Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...140141142143144145146147148149150...LastNext
Current Page: 145 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: March 24, 2015 21:45

MileHigh
I get the feeling that it's going to be the same show as 2012/2013/2014. I saw them in 2013 for $85 which was okay. But I wouldn't pay $250 to see the same show I already saw in a giant stadium. I will be content to watch the YouTube clips.

I hear what you're saying. I feel addicted and really want to see them again. I would probably spend more on a ticket than I was planning to just to be close to the stage one last time. It's already hard keeping it at only one show when there are 2-3 options at a driving distance. But then again I could probably pass on seeing the Stones once again and spend the money on a nice vacation with the family. We all know it might be the same show again, but it might also be the last opportunity to see them live... decisions, decisions!

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: March 24, 2015 21:48

There is something to the entire atmosphere and excitement I get from going on a Stones trip which winds up in a show that is unlike anything else...regardless of the actual show content. Yes I would absolutely love to see them shake up the set as we have wished for over and over...but still...there is no other concert experience like the Stones provide and I really feel the time is short for our band. See them while we can would be my advice...although you won't regret going you will definitely regret NOT going if this turns out to be the last stop.

Date: March 24, 2015 21:58

I hope its not the same show as 2013. But no matter what they have a group of songs they have to play each concert for the curious fans. First time fans etc... I just hope we see more songs like 23 or 24. That would let them play the war horses that 70% of the crowd wants to hear but still include some rare great songs for the hard core fans.

I think this stadium run will drag in a some first timers or fans that have seen them just a few times years ago. So they almost have to play the big hits for them.

Come on MICK play the hits but do some deep cuts. You can easly do this with 24 songs!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-24 21:59 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: ricky70 ()
Date: March 24, 2015 22:01

ohotos
MileHigh
I get the feeling that it's going to be the same show as 2012/2013/2014. I saw them in 2013 for $85 which was okay. But I wouldn't pay $250 to see the same show I already saw in a giant stadium. I will be content to watch the YouTube clips.

I hear what you're saying. I feel addicted and really want to see them again. I would probably spend more on a ticket than I was planning to just to be close to the stage one last time. It's already hard keeping it at only one show when there are 2-3 options at a driving distance. But then again I could probably pass on seeing the Stones once again and spend the money on a nice vacation with the family. We all know it might be the same show again, but it might also be the last opportunity to see them live... decisions, decisions!
... Milehigh ..... are you saying the same show? .... I am going to see the num 100 Stones concert, and 'always like the first time, I would pay its weight in gold to see them 1000 times .... you are not a rolling stone

Date: March 24, 2015 22:10

And it will not be the same show simply because it is in a stadium. I really love seeing them in arenas and I truly thought I would never see them in a stadium again.

Getting one more run of shows in a stadium is a dream come true to me. I love the big event. The big crowds. The big stage. etc

I have to admit the last few tours each time I go see them I dont expect it to be that great. Or as good as the last time.'

And each time I am wrong. They have gotten better.

And when each concert is over I am wore out. Tired. On my feet the whole time watching these guys kick ass one more time.

This tour is proably the most excited I have been since 1989.

I have no doubt they will blow us away.

Like they have a million times already

Cannot wait to hear "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN....PLEASE WELCOME....THE ROLLING STONES....gives me goosebups just thinking about!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-24 22:12 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: Stones726 ()
Date: March 24, 2015 22:13

jabhead
Why does everyone think Amex is handling the pre-sales? Don't really care either way since I have one, but when I open my Stones app on my phone I see a Citi logo.

Nice catch, I had not noticed that..

Date: March 24, 2015 22:16

Hoping for a smokin opener...

Street Fightin Man?

Let It Rock?

Something that slaps you in the face from the very first cord!

They are going to tear it up.

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: March 24, 2015 22:19

A few points that keep being brought up I'll review quickly. The Stones will not play 1 show in California then send 20 trucks across the country to do an East Coast & Midwest tour. That will never happen. They will do multiple shows on the West Coast, and that planning may have caused the Delay.

Likely they will start with rehersals and a tune-up show again in LA. They really liked doing that last time here.

The tour will likely not last any longer than the last Australia tour, as that's all the band is up for these days. Keith is not in great health, despite what he says, and Charlie does not like all the travel. 2 months max! so you guys can do the math of how many tour stops that will be. They need at least 3 days between each show.

The 2015 theme here is to visit cities they did not visit on the last US tour. Maybe NYC & LA would be the exception, as they always love playing there. Otherwise, all new venues, mostly stadiums.

I'm not sure what happened to the Sticky Fingers album idea. It might have just been a trial balloon by promoters. Most of us like the idea, and it would make it a very different concert set, but my guess is that idea is for a few special shows, perhaps for Video or Pay-Per-View events.

Since they are going to different cities, they'll mostly do the greatest hits set they did last year.

They did not have opening acts on their last 2 tours. Doubtful again. maybe a few "special guests".

I don't see the 4 guys ever saying its the "Last Tour", but I do think insiders in their inner circle will know. My guess is this year is the last year of big stadium shows. Maybe they'll do another 2 monther in Europe this fall. I think the future is fewer shows in smaller venues, with maybe specialty themes (Sticky Fingers, etc).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-24 22:23 by Gfmsoccer.

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: March 24, 2015 22:42

Planning to go to Pittsburg with the family, 8 of us. It's my birthday that day. It's about an 8 hour drive from Bridgeport, Ct. About 12 miles from where Keith lives in Weston. Still hoping to run into him one day. It's only rock and roll. Can't wait for the official announcement.

Posted by: VoodooAllie ()
Date: March 24, 2015 22:46

Gfmsoccer wrote: "Keith is not in great health, despite what he says"

Is there any specific info you can divulge on this score?

Wishing KR all good energy for the upcoming tour, and for a very long life, for years and years to come!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 24, 2015 22:50

Gfmsoccer
A few points that keep being brought up I'll review quickly. The Stones will not play 1 show in California then send 20 trucks across the country to do an East Coast & Midwest tour. That will never happen. They will do multiple shows on the West Coast, and that planning may have caused the Delay.

Likely they will start with rehersals and a tune-up show again in LA. They really liked doing that last time here.

The tour will likely not last any longer than the last Australia tour, as that's all the band is up for these days. Keith is not in great health, despite what he says, and Charlie does not like all the travel. 2 months max! so you guys can do the math of how many tour stops that will be. They need at least 3 days between each show.

The 2015 theme here is to visit cities they did not visit on the last US tour. Maybe NYC & LA would be the exception, as they always love playing there. Otherwise, all new venues, mostly stadiums.

I'm not sure what happened to the Sticky Fingers album idea. It might have just been a trial balloon by promoters. Most of us like the idea, and it would make it a very different concert set, but my guess is that idea is for a few special shows, perhaps for Video or Pay-Per-View events.

Since they are going to different cities, they'll mostly do the greatest hits set they did last year.

They did not have opening acts on their last 2 tours. Doubtful again. maybe a few "special guests".

I don't see the 4 guys ever saying its the "Last Tour", but I do think insiders in their inner circle will know. My guess is this year is the last year of big stadium shows. Maybe they'll do another 2 monther in Europe this fall. I think the future is fewer shows in smaller venues, with maybe specialty themes (Sticky Fingers, etc).

Are you stating this as
1. Fact
2. Opinion, or
3. Speculation?

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 24, 2015 23:09

I actually thought they were done with stadiums and am quite excited to hopefully experience one more time.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 24, 2015 23:14

They had opening acts during their Euro stadium concerts. I'd bet they will have opening acts this summer too.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 24, 2015 23:17

Usually they have opening acs at stadium shows, but not at arena shows. That has been the practice since 2012. It makes sense, because people arrive late for arena shows, just an hour or so before, but it takes hours to fill a large stadium.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 24, 2015 23:25

They had opening acts at the Berlin arena last year--most of the other venues on that leg were stadiums, though.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: March 24, 2015 23:26

kovach
I actually thought they were done with stadiums and am quite excited to hopefully experience one more time.

I thought so also but I would much prefer an arena.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 24, 2015 23:30

PaintitBlue
There is something to the entire atmosphere and excitement I get from going on a Stones trip which winds up in a show that is unlike anything else...regardless of the actual show content. Yes I would absolutely love to see them shake up the set as we have wished for over and over...but still...there is no other concert experience like the Stones provide and I really feel the time is short for our band. See them while we can would be my advice...although you won't regret going you will definitely regret NOT going if this turns out to be the last stop.

+1. You have to see each show in a broader context, as a social event. We all know there will not be significant surprises on stage, so you have to find new ways to feed the junkie rush. There is always someone near you seeing it for the first time, so you try to watch it through their star-crossed eyes, for example. Or, get dressed up and stand out among the t-shirted masses.

The Stones are a stadium act. Summer is the season of rock 'n' roll. And places like Milwaukee, Indianapolis and Buffalo are already shaping up as the go-to cities for something a bit different.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 24, 2015 23:31

BluzDude
Gfmsoccer

Are you stating this as
1. Fact
2. Opinion, or
3. Speculation?

Is FOCulation a word?

Date: March 24, 2015 23:40

LOL! nothing on here is Fact until the Stones put it in writing. but this is based on 40 years following the Stones, I know a few of the venues and people who work there. I know rock roadies who give me inside info. I read the industry mags that give you insight into how their inner circle works and how each member is thinking & feeling. So its all an educated guess like most others.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-25 00:52 by Gfmsoccer.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 24, 2015 23:42

DeanGoodman
PaintitBlue

+1. You have to see each show in a broader context, as a social event. We all know there will not be significant surprises on stage, so you have to find new ways to feed the junkie rush. There is always someone near you seeing it for the first time, so you try to watch it through their star-crossed eyes, for example. Or, get dressed up and stand out among the t-shirted masses.

The Stones are a stadium act. Summer is the season of rock 'n' roll. And places like Milwaukee, Indianapolis and Buffalo are already shaping up as the go-to cities for something a bit different.

+2. I am also stoked about those you mention, in addition to the potential Quebec locale as well as the opener. Nothing really beats the excitement leading up to a Rolling Stones concert.. building right up until the moment they take the stage.. And nothing ever will.

Date: March 24, 2015 23:46

not really. Its just what I've read over the last few years in the music biz. Keith is a great optimist, that's why we love him! I wish long health, as he's defied the odds for years. But these guys are old, 72? Nobody has abused their body more than Keith. He's a miracle survivor, but the big long tours are a tough grind on him. Mick is a perfectionist, and if it's slipping a bit, he'll call it a day, and do some other project.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 24, 2015 23:46

treaclefingers
Is FOCulation a word?

...I can always count on you for a smart response treacle....

BTW, is irregardless a word?

Date: March 24, 2015 23:49

Its fine either way. Paul McCartney did his last stadium tour with no opening act and played almost 3 hours. Nobody minded. even his rehearsal set was awesome.

My favorite Stones opening act was Sheryl Crow. She was awesome and then came back & played with the boys. They really liked her.

Date: March 24, 2015 23:59

Gfmsoccer
Its fine either way. Paul McCartney did his last stadium tour with no opening act and played almost 3 hours. Nobody minded. even his rehearsal set was awesome.

My favorite Stones opening act was Sheryl Crow. She was awesome and then came back & played with the boys. They really liked her.

yeah I agree, rather have the band play for 3 hours than have an opening act, but that's just not how they fly...plus, being MICK for 3 + hours at age 72 is a bit much to ask.

In our Paul show, the stadium didn't take hours to fill up and show started pretty much on time.

Date: March 25, 2015 00:00

BluzDude
treaclefingers
Is FOCulation a word?

...I can always count on you for a smart response treacle....

BTW, is irregardless a word?

Don't you just hate it when people answer a question with a question?

Posted by: jimpietryga1 ()
Date: March 25, 2015 00:03

Dean,
I'm curious why you think that Buffalo will be that special on this tour?

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 25, 2015 00:14

John Mayer opened in Rome last June.

Buffalo is a REAL Stones town because of it's history of Stones' shows and real blue collar working people...

Date: March 25, 2015 00:15

MileHigh

Why do you think it's gonna be the same show?

Btw, the 2012 shows and the 2014 shows were very different setlist-wise.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 25, 2015 00:24

jimpietryga1
Dean,
I'm curious why you think that Buffalo will be that special on this tour?

Great photo, btw, though I omitted from the response to make it clearer. It's all a guess, but obviously it could be the last U.S. show depending on the itinerary. It's their first time there in decades, so it will be the first time for mahbe most people there.

Ummm. What else? Well, going from what I read here, the tailgating is a blast. I don't want to romanticize the blue-collar aspect in an economically depressed area, but it be interesting. Public transport seems lousy, though.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: March 25, 2015 00:31

MisterDDDD
[ Nothing really beats the excitement leading up to a Rolling Stones concert.. building right up until the moment they take the stage.. And nothing ever will.

Ain't that the truth!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...140141142143144145146147148149150...LastNext
Current Page: 145 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1917
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home