Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...141142143144145146147148149150151...LastNext
Current Page: 146 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: jabhead ()
Date: March 25, 2015 00:32

DandelionPowderman
MileHigh
I get the feeling that it's going to be the same show as 2012/2013/2014. I saw them in 2013 for $85 which was okay. But I wouldn't pay $250 to see the same show I already saw in a giant stadium. I will be content to watch the YouTube clips.

Why do you think it's gonna be the same show?

Btw, the 2012 shows and the 2014 shows were very different setlist-wise.

I guess that depends on how you define "very"

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 25, 2015 00:47

DREAMTIME
John Mayer opened in Rome last June.

Pretty sure that clocked in at almost 3 hours. Certainly felt like it.

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: March 25, 2015 00:49

I hope they rehearse a little longer than they have been since 2012 so their not too sloppy coming out of the gate. The US tour of 2013 there were times they were a bit rough however last year in Europe they sounded great so it would be nice to see them in that form. As for the end of the road well that's debatable but its drawing very very near and for all we know could be by years end. I think they really want to do some gigs in S America since those audiences have been their most enthusiastic over the last 10 to 15 years after that we just don't know but its getting very close that's why their fans including the Taylorites should see them if we truly love The Rolling Stones. When it does end just think of the journal we all could write of our life and times and stories of being on the road with the Greatest Rock Band of All Time.My story began with the 75 Tour of The Americas and still continues and it will be sad yet glorious when its over.

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: March 25, 2015 00:52

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN....

This photo was taken today, 3-24-2015 at 4:20pm CDT, in Eden Prairie Minnesota (Minneapolis area). The red printing below INTRODUCING, reads: justakissaway.rocks
(My apologies for the poor photo quality)

Posted by: jimpietryga1 ()
Date: March 25, 2015 00:55

Introducing??? Sounds funny...funny strange

Date: March 25, 2015 00:58

jabhead
DandelionPowderman
MileHigh
I get the feeling that it's going to be the same show as 2012/2013/2014. I saw them in 2013 for $85 which was okay. But I wouldn't pay $250 to see the same show I already saw in a giant stadium. I will be content to watch the YouTube clips.

I guess that depends on how you define "very"

I Wanna Be Your Man, It's All Over Now, The Last Time, I'm Going Down, Lady Jane, All Down The Line, Live With Me, Champagne And Reefer and One More Shot weren't exactly staples in the setlists in 2014. One third of the setlist...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-25 01:01 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: March 25, 2015 00:59

jimpietryga1
Introducing??? Sounds funny...funny strange

Yes, I agree. Who are these Rolling Stones you speak of?

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: March 25, 2015 00:59

These new billboards are promotions for the Introducing contest they are running, not for the tour announcement, since they don't know when they are going to make that yet. Could be next week, who knows?

Date: March 25, 2015 01:11

Gfmsoccer
These new billboards are promotions for the Introducing contest they are running, not for the tour announcement, since they don't know when they are going to make that yet. Could be next week, who knows?

One thing leads to another. March 31.

I like the slogan, but it's two years prior to SF...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-25 01:12 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: tigerpaw1014 ()
Date: March 25, 2015 01:26

Been following forever, and thought it was about time to post. Two years ago (living in Georgia), my daughter and I heard the tour announcement during our spring break (around 3rd week of March) and made plans to go to Philly where we saw a great show on June 21 that year. Expect the same timing this go around - within the week we'll hear something since dates seem to be similar but different cities. Hope it is SOON!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 25, 2015 01:27

This courtesy of BVs link for Quebec, from the Just a Kissaway Tour page:

The next Festival d’été de Québec will be presented from July 9 to 19.
The 2015 line-up will be announced April 8 at noon!

See you in July!

[www.infofestival.com]

I have no idea how it works, but it sounds as though the whole slate of 300 shows is announced at the same time, maybe to give equal access/info for everyone. I wonder if they'll announce the Stones on that date, for Quebec (presuming that's where it actually is)?

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: March 25, 2015 01:32

751st
I hope they rehearse a little longer than they have been since 2012 so their not too sloppy coming out of the gate. The US tour of 2013 there were times they were a bit rough however last year in Europe they sounded great so it would be nice to see them in that form. As for the end of the road well that's debatable but its drawing very very near and for all we know could be by years end. I think they really want to do some gigs in S America since those audiences have been their most enthusiastic over the last 10 to 15 years after that we just don't know but its getting very close that's why their fans including the Taylorites should see them if we truly love The Rolling Stones. When it does end just think of the journal we all could write of our life and times and stories of being on the road with the Greatest Rock Band of All Time.My story began with the 75 Tour of The Americas and still continues and it will be sad yet glorious when its over.

Could be. But by the same token, I could see them carrying on for 2-3 more years at the pace they've established since 2012. 15ish concerts over a two month stretch followed by 4-6 months off. Not too shabby.

Let's face it Jagger and Charlie are the only ones really, physically working out there. Before and after the show it's whisked off in a limo to a 5 star hotel. With 3-4 days between shows, that's not a difficult life, even for someone in their 70s. Even the jet set traveling isn't that bad in a luxurious private 767.

Keith will never be the reason they quit. Let me rephrase, they will never quit at Keith's urging. They might quit because he can no longer play well enough, or they may quit because he drops dead, but I highly doubt he will ever say, "I'm done".

As long as Jagger is physically up to it, as long as Charlie wants to continue and as long as their is big money to be made, I can see them continuing.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: March 25, 2015 01:56

DandelionPowderman
MileHigh

True enough. They took some changes in 2012...

Their only mistake is not taking more liberties with the setlist, and the fact that they discarded the bstage this tour! IMHO, They should have opened and closed the show at the b-stage. Imagine opening the gig with All Down The Line or Little Queenie on the bstage? Man... Talk about a missed opportunity!

I really hope they bring back a Chuck Berry tune. I joke about it far too often, but the entire band shines when playing a Chuck Berry tune.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 25, 2015 02:02

there are almost 600,000 views on this thread alone...15 shows aren't enough!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 25, 2015 02:33

treaclefingers
This courtesy of BVs link for Quebec, from the Just a Kissaway Tour page:

The next Festival d’été de Québec will be presented from July 9 to 19.
The 2015 line-up will be announced April 8 at noon!

See you in July!

[www.infofestival.com]

I have no idea how it works, but it sounds as though the whole slate of 300 shows is announced at the same time, maybe to give equal access/info for everyone. I wonder if they'll announce the Stones on that date, for Quebec (presuming that's where it actually is)?

I'm real interested in how the QC festival may work as well.. I think perhaps like the AC/DC show advertised on their site for the festival, it will be a "non-festival " concert... Otherwise I think you have to buy a pass for the festival and a concert ticket etc... Perhaps someone who's been to the festival knows?..

As it looks now, this may be the last scheduled North American concert for this tour, and if it's on, I'm in!

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: March 25, 2015 03:52

bv
The special show of the Europen tour last summer was ... Waldbuhne in Berlin, Germany. It was like a family reunion, so many people I know from all over Europe and the world came to this show. They could have played in a large stadium to make big money and a large crowd but they wanted the Waldbuhne outdoor amphi. Everybody knows the story of Waldbuhne from the Stones in the 60's. There will be a Waldbuhne of the summer 2015 tour too I think.

But remember many other shows in Europe were great too. Rome. Lisbon. Roskilde. And so on. We are spoiled. Don't be greedy. Having them on tour yet another time is all I ask for.

Maybe the Waldbuhne of summer 2015 will be the Marcus Amphitheater in Milwaukee? Only 25K seats. It seems that many contributors to this thread are planning to travel great distances to attend the Milwaukee show.

Hmmm, only a four hour drive from my home in Minneapolis. Maybe I have two RS shows to attend in June - Minneapolis and Milwaukee!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-25 04:10 by cmc.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 25, 2015 04:48

waiting on a friend @ Waldbuhne in Berlin, Germany

[youtu.be]

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: March 25, 2015 04:58

Rip This
there are almost 600,000 views on this thread alone...15 shows aren't enough!

O-kaaayy!?!

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: March 25, 2015 05:05

I want to be their twittographer.

Is there a place to apply?

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: March 25, 2015 05:06

FWIW, Nashville tv station WKRN, just now reported Stones in Nashville @ LP Field, June 17.
I know it's 'old' news, but I don't know why they are reporting it 'now'.

Posted by: rltsurf ()
Date: March 25, 2015 05:55

So what's News? Is this tour happening or what? The whole world is going to sleep again - Keith annd Mick what is the deal ?

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 25, 2015 06:35

Quebec City looks like a wonderful place to visit. But travel to/from is not very easy. Would prefer a weekend show. Hmmmmm

Posted by: 69firebird ()
Date: March 25, 2015 06:59

Yes, as I stated 2 days ago(Sunday night). The sign in San Diego read "JUST A KISS AWAY" with Thursday on the bottom! Maybe an announcement this Thursday!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 25, 2015 06:59

drbryant
Quebec City looks like a wonderful place to visit. But travel to/from is not very easy. Would prefer a weekend show. Hmmmmm

For those with a passport or an "enhanced drivers license" in the US, travel shouldn't be too bad.. For those who don't live near a border,an Enhanced DL is one with an RIFD chip in it, allows you to enter Canada without the need of a passport if you are traveling by land... Fairly quick to get as I recall...

I'm planning on driving there after the Buffalo show with a layover in Montreal.. if the tentative schedule holds..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-25 08:00 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: JagFan ()
Date: March 25, 2015 07:45

Unfortunately, (or fortunately) we have all chosen a band who likes to keep their fans in suspense before a tour. We just have to be patient. I think it will be worth it. I don't see them ever quitting. They're setting a great example for us all!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 25, 2015 08:09

MisterDDDD
For those with a passport or an "enhanced drivers license" in the US, travel shouldn't be too bad.. For those who don't live near a border,an Enhanced DL is one with an RIFD chip in it, allows you to enter Canada without the need of a passport if you are traveling by land... Fairly quick to get as I recall...

Better just get the RIFD chip implanted under your skin in case you lose the license, got to have a way to track all these European Stones freaks invading America this summer. smoking smiley

peace

Posted by: Freejack ()
Date: March 25, 2015 08:46

Will we get an April Fools Day announcement!

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: March 25, 2015 09:31

69firebird
Yes, as I stated 2 days ago(Sunday night). The sign in San Diego read "JUST A KISS AWAY" with Thursday on the bottom! Maybe an announcement this Thursday!

I hope so from Tokyo.
Only 7.5 hours to Thursday.grinning smiley

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: March 25, 2015 09:38

[www.jsonline.com]

Rolling Stones fans definitely didn't get what they wanted on so-called "#SatisfactionThursday" March 19. The legendary rock band, through a teaser campaign that included videos on its Facebook and Twitter pages and electronic billboards branding its famous tongue and lips logo in select cities, strongly implied that it would announce a North American tour on that date. No formal announcement ever came due to an "issue with the nationwide promoter's ticketing," reported WKRN-TV in Nashville.

But new signs suggest local Stones fans will be getting what they need--confirmation that the band is playing its first Milwaukee concert in 10 years.

The Stones logo that disappeared from Milwaukee billboards March 19 returned Tuesday. The billboards again feature excerpts of Stones' lyrics, but instead of listing a day, they list a website: justakissaway.rocks, where fans can sign up for a contest and email alerts.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 25, 2015 10:56

Straycat13
I want to be their twittographer.

Is there a place to apply?

Please apply! Whoever-it-was last year spent several shows NOT tweeting the setlist.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...141142143144145146147148149150151...LastNext
Current Page: 146 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2000
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home