Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...119120121122123124125126127128129...LastNext
Current Page: 124 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: Stones726 ()
Date: March 19, 2015 20:51

stones2000
Rokyfan
"referencing"you? I was directly quoting you, nothing obscure. yes, if you assume a 24 hour waiting period, you will get shut out of tickets for many events, including, going by past experiences, Rolling Stones concerts.

Do they usually put tickets on sale the same day? Wow. I thought it was usually a little longer

They won't go on sale upon tour announcement (I don't recall that happening) they usually announce tour and when they will go on sale. On sale dates are staggered.

Posted by: keefed ()
Date: March 19, 2015 20:52

fadeaway13
I SWEAR IF ALL THIS HYPE WAS FOR A BLODDY CONTEST IM BLOWING A GASKET

no waaaay!!!!!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 19, 2015 20:52

fadeaway13

Hi,
My real name is Gasket,.. Mike Gasket... pleased to meet you.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 19, 2015 20:55

crawdaddy

Looks like things are starting to happen.

Maybe in some minutes - the Twitter #SatisfactionThursday Hashtag came on March 13 at 12:00 Pacific Daylight Time ....

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: March 19, 2015 21:04

Sorry, but if I win the contest, I will step up to the mic and say "Please allow me to introduce.... The Rolling Stones!"

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 19, 2015 21:05

I can't enter sad smiley. I'm a Canadian resident.

Posted by: jackflash1129 ()
Date: March 19, 2015 21:07

If I win, im gonna redo the opening bit from ya yas

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: March 19, 2015 21:11

Oops.... I entered the contest... but it's not valid for Dutch people. sad smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 19, 2015 21:12

stones2000

I entered and it accepted mine?!

Date: March 19, 2015 21:13

ErwinH
Oops.... I entered the contest... but it's not valid for Dutch people. sad smiley

Or Canadian people sad smiley. Oh well. I'm in the same boat as you.

Date: March 19, 2015 21:14

treaclefingers
stones2000

I entered and it accepted mine?!

I think it accepts them, but they're not valid for winning unless you're a US Resident

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-19 21:14 by stones2000.

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: March 19, 2015 21:14

If they call me to tell me I'm the winner,
I'll have to disappoint them and tell I'm not a US-citizen....

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: March 19, 2015 21:15

@KarlDenson: Just announced... KDTU will be joined by @ChuckLeavell at the @locknfestival this fall in September!

Posted a few seconds ago.

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: March 19, 2015 21:16

ErwinH
How do you know? I'm from the Nterherlands and it says after filling in the form:

"Congratulations, you're entered!"

Posted by: FormerPromoMan ()
Date: March 19, 2015 21:17

MisterDDDD
fadeaway13

Hi,
My real name is Gasket,.. Mike Gasket... pleased to meet you.

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: March 19, 2015 21:20

Naturalust
I don't care if the tour announcement is postponed. Still plenty of time to make decisions for the shows. It's infinitely better than bands announcing (and selling) tickets a year in advance which doesn't sit right with me for some reason. How dare they make me plan a year in advance.

What I am worried about is this tour being postponed or cancelled because of health problems with the band members. God forbid and of course this is just my mind working overtime, but after such hype for an announcement today, I can't think of many reasons they wouldn't make some sort of statement. Surely there are enough venues in the bag to warrant something.

Are billboards that had Stones stuff actually no longer there? That would be worrisome.

peace

I hate to say it out loud but I've had the same thoughts. Let's hope it's nothing more than a technicality and we'll hear from the Stones soon!

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: mosthigh ()

They probably scrambled this 'contest' together just to save face for the #THURSDAY thing.

"We didn't say WHAT we were announcing on Thursday..."

mr edward

@KarlDenson: Just announced... KDTU will be joined by @ChuckLeavell at the @locknfestival this fall in September!

Posted here as well: [www.iorr.org] .

The Festival takes place September 10-13, 2015 in Arrington, Virginia: [www.locknfestival.com] .

skyhawk
ErwinH
How do you know? I'm from the Nterherlands and it says after filling in the form:

Maybe it's just not valid for winning when drawn. If you click the Rules, it says valid only for Us residents 18 and over.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 19, 2015 21:21

skyhawk
ErwinH

This contest is for US-residents only:

2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open to individuals who have reached the age of 18 or the age of majority in their state of residence and older who are legal residents of one of the 48 contiguous United States including the District of Columbia (excluding Hawaii, Alaska, Guam, Puerto Rico, and all other U.S. territories and possessions) (the "Eligibility Area" ).

[www.justakissaway.rocks]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-19 21:27 by Cristiano Radtke.

Date: March 19, 2015 21:21

Rokyfan

They won't go on sale upon tour announcement (I don't recall that happening) they usually announce tour and when they will go on sale. On sale dates are staggered.

Well, it happened for the Bigger Bang Tour in 2005. The press conference at Julliard School, NYC, wasn't even over when tixs went on sale (at least for the Boston shows as far as i remember).

Date: March 19, 2015 21:24

Thru and Thru
Naturalust
I don't care if the tour announcement is postponed. Still plenty of time to make decisions for the shows. It's infinitely better than bands announcing (and selling) tickets a year in advance which doesn't sit right with me for some reason. How dare they make me plan a year in advance.

What I am worried about is this tour being postponed or cancelled because of health problems with the band members. God forbid and of course this is just my mind working overtime, but after such hype for an announcement today, I can't think of many reasons they wouldn't make some sort of statement. Surely there are enough venues in the bag to warrant something.

Are billboards that had Stones stuff actually no longer there? That would be worrisome.

peace

I hate to say it out loud but I've had the same thoughts. Let's hope it's nothing more than a technicality and we'll hear from the Stones soon!

Well both Keith and Mick are apparently in New York right now. So there's two key members that are presumably ok.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: March 19, 2015 21:24

IGTBA
Lien
Just saw this at [www.justakissaway.rocks]

Link isn't working anymore,
Grand Prize will consist of two round trip tickets to an undisclosed location within the United States during the month of July 2015, two (2) nights hotel accommodations, one (1) commemorative video filmed by the official Rolling Stones videographer. The Winner will also have the opportunity to record the sentence, recorded by Sponsor or Sponsor's designee, "Ladies and Gentlemen, The Rolling Stones"

They are now asking for your date of birth. They probably want to weed out anyone over 40 from winning this prize! Perhaps they will even use age to limit attendees to the rumored pre-tour shows. They did something similar before, with all the beautiful young things in the front rows for the Beacon movie shoots.

I was at the Beacon and was one of the lucky folks who got in through sending info to Doug over at Shidoobee. It was a BLAST. 4th row infront of Ronnie on the first night. Just remember that the first night was a pretty normal gig for the most part, just lots of celebrities/suits because of Clinton being there etc. Wish they'd leave slick Willy at home.

All that to say, the SECOND night is when they brought in all the paid models. All of them were models. Guys and gals. Every single one of them were decked out like they were going clubbing. I joke with several hardcore fans that we should've bought all of the a big pile of hamburgers. Those models looked famished.

Date: March 19, 2015 21:25

mosthigh

They probably scrambled this 'contest' together just to save face for the #THURSDAY thing.

Yep, looks like ....

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: March 19, 2015 21:28

I entered and entered both my kids - whoo hoo!

Date: March 19, 2015 21:30

Through all this excitement in the board, bv seems absent. Maybe he's trying to figure out what's going on...

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 19, 2015 21:34

flacnvinyl
IGTBA
Lien
Just saw this at [www.justakissaway.rocks]

Link isn't working anymore,
Grand Prize will consist of two round trip tickets to an undisclosed location within the United States during the month of July 2015, two (2) nights hotel accommodations, one (1) commemorative video filmed by the official Rolling Stones videographer. The Winner will also have the opportunity to record the sentence, recorded by Sponsor or Sponsor's designee, "Ladies and Gentlemen, The Rolling Stones"

They are now asking for your date of birth. They probably want to weed out anyone over 40 from winning this prize! Perhaps they will even use age to limit attendees to the rumored pre-tour shows. They did something similar before, with all the beautiful young things in the front rows for the Beacon movie shoots.

I was at the Beacon and was one of the lucky folks who got in through sending info to Doug over at Shidoobee. It was a BLAST. 4th row infront of Ronnie on the first night. Just remember that the first night was a pretty normal gig for the most part, just lots of celebrities/suits because of Clinton being there etc. Wish they'd leave slick Willy at home.

All that to say, the SECOND night is when they brought in all the paid models. All of them were models. Guys and gals. Every single one of them were decked out like they were going clubbing. I joke with several hardcore fans that we should've bought all of the a big pile of hamburgers. Those models looked famished.

Shidoobie 'members' were such a disappointment for everyone. They get invited to a filming in NYC and they show up in jeans and t-shirts like they were going to an Allman Brothers show! For so called die hard fans they obviously didn't think. The Stones have style and a video needs to have the right 'colors'. The girls they brought in the second night did not even know who The Stones were BUT they were FUN! It was like they were on ludes. They were very cuddly and fun to play with at the show the way it used to be back in the day! And for those republicans at the first show, it was BILL CLINTON's birthday and it was Great!

Date: March 19, 2015 21:36

The big prize is nothing unless it includes a ticket to get in the door!

Posted by: jboug44 ()
Date: March 19, 2015 21:37

"A total of one (1) grand prize will be awarded to one (1) winner ("Grand Prize Winner". Grand Prize will consist of two round trip tickets to an undisclosed location within the United States during the month of July 2015, two (2) nights hotel accommodations, one (1) commemorative video filmed by the official Rolling Stones videographer. The Winner will also have the opportunity to record the sentence, recorded by Sponsor or Sponsor's designee, "Ladies and Gentlemen, The Rolling Stones" to be used for promotional purposes in Sponsor's sole discretion."

I'm probably reaching here, but this makes it seem like the trip will be to Indy. The rumored date is in July, the location, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, and what are the most famous words in racing that are spoken before the Indy 500? "Ladies and Gentlemen, start your engines". Again probably reaching and I'm bored at work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-19 21:38 by jboug44.

Posted by: jackflash1129 ()
Date: March 19, 2015 21:46

jboug44
"A total of one (1) grand prize will be awarded to one (1) winner ("Grand Prize Winner". Grand Prize will consist of two round trip tickets to an undisclosed location within the United States during the month of July 2015, two (2) nights hotel accommodations, one (1) commemorative video filmed by the official Rolling Stones videographer. The Winner will also have the opportunity to record the sentence, recorded by Sponsor or Sponsor's designee, "Ladies and Gentlemen, The Rolling Stones" to be used for promotional purposes in Sponsor's sole discretion."

I'm probably reaching here, but this makes it seem like the trip will be to Indy. The rumored date is in July, the location, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, and what are the most famous words in racing that are spoken before the Indy 500? "Ladies and Gentlemen, start your engines". Again probably reaching and I'm bored at work.

Following the news on this thread and the excitement of a stones tour is all thats pulling me through my work today!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...119120121122123124125126127128129...LastNext
Current Page: 124 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1175
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home