Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...142143144145146147148149150151152...LastNext
Current Page: 147 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: eyesoftheworld ()
Date: March 25, 2015 10:56

Woz
MisterDDDD
[ Nothing really beats the excitement leading up to a Rolling Stones concert.. building right up until the moment they take the stage.. And nothing ever will.

Ain't that the truth!

smiling smiley

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: March 25, 2015 11:23

(Sorry if that has been posted before!)

Sources say Rolling Stones show in Nashville set for June 17

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – The Rolling Stones will be performing at LP Field in downtown Nashville on June 17.

News 2 has learned the official announcement will be made soon as the contracts have been signed.

The local show was expected to be announced last week but ultimately postponed due to the national tour announcement being postponed.

An issue with the nationwide promoter’s ticketing is being blamed for the delay.

The Stones last played Nashville at the then-Gaylord Entertainment Center in November 2002.

Link: WKRN.com

"All contracts have been signed" - sounds GOOD to me! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Red Rocks Show
Posted by: ronkeith72 ()
Date: March 24, 2015 20:35

I see that the Rumoured Red Rocks Show was removed. Does anybody know why or if it might get a new life??? That was the only show I was giving consideration to without Mick Taylor, simply because of the uniqueness of the venue. I've had many friends see other bands there and I was at least willing to consider it.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 25, 2015 12:41

so it's in stone that Mick Taylor will not be on board for this go round?

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: March 25, 2015 14:32

TheGreek
so it's in stone that Mick Taylor will not be on board for this go round?

eye rolling smiley

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: March 25, 2015 15:16

Can I say something? I don't really care if Mick Taylor will be or won't be on tour. I love him, but his contribution to the last tour was really "low". Stones have 2 guitars and i love them. I am honoured and proud to be their fan since 1978, i hope i will be able to see them again in europe next year.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 25, 2015 15:38

andrea66
Can I say something? I don't really care if Mick Taylor will be or won't be on tour. I love him, but his contribution to the last tour was really "low". Stones have 2 guitars and i love them. I am honoured and proud to be their fan since 1978, i hope i will be able to see them again in europe next year.
+1

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: March 25, 2015 15:54

Mick Taylor on ALL songs would be ideal

Posted by: atip ()
Date: March 25, 2015 15:56

As time goes by, airfares go up. angry smiley

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: March 25, 2015 16:13

In San Diego just now on the morning news, they just announced the Stones being at Petco Park on May 24th. It is nice to have that date reconfirmed.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: March 25, 2015 16:24

Mick Taylor is not a member of the band. It was nice to see him during shows 2012-2014 but enough is enough.

Re: Red Rocks Show
Posted by: Wander ()
Date: March 25, 2015 16:27

ronkeith72
I see that the Rumoured Red Rocks Show was removed. Does anybody know why or if it might get a new life??? That was the only show I was giving consideration to without Mick Taylor, simply because of the uniqueness of the venue. I've had many friends see other bands there and I was at least willing to consider it.

Still keeping my fingers crossed for a Red Rocks show, but it seems less likely as more time goes by. There was quite a bit of speculation amongst those locals in a position to know a few weeks a go, but that has dried up completely. My connections at the PepsiCenter and the 1st Bank center have gone completely silent, and they had intimated that Red Rocks was in the works a few weeks ago.

On an unrelated positive note, my connections did provide me a luxury box to see Fleetwood Mac on April 1st. no fooling!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-25 16:30 by Wander.

Date: March 25, 2015 16:32

Naturalust
MidnightDevilRambler

Applied for AmEx card Friday, they took my request seriously when I mentioned I was trying to get in on the Rolling Stones presale; they express shipped the new card at no charge!

A sure sign that they are probably not the card for the presale..winking smiley. "Quick get this guy a card before the announcement that Citi-card is handling the duties!"

peace

I take it as great customer service.thumbs up

Mike

Date: March 25, 2015 16:35

jabhead
Why does everyone think Amex is handling the pre-sales? Don't really care either way since I have one, but when I open my Stones app on my phone I see a Citi logo.

Chatter started on page 75.....

and here.....
[ultimateclassicrock.com]

Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-25 16:47 by MidnightDevilRambler.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 25, 2015 16:49

It seemed to me that the idea behind having Mick Taylor "join the party" or whatever it was Keith said was only about their 50th celebration, which of course lasted 3 years.

That's over with.

It does seem considerably nitpicky to not include him here on out especially when here on out could very well likely be two more years.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 25, 2015 17:00

andrea66

I don't know about his contribution being low. Rambler went for 14-15 minutes of a 2 hour show, and was clearly the highlight most nights. I'll still go, but those performances were great to see.

Date: March 25, 2015 17:01

andrea66
I love him, but his contribution to the last tour was really "low". Stones have 2 guitars and i love them.

Do you think that Taylor had ANY say in his stage time??
I am sure that acoustic guitar on Satisfaction was not on his list of demands.
Nor the same 2 songs every night with no diviation. The Stones have never been known to go off from the corriography and rehearsed, even down to the same one liners everynight. No room for improv allowed.

Ideally it would be best if he played on the songs he recorded on, IMO.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 25, 2015 17:05

JumpinJeppeFlash
Mick Taylor is not a member of the band. It was nice to see him during shows 2012-2014 but enough is enough.

The thing is they are not even a real band anymore, just people who are playing their band's songs. And a lot of those songs would benefit from another guitar player.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 25, 2015 17:11

Dan
JumpinJeppeFlash

The thing is they are not even a real band anymore, just people who are playing their band's songs. And a lot of those songs would benefit from another guitar player.

you just blew my mind, man.

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: March 25, 2015 17:21

This is the right thread for discussing (once again) Mick Taylor.
Djeez, I am going to dislike the man just because of his fans.

[www.iorr.org]

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 25, 2015 18:23

treaclefingers
Dan
JumpinJeppeFlash

I wouldn't take it that far. I know they're way too stubborn, and lazy, to change things at this point, but they would benefit by bringing in some new blood. You want the Bill Wyman sound? Find a pro who will do that, push the sound and add emotional depth. Don't think they'd sound better with a talented piano player who knows the emotional difference between Honky Tonk Women and Midnight Rambler? Think it would be impossible to find a guitar player out there who could add some soaring lead lines ala Mick Taylor?

The average Stones concert goer at this point hardly knows who is on stage. The current band could shed a few long in the tooth sidemen and sharpen their presentation with some younger pros. And maybe those people brought on would still have some reverence for the music. It works great for Brian Wilson. You can't replace the whole group, Jagger proved that in the 80s, but you could certainly beef up their sound. We thrill that McCartney's group reproduces his Beatle hits so well, but some have a problem with the Stones doing this, when it's obvious they could use some sonic punch.

Date: March 25, 2015 18:24

treaclefingers
Dan
JumpinJeppeFlash

The Stones are their own best cover band...and have been for quite some time now...if we are to be honest with ourselves. They are the best at it, no doubt, but too many shows are just mailed in. I fear that will be the case for most of this tour since many of these have not seen the band in quite some time.

Like the shows in Tel Aviv, Abu Dhabi, and other first time cities, ...no risks...just the motions...then straight to the bank to cash the cheque

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-25 18:28 by UndercoverLovingcup.

Date: March 25, 2015 18:32

UndercoverLovingcup
treaclefingers
Dan
JumpinJeppeFlash

The Stones are their own best cover band...and have been for quite some time now...if we are to be honest with ourselves. They are the best at it, no doubt, but too many shows are just mailed in. I fear that will be the case for most of this tour since many of these have not seen the band in quite some time.

Like the shows in Tel Aviv, Abu Dhabi, and other first time cities, ...no risks...just the motions...then straight to the bank to cash the cheque

OK, and I have to ask the question, not because I'm being defensive (cuz why would I even care?), but just out of a morbid curiosity, why is it then, that you read/post on IORR?

There hasn't been any new material in a decade, just some releases of old material from when they 'were' a band. You don't like the shows.

What exactly holds your interest to the point of creating a user name and participating in the 'chat'? Why are you here dammit?!

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: March 25, 2015 18:56

I'm seeing lots of ticketing questions and confusion. Amex presale, Citicard, venues, etc.

Here's what I know. Obviously at the tour announcement, all this will be answered.

AEG seems to be promoting the 2015 Tour. AEG runs AXS.com ticketing. They have a partnership with Amex, and do not with Citibank. So it's likely an Amex Presale. Sometimes AEG sells concert tickets directly on their AXS website (Neil Diamond) sometimes they link from there to the venue site (Taylor Swift at Petco Park this summer) notice the location there! Sometimes they link from the AXS site to Ticketmaster (Steely Dan). So you can always get to where the tickets are being sold through their AXS.com website.

Also, AXS has a partnership with StubHub, so often you can see secondary Stones tickets for sale from the same site. Obviously those Stubhub tickets will be more expensive until prices drop toward the day of the show.

I got face value Paul McCartney tickets off Stubhub 2 days before his show at Petco Park in San Diego. Not great seats, but I was in the sold out stadium.

Date: March 25, 2015 19:00

Gfmsoccer
I'm seeing lots of ticketing questions and confusion. Amex presale, Citicard, venues, etc.

Here's what I know. Obviously at the tour announcement, all this will be answered.

AEG seems to be promoting the 2015 Tour. AEG runs AXS.com ticketing. They have a partnership with Amex, and do not with Citibank. So it's likely an Amex Presale. Sometimes AEG sells concert tickets directly on their AXS website (Neil Diamond) sometimes they link from there to the venue site (Taylor Swift at Petco Park this summer) notice the location there! Sometimes they link from the AXS site to Ticketmaster (Steely Dan). So you can always get to where the tickets are being sold through their AXS.com website.

Also, AXS has a partnership with StubHub, so often you can see secondary Stones tickets for sale from the same site. Obviously those Stubhub tickets will be more expensive until prices drop toward the day of the show.

I got face value Paul McCartney tickets off Stubhub 2 days before his show at Petco Park in San Diego. Not great seats, but I was in the sold out stadium.

I got Paul tickets on the floor, 12th row in the AMEX presale.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 25, 2015 19:18

DREAMTIME
Buffalo is a REAL Stones town because of it's history of Stones' shows and real blue collar working people...

confused smiley

Date: March 25, 2015 19:36

treaclefingers
UndercoverLovingcup
treaclefingers
Dan
JumpinJeppeFlash

OK, and I have to ask the question, not because I'm being defensive (cuz why would I even care?), but just out of a morbid curiosity, why is it then, that you read/post on IORR?

There hasn't been any new material in a decade, just some releases of old material from when they 'were' a band. You don't like the shows.

What exactly holds your interest to the point of creating a user name and participating in the 'chat'? Why are you here dammit?!
I don't recall saying i dont like the shows...as a matter of fact i said they are the best at it...As to why am i here? Because i am a fan and I hope to see them this time around. I hope that answers your questions.
If you would like you can just tell me what to say/post so we have nothing to discuss or talk about.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-25 19:40 by UndercoverLovingcup.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 25, 2015 20:00

flacnvinyl
DandelionPowderman
MileHigh
I get the feeling that it's going to be the same show as 2012/2013/2014. I saw them in 2013 for $85 which was okay. But I wouldn't pay $250 to see the same show I already saw in a giant stadium. I will be content to watch the YouTube clips.

Why do you think it's gonna be the same show?

Btw, the 2012 shows and the 2014 shows were very different setlist-wise.

True enough. They took some changes in 2012...

Their only mistake is not taking more liberties with the setlist, and the fact that they discarded the bstage this tour! IMHO, They should have opened and closed the show at the b-stage. Imagine opening the gig with All Down The Line or Little Queenie on the bstage? Man... Talk about a missed opportunity!

I really hope they bring back a Chuck Berry tune. I joke about it far too often, but the entire band shines when playing a Chuck Berry tune.

I much prefer the B-stage in the middle of the show. Though I totally got my fill out the the B-stage in Buffalo in 1997 with Little Queenie, Last Time, and Crazy Mama. Best set I've seen.

The very thought of 60+ year olds dancing in aisles is horrifying enough. Best they work up anticipation of the set.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 25, 2015 20:19

Gfmsoccer

A promoter with direct partnerships to inflated secondary ticket sellers? ..what a scam. Why not just do the same thing with their own ticketing outlet/company? Do they have to preserve the image of themselves as selling only face value tickets when obviously they must be profiting from the secondary market too? How many great tickets do they immediately sluff off to StubHub knowing that they will get more profit? Love to see the inner workings of an entire shows worth of ticket movement although it is probably a highly guarded trade secret.

peace

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: March 25, 2015 20:25

Gfmsoccer
"...I'm seeing lots of ticketing questions and confusion. Amex presale, Citicard, venues, etc.

AEG seems to be promoting the 2015 Tour. AEG runs AXS.com ticketing. They have a partnership with Amex, and do not with Citibank. So it's likely an Amex Presale..."

Very helpful - thanks so much for posting

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...142143144145146147148149150151152...LastNext
Current Page: 147 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2152
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home