Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...102103104105106107108109110111112...LastNext
Current Page: 107 of 168
Re: Nokia shows
Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: March 18, 2015 00:17

Plink
BluzDude
donvis
...Does anyone think the Nokia Sticky Fingers Shows will have tickets for sale to the public...

...It may depend on which Nokia venue they use. The large one holds 7100 and the small one holds 2300, maybe less with all their equipment...

I've been following this thread diligently, but the assumption that the small Sticky Fingers LA area gig(s?) will be held at one of the Nokia venues mentioned above is news to me. Will someone please cite the source of this info?[/quote)

I'm guessing this is based on the fact that AEG owns Club Nokia.

Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: March 18, 2015 00:18

For the europeans here it will be very expensive....cause of the exchange rate right?

I hope i can travel to the Tour, but depends on my budget.

My plan will be Raleigh, Indy, Detroit and Buffalo......if its possible or parts of these locations

Ideas will be welcome......thanks folks

Posted by: jomo297 ()
Date: March 18, 2015 00:20

Plink
BluzDude
donvis
...Does anyone think the Nokia Sticky Fingers Shows will have tickets for sale to the public...

...It may depend on which Nokia venue they use. The large one holds 7100 and the small one holds 2300, maybe less with all their equipment...

I've been following this thread diligently, but the assumption that the small Sticky Fingers LA area gig(s?) will be held at one of the Nokia venues mentioned above is news to me. Will someone please cite the source of this info?

I don't know where it started, but if it's being filmed, there is no way it would be in the smaller venue. The sight lines are terrible in there. On the floor, there are lots of columns that block views if you are more than halfway back. The larger one is great for shooting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-18 00:24 by jomo297.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 18, 2015 00:20

Plink
BluzDude
donvis

I've been following this thread diligently, but the assumption that the small Sticky Fingers LA area gig(s?) will be held at one of the Nokia venues mentioned above is news to me. Will someone please cite the source of this info?

I also question the validity of the information. I saw it on another site which mentioned it from yet a different site, All RS fan boards.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: March 18, 2015 00:37

Thanks GAFF, jomo297 & BluzDude.

I just googled the Echoplex to see if it was an AEG venue and apparently it isn’t. There’s an article about that club hosting the Stones’ small gig in 2013 and some of what was involved in the selection process here: [laist.com]

Quote from an Echoplex employee: “…For whatever reason their normal venues weren’t lining up and they really wanted to put them somewhere ‘cool’ rather than the typical West Hollywood venues that most of these type of shows happen in…”

After reading the story, it would seem that ownership by AEG is not a prerequisite for a club/theater to be considered for the Sticky fingers gig(s).

Date: March 18, 2015 00:37

For the Euro folks...check out [www.megabus.com] and [www.boltbus.com]
for very cheap buses between many major cities...clean and with WiFi...usually about $35.00 and if you are the lucky ones that beek first, the trip is ONE dollar!!

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 18, 2015 00:38

jomo297
Plink
BluzDude
donvis

I don't know where it started, but if it's being filmed, there is no way it would be in the smaller venue. The sight lines are terrible in there. On the floor, there are lots of columns that block views if you are more than halfway back. The larger one is great for shooting.

Some concerts filmed at Club Nokia have been broadcast on Axs TV. I haven't actually watched any of them however. But I agree it's a horrible venue. Been inside maybe 4 times.

Posted by: jasona93 ()
Date: March 18, 2015 00:49

bv
My needs are basic. I love the Stones, and I love real people. Normal people. I have been on tour for Rolling Stones shows in Wichita, Lousville, Missoula, Regina, Hartford, Sacramento, Glendale, the list is long, but I don't go to these places to drink or do sightseeing or any kinds of tourist stuff. In fact I panic if I am on 5th Avenue more than five minutes, or may God forbid Rodeo Drive, Disneyland (never been there) or any such places. I like the local joint where the same people sit next to me every day, where they see I am the stranger the first time I am there, but after that I am one of them, same service, no extras, no buzz.

The secondary markets shows have been amazing. Wichita, Regina, Missoula. They don't make a lot of noise saying "We want Mick Taylor for ten songs" or "The show should last for 3 hours" or "three hundred dollars is way too much. They did only serve Pepsi Cola in Wichita because it was a Sunday but it was a great, great show without any beer drinking. I

I do know Chicago, Miami, Boston, NYC, LA, SF and a bunch of other larger cities are jealous and think it is a total waste to play in the cities the Stones are approving now, but that is the whole point. The Stones are geographically communists. They practice equal rights for all people, all states and all areas to see them. They could have performed 15 ARENA shows with the same income in LA, LV, CHI, NYC, but they choose to perform in front of 2-3 times as many people in larger venues. Just like in Europe summer 2014. Those shows were great, I don't travel as a tourist, but as a fan, and I love to meet other fans, any place, large or small.

There's a lot of those joints (and people) in Buffalo. Hope to run into you at the show or in a seedy dive bar.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: March 18, 2015 00:52

Just spoke with AXS, and they won't be handling tickets for Petco Park. Also spoke with a Petco Park person, possibly the Padres will handle the sales, with a possible pre-sale for season ticket holders. If not then Ticketmaster will handle the tickets for that venue. Get your ducks lined up!

Posted by: Peterh ()
Date: March 18, 2015 01:03

@2014Slayer, they told you they weren't handling the tickets for the Stones show at Petco? That would be weird they would even talk about it. Or don't they handle the ticket sales at that venue at all? That would be something they could say something about.

Thanks for calling! smiling smiley

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 18, 2015 01:04

thomas guitar
For the europeans here it will be very expensive....cause of the exchange rate right?

I hope i can travel to the Tour, but depends on my budget.

My plan will be Raleigh, Indy, Detroit and Buffalo......if its possible or parts of these locations

Ideas will be welcome......thanks folks

I'm doing that run from NYC. We have 2 spaces available

Posted by: jasona93 ()
Date: March 18, 2015 01:06

Kurt
Another one that I took from my box under the overpass:

Pretty nice box, Kurt. You have a skylight and everything!

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: March 18, 2015 01:08

jcooz
I don't know Doom & Gloom, but I've seen 'em every tour since 72, and they will indeed sell out the Midwest stadiums. Columbus is the midway point between Cleveland and Cincinnatti. Plus gas is under$2 today.
I paid 2.59 in NY today but gas is cheaper near the fracking states...I gave Brussels and Love you Live a good listen in my long day of driving. I thought about what I really want as a fan and that is; I hope everybody that wants to, will get their shot seeing them once more. I had my shows, Brooklyn, Boston, Philly, Cutting Room and managed to do it for less than 400 bucks, I don't want to be greedy. I did pick a perfect screen name for my lousy disposition, I love the people's passion here at IORR and don't want to be seen as the guy who wants failure for the band and fans I share this love for the music with..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-18 01:10 by DoomandGloom.

Date: March 18, 2015 01:15

DoomandGloom
jcooz
I don't know Doom & Gloom, but I've seen 'em every tour since 72, and they will indeed sell out the Midwest stadiums. Columbus is the midway point between Cleveland and Cincinnatti. Plus gas is under$2 today.
I paid 2.59 in NY today but gas is cheaper near the fracking states...I gave Brussels and Love you Live a good listen in my long day of driving. I thought about what I really want as a fan and that is; I hope everybody that wants to, will get their shot seeing them once more. I had my shows, Brooklyn, Boston, Philly, Cutting Room and managed to do it for less than 400 bucks, I don't want to be greedy. I did pick a perfect screen name for my lousy disposition, I love the people's passion here at IORR and don't want to be seen as the guy who wants failure for the band and fans I share this love for the music with..

Well said D&G, in the end we all love the same thing.

Date: March 18, 2015 01:16

Yes, 800 525 3355 is the AMEX code for preferred seating

Date: March 18, 2015 01:17

Peterh
@2014Slayer, they told you they weren't handling the tickets for the Stones show at Petco? That would be weird they would even talk about it. Or don't they handle the ticket sales at that venue at all? That would be something they could say something about.

Well it goes by venue who handles the tickets. AXS said they don't handle Petco Park, if you scroll through their webpage it is not listed. They told me to call Petco. The fellow at Petco couldn't tell me much, but I got a lot of info by the different questions I asked. I guess Taylor Swift is appearing there soon too, so whatever the protocol for her will be may be similar to the Stones. Here is a link for her show: [sandiego.padres.mlb.com] and you can see that the Padres are doing the tickets for her, but there are links for American Express Card holders on the first pages. I wonder if the front seats were sold out to AmEx card holders first. Take a look at the prices too, $97 for nosebleed seats. But the package prices don't look too bad though.

My fellow Stones friend has a friend inside Petco Park, and we may get some early info tomorrow, we will see.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-18 01:32 by 2014Slayer.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 18, 2015 01:27

DoomandGloom

Well said.
These shows will be amazing and the places for different reasons.The one common denominator though will be the amazing people we will all meet and the amazing music we will all witness... Again.

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: March 18, 2015 01:38

I'll never see the Stones again, wracked with illness at only 40 but i'm excited and enthralled at whatever occurs in the next 2 days. I hope all IORRians who see them have a wonderful time. I LOVE THE ROLLING STONES!!!!

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: March 18, 2015 02:00

geordiestone
I'll never see the Stones again, wracked with illness at only 40 but i'm excited and enthralled at whatever occurs in the next 2 days. I hope all IORRians who see them have a wonderful time. I LOVE THE ROLLING STONES!!!!

Very sorry to hear that geordiestone...but your attitude is immense! Best wishes Stones brother!

Date: March 18, 2015 02:08

PaintitBlue
geordiestone

Very sorry to hear that geordiestone...but your attitude is immense! Best wishes Stones brother!
Best wishes, I hope your fortunes turn for the better, hopefully we'll get a sensational pay per view that will let us all enjoy this together,

Posted by: John&Trish ()
Date: March 18, 2015 02:18

Just got back from Regal Theater in Lancaster, PA. 3 Short clips in between coming attractions were shots of the Rolling Stones jet, message COMING SOON, Start Me Up playing in background. Very cool!

Date: March 18, 2015 02:32

Lancaster, PA. is about 4 hours from Pittsburgh, were they advertising for Pittsburgh or somewhere else?

Date: March 18, 2015 02:35

I'm hoping for Buffalo and San Jose. I will be in those areas during the rumoured shows. Here's hoping. I find it odd that Toronto isn't in the rumour mix much though. I live near there. Someone must know something...

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 18, 2015 02:49

2014Slayer
Peterh

Well it goes by venue who handles the tickets. AXS said they don't handle Petco Park, if you scroll through their webpage it is not listed. They told me to call Petco. The fellow at Petco couldn't tell me much, but I got a lot of info by the different questions I asked. I guess Taylor Swift is appearing there soon too, so whatever the protocol for her will be may be similar to the Stones. Here is a link for her show: [sandiego.padres.mlb.com] and you can see that the Padres are doing the tickets for her, but there are links for American Express Card holders on the first pages. I wonder if the front seats were sold out to AmEx card holders first. Take a look at the prices too, $97 for nosebleed seats. But the package prices don't look too bad though.

My fellow Stones friend has a friend inside Petco Park, and we may get some early info tomorrow, we will see.

Padres handles tickets for Petco Park, however last year's McCartney show was thru TM. Either way I am sure we will know who does the tickets before it goes on sale. Are we 100% sure it's Petco and not Qualcomm?

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: March 18, 2015 02:54

Dan
2014Slayer
Peterh

Padres handles tickets for Petco Park, however last year's McCartney show was thru TM. Either way I am sure we will know who does the tickets before it goes on sale. Are we 100% sure it's Petco and not Qualcomm?

It's Petco. Major events at Qualcomm are a thing of the past.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: March 18, 2015 02:55

The Taylor Swift link makes you set up an account but you cannot compleat the account until after the purchase - weird!

Date: March 18, 2015 02:59

GAFF
Dan
2014Slayer
Peterh

It's Petco. Major events at Qualcomm are a thing of the past.

If the Padres don't handle it, then Ticketmaster will, the guy I spoke with said it will be one or the other. So get your Ticketmaster info up to date.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 18, 2015 03:23

Grison
BTW, to everyone who is buying hotels and booking flights, good luck! I wouldn't book a flight or hotel room until we get confirmation on the dates!

I think it depends: I booked Hotels, but would never book flights before the final Dates are out. As I can cancel them until the day of Arrival it doesn't matter. I just remember that in Philadelphia I paid for the Holiday Inn 420 USD instead of USD 150 because I was to late. That will never happen again.

I got burned on that one too, Grison, only hotel near the venue. I waited too long.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: jackflash1129 ()
Date: March 18, 2015 03:32

Im kinda gonna miss all this anticipation when the tours over. I feel like a kid on christmas eve waiting for Santa!

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: March 18, 2015 03:34

Roscoe
How many of these cities are the Stones going to actually stay in, or right after each show are they going to fly to some centrally-located big city with a four star hotel? Certainly they could stay at the Hotel Del in San Diego, and I'm sure that Dallas and Atlanta have a Four Seasons hotel. But I find it hard to picture the Stones hanging out for two or three days between shows at a Red Roof Inn in places like Columbus and Buffalo and Indianoplace.

Some of the snobs on here really crack me up. FYI - the last few times the Stones played Indy they stayed at the Canterbury Hotel, a historic 5 star place which is now called Le Meridien. Indy has a few other 5 star hotels - a Conrad Hilton, The Dolce Alexander, and the new JW Marriott.

Of course, maybe the Stones aren't as big of snobs as some of the guys posting here. In `89 after the Steel Wheels show, someone from the Canterbury called over to the Chatterbox Jazz Club and said the Stones wanted come in for some drinks. This place is, by all accounts, a hole in the wall dive, but known for always having some great jazz bands. Mick Jagger, Ron Wood and some others came over, hung out with the bar regulars, and from what I heard they did a little impromptu jam session with the band that was there. They don't have crystal glassware and they don't serve Beluga or La Grande Dame, they have vinyl seats, formica tables, and old linoleum tiles, but it was good enough for Mick and Ron. I knew a guy who worked there who said they all had a blast.

But hey, maybe you big city guys should just give Mick a call on his private line and ask him to come play a private gig for you in your Manhattan penthouse.

The Chatterbox:

video: [www.youtube.com]

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-18 03:43 by TiminIndy.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...102103104105106107108109110111112...LastNext
Current Page: 107 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1845
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home