Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...149150151152153154155156157158159...LastNext
Current Page: 154 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 28, 2015 00:38

Oakland rumored by Billboard? Pretty good source, hope they know something we don't.

peace

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: March 28, 2015 00:43

mtaylor
odean73
bv
babyblue
any news of new merchandise for this tour?

Of course. Everything will be new for this tour. Merchandising is a major part of the tour budget. New posters in every city, just like they did in Europe and Australia. Great pictures by the way. That is why they change the names of the tours. "50 And Counting" - "14 On Fire" - "Just A Kiss Away" - or whatever they choose to call it - we will see on Tuesday. And I bet the South America tour and the next London shows in 2016 will have different names. Of course they will. Just have to.

London 2016 i know its not written in stone, but might have to rethink about going to the USA this year.

2016 - will be the "Charlie 75 tour"

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up
(Wyman) Billed as CHARLIE WATTS & HIS ROLLING STONES!
Merchandising will be huge for this one.smileys with beer

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: March 28, 2015 00:53

TiminIndy

I was wondering about the place and manner of the tour announcement, which will apparently be on Thursday, March 19th. In 1975, to announce Tour of the Americas, they came down 5th Avenue on a flatbed truck and played Brown Sugar. In 1989, for the Steel Wheels Tour announcement, they arrived in Grand Central Station by train in an antique caboose. When they announced the Voodoo Lounge tour in 1994, they came across the Hudson River on a boat. For the 'Tip of the Tongue' announcement in 2002, they arrived in a massive blimp with the Stones logo.

I have some wishful thinking for 2015. Since it is widely rumored that they will be playing the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on July 4th, why not have the band show up in Indy cars, riding around the most famous racetrack in the world? They have the 2 seater Indy cars that fans can pay to ride in, and there are probably enough of them for the entire band. Then they could get out of the cars at the finish line and play 'Start Me Up'! The IMS could probably provide them with some legendary Indy 500 drivers to run the band around the track!

March 19th is also the first day of the NCAA Tournament, which will culminate with the Final Four in Indianapolis on April 4th & 6th.

Here's a cool writeup on their tour announcments, with videos of several of them:

By Land, Air Or Sea: The History of the Rolling Stones’ Outrageous Tour Announcements Read More: By Land, Air Or Sea: The History of the Rolling Stones’ Outrageous Tour Announcements

Sounds like the wish I posted on March 14th may be closer to the truth than I thought. I don't know if the Stones will actually be there, let alone riding in Indy cars, but it does sound like the tour announcement will be at the storied track. The weather forecast for Tuesday is supposed to be 65F and sunny, whereas the weather on March 19 was 50F and raining.

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 28, 2015 00:53

!!!!!
Love Sister...... It's....

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 28, 2015 01:05

RipThisBone
mtaylor
odean73
bv
babyblue

Of course. Everything will be new for this tour. Merchandising is a major part of the tour budget. New posters in every city, just like they did in Europe and Australia. Great pictures by the way. That is why they change the names of the tours. "50 And Counting" - "14 On Fire" - "Just A Kiss Away" - or whatever they choose to call it - we will see on Tuesday. And I bet the South America tour and the next London shows in 2016 will have different names. Of course they will. Just have to.

London 2016 i know its not written in stone, but might have to rethink about going to the USA this year.

Sorry BV, but this is a repeat thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

Posted by: JagFan ()
Date: March 28, 2015 01:08

That 4/8 pre-sale day would work well for me. But the flip-flopping back and forth with Atlanta and Nashville dates is killing me! Conflicting rumored veune listings too!

Posted by: bigpond ()
Date: March 28, 2015 01:11

Mid-July evening, Quebec City. Hope this date is bang on, that will be a tremendous venue! And..... #itsjustakissaway hot smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 28, 2015 01:18

cmc
Minneapolis billboard (Eden Prairie/Minnetonka border on I-494 Westbound), photo taken at 5pm CDT, Friday, March 27. This "Tuesday" ad is new today (Friday).

I need to talk with you, cmc. Can you send me an e-mail?

Posted by: bigpond ()
Date: March 28, 2015 01:48

I need info regarding American Express Cards and Pre-Sale. Is there a "pecking order" for AmEX cardholders...that is are gold card or platinum holders given preference over "lesser" cards?

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: March 28, 2015 01:53

mtaylor
RipThisBone
mtaylor
odean73
bv
babyblue

Sorry BV, but this is a repeat thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

hot smileydrinking smiley

Posted by: HotStuff92 ()
Date: March 28, 2015 02:08

So do you think tickets will sell out immediately for these shows? I'm hoping to go to Columbus and I'm worried since I won't be eligible for the pre-sale.

Also I want to thank the members of this site for providing so much information, especially insiders like bv and Cocaine Eyes. It's much appreciated! smileys with beer

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: March 28, 2015 02:36

BV- is there any truth to the Billboard Santa Clara rumor of 6/30?

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: March 28, 2015 02:37

So it looks like I will be on vacation in a place without any internet access when the pre-sale and sale should start - bad timing!

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: March 28, 2015 02:44

Does this usually mean tickets to all shows will be up for grabs at the same time??

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 28, 2015 02:55

Naturalust
The Rolling Stones are still the event of the summer, imo. Forget U2 or Van Halen. Those two wouldn't even be playing if the Stones had not paved the way.

Let's not get carried away

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 28, 2015 03:13

bigpond
I need info regarding American Express Cards and Pre-Sale. Is there a "pecking order" for AmEX cardholders...that is are gold card or platinum holders given preference over "lesser" cards?

Bearing in mind that it's not even known yet if Amex or Citi (or some other entity) will be handling the presale, I've learned in the past that to access Amex presale tickets, my card needed to be enrolled in the right rewards program. This applied to other shows too, not just the Stones. That may or may not be the case here, there's no way of knowing. But best not to assume that all Amex or Citi (or Chase, or whatever) cards will provide presale access--also, sign up for any available rewards programs.

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: March 28, 2015 03:31

HotStuff92
So do you think tickets will sell out immediately for these shows? I'm hoping to go to Columbus and I'm worried since I won't be eligible for the pre-sale.

Also I want to thank the members of this site for providing so much information, especially insiders like bv and Cocaine Eyes. It's much appreciated! smileys with beer

I think the football stadium holds 100K in the stands alone. I think if you want to get in that you'll be able to get a ticket, either through the ticket on sale or the secondary market. I wouldnt worry about it, thats for sure

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: March 28, 2015 03:33

Stiff Nipples!!!!!
that should be the tour name

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 28, 2015 03:39

sarahunwin

what Santa Clara billboard, oh never mind, I see you are speaking of Billboard magazine, not a Stones billboard.

I don't think they will be playing any shows in California outside of San Diego as they are just trying to hit places that didn't get a show in 2013. But sorry, I'm not BV.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-28 03:41 by timbernardis.

Date: March 28, 2015 03:47

timbernardis
sarahunwin

I don't think they will be playing any shows in California outside of San Diego as they are just trying to hit places that didn't get a show in 2013.
plexi

A warm-up concert in LA, maybe?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 28, 2015 04:26

Billboards around Milwaukee suggest Rolling Stones tour announcement coming Tuesday

[www.jsonline.com]

Posted by: HotStuff92 ()
Date: March 28, 2015 04:48

forsure
HotStuff92

I think the football stadium holds 100K in the stands alone. I think if you want to get in that you'll be able to get a ticket, either through the ticket on sale or the secondary market. I wouldnt worry about it, thats for sure
Okay, thanks for the response! That does make me feel better about it, though I hope I won't have to get tickets from the secondary market - I'm sure they will be expensive enough on the primary market!

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: March 28, 2015 05:00

bv has posted a speculative number of 60000 for this venue, but its listed capacity is 102k?????????
get your tickets at the show if you dont score online...no problemo...you wont get soaked.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-28 05:08 by massmick.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 28, 2015 05:04

MisterDDDD
TooTough
"Just A Kiss Away" would be the worst title for a tour - ever - by a n y band.

I (strongly and respectfully) disagree.
It's not even the worst title for a tour- by this band-.

I like it.. better even than the last tour.

I agree, that makes me mad...there have been far worst tour names...GRRR!

Posted by: souldoggie ()
Date: March 28, 2015 05:54

TiminIndy
TiminIndy

I was wondering about the place and manner of the tour announcement, which will apparently be on Thursday, March 19th. In 1975, to announce Tour of the Americas, they came down 5th Avenue on a flatbed truck and played Brown Sugar. In 1989, for the Steel Wheels Tour announcement, they arrived in Grand Central Station by train in an antique caboose. When they announced the Voodoo Lounge tour in 1994, they came across the Hudson River on a boat. For the 'Tip of the Tongue' announcement in 2002, they arrived in a massive blimp with the Stones logo.

I have some wishful thinking for 2015. Since it is widely rumored that they will be playing the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on July 4th, why not have the band show up in Indy cars, riding around the most famous racetrack in the world? They have the 2 seater Indy cars that fans can pay to ride in, and there are probably enough of them for the entire band. Then they could get out of the cars at the finish line and play 'Start Me Up'! The IMS could probably provide them with some legendary Indy 500 drivers to run the band around the track!

March 19th is also the first day of the NCAA Tournament, which will culminate with the Final Four in Indianapolis on April 4th & 6th.

Here's a cool writeup on their tour announcments, with videos of several of them:

I don't know if the Stones will actually be there, let alone riding in Indy cars, but it does sound like the tour announcement will be at the storied track. The weather forecast for Tuesday is supposed to be 65F and sunny, whereas the weather on March 19 was 50F and raining.

sounds good to me. Last time I was at the Indy 500 I was tripping my brains out. '78 I think. Maybe time for a redo.

Posted by: MaryPoppins ()
Date: March 28, 2015 06:01

Anyone know where to watch and/or listen to the announcement?

Re: Indianapolis Press Conference
Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: March 28, 2015 06:43

Cristiano Radtke
Some radio stations are tweeting that, too:

[twitter.com]

[twitter.com]

[twitter.com]

8:30am @ East Coast?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 28, 2015 06:51

treaclefingers
MisterDDDD
TooTough
"Just A Kiss Away" would be the worst title for a tour - ever - by a n y band.

I (strongly and respectfully) disagree.
It's not even the worst title for a tour- by this band-.

I like it.. better even than the last tour.

I agree, that makes me mad...there have been far worst tour names...GRRR!

I know, I feel threatened when people say it was the worst, I feel No Security.

Date: March 28, 2015 06:52

a bigger nut
Cristiano Radtke

Yep, I think so. WRDU is a radio station from Raleigh, NY, Rock933 is from Poughkeepsie, NY and iHeartRadio is from NYC, if I'm not wrong.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: March 28, 2015 08:08

Cristiano Radtke
a bigger nut
Cristiano Radtke

Yep, I think so. WRDU is a radio station from Raleigh, NY, Rock933 is from Poughkeepsie, NY and iHeartRadio is from NYC, if I'm not wrong.

Thank you, Cristiano.
So Tuesday evening in Japan.
Then I will be in a football stadium in Tokyo, but maybe check my mobile phone without watching a game.grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...149150151152153154155156157158159...LastNext
Current Page: 154 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1389
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home