Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...107108109110111112113114115116117...LastNext
Current Page: 112 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 18, 2015 19:50

drbryant
palerider22
I have no idea how having Taylor along subtracts from the mix...

Yeah, I keep posting this video because it's so incredibly persuasive. Here's Mick Taylor "subtracting from the mix" in an epic 14+ minute Midnight Rambler in the rain in Auckland last November.

Mt's so loud in the mix they sound like a three piece when he's soloing. In that sense he is subtracting from the mix....the other guitars. eye popping smiley But Ronnie's solo near the end does indeed remind me that Taylor is needed for such tasks.

The video also makes me think I enjoyed Taylor more when he was the "cold fish" on stage right, confident enough in his role that he didn't have to try to be a showman and could just concentrate on the music. Having seen him solo it's pretty apparent that his animated stage moves are just for the Stones benefit and they take away from his natural musicianship, imo.

peace

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: March 18, 2015 19:51

drbryant
MisterDDDD
drbryant
palerider22
I have no idea how having Taylor along subtracts from the mix...

Yeah, I keep posting this video because it's so incredibly persuasive. Here's Mick Taylor "subtracting from the mix" in an epic 14+ minute Midnight Rambler in the rain in Auckland last November. .

Yeah.. nobody ever said he couldn't play. And just like other guests he has talent.

They just said they love their Rolling Stones. A lot.
Sorry you're having trouble with that concept. And basic math.

My goodness, I am not sure what I said to elicit such a hurtful response. I can assure you I did not intend to offend or upset you. My apologies.
DDD is mean, he's only nice when he's saying something wrong.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: March 18, 2015 19:57

gotdablouse
flacnvinyl
BTW, one source has confirmed that the stage is going to be big. No word beyond that, just that it will be big. Wish I had more info beyond that. The waiting game is fun!

Big ? I can't imagine it would be very different from the one they slapped together for the Euro 2014 tour since they have nothing "new" to promote and only 15 shows are in the cards. I'd expect giant screens with some type of frame.

I was also wondering about how the stage might look. Remember they have another 15 possible shows in mind for South America this fall. What I liked more about the previous stages is that they are kind of presented in front of the big screens and creative work of the stage designer (who sadly passed away). Today they are actually more INSIDE the stage than in front of the stage because of it's roof. The previous stages were also much higher and you were able see the middle screen better if you were far away outdoors or in upper seats in a stadium. The return of a B-Stage would please everybody here, I think. But we don't know how much the Stones want to spend on this...

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 18, 2015 19:58

stonedbeggar
what time are they gonna announce the tour?

I heard it's gonna be 8:30 AM Eastern time

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 18, 2015 20:00

Yeah.. nobody ever said he couldn't play. And just like other guests he has talent.

They just said they love their Rolling Stones. A lot.
Sorry you're having trouble with that concept. And basic math.[/quote]

My goodness, I am not sure what I said to elicit such a hurtful response. I can assure you I did not intend to offend or upset you. My apologies.[/quote] DDD is mean, he's only nice when he's saying something wrong.[/quote]

Apologies accepted and also extended.

Honestly, with D&G's personal attacks I thought yours was the same.

I tried to explain how some of us felt MT was a subtraction, and related understanding the other point of view, only to be met with... more attacks rather than common ground.
D&G is not only upset with the tour and the players and the cities and the...

Sorry I got defensive and caught up in his negativity..

Posted by: FormerPromoMan ()
Date: March 18, 2015 20:06

I'd just like to point out how lucky we are to be getting any shows at all this year, given the amount of tragedy that hit the band last year. Between L'wren Scott and Bobby Keys' tragic deaths, I know I don't think I could do it. This may be one time I'd give them a pass for charging high ticket prices. The money would be only a minor compensation given the circumstances, but there is that.

tweedamp3
closer to 96th.

Nominate this for the most cryptic post of the year!

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: March 18, 2015 20:14

timbernardis
jboug44
PaintitBlue
Um...is that a bloomin GOLF COURSE in the middle of the Indie track??

Yes it is. Kind of helps with the perspective of how huge the place actually is.

But it looks like it is only a four hole golf course.

p

There used to be 9 holes inside the track and the other 9 outside. Now, 14 holes are outside of the track.

Brickyard Crossing is a very nice course that has hosted a number of tournaments and celebrity events.

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: March 18, 2015 20:16

stonedbeggar
what time are they gonna announce the tour?

Depends on where you are on this planet.

Dispatch.com says the announcement is at 8:30 am

That's EST, then, right? Translate that 2 your timezone for instance by the help of timebie.com.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-18 20:17 by waterrats.

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: March 18, 2015 20:21

I was wondering that with the course visiable outside the track...so I am assuming there is a tunnel underneath the track..how f'in cool is that. Love to play that course...too bad Stu wansnt still around he would too I am sure.

Posted by: UKRod ()
Date: March 18, 2015 20:22

Thanks for posting the Auckland Vid. Not seen that one before as there is a huge amount of material now circulating after the 2014 on Fire Tour, including my 6 acquired bootlegs...ahem....

I thought Taylor was pretty good here and did not get the feeling he was swamping or subtracting from the others. I'm just happy to see him back in action with the Stones on stage. Caught him at Hyde Park, London in 2013 and it blew me away - pity he couldn't be in the lineup for every song, along with Ronnie, is my feeling.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 18, 2015 20:31

The mayor of Nashville will be at LP Field tomorrow to confirm the Nashville gig. Funny guy:

[wkrn.com]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 18, 2015 20:40

FormerPromoMan
tweedamp3

closer to 96th.

The 'closer to 96th.' belongs to this post: [www.iorr.org] .

Date: March 18, 2015 20:44

Irix
FormerPromoMan
tweedamp3

closer to 96th.

The 'closer to 96th.' belongs to this post: [www.iorr.org] .

Oooooooooooook....that makes more sense! I swear I tried to find some connection there but missed it. I was thinking "What is this: The title of the new Stones single possibly????? Closer To 96th Nervous Breakdown????"

Date: March 18, 2015 20:49

DeanGoodman
The mayor of Nashville will be at LP Field tomorrow to confirm the Nashville gig. Funny guy:

[wkrn.com]

So apparently it's not at Vanderbilt stadium as listed in the current schedule.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 18, 2015 20:50

FormerPromoMan
tweedamp3

closer to 96th.

I was thinking "What is this: The title of the new Stones single possibly????? Closer To 96th Nervous Breakdown????"

The name of the new Tour .... winking smiley

Date: March 18, 2015 20:58

Irix
FormerPromoMan
tweedamp3

closer to 96th.

I was thinking "What is this: The title of the new Stones single possibly????? Closer To 96th Nervous Breakdown????"

Nice! I dig it!

BV - could we adjust the tour page accordingly to reflect the new name of the tour? Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-18 21:02 by FormerPromoMan.

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: March 18, 2015 21:07

Are they any stadium in the Tourlist have a closed roof ?

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: March 18, 2015 21:11

rbk
Getting in and out of Indianapolis Motor Speedway is a pain in the arse. Or at least it was 25 years ago when I went down for a 500. Two hours to get in. Two hours to get out. Now, this is based on a crowd for the race of about 300,000. I'm guessing the Stones will perform to less than a third that number but still...

I doubt traffic/parking for this will be much of a problem. There is a huge amount of parking space available on the north and northwest side of the track (to the left and bottom left of the track as shown in the aerial photos) and Indy knows how to handle crowds and traffic for big events. This concert will be small relative to the big race events. I was at every F1 Indy race in the 2000s and I was always impressed with traffic control and how fast I could get away after the races.

There are negatives associated with a concert here, but traffic/parking should not be a significant problem.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: March 18, 2015 21:22

Santa Clara removed from list.angry smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 18, 2015 21:50

"It looks like Indy will get some Satisfaction. Billboards signal a Rolling Stones return: [www.indystar.com]

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Stones726 ()
Date: March 18, 2015 21:52

mosthigh
Santa Clara removed from list.angry smiley

Yah, just saw that. Looks like Raleigh won this one..

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 18, 2015 21:52

Please see the latest updates in the tour dates list, and hurry for hotel rooms, they go very high now as we speak, because local press have snapped up dates too:

[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: Wander ()
Date: March 18, 2015 21:58

Am I still a fool to cry for RED ROCKS?

I know I am.

But I'm keeping my fingers crossed....

But realize I may have to wait for South America, as I will be there this fall....

Posted by: HotStuff92 ()
Date: March 18, 2015 22:26

Hello IORR! I'm a long-time lurker and a first-time poster. I am hoping to go to the Columbus show, and was curious how long you all think it will be before tickets sell out after they go on sale. I won't be able to purchase during any pre-sales, and was hoping I'll still have a chance to score tickets.

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: March 18, 2015 22:27

Any more rumours about the Milwaukee date and venue .Am travelling from Wales and have booked a hotel for Summerfest . Another option would be to fly to Kansas City for a couple of days ,and come back for the rest of Summerfest ...Cheers for any info.....

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: March 18, 2015 22:29

Irix
FormerPromoMan
tweedamp3

closer to 96th.

one thing that wont happen[and i 100% promise this] is anything to do with sticky fingers.there WILL NOT be a show where they play the entire sticky fingers album and there will not be any mention of the album in the tour name.

the reason for this is that it started out as an idea someone had on a fansite-then what passes for a "journalist" these days picked up on it and printed it-then the fansites started saying"its been reported".

so all of you guys doing stories for the local news and tv-try developing connections in the business and calling them to report a story[you know, actually doing your job] instead of being lazy and clicking on a fansite for your info.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: March 18, 2015 22:32

Spotted this morning on Interstate 8 & Mission Gorge Road in San Diego today!

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: March 18, 2015 22:32

bv
Please see the latest updates in the tour dates list, and hurry for hotel rooms, they go very high now as we speak, because local press have snapped up dates too:

[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf, does this mean the cities are finalized or might SLC or Seattle still have a chance? Thanks for all of your insight!

Posted by: paulorrenato ()
Date: March 18, 2015 22:46

Is there any possibility that tomorrow they announce the South American tour ?

Posted by: bigpond ()
Date: March 18, 2015 22:48

bv

[www.iorr.org]
just booked the Quebec City Hilton! Thanks BV. Here's Hoping thumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...107108109110111112113114115116117...LastNext
Current Page: 112 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1776
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home