour I think (not including the unlimited space at Indy). Personally, I think a stadium like that will not sell out by the non-secondary market public...there will be a repeat of 2002 with tickets in the lot going for 10-20 dollars.

I agree 100% in that I think anyone who wants a ticket can get them well below face value in the parking lot day of show. just make sure you have a seating chart so you know what you are buying.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 28, 2015 20:30

Fredluvzstones
bv
About stadium capacity:

That event changed it all BV! Ever since we have had assigned seating on the fields.

Cincinnati was an arena and we still do have general admission concerts in arenas.

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: March 28, 2015 20:38

Re: standing in stadiums - Cincinnati certainly prompted a reappraisal of it, but U2, Pearl Jam, and other still regularly have GA pits in both arena and stadium shows. Stones, Macca, etc. avoid it for financial reasons - they can charge $350 for a front row seat, but not for a place in line which might be at the front and might be behind 2000 other people.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...150151152153154155156157158159160...LastNext
Current Page: 155 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1849
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home