Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...9596979899100101102103104105...LastNext
Current Page: 100 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: March 17, 2015 03:59

jrcjohnny99

That's unlikely; the track is banked and there is a berm between the grass area and the track;
more likely the stage is set up on the inside of the turn (where the white area is) and they use the bleachers on the other side of the track

I was thinking about the high banking of the turn. I guess it could be custom built with 'steps' of the stage going higher, but it would be a challenge. I don't see a practical way to arrange a stage that would have nearly as many 'seats' as we have at Lucas Oil Stadium.

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 17, 2015 03:59

treaclefingers
that happened a lot at the shows in the early 60s as well apparently.

Yeah, well, I wasn't quite toilet trained in the early '60s...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 17, 2015 04:01

SomeTorontoGirl
treaclefingers
that happened a lot at the shows in the early 60s as well apparently.

Yeah, well, I wasn't quite toilet trained in the early '60s...

...and I wasn't born!

Posted by: PittsburghJoe ()
Date: March 17, 2015 04:01

I think the tour itinerary is fantastic. I am looking forward to seeing shows in some new cities and venues. We here in the US know just how great all of the towns are. It's a nice departure from the same old same old. If you think these places all suck then just don't go, I doubt you will be missed. As for the rest of us, we will be rocking in Columbus, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Detroit and every other shit town in between!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-17 04:02 by PittsburghJoe.

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: March 17, 2015 04:04

PittsburghJoe
I think the tour itinerary is fantastic. I am looking forward to seeing shows in some new cities and venues. We here in the US know just how great all of the towns are. It's a nice departure from the same old same old. If you think these places all suck then just don't go, I doubt you will be missed. As for the rest of us, we will be rocking in Columbus, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Detroit and every other shit town in between!

smileys with beer

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 17, 2015 04:06

Any word yet on the fate of the Santa Clara show?

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: March 17, 2015 04:10

TiminIndy
jrcjohnny99

That's unlikely; the track is banked and there is a berm between the grass area and the track;
more likely the stage is set up on the inside of the turn (where the white area is) and they use the bleachers on the other side of the track

I was thinking about the high banking of the turn. I guess it could be custom built with 'steps' of the stage going higher, but it would be a challenge. I don't see a practical way to arrange a stage that would have nearly as many 'seats' as we have at Lucas Oil Stadium.

I'd much prefer Lucas Oil; great stadium right in the center of town; no brainer

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 17, 2015 04:14

The choir on YCAGWYA will be maintained for this tour, according to this post.

"After finishing an excellent concert yesterday, we're excited to announce that Ohio University Singers will be singing on stage with the Rolling Stones this summer! How cool is that? More details to come".

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: March 17, 2015 04:14

stones2000
Any word yet on the fate of the Santa Clara show?

If the show was rumored for May 30 it would make sense, but with Kansas City and Indy/Raliegh on either side of those dates doesn't seem right geograpically.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-17 04:27 by Woz.

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: March 17, 2015 04:21

Cristiano Radtke

"After finishing an excellent concert yesterday, we're excited to announce that Ohio University Singers will be singing on stage with the Rolling Stones this summer! How cool is that? More details to come".

OOOh MY GOD- THAT WOULD BE SOO COOL....I've often wondered if the Stones have ever used a choir in a concert for that awesome song.Now I wish I still lived in the midwest (Illinois) to go to Ohio show...if I can swing it, San Diego will be as far as I can travel though from Vegas.

Date: March 17, 2015 04:35

tauk
Cristiano Radtke

OOOh MY GOD- THAT WOULD BE SOO COOL....I've often wondered if the Stones have ever used a choir in a concert for that awesome song.Now I wish I still lived in the midwest (Illinois) to go to Ohio show...if I can swing it, San Diego will be as far as I can travel though from Vegas.

They've been using the choir since the 2012 concerts in London. winking smiley

Posted by: Concertfan ()
Date: March 17, 2015 04:35

May 30 - Ohio Stadium - Columbus, Ohio - confirmed. I talked to the person who helps books shows for (Ohio Stadium, Value City Arena, Nationwide Arena) indicated to me the show has been booked for Ohio Stadium - May 30, 2015. If I tell you any more of my source I could get in some hot water.

Date: March 17, 2015 04:37

Cristiano Radtke

It's really strange that a group associated with Ohio University in Athens would be playing the Columbus show at The Ohio State University.

Date: March 17, 2015 04:38

Living in Columbus I really want to believe that May 30th is a stones show at Ohio Stadium.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: March 17, 2015 04:40

I hope the choir thing gets put to the side. Instead let's see the marching band get used on Dance Pt1! Or an orchestra on 2000 Light Years! Choir on YCAGWY has already been done.

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: March 17, 2015 04:44

PalaisRoyale
Buffalo deserves a show and should be a blast. Just crossing my fingers for a T.O. show. Rogers Centre(Skydome)with the roof in July would be a blast and could easily accommodate 50,000. Then we all head over to Stones Place on Queen Street! Lol

Rogers Place is terrible for a concert. There is a music festival at Downsview Park at the end of July...that's my guess if Toronto is in the loop.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: March 17, 2015 04:46

Concertfan
May 30 - Ohio Stadium - Columbus, Ohio - confirmed. I talked to the person who helps books shows for (Ohio Stadium, Value City Arena, Nationwide Arena) indicated to me the show has been booked for Ohio Stadium - May 30, 2015. If I tell you any more of my source I could get in some hot water.

Date: March 17, 2015 04:50

flacnvinyl
I hope the choir thing gets put to the side. Instead let's see the marching band get used on Dance Pt1! Or an orchestra on 2000 Light Years! Choir on YCAGWY has already been done.

When I first listened to that song being performed with the choir at the O2 Arena I thought it was a pretty cool changing, since they've never used a choir on that song when it was performed live. That was one of the biggest surprises of that concert, and I think they did the right thing maintaining the choir on their 2013/2014 concerts, IMHO.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: March 17, 2015 04:57

Cristiano Radtke
When I first listened to that song being performed with the choir at the O2 Arena I thought it was a pretty cool changing, since they've never used a choir on that song when it was performed live. That was one of the biggest surprises of that concert, and I think they did the right thing maintaining the choir on their 2013/2014 concerts, IMHO.

Agree.
I saw New Jersey, Oslo and some Asian-leg shows, and it is always interesting to see YCAGWYW with a local choir group. I love it.thumbs up

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 17, 2015 05:05

a bigger nut
Cristiano Radtke

Agree.
I saw New Jersey, Oslo and some Asian-leg shows, and it is always interesting to see YCAGWYW with a local choir group. I love it.thumbs up
I agree. If there's one thing to keep, I think thats high on the list. Its so cool and was such a surprise to finally after 40 years see them do it like did on the album. Its a great encore song and important to their history. If its gonna be kept in the setlist (and I don't see a better warhorse to replace it in the encores), I definitely think the choir is still a nice touch.

Date: March 17, 2015 05:22

Tauk,
Thank you SO MUCH for the AMEX Serve Card info. I just applied for the card and hopefully it will get here before the presale!

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: March 17, 2015 05:24

Cristiano Radtke

The look on the singers faces is one of my favorite moments in the show. They are always so thrilled, it must be amazing to make music with The Rolling Stones.

Date: March 17, 2015 05:26

Cristiano Radtke
tauk
Cristiano Radtke

They've been using the choir since the 2012 concerts in London. winking smiley

Wow! That's great. It must be awesome to see/hear that in concert.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: March 17, 2015 05:29

PalaisRoyale
Buffalo deserves a show and should be a blast. Just crossing my fingers for a T.O. show. Rogers Centre(Skydome)with the roof in July would be a blast and could easily accommodate 50,000. Then we all head over to Stones Place on Queen Street! Lol

I approve of this plan

Date: March 17, 2015 05:34

BitchKeepsBitchin
Tauk,
Thank you SO MUCH for the AMEX Serve Card info. I just applied for the card and hopefully it will get here before the presale!

Alright! Yay! I'm glad to think I've done something useful today besides for just myself smiling smiley I know our count down is coming soon...hopefully we'll get our pre-paid cards & the pre-sale codes before the pre-sale (and hoping the pre-sale is a good deal...)I really really want super-duper good seats- I've done the nosebleed seats for the Stones in the '90's in Madison, Wisconsin...won't ever ever do that again for the Stones or anybody.Good Luck!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: March 17, 2015 05:37

RollingFreak
a bigger nut
Cristiano Radtke

Agree.
I agree. If there's one thing to keep, I think thats high on the list. Its so cool and was such a surprise to finally after 40 years see them do it like did on the album. Its a great encore song and important to their history. If its gonna be kept in the setlist (and I don't see a better warhorse to replace it in the encores), I definitely think the choir is still a nice touch.

The Last Time SHOULD be a warhorse! It would be a fantastic encore. No choir needed!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 17, 2015 05:53

DoomandGloom
Boston, New York City et are at best 7 hours from those spots, there is a big gap for what is their most affluent and likely their biggest audience. .

San Francisco Bay Area is actually their most affluent audience these days. Worth coming back 1/2 across the country to play....still hoping.....

peace

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 17, 2015 06:27

The Stones can obviously play wherever they want, but this tour is a real surprise. Wonder what's on tap for August - secondary European markets?

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 17, 2015 06:31

Naturalust
DoomandGloom
Boston, New York City et are at best 7 hours from those spots, there is a big gap for what is their most affluent and likely their biggest audience. .

San Francisco Bay Area is actually their most affluent audience these days. Worth coming back 1/2 across the country to play....still hoping.....

peace

Nah. This is the Salt of the Earth tour.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 17, 2015 06:37

downrightdisgusted
Cristiano Radtke

It's really strange that a group associated with Ohio University in Athens would be playing the Columbus show at The Ohio State University.

I don't know how that happened but I like it!!! Brings two of Ohio's public universities together.
I'm biased, work for OU, the school that not too many outside of Ohio know. Maybe their choir is
very good.

~"Love is Strong"~

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...9596979899100101102103104105...LastNext
Current Page: 100 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1695
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home