Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...129130131132133134135136137138139...LastNext
Current Page: 134 of 168
Re: Stones to play Los Angeles At recording Studio May 23
Posted by: spiderlegs ()
Date: March 20, 2015 20:17

Before the last concert at the staples center they played a small club in Hollywood on sunset blvd. Rumor has it they will play in Los Angeles. I was told their recording studio. I guess Mick owns a home in Bel Air

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: March 20, 2015 20:42

Yeah, right... Isn't "Believe it... Or Not!" located in L.A. too (or was it in Frisco, can't remember clearly)?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 20, 2015 20:51

This sounds good. Will it be a gig like they did at Echoplex in 2013, maybe? Or is this one of the two rumoured club concerts related with the Sticky Fingers reissue?

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: March 20, 2015 20:53

If the location gets identified publicly (here or any other forum) too early, they'll change it.

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: March 20, 2015 22:09

spiderlegs
Stones to lay at small venue in Los Angeles May 23rd Day before San Diego Petco Park on May 24th

A gig two days in a row? Even if the warm-up gig is not a full length concert, I find it hard to believe they would do that. They certainly want to be in top form for opening night which means a day or two rest for Mick's voice.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: March 20, 2015 22:12

No chance of a warm up gig, let alone a one-off made for TV/DVD event the day before a stadium tour kick off show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-20 22:13 by jazzbass.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 20, 2015 22:26

Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: March 20, 2015 22:53

What a different attitude ..the who started to sell their american dates 1 year in advance and the stones few weeks before.. Or few days after the concert has happened.. Different point of view

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 20, 2015 23:10

This summer tour will be seen by close to a million fans, and the gross budget should be around 150 million US dollars or so. In such a large operation everything is about timing. You don't push the button if something is not ready for some reason. I did never understand why they wanted to lauch the tour 12 days before the tickets were supposed to be available, but now it seems like they will be more in sync with the previous USA & Canada tour in 2013. That means an announcement and ticket sales more in the same time frame.

Out of the 850,000 or so ticket buyers this summer we - the hard core fans - are a minority. We are those few who have problems sleeping at night because we worry about tickets and travels and on-sale dates and pre-sales and Sticky Fingers gigs and where do the Stones rehearse and where do they stay and will they come to Orlando and Buffalo and a zillion other worries. To all your worries I have the following message. This is what they will do, more or less, it is pretty solid:

[www.iorr.org]

There might be a show on May 27 in Seattle, Salt Lake City or Colorado, that is probably still in the talks now. Minor details for some, but very important if you live in these areas. Also, there is an empty space in the table, it is there for a purpose. Others than that, there should not be that many worries. They will not start selling tickets while you sleep. You will be told. It might take some time still before they announce the tour and start the pre-sales, and I am not even sure if they do know themselves right now, as they did just delay the whole thing, but it will be soon, it will be this month, and then everybody can take a break and look forward to a great tour. And, they rarely do announcements during week-ends, so take a break, check the IORR news from time to time, and of course RS.com, and have a nice week-end.

Bjornulf

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: March 20, 2015 23:18

Once again, many many thanks, Bjornulf!

Date: March 20, 2015 23:20

Thanks BV. It has been a stressful week!

Posted by: bigpond ()
Date: March 20, 2015 23:21

Time for whiskey

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: March 20, 2015 23:27

Thanks, BV, for talking us off the ledge.

Have you thought about getting into psycho-therapy when the Stones' thing comes to an end?

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: March 20, 2015 23:37

For me the most interesting question is : Will we get new songs on a new or pseudo/new album ??

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 20, 2015 23:39

Thank you Sir, for the re-assurances.

Time to indulge in what is legal in only two of these United States at the moment...
And relax.

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: March 20, 2015 23:40

MisterDDDD
Thank you Sir, for the re-assurances.

Time to indulge in what is legal in only two of these United States at the moment...
And relax.

Love this! Go man go!

Posted by: stonedbeggar ()
Date: March 20, 2015 23:45

I remember 2 years ago the dates were confirmed early april and tix went on sale mid april. That tour also started late may into july. Like everybody else I'm just waiting on some friends to come to town.

Posted by: AJDuffer ()
Date: March 20, 2015 23:46

Thanks for all the updates, BV. Time to hit the treadmill and rock out to some Sweet Summer Sun, or whatever Stones dvd is ready to go. Looking forward to another epic Stones summer as the tour details come forward in the days ahead.

Posted by: jessicapwflash ()
Date: March 20, 2015 23:52

MUCH Appreciation to bv-Bjornulf, for ALLLLLLL the Timely Updates!!! Hopefully, I Too Will Be ... One Day Soon, Holding A Prized (great seat?) Ticket In My Own Hands!

Date: March 21, 2015 00:21

Anyone else going to Clapton's 70th birthday shows at the garden?Less drama, better travel and more hotels. See everyone May 2nd!

Posted by: acagnew ()
Date: March 21, 2015 00:27

I too want to thank BV for all the info and taking the time to relay it to us. He doesn't have to take the time to do this stuff...but he does. Much appreciated.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: March 21, 2015 00:29

Thanks so much bv!

Posted by: triggersucs ()
Date: March 21, 2015 00:30

Are you sure re NYC?

Posted by: triggersucs ()
Date: March 21, 2015 00:35

Will it be all Stadium shows in NYC and tristate area?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 21, 2015 00:41

"Also, there is an empty space in the table, it is there for a purpose." -bv

After a little 'relaxing' I went looking for the empty space that bv referenced.

June 12th show in Orlando and June 17th in Nashville has the biggest gap of five days. Besides the mentioned potential Sea/SLC May 27th gig. Any speculations??
I'm going with that's when they do Red Rocks as originally speculated. Don't need a stage.. Don't need a weekend date to fill seats..Send the gear...fly in fly out.

Now.. back to my previously scheduled relaxing..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-21 00:49 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: March 21, 2015 00:51

So what do we know so far ? Are there any kown knowns ? Known unknowns ? Or any unknown unknowns ?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 21, 2015 00:54

Hoping Seattle - gotta keep it West! (y)

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 21, 2015 01:06

Thank you bv! I'm really crossing my fingers for Seattle or SLC..hugely appreciate your updates!

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: March 21, 2015 01:25

MisterDDDD

After a little 'relaxing' I went looking for the empty space that bv referenced.

June 12th show in Orlando and June 17th in Nashville has the biggest gap of five days. Besides the mentioned potential Sea/SLC May 27th gig. Any speculations??
I'm going with that's when they do Red Rocks as originally speculated. Don't need a stage.. Don't need a weekend date to fill seats..Send the gear...fly in fly out.

Hope so, every Red Rocks date in that period is booked except, Monday, June 15 - that would work! The following day, Frampton and Cheap Trick are there - could even get a guest appearance from someone in that crew? Doubt this happens, but that would be amazing. And thanks to BV for the weekend update!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-21 01:26 by IGTBA.

Posted by: curt ()
Date: March 21, 2015 01:32

MisterDDDD

And what about the empty space in the table which precedes the Petco date ?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...129130131132133134135136137138139...LastNext
Current Page: 134 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1827
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home