Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...115116117118119120121122123124125...LastNext
Current Page: 120 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 19, 2015 17:55

Bv, are you able to say if the rumor about adding dates during the delay is true or not? Thanks

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 19, 2015 17:55

It is probably great fun to make quoting on the 15th level, making posts looking like a Christmas tree, put please don't do it. It is messing up the readability, and what if there was an important message in-between all these Xmas trees, and it was missed due to the Xmas tree spam?

Bjornulf

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: March 19, 2015 17:56

Go Stones

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: March 19, 2015 17:56

flacnvinyl
massmick
Louisville Drake?

Indeed! I only wish they'd stop in bourbon country this tour!

damn how do man?
memories of Churchill still exist in my noggin....watta time....never saw women guzzle bourbon like that....you were a great city host bro...forever thankful!

Posted by: TE ()
Date: March 19, 2015 17:57

MisterDDDD
jackflash1129
MisterDDDD
Mick and Keith are now both confirmed to be in NYC.
At least as of yesterday.

I'm really hoping for an old school in person announcement...

Curious, source?
NY Post..

Hmm, Bye Bye Johnny... No sleeping now... LOL!

TE
Oslo

Posted by: fadeaway13 ()
Date: March 19, 2015 17:58

No Announcement.

[www.jsonline.com]

Date: March 19, 2015 18:00

agreed...im getting a seizure while scrolling...isnt there a sandbox to play in somewherespinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: March 19, 2015 18:03

FormerPromoMan
flacnvinyl
massmick
Louisville Drake?

I still enjoy your lovely Derby Downs and Columbus recordings on occasion. Are you suuuuuuure you don't wanna see the Stones in Atlanta???? winking smiley

From where you described your location at the Louisville show, I'm surprised I didn't see you. I was in that locale going from the 10th row up to the 2nd or 3rd, once I saw how confused the ushers were.

Atlanta in 2006 was among my favorite shows of all time! I am tempted to make the trip down. Churchill Downs was a blast on so many levels. We might have been relatively close by.

Ultimately I benefit from being in the middle of everything. Driving to Columbus, Indiana and Nashville can easily be a day trip. If I want to extend the stay and make it a bit more relaxing, one night. Atlanta is a bit more of a drive but very doable. Looking forward to see what we find out regarding the stage and theme. That will affect how many shows I attend!

Posted by: FormerPromoMan ()
Date: March 19, 2015 18:03

fadeaway13
No Announcement.

[www.jsonline.com]

Yeah, waiting sucks - but after the debacle with sales for the Dead shows in Chicago, I can see why they may have wanted to postpone if the ticket merchant isn't ready for another high volume onslaught. Nothing would be worse than selecting tickets and being ready to pull the trigger, only to have the site crash. Or even worse than that - getting the old "We cannot process your request at this time" after a 10 minute wait (Happened to me just last week for Dylan tickets).

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: March 19, 2015 18:05

C'mon. they did not promise the announcement THIS Thursday.

Date: March 19, 2015 18:05

flacnvinyl
FormerPromoMan
flacnvinyl
massmick
Louisville Drake?

Ultimately I benefit from being in the middle of everything. Driving to Columbus, Indiana and Nashville can easily be a day trip. If I want to extend the stay and make it a bit more relaxing, one night. Atlanta is a bit more of a drive but very doable. Looking forward to see what we find out regarding the stage and theme. That will affect how many shows I attend!

See you in Nashville then, Boss!

Date: March 19, 2015 18:08

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree...how lovely are thy branches...

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 19, 2015 18:08

I am waiting.......i am waiting

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 19, 2015 18:10

ironbelly
C'mon. they did not promise the announcement THIS Thursday.

True, true. I think maybe it was sort of implied though, with all the hashtags and billboards.

Posted by: pygmytwylyte ()
Date: March 19, 2015 18:10

Emotional Rollercoaster

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 19, 2015 18:11

6s7s9s
Sweet Tour Con

There was a memo...

Date: March 19, 2015 18:12

MisterDDDD
6s7s9s
Sweet Tour Con

There was a memo...

From Turner?

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: March 19, 2015 18:13

It's still early in the day, and those reports of announcements @ 8:30 or 11:30am weren't from "concrete" sources, were they? Keeping my fingers crossed for good news (Summerfest!) today.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-19 18:47 by Plink.

Posted by: fadeaway13 ()
Date: March 19, 2015 18:13

FormerPromoMan
fadeaway13
No Announcement.

[www.jsonline.com]

Yeah, waiting sucks - but after the debacle with sales for the Dead shows in Chicago, I can see why they may have wanted to postpone if the ticket merchant isn't ready for another high volume onslaught. Nothing would be worse than selecting tickets and being ready to pull the trigger, only to have the site crash. Or even worse than that - getting the old "We cannot process your request at this time" after a 10 minute wait (Happened to me just last week for Dylan tickets).

My finger has arthritis from hitting refresh today. BLAH

Date: March 19, 2015 18:14

If that cat doesn't stop it man....

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: March 19, 2015 18:15

this was about 2 hours ago in the US:

[www.jsonline.com]

a spokeswoman replied, "There is no announcement scheduled at this time. When we have information will of course let you know."

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: March 19, 2015 18:16

Someone has a ban wish...OT: we aer all nuts

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: March 19, 2015 18:16

you can tell me what you want, but something went wrong.
satisfaction on thursday... they put these things out because they were sure to do the announcement today. that's it.
now, they will do it next thursday or any thursday, this is for sure.
but i think that some promoters are thinking 100 times before to sign. at the end there wil be a tour and i think the stones will sell out almost every concert, but still, it is not like organising normal tour..

Date: March 19, 2015 18:17

What if it was just a big Internet hoax?

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: March 19, 2015 18:21

massmick
flacnvinyl
massmick
Louisville Drake?

damn how do man?
memories of Churchill still exist in my noggin....watta time....never saw women guzzle bourbon like that....you were a great city host bro...forever thankful!

Thats our town brother! I would do it again in a heartbeat. So pumped about getting to kick it with fellow IORRers in other cities!

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: March 19, 2015 18:22

FormerPromoMan
fadeaway13
No Announcement.

[www.jsonline.com]

I am not buying the ticket merchant excuse as the reason for the delay. That was simple PR 101 speak. There is always some "hot" act selling tickets with uber demand.

It is quite apparent that many markets are trying to nail them down to play in their venues this year. With 10s of millions of dollars up for grabs and the change from some of the earlier rumor smaller venues to the newer rumor larger venues, its quite obvious that they are seeking the most money, in front of the largest amount of ticket buyers.

So the are constantly needing to go back to the drawing board with their logistics to make the most within their own defined parameters.

Which is what is going on now. Thus the cause of the delay in the announcement. They are not going to announce until it is all sorted out and all the pennies are accounted for.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 19, 2015 18:22

stickyfingers101
this was about 2 hours ago in the US:

[www.jsonline.com]

a spokeswoman replied, "There is no announcement scheduled at this time. When we have information will of course let you know."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: March 19, 2015 18:23

Please delete the quotes. It's worse than Pollstar listing all the bands for each city on the Van's Warped Tour.

Date: March 19, 2015 18:24

@OneHourPhoto

Eh, you're probably right. I still don't fault them for that. But I will say they should do something soon while the fire is red hot. If they would've started selling tickets right after they put those billboards up, I would've been in for about 5 more shows than I really am going to attend.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-19 18:25 by FormerPromoMan.

Date: March 19, 2015 18:24

FormerPromoMan
fadeaway13
No Announcement.

[www.jsonline.com]

this happened to me on the first day of U2 sales....tickets up..selected...push send....crash. By the time it came back up everything was gone....quick.Sorry sir nothing we can do for you

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...115116117118119120121122123124125...LastNext
Current Page: 120 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1720
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home