Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...131132133134135136137138139140141...LastNext
Current Page: 136 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: massmick ()
Date: March 21, 2015 04:08

GAFF
Once again, many many thanks, Bjornulf!

ditto that a million times

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 21, 2015 04:10

massmick
josepi
angee
For anyone in the Columbus, Ohio area, Fox/10 News airing at 10 pm will have an interview with
me on The Rolling Stones and the fans, related to my book! I won't be able to see it--am out of state--
lemme know how it goe, okay? I'm maybe 5 minutes or a little longer.

The interviewer was frustrated with us that the announcement didn't come out. I told him not
to worry, that the Ohio Stadium date was fairly solid. Hope I'm right. cool smiley

Interview is up on Fox news now. Here's the link...

[www.myfox28columbus.com]

nice job Andee...i wanna say we met at Crossroads07 in Bridgeview IL when you scooped an extra ticket from me but I dont recognize you...im thinking something fell through with the person you were procuring it for and we never met though. Is your read available everywhere?

Hey, massmick, glad you liked it, much, much edited down.
I was there at Crossroads07--don't remember the ticket stuff though.
Book is mostly on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/You-Get-What-Need-Stories/dp/1939282330/) or Borders online. Thanks for asking!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 21, 2015 04:18

71Tele
treaclefingers
71Tele
People have too much time on their hands.

That's why we're all gathered here, huddled around our computers.

Exactly.

You must be referring to the folks going to see multiple shows this tour after seeing multiple shows last tour......

peace

Date: March 21, 2015 04:26

The billboard setback was a major upset for us die-hard fanatics, but the Stones are not just making a tour announcement. Be prepared for media super-blitz.
Performing on SNL. A week of Stones theme on Jimmy Fallon with at least a guest appearance by the Glimmers.
Probably other late night shows and a few festival and small club appearances.
Big promotions for Sticky Deluxe. Probably a new concert movie to promote.
It's gonna be like the summer of 78 - get ready to get licked!

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: March 21, 2015 04:30

angee

yes Andee i had put on Shidoobee that I had a couple extra tickets for sale for cost to a fellow shidoob but i believe that the person that you were getting it for either backed out or got a ticket. Its funny.....I just deleted your phone number from my phone a few days ago while cleaning house (phone) when i had some extra time......my phone-o-dex was getting out of hand.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-28 03:51 by massmick.

Posted by: rltsurf ()
Date: March 21, 2015 04:38

Summer of 78? Naw, not like that was big summer of flash and marketing - they came around, they toured, they rocked. We lost our shoes. This time is very different which is cool. I like different

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 21, 2015 04:49

OldEnglishSheepDog
The Stones will somehow be worked into the Bonnaroo Fest - you'll see.

Just like Woodstock '94

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 21, 2015 07:13

Naturalust
These disappearing billboards are scaring me too. What could possibly cause them to do that with an impending tour announcement scheduled? Are the promoters too cheap to keep them up till March 31st? Just saving face because of the Thursday thing doesn't seem right either since any Thursday would do. Something doesn't seem quite right here........

peace

Maybe these billboards were only reserved for a short time and the billboard
Provider already had other clients booked after Thursday in which they were
Contracted to honor?

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: March 21, 2015 07:19

swimtothemoon
Naturalust
These disappearing billboards are scaring me too. What could possibly cause them to do that with an impending tour announcement scheduled? Are the promoters too cheap to keep them up till March 31st? Just saving face because of the Thursday thing doesn't seem right either since any Thursday would do. Something doesn't seem quite right here........

peace

Contracted to honor?

I'm sure that's exactly the case. The Stones originally only needed them for the week leading up to the announcement date. Oh well. They'll come up with something clever to get th word out again.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 21, 2015 07:47

GAFF
swimtothemoon
Naturalust

peace

Contracted to honor?

I'm sure that's exactly the case. The Stones originally only needed them for the week leading up to the announcement date. Oh well. They'll come up with something clever to get th word out again.

I vote for the flatbed trailer. Maybe since Ronnie is now free, after his UK gig
With Mick Taylor, they are both now heading to NewYork to join Mick and Keith
For a proper announcement? Hopefully they don't make Mick Taylor drive the truck!

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 21, 2015 08:24

bv
There might be a show on May 27 in Seattle, Salt Lake City or Colorado, that is probably still in the talks now. Minor details for some, but very important if you live in these areas.

Awesome news! And yes, news like this is very very important to people in the North West like myself. Thanks bv!

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: March 21, 2015 10:45

On the way to work the guys on the local sports radio station were saying the Stones were going to be playing in Arlington at the big Cowboys stadium. They gave a date but I forgot it, and were talking like it wasn't announced yet but they were guaranteeing it was true because of people they know at the venue. A Google search showed a few hints, and I hope they're right because they date they're saying is my birthday.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 21, 2015 10:47

The Stones entoirage must relish the fact that we at IORR know nothing and are reduced to speculations speculations speculations...

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: March 21, 2015 10:56

As we are reduced to speculation on the US tour front, I might as well throw this in. I dreamt about them playing in Hyde Park again and it was stunning, absolutely stunning!hot smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 21, 2015 11:25

desertblues68

I dreamt about them playing in Hyde Park again and it was stunning, absolutely stunning!

Maybe the dream comes true in 2019 - 50th Anniversary of the 1st Hyde Park concert and the 6th/13th July 2019 are again on a Saturday .... smiling smiley

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 21, 2015 12:16

Cocaine Eyes
alimente

That's right! Problem is when you hear about talks and plans, report it here - and then nothing comes out of it or plans change...makes any insider look like a complete idiot. So better keep inside information for yourself, it's not meant for the general public anyway, that's what official announcements are for!

That is really good advice. Thanks.......I needed that today!smiling smiley (Problem is......BV has started a thread called "The Rolling Stones live in 2015". So what is one to do?)

Thanks anyway. Much appreciated. Don't get me wrong please......not blaming BV!!smiling bouncing smiley

smoking smiley

grinning smiley Kind of funny in a way: you just got back on IORR with a few posts with some usable info and you're accused by the 2weekmembers of being somekind of fake.
Guys this lady has access to more info then almost all members combined!
That's not a rumour...

Date: March 21, 2015 12:24

DoomandGloom
andrea66
What a different attitude ..the who started to sell their american dates 1 year in advance and the stones few weeks before.. Or few days after the concert has happened.. Different point of view
THe Stones have a unique situation.. We learned these promoters get involved in the performers personal health in the Michael Jackson trial. Of course they did him only harm having him continue but we saw some of the process and how hands on they are once the insurance and dates are put in place. With The Stones there is Charlie's health history and Keith and Ronnie's past. Couple that with Mick's already postponing a tour which cashed some insurance checks and they have a bigger mountain to climb than Roger and Pete. We can send some positive energy to our boys as I'm sure many fans here have. Perhaps it's something as simple as needing to announce the shows even closer to the dates for less insurance risks. I am convinced from seeing Taylor's FBK which has focused on him as a Stone for the last week or so that he'll have a role although I don't buy into him as the saviour replacement that can solve their complicated issues.

You mean this page? But the images posted there are from 2013, and his latest post is from December 2014.

Date: March 21, 2015 12:35

StrawberriesBlueberries
DoomandGloom
andrea66
What a different attitude ..the who started to sell their american dates 1 year in advance and the stones few weeks before.. Or few days after the concert has happened.. Different point of view
THe Stones have a unique situation.. We learned these promoters get involved in the performers personal health in the Michael Jackson trial. Of course they did him only harm having him continue but we saw some of the process and how hands on they are once the insurance and dates are put in place. With The Stones there is Charlie's health history and Keith and Ronnie's past. Couple that with Mick's already postponing a tour which cashed some insurance checks and they have a bigger mountain to climb than Roger and Pete. We can send some positive energy to our boys as I'm sure many fans here have. Perhaps it's something as simple as needing to announce the shows even closer to the dates for less insurance risks. I am convinced from seeing Taylor's FBK which has focused on him as a Stone for the last week or so that he'll have a role although I don't buy into him as the saviour replacement that can solve their complicated issues.

You mean this page? But the images posted there are from 2013, and his latest post is from December 2014.

Mick Taylor doesn't even have an official website, I doubt he is involved with any Facebook pages, they are likely run by fans and imposters, imo.

peace

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: March 21, 2015 13:01

Naturalust
StrawberriesBlueberries
DoomandGloom
andrea66

Mick Taylor doesn't even have an official website, I doubt he is involved with any Facebook pages, they are likely run by fans and imposters, imo.

peace

Mick Taylor's Facebook Page is run by his people. The one that currently has 4167 LIKES.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 21, 2015 13:06

Naturalust
StrawberriesBlueberries
DoomandGloom
andrea66

peace

This is the most official MT facebook place.

[www.facebook.com]

Date: March 21, 2015 13:22

Fredluvzstones
Naturalust
StrawberriesBlueberries
DoomandGloom
andrea66

peace

Mick Taylor's Facebook Page is run by his people. The one that currently has 4167 LIKES.

That one is definitely a fan site...not sure who runs it but I would still be very surprised if he had anything to do with it, of course I may be wrong..smoking smiley

peace

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: March 21, 2015 13:27

I know for a Fact!
If you don't want to believe me don't.
Just like the fact he was told he was out of this tour that no one wanted to believe unless I gave up my source.
A fact is a fact even if you don't want to believe it.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 21, 2015 13:30

mtaylor

This is the most official MT facebook place.

[www.facebook.com]

His official Twitter account: [Twitter.com] .

The links are also to find on RS' website - but micktaylor.com shows a web server problem ....

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: March 21, 2015 13:57

Irix

His official Twitter account: [Twitter.com] .

The links are also to find on RS' website - but micktaylor.com shows a web server problem ....

Actually, that's not a real server problem or error but simply the default loginpage of the server's administration software - Parallels.

This means, that there's no startfile ( *.html, *.htm, *.php,*.cgi, ...etc. ) in the public webspace for that domain. This also is a security problem, because there are two links you can click there ... hopefully the passwords are strong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-21 13:58 by waterrats.

Date: March 21, 2015 14:15

Fredluvzstones
I know for a Fact!
If you don't want to believe me don't.
Just like the fact he was told he was out of this tour that no one wanted to believe unless I gave up my source.
A fact is a fact even if you don't want to believe it.

No worries I will choose to believe you about the FBK page although I'd rather hold out some hope for the tour inclusion. As they say, it ain't over till the fat lady sings.

peace

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 21, 2015 14:27

Dreamer
Cocaine Eyes
alimente

That's right! Problem is when you hear about talks and plans, report it here - and then nothing comes out of it or plans change...makes any insider look like a complete idiot. So better keep inside information for yourself, it's not meant for the general public anyway, that's what official announcements are for!

That is really good advice. Thanks.......I needed that today!smiling smiley (Problem is......BV has started a thread called "The Rolling Stones live in 2015". So what is one to do?)

Thanks anyway. Much appreciated. Don't get me wrong please......not blaming BV!!smiling bouncing smiley

smoking smiley

grinning smiley Kind of funny in a way: you just got back on IORR with a few posts with some usable info and you're accused by the 2weekmembers of being somekind of fake.
Guys this lady has access to more info then almost all members combined!
That's not a rumour...

Hi Dreamer! I've been hoping you'd show up. grinning smiley Thanks for the kind words. Have you ever noticed that the polite people are the ones with the info? The rude ones......well, not so much!

Good to "see" you here again.

Thanks again for the kindness,
CE smoking smiley

Date: March 21, 2015 14:30

Naturalust
StrawberriesBlueberries
DoomandGloom
andrea66

peace

Hm, this FB page has a verification symbol (the blue check mark). I don't know, how trustworthy those verification proceedure by Facebook is, though. One reason for the verification might be, that rollingstones.com links to this FB page next to their profile for Mick Taylor (which makes this one look like a legitimate one to the FB checkers). The FB page calls itself "Mick Taylor (micktaylor.com)" and gives the impression to maybe be connected to Sensible Music (in the page info). It links to http://micktaylor.com/equipment/ once in a post, for information about Taylor's equipment, but this website doesn't work anymore. Wasn't there something about a false official Mick Taylor website once, because of which Taylor intervened? I think, I've read something like this here on IORR, but not sure. Was this micktaylor.com?

I would expect him to complain, if he was aware of a wrong verification for a FB page (of course there is still the possibility, that he is not aware or, less probable, doesn't care or can't do anything against it).

The other Face Book page I found is obviously a fan page and says so in its account information. If this is the real official page run by Taylor's people, as Fredluvzstones claims, that's certainly confusing and Taylor should clarify something there, also with regards to rollingstones.com linking to the other FB page as the allegedly official one.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 21, 2015 14:54

I love The Stones and I love the real info that occasionally sneaks through the clatter throughout this monster-sized thread.

But seriously...
Are we really arguing about MT's Facebook page?!
For real?!

Good God, let's hope some official news comes out soon.
This is hard to take.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 21, 2015 15:06

This is the TOUR 2015 page. May be some posts here are OFF TOPIC?

Bjornulf

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 21, 2015 15:17

Gearing up for a great next few months.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-21 15:22 by drbryant.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...131132133134135136137138139140141...LastNext
Current Page: 136 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1377
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home