Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...116117118119120121122123124125126...LastNext
Current Page: 121 of 168
Re: TOUR ANNOUNCEMENT THIS THURSDAY (19 MARCH)
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 19, 2015 18:25

Cocaine Eyes
If this is already here somewhere, sorry but I don't have the time to look for all the posts here.

SOURCE = SOLID

smoking smiley

NOTE: Barring any unforseen illness/bad things happening.eye popping smiley

Thanks for sharing useful information (again) with us plebs...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 19, 2015 18:29

I've always been a supporter for the Stones regardless of what they were doing, of what songs they've been including on their setlists or whatever. But this situation of postponement without any word from them (or their team) sucks.

To me, this is a disrespectful way of dealing with the fans. We've been waiting so long for this tour, there's a lot of people trying to find some way to travel to see them (and I mean people traveling from all over the world), trying to book hotels, etc., and we have no word from them and nobody knows when this announcement will take place. And without that, how can anyone book flights or hotels or anything else? IMHO, there should be an official statement from the band, at least to calm down the fans. I'm really dissatisfied with this.

Posted by: Jordan ()

Please.. PLEASE stop with the lyrics
It's making it difficult to notice if I've missed a new message

Posted by: Kurt ()

New Billboard is Up...

Posted by: FormerPromoMan ()
Date: March 19, 2015 18:31

Kurt
New Billboard is Up...

Photoshop lately?

Posted by: fadeaway13 ()
Date: March 19, 2015 18:37

Cristiano Radtke
I've always been a supporter for the Stones regardless of what they were doing, of what songs they've been including on their setlists or whatever. But this situation of postponement without any word from them (or their team) sucks.

To me, this is a disrespectful way of dealing with the fans. We've been waiting so long for this tour, there's a lot of people trying to find some way to travel to see them (and I mean people traveling from all over the world), trying to book hotels, etc., and we have no word from them and nobody knows when this announcement will take place. And without that, how can anyone book flights or hotels or anything else? IMHO, there should be an official statement from the band, at least to calm down the fans. I'm really dissatisfied with this.

COULDNT AGREE MORE.

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: March 19, 2015 18:37

Everybody should start calling AEG:

http://www.aegworldwide.com/about/companyoverview/contact

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Posted by: FormerPromoMan ()
Date: March 19, 2015 18:38

Brothers and sisters...everybody just cool out!

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: March 19, 2015 18:40

They used to keep people waiting for up to a hour or two in the old days just to come on. I've gotten used to waiting from those days. I'm expecting some word by days end. Sounds like AEG could screw up a soup sandwich.

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: March 19, 2015 18:41

Anybody has seen any billboards up today? They could just push the announcement to next Thursday and keep the billboards. However if they completely removed the billboards then they pretty much screwed up their marketing campaign.

Posted by: dougingb ()
Date: March 19, 2015 18:43

Cristiano Radtke

+1

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: March 19, 2015 18:45

FormerPromoMan
Brothers and sisters...everybody just cool out!

If those Cats don't cool it, we're leaving man.

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: March 19, 2015 18:47

Cristiano Radtke

I will agree with you if nothing happend till tomorrow. But thursday is not yet over.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 19, 2015 18:48

Bit early yet (at least here on the west coast) to be throwing the band under the (tour) bus..

I'm betting we hear from them soon...

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 19, 2015 18:51

firebird
Cristiano Radtke

I will agree with you if nothing happend till tomorrow. But thursday is not yet over.

I really wish to be wrong about my way of thinking, but from what we've been reading since at least yesterday that's not what it seems. Let's see what happens.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: March 19, 2015 18:53

Question for Kurt,

You've mentioned you live in "a box under the overpass" near one of the billboards in Detroit (BTW, wondering if that is anything like living in "a van down by the river", but I digress...). Someone posted a few pages back that the billboard in their area is no longer displaying the Stones advertisement. Is that the case w/ the billboard near your "box" as well?

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: March 19, 2015 18:54

Karl Denson on Facebook:

First big announcement of the day... KDTU will be joined by Chuck Leavell at the LOCKN' Festival this fall!

( now wait for the second cool smiley )

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 19, 2015 18:55

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm going to assume the Stones had a good reason for this delay. I'm a Stones fan. Period. I'll love it when they make the announcement, but I'll support them regardless. And for the record, the only thing the Stones thenselves have officially told us is that the announcement is (or was going to be) on a Thursday. We assumed it meant this Thursday. If they've changed their minds, so be it. I do feel bad for the people who's plans will be changed, but I'm sure the announcement will be soon.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 19, 2015 18:55

751st

They used to keep people waiting for up to a hour or two in the old days just to come on.

Like in 1975: there should be a press conference in the 5th Avenue Hotel - but they came up with the Flatbed Truck instead and the press conference never took place ....

The Rolling Stones' Tour of the Americas '75: [en.wikipedia.org] .

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: March 19, 2015 18:56

I think there is still a chance of an announcement today...If not, then you will hear from the Stones regarding delay...I would hope...

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: March 19, 2015 18:59

Surely it's only 12 in NY...and 9 in LA?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-19 19:00 by exhpart.

Posted by: Raddle ()
Date: March 19, 2015 19:03

The US switched to daylight savings time last weekend so it is 1:00 pm east coast, 10:00 am west coast.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 19, 2015 19:04

exhpart
Surely it's only 12 in NY...and 9 in LA?
Don't get us... Start Me Up!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 19, 2015 19:05

Lien

Karl Denson on Facebook:

[...] KDTU will be joined by Chuck Leavell at the LOCKN' Festival this fall!

This Festival takes place September 10-13, 2015 in Arrington, Virginia: [www.locknfestival.com] .

Still enough room for a RS South America Tour after that .... smiling smiley

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 19, 2015 19:09

I don't care if the tour announcement is postponed. Still plenty of time to make decisions for the shows. It's infinitely better than bands announcing (and selling) tickets a year in advance which doesn't sit right with me for some reason. How dare they make me plan a year in advance.

What I am worried about is this tour being postponed or cancelled because of health problems with the band members. God forbid and of course this is just my mind working overtime, but after such hype for an announcement today, I can't think of many reasons they wouldn't make some sort of statement. Surely there are enough venues in the bag to warrant something.

Are billboards that had Stones stuff actually no longer there? That would be worrisome.

peace

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: March 19, 2015 19:12

Conley
timbernardis
Switching gears for a minute, I just saw this on Shidoobee and thought it might be of interest here.

GlimmerGirl24/Tiger's Ticket Buying Tutorial

THANK YOU!!!

Info have a couple questions since I'm totally new at this.
What is "Lucky Dip"?
Also, if we want to be at FOH (literally in front of house/close to it) what would you suggest? AmEx Presale? Go ahead and dish out the $ for those seats?

Again, thank you for your advice.

Lucky Dip is a promotion the Stones have used the past two summer. You buy a pair of tickets for $200 and have no idea where they are located until you pick them up at Will Call. About 10-15% are located in areas to write home about, the rest aren't.

If you want to be at the front of the house without spending weeks clicking at TM, Tickets or AXS to find the seats, you have to opt for one of the packages sold in the president and general sales.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-19 19:42 by bv.

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: March 19, 2015 19:15

Naturalust
Are billboards that had Stones stuff actually no longer there? That would be worrisome.

It appears that the billboards are still up but the word "Thursday" has been deleted.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: March 19, 2015 19:17

Probably still a signature needed somewhere

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 19, 2015 19:17

Roscoe
Naturalust

It appears that the billboards are still up but the word "Thursday" has been deleted.

Hope you're not basing that comment on photoshop "joke" posted on the previous page?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: March 19, 2015 19:19

Raddle
The US switched to daylight savings time last weekend so it is 1:00 pm east coast, 10:00 am west coast.

You're not serious, are you?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...116117118119120121122123124125126...LastNext
Current Page: 121 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1770
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home