Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...949596979899100101102103104...LastNext
Current Page: 99 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: March 17, 2015 01:49

MoreFastNumbers
Santa Clara is definitely out of the schedule.
Says who?

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 17, 2015 01:50

MoreFastNumbers
Santa Clara is definitely out of the schedule.

How do you know? I mean no disrespect or attitide, just curious.

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: March 17, 2015 02:01

Hello Stones world!

Speaking from a Toronto view point does anyone have any insight as to a stones show being held in Toronto or vicinity other than Buffalo. Not sour grapes but we got spoiled during the Michael Cohl years! My feeling is that more shows will be added other than what has been listed so far and possibly an extension of dates. Hopefully they don't go with the 15 on fire moniker. A new album wouldn't hurt either.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: March 17, 2015 02:11

PalaisRoyale
Hello Stones world!

Speaking from a Toronto view point does anyone have any insight as to a stones show being held in Toronto or vicinity other than Buffalo. Not sour grapes but we got spoiled during the Michael Cohl years! My feeling is that more shows will be added other than what has been listed so far and possibly an extension of dates. Hopefully they don't go with the 15 on fire moniker. A new album wouldn't hurt either.

Free show at Yonge-Dundas as part of Toronto Jazz Fest? After show at the Horseshoe?

Posted by: getdown ()
Date: March 17, 2015 02:12

Santa Clara does seem odd. Why travel back to do one in CA? Even though I am from Oakland and want them to play there...

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: March 17, 2015 02:14

2120Joe
Nashville is a fantastic music town and a great place to see the Stones. Blocks of honky tonks. Nothing fancy but clean fun safe and full of great music. And good beer. Vanderbilt is high on my list. I'm not crazy about country music but with so many options, there is always blues and blues based country band playing The Grande Ole Opry is also great to see at least once.

The Grand Ole Opry would be a great place for a secret GIG.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: March 17, 2015 02:16

Stones726
mnewman505
I love how all the trolls show up when it's tour time!

Exactly, clowns looking for attention!
Well there is free discussion allowed within reason and respect here. From a geographical and business standpoint this tour is strange. Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Columbus, Detroit for example can all be managed within 3 and 4 hours of each other if you start with the furthest and connect. Essentially they will be competing with themselves using those venues in what is a questionable economy and a wain in the amount of people that still connect with the band. Boston, New York City et are at best 7 hours from those spots, there is a big gap for what is their most affluent and likely their biggest audience. Perhaps they'll come to the East Coast afterwards and go back to the high prices that made most here go troll and question the band's motives for playing. I don't consider myself a troll for pointing this out or hesitating to commit my summer to smaller cities where the wait between shows or a postponement would be torture.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-17 02:19 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: JimmyTheSaint ()
Date: March 17, 2015 02:17

PalaisRoyale
Hello Stones world!

You are better off having the show in Buffalo than Toronto.

Tailgating in Buffalo is a much better experience. Pretty much anything goes. It will be a much better party. And the crowd will be much more livelier and rowdier in Buffalo than Toronto.

The Stones are made for blue-collar towns like Buffalo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-17 02:18 by JimmyTheSaint.

Date: March 17, 2015 02:19

Buffalo deserves a show and should be a blast. Just crossing my fingers for a T.O. show. Rogers Centre(Skydome)with the roof in July would be a blast and could easily accommodate 50,000. Then we all head over to Stones Place on Queen Street! Lol

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: March 17, 2015 02:24

DoomandGloom
Stones726
mnewman505

Well there is free discussion allowed within reason and respect here. From a geographical and business standpoint this tour is strange. Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Columbus, Detroit for example can all be managed within 3 and 4 hours of each other if you start and the furthest and connect. Essentially they will be competing with themselves using those venues in what is a questionable economy and a wain in the amount of people that still connect with the band. Boston, New York et are at best 7 hours from those spots, there is a big gap for what is their most affluent and likely their biggest audience. Perhaps they'll come to the East Coast afterwards and go back to the high prices that made most here go troll and question the band's motives for playing. I don't consider myself a troll for pointing this out or hesitating to commit my summer to smaller cities where the wait between shows or a postponement would be torture.

Actually, it's not weird at all...for example let's take Detroit...why would Detroit be weird for a Stones concert?
The Stones cover Motown songs all time..."Ain't Too Proud To Beg", "Going to a Go Go", "Just My Imagination" all of these songs were recorded originally on Motown Records in Detroit. Plus, they've played many shows in the Detroit area starting with their first US tour in 1964 at Olympia Stadium. The 1969 show at the same venue is legendary, I listen to that boot all the time. They played a wonderful theatre show on the Some Girls tour at the Detroit Masonic Temple in '78 which has been heavily bootlegged and is available for legal stream at Wolfgang's Vault. It's a market that the Stones have played on basically every single tour through Bigger Bang...it's a loyal Stones city, that's why Detroit.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-17 02:25 by mnewman505.

Posted by: JimmyTheSaint ()
Date: March 17, 2015 02:26

The scene in Buffalo is tremendous. They haven't had concerts in that venue in years.

I've seen the Stones, the Who, the Dead, Metallica, Guns n Roses etc over the years at that stadium. The parties in the parking lots that surround the stadium are off the hook.

For anyone travelling from afar, I recommended getting there several hours ahead of time. You won't be disappointed.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 17, 2015 02:45

Naturalust
timbernardis
Naturalust
timbernardis
Naturalust
Thanks for the Missoula memories Bjornulf. Nice post and great photo, you definitely have an artistic eye with your camera.

Sorry you couldn't find the beer in town you must not have looked that hard, there are about twenty places there brewing their own beer these days and a couple more in the works. Pretty good for a town with a population of 67,000. There will be more people at some of the shows this summer than in the whole town of Missoula. eye popping smiley

peace

Naturalust are you from Montana, the Bay Area, or where?

plexi

Both actually. smoking smiley

peace

same here -- I grew up in Sactown, went to college at Berkeley, and have been in Montana since '83 but go back to Calif fairly regularly.

p

Similar story, grew up in Montana, been in the Bay area since about '93 but have a couple of places in Montana where I spend time when the time is right. I thought I might be the only one posting from MT, saw a single spot on bv's map during the time I was logged on, glad to hear I'm not alone when in Big Sky Country!

peace

what is bv's map? and where in Montana are u from?

plexi

Date: March 17, 2015 02:52

stonesfrkk
Wow tried to Quote the message Bv it's been a while since I posted here obviously I just wanted to say nice message and I remember Missoula well had a great time and great fun and I got to drink at a micro brewery everyday in town sorry you missed it the beer that is.lol. Anyway hope to see you on tour I will be Rolling this time around for sure! Hey Plexi am I going to see you this time around ? sorry about that double post Bv just erase it thanx!Looking forward to getting back on tour, hope to see you Bv!

Not sure which show or shows I will be seeing yet, but if you are there, I am sure we can meet up. Do I know you? In any event, it does not matter. I hope to at least be at Levi's/Santa Clara near San Jose/San Francisco as it immediately follows the American Library Association conference in San Francisco so my trip is (partly) paid for. But we don't know if they will be playing there or in Raleigh yet.

plexi

Date: March 17, 2015 02:54

No spectacle or attention needed. Save that for the Stones show. The wait will be over in a couple of days then everyone can make their plans. Just staying positive for their announcement.

Date: March 17, 2015 02:55

stonesfrkk
Remember I got robbed in Barcelona in 07 ruined my whole gig! I got rolled big though everything my passport myfuture stones tickets totally took me off tour train station in Barcelona I took my eye off my bag for 5 seconds and it was gone. I never worry about wearing my watch or jewelry at home in LA but traveling don't bring any valuble's especially when your on tour,there is so much going on you let your guard down because your so busy and having so much fun!

Now I know who you are, Frank Cunningham, or did I get the name wrong?

plexi

Date: March 17, 2015 03:02

Anybody know what time on Thursday the announcement will be made?

plexi

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: March 17, 2015 03:07

I don't believe Santa Clara was ever really on the schedule;
If they aren't doing LA, NYC, Boston, Philly or Chicago (the other cities from 13) why do the Bay Area?

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 17, 2015 03:07

buffalo7478
Free show at Yonge-Dundas as part of Toronto Jazz Fest? After show at the Horseshoe?

Don't DO that - I think I just wet myself!

Date: March 17, 2015 03:14

jrcjohnny99
If they aren't doing LA, NYC, Boston, Philly or Chicago (the other cities from 13) why do the Bay Area?

according to bv, they will be playing LA.

plexi

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: March 17, 2015 03:15

Bottom line, if we use Amex card for presale, is a code needed? If yes, what is it please?

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: March 17, 2015 03:17

Bob C.

I don't think the current demographic going to the show would like GA, too much of a hassle for us old people. Plus, the whole Cincinnati thing.

For Indy, if they are going to set up a stage in the 3rd turn of the IMS, the only way to do it is GA, because most (or all?) of it will be lawn seating. I'm not thrilled about that and would probably pay more if some seating is available. I live 10 miles from the track and I don't want to have camp out all night to get good seats. I did that every year for the Indy 500 when I was younger, but I'm 48 now! That said, the area around the track is made for this and over 100,000 people camp out around the outside of the grounds every year before the race - people who actually have seats. They bring RV's and tents and it is a HUGE party, although a little more tame than it was back in the 70's and 80's. I can imagine many of the people who travel to the Speedway every year for the race would do the same for a Stones show. Speedway management is trying to promote the venue for other events, so I would imagine they are rolling out the red carpet for the promoters. There is all kinds of space to have a lot of fun attractions surrounding this event. If you haven't been here, the infield alone is about 5 square miles. Here's a picture that puts the size of the Speedway in perspective:

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Date: March 17, 2015 03:26

mnewman505
DoomandGloom
Stones726
mnewman505

Well there is free discussion allowed within reason and respect here. From a geographical and business standpoint this tour is strange. Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Columbus, Detroit for example can all be managed within 3 and 4 hours of each other if you start and the furthest and connect. Essentially they will be competing with themselves using those venues in what is a questionable economy and a wain in the amount of people that still connect with the band. Boston, New York et are at best 7 hours from those spots, there is a big gap for what is their most affluent and likely their biggest audience. Perhaps they'll come to the East Coast afterwards and go back to the high prices that made most here go troll and question the band's motives for playing. I don't consider myself a troll for pointing this out or hesitating to commit my summer to smaller cities where the wait between shows or a postponement would be torture.

Actually, it's not weird at all...for example let's take Detroit...why would Detroit be weird for a Stones concert?
The Stones cover Motown songs all time..."Ain't Too Proud To Beg", "Going to a Go Go", "Just My Imagination" all of these songs were recorded originally on Motown Records in Detroit. Plus, they've played many shows in the Detroit area starting with their first US tour in 1964 at Olympia Stadium. The 1969 show at the same venue is legendary, I listen to that boot all the time. They played a wonderful theatre show on the Some Girls tour at the Detroit Masonic Temple in '78 which has been heavily bootlegged and is available for legal stream at Wolfgang's Vault. It's a market that the Stones have played on basically every single tour through Bigger Bang...it's a loyal Stones city, that's why Detroit.
My point is these cities were close together when you check on mapquest and I was surprised they didn't spread it out wider. Maybe I'm wrong and they can fill all these football stadiums without coming near the East Coast. I'm thinking about Pittsburgh as it's my birthday but it will take 3 days of my life, our best car on the road and my family is against that. It's all very disappointing after waiting all year, not really getting an reasonable shot near the country's biggest markets..

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: March 17, 2015 03:33

Here's an aerial of the 3rd & 4th turns. The rumour I am hearing is a stage set up in turn 3 where I put the red box:

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 17, 2015 03:38

timbernardis
Naturalust
timbernardis
Naturalust
timbernardis
Naturalust
Thanks for the Missoula memories Bjornulf. Nice post and great photo, you definitely have an artistic eye with your camera.

Sorry you couldn't find the beer in town you must not have looked that hard, there are about twenty places there brewing their own beer these days and a couple more in the works. Pretty good for a town with a population of 67,000. There will be more people at some of the shows this summer than in the whole town of Missoula. eye popping smiley

peace

Naturalust are you from Montana, the Bay Area, or where?

plexi

Both actually. smoking smiley

peace

same here -- I grew up in Sactown, went to college at Berkeley, and have been in Montana since '83 but go back to Calif fairly regularly.

p

Similar story, grew up in Montana, been in the Bay area since about '93 but have a couple of places in Montana where I spend time when the time is right. I thought I might be the only one posting from MT, saw a single spot on bv's map during the time I was logged on, glad to hear I'm not alone when in Big Sky Country!

peace

what is bv's map? and where in Montana are u from?

plexi

The map I was referring to was a new tool which gives a snapshot of worldwide visitor locations that bv posted about a while back. Here is the link to that post. It would be cool to get another snapshot now that the visitors are increasing

[www.iorr.org]

I've got a place outside of Missoula and a lake cabin up near Discovery Basin ski area. In California I'm on the coast, North of Santa Cruz.

How about you plexi?

peace

Date: March 17, 2015 03:40

timbernardis
jrcjohnny99

according to bv, they will be playing LA.

plexi

Club shows just for the filming of the performances of SF; not major shows

Date: March 17, 2015 03:43

TiminIndy
Here's an aerial of the 3rd & 4th turns. The rumour I am hearing is a stage set up in turn 3 where I put the red box:

That's unlikely; the track is banked and there is a berm between the grass area and the track;
more likely the stage is set up on the inside of the turn (where the white area is) and they use the bleachers on the other side of the track

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: March 17, 2015 03:47

INFO RE. USE OF PRE-PAID AMEX CARDS FOR PRE-SALE: I've spent my afternoon calling American Express to apply for one of their cards for possible use in a possible pre-sale. As I expected, i got denied for one of their regular credit cards. However, i did get accepted for an American Express pre-paid card called "Serve". American Express girl on the phone told me that yes, the pre-paid version WILL WORK FOR PRE-SALES of entertainment/shows. She showed me where, on their website. it actually states this. She said she's been getting several calls in the past 2-3 days from other people asking the exact same question re. if the pre-paid Am Express will work for any possible Rolling Stones pre-sales. It requires no credit check. Approval is instant online. If you're going to want one hurry up though, it has to get mailed in the regular US mail to you-it says in "7-10" days but the girl on the phone said it should be more like 2-3 days for the pre-paid card to arrive. Then, after it arrives, you have to hurry up to put money into it-several different options for that, but some of those require extra days to process. If you don't trust that time frame to be fast enough there is an option I believe to ask for a "temporary" card to use while waiting for the permanent card to arrive in your mail. But you have to apply for the temporary card BEFORE you complete your application for the permanent card, it's a little tricky but you can call 1-800-243-3888 which is the "Apply Dept" for info.

I wonder, how soon do pre-sales usually start after the official announcement has been made? And how soon do the regular public sales start?

Re. how to know the pre-sale code, i guess I need to just get it from this from here at iorr.org?? Or does the rollingstones.com website give it out? sorry if I seem obtuse, I'm just a rookie. You have all been very helpful to me. Thanks.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-17 04:01 by tauk.

Date: March 17, 2015 03:47

You would think they've had enough of playing "Speedways".

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 17, 2015 03:56

SomeTorontoGirl
buffalo7478

Don't DO that - I think I just wet myself!

that happened a lot at the shows in the early 60s as well apparently.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: March 17, 2015 03:58

Tauk,
Thank you so much for the Amex info above. Very helpful!smiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...949596979899100101102103104...LastNext
Current Page: 99 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1770
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10