Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...108109110111112113114115116117118...LastNext
Current Page: 113 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Date: March 18, 2015 22:49

paulorrenato
Is there any possibility that tomorrow they announce the South American tour ?

No

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: March 18, 2015 22:53

GAFF
bv
Please see the latest updates in the tour dates list, and hurry for hotel rooms, they go very high now as we speak, because local press have snapped up dates too:

[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf, does this mean the cities are finalized or might SLC or Seattle still have a chance? Thanks for all of your insight!

Just booked Columbus. Two nights, two miles from the stadium. For less than one night in Chicago ten miles from the United Center or Soldier. And it's cancelable.

Thanks, BV.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 18, 2015 22:54

Milwaukee wins the venue lottery, looking at the list. A 25,000 amphitheater sounds more enticing to me than a 80,000 stadium (not that I'll be there).

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 18, 2015 22:58

I'm shuffling off to Buffalo…...

Posted by: jkundl ()
Date: March 18, 2015 23:00

Hi I'm new member here and always loved The Rolling Stones and I own about almost all the CD's they have made and working on my vinyl collection. Either way, I'm excited about the Stones coming back to Dallas/Arlington, TX and this'll be my 1st Stones Show. But here's my question, are they gonna do the $85 dollar lucky dip tickets again?

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: March 18, 2015 23:02

I wonder where the Sticky Fingers rumor came from also. I plan on going to a couple of shows regardless. But to me the big draw is to hear all of Sticky Fingers. I sure as hell don't want to go to LA, spend $5 to $7k and hang out for a show that doesn't play Sticky Fingers in its entirety.

Posted by: Shine A Light ()
Date: March 18, 2015 23:03

jkundl
Hi I'm new member here and always loved The Rolling Stones and I own about almost all the CD's they have made and working on my vinyl collection. Either way, I'm excited about the Stones coming back to Dallas/Arlington, TX and this'll be my 1st Stones Show. But here's my question, are they gonna do the $85 dollar lucky dip tickets again?

At this point, we can only hope. Should know more as the tour dates are confirmed and the pre-sales start. Time will tell.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: March 18, 2015 23:09

I'm guessing every show will contain the Sticky Fingers warhorses ('Sugar, Bitch, Wild Horses) and then alternate some, but not all, of the rest. "Dead Flowers," "CYHMK" and "Sway" perhaps. 4-5 songs total. The rest of the set will be much like they've been doing since 2012.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: March 18, 2015 23:15

Shine A Light
jkundl

At this point, we can only hope. Should know more as the tour dates are confirmed and the pre-sales start. Time will tell.

Welcome aboard, Shine A Light!

Maybe this time they don't, because in stadiums the ticket prices will be more moderate that during the last US tour. But it would be good if they do it nonetheless, no question. Ad maybe they will!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-18 23:16 by waterrats.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 18, 2015 23:20

Seattle or Salt Lake City rumoured for Wednesday May 27. Just a rumour, they need to get the trucks to Ohio but it should be possible with such a stopover, also a great pleasure for fans in the area. We will see tomorrow, the info is too vague to be put on the list as per now.

Bjornulf

Date: March 18, 2015 23:20

Well either way they wanted $600 for tongue PIT Tickets for 50 & Counting tour. Guess I'll be going up to WinStar or Choctaw to get Stone Ticket Money!

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: March 18, 2015 23:21

Aquamarine
Milwaukee wins the venue lottery, looking at the list. A 25,000 amphitheater sounds more enticing to me than a 80,000 stadium (not that I'll be there).

Aquamarine, At first glance it looks that way. I then tried to find out how many seats they actually have. I could not find it any where I think when they say 25000 that includes the lawn which is a nice way of saying standing room. I do know the the red and yellow sections are under the roof and then the bleacher section followed by the lawn are not.

Im sure a member here does know the true seating capacity.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: March 18, 2015 23:37

For the big outdoor stadiums they should just charge $40 a ticket. The big Rolling Stones "Give Back." I bet you it will be the same stage from 2014 so their costs are not going to be that high.

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: March 18, 2015 23:41

bv
Seattle or Salt Lake City rumoured for Wednesday May 27. Just a rumour, they need to get the trucks to Ohio but it should be possible with such a stopover, also a great pleasure for fans in the area. We will see tomorrow, the info is too vague to be put on the list as per now.

Thank you, Bjornulf!

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: March 18, 2015 23:41

So no concert between may 24th and 30th? 6 days gap between the First 2 gigs?

Date: March 18, 2015 23:42

Wish the stones would play at the Cotton Bowl when they come to Dallas like in 1981

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: March 18, 2015 23:42

rbk
I'm guessing every show will contain the Sticky Fingers warhorses ('Sugar, Bitch, Wild Horses) and then alternate some, but not all, of the rest. "Dead Flowers," "CYHMK" and "Sway" perhaps. 4-5 songs total. The rest of the set will be much like they've been doing since 2012.

This is what I expect, a 4-5 song SF mini-set and it will be fantastic. If they manage to notch it up a little from that the show will be a grand slam in my book!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-18 23:43 by Woz.

Posted by: Shine A Light ()
Date: March 18, 2015 23:46

waterrats
Shine A Light
jkundl

Welcome aboard, Shine A Light!

Maybe this time they don't, because in stadiums the ticket prices will be more moderate that during the last US tour. But it would be good if they do it nonetheless, no question. Ad maybe they will![/quote

Thanks, i have been a member here for 8 years, just dont post much. This website helped us with information when we travelled to Europe in 2007 for the Bigger Bang Tour. Looking forward to a fantastic Stones summer

Posted by: GPerel ()
Date: March 18, 2015 23:47

Do you think the band will play more than 19 songs ? Like they did in the US two years ago...

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 18, 2015 23:56

Big Questions will be answered tomorrow:

1) Will it be June 12 or 13 in Orlando?

2) Is Raleigh a done deal?

3) What will be the Stage Configuration, which will affect ticket choices?

4) What will pricing be?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-19 00:00 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 18, 2015 23:57

bv

Oh, thank you thank you, Bv! thumbs up

Posted by: Jdaunt ()
Date: March 19, 2015 00:16

Haven't seen this anywhere else, but a DJ on Detroit's classic rock radio station posted on his Facebook that the announcement has been postponed 2 weeks. Hope it's not true.

Posted by: vibrolux ()
Date: March 19, 2015 00:21

Well, if it goes as it looks right now, that's just one show west of Texas out of 15. Even if Seattle gets 6/27, that's only two out of 15.

Still hopin'...

Posted by: Nsantoro ()
Date: March 19, 2015 00:23

I'm 20 years old and I have shared my family's love of the Stones for all my life. I remember rocking to Satisfaction many years ago and Flip the Switch when it came out in 1997. I'm from the NYC/NJ area and I would have loved to be at Newark or Brooklyn in 2012 but I could not afford it. Luckily I was able to see my first concert in Philly 2013 and it was the best experience of my life. Now it seems that NYC/NJ is going to be passed over again in this tour. Any word why if we'll get a MetLife or Forest Hills show?

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: March 19, 2015 00:25

So many questions!?! Will be answered tomorrow! Very Fn exciting! Probablly not at 8:30am EDT as reported though. Even us old folks are too proud to admit that we are always up and the day is half over by this time! lol 8:30pm is closer to RnR time..

Posted by: aftergeography ()
Date: March 19, 2015 00:26

Yeah the local Nashville station's report mentioned something about a postponed…"A source who has been briefed on the postponement says “the local show will proceed, but the announcement of the national tour has been postponed.”

Posted by: Jordan ()
Date: March 19, 2015 00:27

Would be pretty silly to postpone it at this point, after all the media coverage recently

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: March 19, 2015 00:30

Cant imagine being 4years old when the last brand new songs like Flip the Switch came out. too funny. Glad ur a fan Nsantoro.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 19, 2015 00:30

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – The Rolling Stones are coming to Nashville, according to a source familiar with the legendary group’s plans for an upcoming tour, but the announcement of an announcement appear to be a bit premature.

Earlier today, the mayor indicated an announcement about a Nashville stop would be made at 11 a.m. on Thursday at LP Field.

Wednesday afternoon his office has confirmed that it will now be re-scheduled at a later date.

A source who has been briefed on the postponement says “the local show will proceed, but the announcement of the national tour has been postponed.”

The source indicated that “contracts have been signed” with the promoter to bring the Stones to LP Field at a date News 2 previously learned is Wednesday, June 17.

An issue with the nationwide promoter’s ticketing is being blamed for the delay.

[wkrn.com]

Bjornulf

Posted by: Donno34 ()
Date: March 19, 2015 00:32

Wander
Am I still a fool to cry for RED ROCKS?

I know I am.

But I'm keeping my fingers crossed....

But realize I may have to wait for South America, as I will be there this fall....

I think if Barry Fey was still with us we would be looking at 2 shows at Red Rocks. Can't believe the greatest rock and roll band in the world wouldn't want to play the greatest amphitheater in the world.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...108109110111112113114115116117118...LastNext
Current Page: 113 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1880
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home