Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...106107108109110111112113114115116...LastNext
Current Page: 111 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: March 18, 2015 17:52

Hairball
For those who believe Taylor subtracts from the Rolling Stones experience - you've lost your mind.

F'n A.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 18, 2015 17:57

Summergirl
MisterDDDD
DoomandGloom
I paid 2.59 in NY today but gas is cheaper near the fracking states...I gave Brussels and Love you Live a good listen in my long day of driving. I thought about what I really want as a fan and that is; I hope everybody that wants to, will get their shot seeing them once more. I had my shows, Brooklyn, Boston, Philly, Cutting Room and managed to do it for less than 400 bucks, I don't want to be greedy. I did pick a perfect screen name for my lousy disposition, I love the people's passion here at IORR and don't want to be seen as the guy who wants failure for the band and fans I share this love for the music with..

Well said.
These shows will be amazing and the places for different reasons.The one common denominator though will be the amazing people we will all meet and the amazing music we will all witness... Again.

Perfectly stated MisterDDDD!!!

Agreed. Without BV's updates this thread lends itself to BS quite frankly. This is going to be a great fun summer tour. It deserves to be outside in the sweet summer sun!!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 18, 2015 17:58

Kurt
TiminIndy
Just saw this on Twitter - pretty freaking cool:

Looks like its the "STEEL WHEELS TOUR" again...
cool smiley

I want the Indy tee shirt now….haha

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 18, 2015 18:01

I'm sure you can understand the anti-Taylor sentiment, if you try.[/quote]

Please try and be more condescending. I'm not sure you've talked down enough to Palerider.[/quote]

Nonsense.

I was honestly trying to answer what looked to be a serious reply stating that they really couldn't understand the concept of Taylor detracting from the band.
No snarkiness, no condenscending-ness, just though an honest perspective.

Sheesh.

Posted by: pcovin ()
Date: March 18, 2015 18:04

MisterDDDD
palerider22
I have no idea how having Taylor along subtracts from the mix...

It's easy to comprehend if you give it an honest try.

For example, if I give it an honest try, I can totally understand how people would want the Taylor from forty years ago to reclaim his spot, so to speak, with the band.

To do so, of course one of the others would have to give up playing time..
(most likely Ronnie).. For me that's not a trade I'm willing to make.

Think of it this way, if Gary Clark Jr., who has mass guitar skills, was asked to sit in for an entire concert or tour, and the spotlight went to him rather than a Rolling Stone through-out...

I'm sure you can understand the anti-Taylor sentiment, if you try.

Not necessarily. Taylor is another guitar (and a damn good one at that) who can weave with Keef and Ronnie. He doesn't take away playing time from either, in my mind. Would I expect Ron to play the solo on Miss You and Mick play the solo on CYHMK? You bet. I think he strengthens the sound and adds a piece of the Stones' history back to the puzzle.

Posted by: debs ()
Date: March 18, 2015 18:04

lov it

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: March 18, 2015 18:07

spidey9
a bigger nut
palerider22
Rolling Stones Tour Sticky Fingers...(includes dates last time each song was played)

Sticky Fingers Tour

"The paper goes on to say that the dates will be announced next week (they were originally rumored to be coming this week)"

Next week ??confused smiley

Sloppy writing - the story in the UT San Diego that the article is referencing is datelined March 14 - last Saturday, at which time Thursday would have been "next week."

Ah, OK.
Already Thursday in far east.>grinning smiley<
C'moooooon !!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 18, 2015 18:07

Although this is a stadium oriented tour, I'm sure every effort will be made to make it fan freindly. At a cost.

Before purchasing any tickets it would be wise (just as the last 40 years) to know Stage configuration,position and stadium dimensions.

We need to know the stage set-up -if anyone knows please chime in.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 18, 2015 18:11

flacnvinyl
BTW, one source has confirmed that the stage is going to be big. No word beyond that, just that it will be big. Wish I had more info beyond that. The waiting game is fun!

Big ? I can't imagine it would be very different from the one they slapped together for the Euro 2014 tour since they have nothing "new" to promote and only 15 shows are in the cards. I'd expect giant screens with some type of frame.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-18 18:35 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: indystonesfan ()
Date: March 18, 2015 18:12

flacnvinyl
@flilflam - I was there for the Churchill Downs gig. (Bootlegged it too!) The gig was a blast, but that depended greatly where you were positioned. All of us out in the field had a blast. I was directly under the main PA stacks stage left. Perfect sound, a bit bass-heavy, but loud n clear. I took a buddy who had never seen them before and he was easily converted. Other friends had tickets all of ther place and most had a great time. A few folks were far off to the sides and I heard terrible things about the sound. Sorry to hear about your experience!

Regarding Indy and the stage placement... the stage will be BETWEEN turn 3 and 4.

If the stage is between turn 3 and turn 4 to maximize the crowd then I may not be going to this show. Looking at the photo (thanks for posting it) does not give you a sense of how big the track it in reality- Indy is BIG.

I'm getting too old for that size of a crowd in an outdoor track but who knows. Maybe I'll wait and see what the weather does on show day.

Re: You May be Disappointed at Indianapolis Speedway
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 18, 2015 18:25

flilflam
In 2006, we went to Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky to see the Stones perform on the moving stage. The stage was located in the middle of this venue for horse racing. Looking to save money, we bought tickets just outside the further end of the location where the horses must make a sharp turn. It was the worst time I have ever had at a Stones concert.

We were only barely able to see the Stones and the stage from our seats. The volume was far too low, and the screen in front of us was undersized and about 100 yards away from us. The acoustics were lousy. Because Churchill Downs was unaccustomed to such large crowds, portable toilets were erected in the mud, and there were not nearly enough of them. The police seemed confused in how to deal with the huge numbers of people. On top of that, it rained hard for about half the concert. But weather is not the issue here. It was the way the seating was botched together to make seating for a rock concert. If there were others at this concert in 2006, please weigh in.

I am not trying to be negative about this great concert coming up. I would only advise that you get seats as close to the Stones as you can. If you cannot, you may want to go to a concert near Indy.

I was at Churchill Downs and was very lucky because that is the one show on that tour where I bought "on stage" seats that were basically behind the band - but it protected me from the pouring rain and wind. From my vantage point I could see that the dimensions of the venue were not ideal. The stage was outside he track, facing the stands, and there was a huge gap between the stage and the front row because I guess they didn't want people on the track. The seats on the turns were way over to the side - I assume thT's where you were - and must have had terrible sight lines. I think it was a pretty good performance by the Stones, but I think Churchill Downs was an idea that was better on paper than in practice.

The promising thing about Indianapolis is that they have a lot more room to play with, and the track itself, being a hard surface, can probably be used for spectator seating as well. They aren't dealing with the kinds of limitations they had at Churchill Downs. But I agree that once you get outside of standard venues, it's a risk.

Posted by: ajduffel83 ()
Date: March 18, 2015 18:27

[wkrn.com]

The local news channel has Nashville as Wednesday 6/17 instead of 6/10. Tomorrow cannot get here fast enough!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-18 18:33 by ajduffel83.

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: March 18, 2015 18:34

Um...is that a bloomin GOLF COURSE in the middle of the Indie track??

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 18, 2015 18:35

Nashville would be a great concert because everyone knows that the setlist would include country flavor. I was also thinking that Milwaukee would be a cool place to see the Stones.

In any event I need to know if Raleigh is in play (Go Wolfpack) and if Orlando is on june 12 (Fri) or June (13) Sat...

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: March 18, 2015 18:35

ajduffel83
[wkrn.com]

The local news channel has Nashville as Wednesday 6/17 instead of 6/10. Tomorrow cannot get here fast enough!

interesting, maybe they swap that and atlanta dates, or maybe it all different. Guess we'll know tomorrow

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: March 18, 2015 18:37

Just saw on the local news here in Colorado a report about the Stones tour announcement tomorrow and they mentioned Red Rocks as one of the possible dates, is this still a possibility?

Date: March 18, 2015 18:40

palerider22

Yeah, I keep posting this video because it's so incredibly persuasive. Here's Mick Taylor "subtracting from the mix" in an epic 14+ minute Midnight Rambler in the rain in Auckland last November.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-18 18:40 by drbryant.

Posted by: jboug44 ()
Date: March 18, 2015 18:46

PaintitBlue

Yes it is. Kind of helps with the perspective of how huge the place actually is.

Re: You May be Disappointed at Indianapolis Speedway
Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: March 18, 2015 18:47

drbryant

The promising thing about Indianapolis is that they have a lot more room to play with, and the track itself, being a hard surface, can probably be used for spectator seating as well.

I seriously doubt they will allow people on the track surface. First, the turns are significantly banked and old, drunk people would be sure to fall. Second, there is a NASCAR race there 3 weeks after this show and they won't want spills or other damage to the asphalt.

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 18, 2015 18:51

drbryant
palerider22

Yeah, I keep posting this video because it's so incredibly persuasive. Here's Mick Taylor "subtracting from the mix" in an epic 14+ minute Midnight Rambler in the rain in Auckland last November.

Yeah.. nobody ever said he couldn't play. And just like other guests he has talent.

They just said they love their Rolling Stones. A lot.
Sorry you're having trouble with that concept. And basic math.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-18 18:52 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 18, 2015 19:04

I notice the official Stones website has a new look. No new content yet but the background has changed. I am guessing that tomorrow the news and tour pages will change, minutes after the tour announcement.

peace

Posted by: stonedbeggar ()
Date: March 18, 2015 19:06

what time are they gonna announce the tour?

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: March 18, 2015 19:06

Naturalust
I notice the official Stones website has a new look. No new content yet but the background has changed. I am guessing that tomorrow the news and tour pages will change, minutes after the tour announcement.

peace

i posted here days ago, and the change of look its because the Taschen Book, indeed they posted in FB official page...

Date: March 18, 2015 19:07

ajduffel83
[wkrn.com]

Yes and, by the way, the other large white building is the race museum. You access the "complex" through underground tunnels that take you beneath the track. Drive or walk through while the race are running and it's thunderous.

Date: March 18, 2015 19:10

jboug44
Regarding Indy, if they do it at IMS I believe the stage will be in turn 4, not turn 3 like some are hearing. Turn 4 is where they do the Carb day concert and Legends day concerts now before the Indy 500. Last year Jason Aldean had almost 50,000 people there and it went very well. If they do it in turn 3, that eliminates a lot of the close by parking that is great at IMS. For those concerts it was mostly GA, with pit passes as well, along with some temporary bleacher type seats close and to the sides of the stages for people to sit. The red X in the pic is where the stage was and the arrow the way it faces.

Actually, the museum is the black roof box of buildings to the right next to the golf course. The other builders are garages, suites, offices, and the famous Pagoda tower for press and entertaining track side.

Also, I agree with the other comments that they won't want anyone on the track surface in the turns. It is steep and difficult to walk on.

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: March 18, 2015 19:21

I posted this about 20 pages back, but this picture helps illustrate the size of the IMS, which is 560 acres (227 ha):

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Posted by: tnhybrid ()
Date: March 18, 2015 19:27

Re: Nashville - U2 played Vanderbilt Stadium back in 2011 and we drank plenty of booze! So perhaps they've relaxed that rule.

Issue is, Nashville has grown A LOT in the last few years, with traffic near-impassable in many parts of town most of the time - including and especially Vanderbilt near West End Avenue. Personally I'm glad to see this at LP, even tho it'll be huge - you can actually get in and out of the parking lot over there with 1000s of people. Plus, it's right near downtown, so people will enjoy the Lower Broad experience as well I'm sure.

Just a note: if you're even thinking of traveling to Nash from out of town, reserve a hotel room now now now. That is high tourism season and the rooms will sell out in seconds once the date goes live on local media.

Date: March 18, 2015 19:35

MisterDDDD
drbryant
palerider22

Yeah, I keep posting this video because it's so incredibly persuasive. Here's Mick Taylor "subtracting from the mix" in an epic 14+ minute Midnight Rambler in the rain in Auckland last November. .

Yeah.. nobody ever said he couldn't play. And just like other guests he has talent.

They just said they love their Rolling Stones. A lot.
Sorry you're having trouble with that concept. And basic math.

My goodness, I am not sure what I said to elicit such a hurtful response. I can assure you I did not intend to offend or upset you. My apologies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-18 19:36 by drbryant.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 18, 2015 19:40

jboug44
PaintitBlue

Yes it is. Kind of helps with the perspective of how huge the place actually is.

But it looks like it is only a four hole golf course.

p

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: March 18, 2015 19:45

gotdablouse
flacnvinyl
BTW, one source has confiranniversary t the stage is going to be big. No word beyond that, just that it will be big. Wish I had more info beyond that. The waiting game is fun!

Big ? I can't imagine it would be very different from the one they slapped together for the Euro 2014 tour since they have nothing "new" to promote and only 15 shows are in the cards. I'd expect giant screens with some type of frame.

Agreed, the stage for 14 on Fire was no "Voodo Lounge". The 50th anniversary stage was much better. Hopefully they come up with a new name for this tour as well.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...106107108109110111112113114115116...LastNext
Current Page: 111 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1985
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home