Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...103104105106107108109110111112113...LastNext
Current Page: 108 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: forsure ()
Date: March 18, 2015 03:44

orlando sentinal saying the show is 6/12, not 6/13

[www.orlandosentinel.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 18, 2015 04:07

forsure

Confirmation that all rumored dates aren't 100% confirmed (or perhaps the Sentinal is wrong).

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: March 18, 2015 04:16

Rolling Stones Tour Sticky Fingers...(includes dates last time each song was played)

Sticky Fingers Tour

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-18 04:18 by palerider22.

Re: Nokia shows
Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: March 18, 2015 04:19

Dan
jomo297
Plink
BluzDude
donvis
...Does anyone think the Nokia Sticky Fingers Shows will have tickets for sale to the public...

...It may depend on which Nokia venue they use. The large one holds 7100 and the small one holds 2300, maybe less with all their equipment...

I've been following this thread diligently, but the assumption that the small Sticky Fingers LA area gig(s?) will be held at one of the Nokia venues mentioned above is news to me. Will someone please cite the source of this info?

I don't know where it started, but if it's being filmed, there is no way it would be in the smaller venue. The sight lines are terrible in there. On the floor, there are lots of columns that block views if you are more than halfway back. The larger one is great for shooting.

Some concerts filmed at Club Nokia have been broadcast on Axs TV. I haven't actually watched any of them however. But I agree it's a horrible venue. Been inside maybe 4 times.

Agreed. Club Nokia is an awful venue. It has lousy acoustics and it's like there is an invisible barrier between the stage and the crowd. It's modelled exactly after the smaller O2 venue in London, which is also terrible. The Nokia Theatre would work much better for filming.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 18, 2015 04:22

forsure

In which case, Nashville would have to be June 9, not June 10 (which still gives them 3 days' break after Dallas/June 3)

PS. I like this line in the article's comments section (which does speak to a major problem with the timing of this tour): At this point in my life they're the only band I'd risk getting heat stroke for.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-18 04:28 by DeanGoodman.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: March 18, 2015 04:25

palerider22
Rolling Stones Tour Sticky Fingers...(includes dates last time each song was played)

Sticky Fingers Tour

"The paper goes on to say that the dates will be announced next week (they were originally rumored to be coming this week)"

Next week ??confused smiley

Date: March 18, 2015 04:34

Hairball
forsure

Confirmation that all rumored dates aren't 100% confirmed (or perhaps the Sentinal is wrong).

There is a soccer game at the Citrus Bowl that Sunday so Friday may be likely to allow for enough clean-up time.

Posted by: Sandy Beach ()
Date: March 18, 2015 04:38

Orlando 6-12

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 18, 2015 05:47

The announcement IS this Thursday at 8:30 AM Eastern Time, right?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 18, 2015 06:06

stones2000

It better be with all those billboard teasers..

Vancouver/Seattle still being rumored despite the lack of a billboard..

I'm still hoping for one, but am planning on the SD opener and then hopefully next one close to home.... Could happen...

Posted by: jomo297 ()
Date: March 18, 2015 06:07

John&Trish
Just got back from Regal Theater in Lancaster, PA. 3 Short clips in between coming attractions were shots of the Rolling Stones jet, message COMING SOON, Start Me Up playing in background. Very cool!

Wonder if this means they'll be broadcasting the special Sticky Fingers show in movie theaters.

Posted by: Sam4741 ()
Date: March 18, 2015 06:29

Does BV renaming the 14 On Fire Tour news link "15 On Fire" confirm the new tour name or is that temporary?

Date: March 18, 2015 06:39

MisterDDDD
stones2000

It better be with all those billboard teasers..

Vancouver/Seattle still being rumored despite the lack of a billboard..

I'm still hoping for one, but am planning on the SD opener and then hopefully next one close to home.... Could happen...

Yeah, SD is my backup plan too. But I'm hoping for somewhere closer. Bv referenced Seattle or Salt Lake City. Seattle I could just hop a ferry to, and Salt Lake City is a perfect road trip. It sounds like you and I have a similar plan/wishlist smiling smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 18, 2015 07:01

The hashtag #SatisfactionThursday on [www.justakissaway.rocks] has been taken out:

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: March 18, 2015 07:07

Raleigh will be a great show...I've seen them in every NC show since '75, except for Durham in 05....every show was smoking hot. Last show at Carter Finley, Keith mentioned our 'beautiful Carolina moon'. I, for one, am excited they did not skip the Tarheel state this time around.

Date: March 18, 2015 07:25

Cristiano Radtke
The hashtag #SatisfactionThursday on [www.justakissaway.rocks] has been taken out:

Well surely the announcement's still Thursday confused smiley

Date: March 18, 2015 07:32

stones2000
Cristiano Radtke

Well surely the announcement's still Thursday confused smiley

It probably doesn't mean too much, but you never know when we're talking about the Stones. Especially on a time like this, when a tour announcement is being expected. winking smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 18, 2015 07:36

"Yeah, SD is my backup plan too. But I'm hoping for somewhere closer. Bv referenced Seattle or Salt Lake City. Seattle I could just hop a ferry to, and Salt Lake City is a perfect road trip. It sounds like you and I have a similar plan/wishlist smiling smiley[/quote]

If you plan on flying to SD, there is really inexpensive (< $150 round-trip) airfare out of Bellingham to SD. if you're unaware.. I'm going to fly in several days/week early to LA in hopes of catching rehearsals and/or a club gig...

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 18, 2015 07:49

The key is don't get frustrated and give up if tickets seem to sell out quickly. There will tickets available from many sources right up until the night of the show - these are large venues. Some may have to resort to resale sites, but if you are patient, my guess is that you will find reasonably priced seats. The initial on-sale is dominated by scalpers, unfortunately. For an example, take a look at the Stubhub page for Eric Clapton's concerts at Madison Square Garden in May. The shows each have 2500 tickets available on Stubhub and the general sale hasn't even started!! Some of those tickets will sell at high prices to high income folks and to people who can't wait. Others will slowly come down in price.

Date: March 18, 2015 07:55

drbryant
The key is don't get frustrated and give up if tickets seem to sell out quickly. There will tickets available from many sources right up until the night of the show - these are large venues. Some may have to resort to resale sites, but if you are patient, my guess is that you will find reasonably priced seats. The initial on-sale is dominated by scalpers, unfortunately. For an example, take a look at the Stubhub page for Eric Clapton's concerts at Madison Square Garden in May. The shows each have 2500 tickets available on Stubhub and the general sale hasn't even started!! Some of those tickets will sell at high prices to high income folks and to people who can't wait. Others will slowly come down in price.

I agree with that. When I tried to get tickets for the O2 concerts in 2012 on the first minutes of the general sale, I couldn't get them and it were soon sold out. Some days later I was able to get tickets for the 2 concerts for the original price at ticketmaster. cool smiley

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: March 18, 2015 09:02

drbryant

It is quite likely that some of those tickets on stubhub(maybe as many as 1000) are from the Clapton camp themselves, Several acts are now doing this (Billy Joel's shows at MSG for one) and I could certainly imagine Clapton being one of them

Posted by: spidey9 ()
Date: March 18, 2015 09:08

a bigger nut
palerider22

Sticky Fingers Tour

"The paper goes on to say that the dates will be announced next week (they were originally rumored to be coming this week)"

Next week ??confused smiley

Sloppy writing - the story in the UT San Diego that the article is referencing is datelined March 14 - last Saturday, at which time Thursday would have been "next week."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-18 09:11 by spidey9.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 18, 2015 11:25

Sandy Beach
Orlando 6-12

I hope it is 6-13

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: March 18, 2015 11:37

DoomandGloom
PaintitBlue
geordiestone
I'll never see the Stones again, wracked with illness at only 40 but i'm excited and enthralled at whatever occurs in the next 2 days. I hope all IORRians who see them have a wonderful time. I LOVE THE ROLLING STONES!!!!

Very sorry to hear that geordiestone...but your attitude is immense! Best wishes Stones brother!
Best wishes, I hope your fortunes turn for the better, hopefully we'll get a sensational pay per view that will let us all enjoy this together,

...Love & Light, geordie! Here's to you - smileys with beer

Date: March 18, 2015 11:45

thisheartisconstant
Yes, 800 525 3355 is the AMEX code for preferred seating

'AmEx' is American Express (I figured that one out myself thumbs up winking smiley ); but to be absolutely clear about all this: there's no use for this 'code' if you ain't got an American Express card to pay your presale tickets with, right?

(P.S.: I'm really sorry if this is way too far up the "Bleedin' obvious Alley"; but in these days of Rolling Rock Pilsner tours & P*psi Cola lounges & United Airlines venues even an "American Express presale" could, in fact, go either way.

Bottom line: if you ain't got an AMEX card, you need to wait your turn - code or no code... right?

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: March 18, 2015 11:53

RoughJusticeOnYa...

I was asking myself the same question.
Can the code be used by everyone, or do you need to have an american express card?
And is it only AmEx customers that can use presale codes? No presale for the rest of us?

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: March 18, 2015 12:18

The Worst.
RoughJusticeOnYa...

I was asking myself the same question.
Can the code be used by everyone, or do you need to have an american express card?
And is it only AmEx customers that can use presale codes? No presale for the rest of us?

If the pre-sale is AMEX, then yes, you would need a card. Most of the times you don't even need a code, just pay for the tickets with an AMEX card. Just the code won't do you any good in this case.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 18, 2015 12:28

I've tried using a non-Amex card for the pre-sales before. It didn't work.

Date: March 18, 2015 12:29

...Was afraid so.
Thx, ohotos!

I'll get my coat, then.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 18, 2015 13:15

Can't one just apply for an AMEX card over the phone before tix go on sale? They will probably give you a card number at that time.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...103104105106107108109110111112113...LastNext
Current Page: 108 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1807
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home