Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...126127128129130131132133134135136...LastNext
Current Page: 131 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: March 20, 2015 13:57

Everything seems to have become silent again in regards to the tour. Is there something fishy going on? BV I hope you enjoyed the eclipse in your magnificent country. I remember two magical weeks in the Lofoten Islands in 2007. What a magical place!smileys with beer

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 20, 2015 14:07

It's 1978, 1980 all over again for Torontonians.

No concert in Toronto. We have to shuffle off to Buffalo to see them.

Tour announcement will be on 31st March, 2015.

smoking smiley

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 20, 2015 14:12

Cocaine Eyes

smoking smiley

So instead of "Satisfaction Thursday" it'll be "Ruby Tuesday Tuesday"?

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 20, 2015 14:12

Cocaine Eyes
It's 1978, 1980 all over again for Torontonians.

No concert in Toronto. We have to shuffle off to Buffalo to see them.

smoking smiley

Bjornulf said the announcement would be "soon" though. I don't know what he defines soon as, but I don't think they'd wait until the 31st to fix the delay. Where did you hear this?

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: March 20, 2015 14:14

March 31st.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 20, 2015 14:22

PalaisRoyale
March 31st.

If this is the case, then Ticket Sales commence late first week in April?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 20, 2015 14:25

stones2000

Where did you hear this?

It's a rumor - also to see on Twitter via the #SatisfactionThursday hashtag.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 20, 2015 14:29

Cocaine Eyes

smoking smiley

No Rolling Stones tour announcement; maybe on March 31

Rolling Stones fans can’t always get what they want. At least not yet.
The expected announcement Thursday of a Rolling Stones tour, which will likely include a Minneapolis show, has been delayed even though electronic billboards around the country hinted at something happening for that day.
A Rolling Stones spokesperson told the Star Tribune: “We will, of course, let you know when there’s something to announce.”
A source close to the Stones suggested that the announcement will come on March 31.
There was no official word on why nothing happened today. In an interview with Nashville TV station WKRN, the city’s mayor, Karl Dean, said there was “an issue with the nationwide promoter’s ticketing.”
Nashville’s LP Field and Minneapolis’ TCF Bank Stadium are expected to be on the list of U.S. outdoor venues for the Stones’ summer tour.
Billboards around the country, including one on I-494 westbound near Eden Prairie, went up late last week featuring the Stones logo and such lyrics as “satisfaction” and “start me up” and "Thursday."
Mick Jagger and Keith Richards are reportedly both in New York, according to a source close to the band -- something that is not common.
The band is encouraging fans to go to www.justakissaway.rocks for information.

[www.startribune.com]

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: March 20, 2015 14:52

June 20 is my birthday if the show in Pittsburgh is indeed that day, thinking about renting a van and driving from Bridgeport Ct to the show with the family. About an 8 hour drive. Couldn't think of a better way to spend my birthday. It would be my 43rd Stones show. It's only rock and roll!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 20, 2015 15:08

More than half a million views on this thread! I have noticed the last couple of days that online users have increased with a factor 2 or 2½. Many eager US fans looking forward to a tour?

Posted by: Kevinstones78 ()
Date: March 20, 2015 15:10

Mick and Keith Both in New York. Hey time to write a few new songs

Date: March 20, 2015 15:12

Cristiano Radtke
[quote="Cocaine Eyes

Other than entering a contest there is no info there.

Posted by: ajduffel83 ()
Date: March 20, 2015 15:16

Stoneage
More than half a million views on this thread! I have noticed the last couple of days that online users have increased with a factor 2 or 2½. Many eager US fans looking forward to a tour?

I think at least 33% of those are from me refreshing yesterday.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-20 15:26 by ajduffel83.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 20, 2015 15:26

"an issue with the nationwide promoter’s ticketing"

Could mean a failure to agree on ticket pricing; i.e., that they have not yet come up with a way to reconcile everyone's demands with the obvious need to keep prices reasonable in stadiums.

Or not. It's all speculation at this point. It is, however, almost impossible to imagine that they would let it fall apart now.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: March 20, 2015 15:27

ajduffel83
Stoneage

>grinning smiley<

Date: March 20, 2015 15:31

So was it just an empty rumor that they would be adding a few shows during the delay? Or does it have truth to it

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 20, 2015 15:37

Cristiano Radtke
Cocaine Eyes

smoking smiley

No Rolling Stones tour announcement; maybe on March 31

Rolling Stones fans can’t always get what they want. At least not yet.
The expected announcement Thursday of a Rolling Stones tour, which will likely include a Minneapolis show, has been delayed even though electronic billboards around the country hinted at something happening for that day.
A Rolling Stones spokesperson told the Star Tribune: “We will, of course, let you know when there’s something to announce.”
A source close to the Stones suggested that the announcement will come on March 31.
There was no official word on why nothing happened today. In an interview with Nashville TV station WKRN, the city’s mayor, Karl Dean, said there was “an issue with the nationwide promoter’s ticketing.”
Nashville’s LP Field and Minneapolis’ TCF Bank Stadium are expected to be on the list of U.S. outdoor venues for the Stones’ summer tour.
Billboards around the country, including one on I-494 westbound near Eden Prairie, went up late last week featuring the Stones logo and such lyrics as “satisfaction” and “start me up” and "Thursday."
Mick Jagger and Keith Richards are reportedly both in New York, according to a source close to the band -- something that is not common.

[www.startribune.com]

Indeed. MAYBE is the key word.......barring any unforseen problems, etc.

As of today.......it's 31st March.

smiling smiley

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: March 20, 2015 15:46

josepi
angee
For anyone in the Columbus, Ohio area, Fox/10 News airing at 10 pm will have an interview with
me on The Rolling Stones and the fans, related to my book! I won't be able to see it--am out of state--
lemme know how it goe, okay? I'm maybe 5 minutes or a little longer.

The interviewer was frustrated with us that the announcement didn't come out. I told him not
to worry, that the Ohio Stadium date was fairly solid. Hope I'm right. cool smiley

Interview is up on Fox news now. Here's the link...

[www.myfox28columbus.com]

nice job Andee...i wanna say we met at Crossroads07 in Bridgeview IL when you scooped an extra ticket from me but I dont recognize you...im thinking something fell through with the person you were procuring it for and we never met though. Is your read available everywhere?

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 20, 2015 15:49

stones2000
So was it just an empty rumor that they would be adding a few shows during the delay? Or does it have truth to it

I understand you ask great questions stones2000 but honestly you have to chill. Until official word comes from the band (and BV because this is his site), we all just have to wait. It's not easy for me also but there's nothing more we can do.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 20, 2015 16:08

ajduffel83
Stoneage

You may refresh 1,000 times but you are still only one - 1 - the same - user on IORR...

Yesterday Thursday March 19 there were 37,086 user visits on IORR with a total of 193,163 clicks (page views) i.e. an average of five clicks per user visit.

Bjornulf

Posted by: ajduffel83 ()
Date: March 20, 2015 16:16

bv
ajduffel83
Stoneage

You may refresh 1,000 times but you are still only one - 1 - the same - user on IORR...

Yesterday Thursday March 19 there were 37,086 user visits on IORR with a total of 193,163 clicks (page views) i.e. an average of five clicks per user visit.

Just messing with ya, BV. This site is amazing and I am glad that with all of the hard work you put into it that so many people use it as a resource. I have lurked around here since '05, but never posted.

Posted by: JiminNB ()
Date: March 20, 2015 16:16

Nice Friday to sit back and relax, get in the groove and watch some videos. Think for me tonite it will be CSer Blues and Shine a Light. 31st seems like a long ways away.

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: March 20, 2015 16:18

Hey JiminNB does that name indiacte you are in New Brunswick?

Posted by: Kevinstones78 ()
Date: March 20, 2015 16:19

We re on the Stonestime now not ours. When there ready we will know.
Thanks BV for all your info. It's an exiting time to be a Rolling Stones fan.

Date: March 20, 2015 16:28

Maindefender
stones2000

I understand you ask great questions stones2000 but honestly you have to chill. Until official word comes from the band (and BV because this is his site), we all just have to wait. It's not easy for me also but there's nothing more we can do.

Yeah you're right sorry. There's just so much that's uncertain right now

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: March 20, 2015 16:36

A quick note on the cinema ads and those jumping to conclusions;
The Stones bought a nationwide program for the Regal/Edwards chain,
Ads have been seen in OK and AZ, there was nothing regionalized about this buy.
I know the folks in the Bay Area want this to mean something but I'm sorry, it doesn't.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 20, 2015 16:38

stones2000
Maindefender
stones2000

I don't think there's any need to apologize. So much speculation right now, understandable that one is just trying to get the facts. If you want anything more definitive, just go here : [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: March 20, 2015 16:39

Agreed noone needs to apologize for being excited

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 20, 2015 16:40

stones2000
Maindefender
stones2000

Gotta hand it to ya' 2000.. you are persistent, and all over it.
Certain to result in getting "What you need"...

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: March 20, 2015 16:54

MisterDDDD
stones2000
Maindefender
stones2000

Gotta hand it to ya' 2000.. you are persistent, and all over it.
Certain to result in getting "What you need"...

us donkeys want that carrot.....CUT THE STRING DAMN IT!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...126127128129130131132133134135136...LastNext
Current Page: 131 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2092
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home