Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...93949596979899100101102103...LastNext
Current Page: 98 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: March 16, 2015 22:46

forsure
ohotos
rileyf
$60 GA tickets in Indy? [twitter.com]

this is the second tweet in a series of 3. no idea if its legit.

[twitter.com]
[twitter.com]
[twitter.com]

I would love it if they do GA for the stadium dates in the US. All stadium concerts I have ever been to were in Europe where it's always GA and I was always able to get very close to the stage with a bit of patience and without breaking the bank!
Actually seeing the pics of Pittsburgh stadium a bit further up the thread this is my only fear, I don't think I could afford good seats and if I would end up high up in a stadium I am not sure if I will go. The festival in Quebec might be a better option then.

as much as I'd like this, I'd have a hard time thinking they'd do GA. I'd love it, but don't see it happening. Maybe thats they way they are planning on selling out the stadiums though, who knows. Time will tell...or maybe this is just for Indy

I don't think the current demographic going to the show would like GA, too much of a hassle for us old people. Plus, the whole Cincinnati thing.

Posted by: rileyf ()
Date: March 16, 2015 22:47

Bob C.
forsure
ohotos
rileyf
$60 GA tickets in Indy? [twitter.com]

this is the second tweet in a series of 3. no idea if its legit.

[twitter.com]
[twitter.com]
[twitter.com]

I would love it if they do GA for the stadium dates in the US. All stadium concerts I have ever been to were in Europe where it's always GA and I was always able to get very close to the stage with a bit of patience and without breaking the bank!
Actually seeing the pics of Pittsburgh stadium a bit further up the thread this is my only fear, I don't think I could afford good seats and if I would end up high up in a stadium I am not sure if I will go. The festival in Quebec might be a better option then.

as much as I'd like this, I'd have a hard time thinking they'd do GA. I'd love it, but don't see it happening. Maybe thats they way they are planning on selling out the stadiums though, who knows. Time will tell...or maybe this is just for Indy

I don't think the current demographic going to the show would like GA, too much of a hassle for us old people. Plus, the whole Cincinnati thing.

lol

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: March 16, 2015 22:50

My friend said it best:

Playing a tour behind Sticky Fingers in its entirety and not inviting Mick Taylor is like going to a Mexican Restaurant and forgetting to order Guacamole.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 16, 2015 22:55

It seems like maybe Sticky Fingers won't play such a big role if the tour will be called "15 on Fire". Makes it sound like it'll be similar in theme to last year. Maybe it's Sticky Fingers for those few special shows for the recording of the DVD.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: March 16, 2015 22:56

"priced to sell" as discussed earlier.

Look at what AC/DC is doing on THEIR fifteen city stadium tour. Nothing more than $150 and most tickets were in the area of $100. Sold out in a blink. AC/DC is one of the few bands in the world that can compare to the Stones sales wise be it tickets or records and I'm betting the "business model" of this Stones tour will be much closer to what AC/DC is doing this year (both bands in stadiums) compared to what the Stones did in arenas 2.5 years ago. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. We'll know in a few days.

Thanks for the "post of the year" award BV. If you get to Detroit I'll gladly treat you to an afternoon at the Motown Museum and show you the rest of the good and the bad and the ugly.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: March 16, 2015 22:56

MisterDDDD
DoomandGloom
MisterDDDD
How Doomy and Gloomy do you have to be to be telling the inventor of the boards, the man who has seen the Stones in these or similar venues many times before, and who is stating that he is looking forward to again, that "with all due respect... you're wrong"...

Ridiculously doomy and gloomy if you ask me.
He can take a little argument from time to time. This is a discussion but I will let up I've said all I can say about the schedule and my hesitation to visit these cities. BTW.... You completely misquoted me so there's that.

I paraphrased your words/message accurately, that is clear.
Sorry, if your message was one you would rather not have clarified..
Actually what I wrote was much more scathing than your mis-quote. My opinion stays the same, I am content to let it rest and hope for the best for the band and fans attending.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 16, 2015 22:59

MizzAmandaJonez
My friend said it best:

Playing a tour behind Sticky Fingers in its entirety and not inviting Mick Taylor is like going to a Mexican Restaurant and forgetting to order Guacamole.

I don't know about that. I love a lot of different Mexican Foods, but I hate guacamole.

....more like ordering a taco but hold the tortilla

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 16, 2015 23:01

Another one that I took from my box under the overpass:

Date: March 16, 2015 23:03

I see see tickets being $350 for very good..... $175 for average and.... $95 for towards the back. and of course $1500 for pit seats if there is a pit

This is my bet

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 16, 2015 23:04

Naturalust
timbernardis
Naturalust
Thanks for the Missoula memories Bjornulf. Nice post and great photo, you definitely have an artistic eye with your camera.

Sorry you couldn't find the beer in town you must not have looked that hard, there are about twenty places there brewing their own beer these days and a couple more in the works. Pretty good for a town with a population of 67,000. There will be more people at some of the shows this summer than in the whole town of Missoula. eye popping smiley

peace

Naturalust are you from Montana, the Bay Area, or where?

plexi

Both actually. smoking smiley

peace

same here -- I grew up in Sactown, went to college at Berkeley, and have been in Montana since '83 but go back to Calif fairly regularly.

p

Date: March 16, 2015 23:07

Kurt
Another one that I took from my box under the overpass:

smileys with beer

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: March 16, 2015 23:10

MizzAmandaJonez
My friend said it best:

Perfect!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 16, 2015 23:11

Montana is one of about 15 States I have not been to.

I love the story a friend told me of his visit to Montana. He went to visit someone and he was given directions to take this street, or highway until he saw the first 2 story building, then turn left. After he had drivin about 50 miles looking for this 2 story building, he pulled into a gas station and inquired. He was told that 2 story building was another 70 miles down the road.

Anyway, I think that Montana would be a great place to see the Stones. I hope to visit someday.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: March 16, 2015 23:14

PaintitBlue
DoomandGloom
bv
rbk
God what a bunch of whiners. The Stones are in their seventies and are not going to be able to do this again. Everyone of the markets that have been rumored for this tour have a longstanding history with the band who obviously don't need the money but do enjoy playing live. This tour is a way of thanking all of those people like they did down under last year and in Asia before that and Europe before that and in the OTHER American markets before that. They might do one offs in LA, London or New York in the next few years but for the big spectacle Stones show this is it. This is all she wrote.

Of course the only way they're going to reach the number of fans that want to see them is to play stadiums. These markets are smaller and far more spread out and are lower population wise compared to NYC, Toronto, DC, Chicago and LA. The cost of living in these places is lower so the people's incomes are proportionately lower as well. Hence, more people at a lower ticket price, one last time. Simple economics. These markets are more like those in Europe where the Stones played virtually all stadiums and festivals as well. O2 notwithstanding nary a basketball or hockey venue in the bunch.

We'll know in a few days but I'm guessing the high-rollers who doled out $250 to $600 for middling tickets in the US in 2013 are going to be shocked. These shows will be priced to sell or else there would be no point in doing them.

Best post of the year! I could not agree more. And this is the reason why I will spend the summer in North America. You only live once.
With all respect to you BV I really doubt the cities listed are the cities European fans like yourself want to visit in The US this summer.

Wherever you go...there you are.

My favorite times in Europe have happened OUTSIDE the big cities. Life exists outside major metropolitan areas. Maybe even more representative of real life in a country. Get out, explore and enjoy.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 16, 2015 23:19

alhavu1
MizzAmandaJonez
My friend said it best:

Perfect!

More accurately, it's like going to a Mexican Restaurant and insisting on the same forty year old guac you had in the seventies..

Date: March 16, 2015 23:26

MisterDDDD
alhavu1
MizzAmandaJonez
My friend said it best:

Perfect!

More accurately, it's like going to a Mexican Restaurant and insisting on the same forty year old guac you had in the seventies..
I really want to make a joke about there being no Guacamole in Ohio but I'll restrain myself..

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 16, 2015 23:28

I paraphrased your words/message accurately, that is clear.
Sorry, if your message was one you would rather not have clarified..

[/quote]Actually what I wrote was much more scathing than your mis-quote. My opinion stays the same, I am content to let it rest and hope for the best for the band and fans attending.[/quote]

Glad you stand by it...
Misquote and paraphrase are quite different tho..
Like Manhattan and Milwaukee.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: March 16, 2015 23:35

DoomandGloom
MisterDDDD
alhavu1
MizzAmandaJonez
My friend said it best:

Perfect!

I really want to make a joke about there being no Guacamole in Ohio but I'll restrain myself..

Wouldn't do any good. We don't use guacamole in Ohio. Strictly ketchup.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 16, 2015 23:41

timbernardis
Naturalust
timbernardis
Naturalust
Thanks for the Missoula memories Bjornulf. Nice post and great photo, you definitely have an artistic eye with your camera.

Sorry you couldn't find the beer in town you must not have looked that hard, there are about twenty places there brewing their own beer these days and a couple more in the works. Pretty good for a town with a population of 67,000. There will be more people at some of the shows this summer than in the whole town of Missoula. eye popping smiley

peace

Naturalust are you from Montana, the Bay Area, or where?

plexi

Both actually. smoking smiley

peace

same here -- I grew up in Sactown, went to college at Berkeley, and have been in Montana since '83 but go back to Calif fairly regularly.

p

Similar story, grew up in Montana, been in the Bay area since about '93 but have a couple of places in Montana where I spend time when the time is right. I thought I might be the only one posting from MT, saw a single spot on bv's map during the time I was logged on, glad to hear I'm not alone when in Big Sky Country!

peace

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: March 16, 2015 23:59

Wow tried to Quote the message Bv it's been a while since I posted here obviously I just wanted to say nice message and I remember Missoula well had a great time and great fun and I got to drink at a micro brewery everyday in town sorry you missed it the beer that is.lol. Anyway hope to see you on tour I will be Rolling this time around for sure! Hey Plexi am I going to see you this time around ? sorry about that double post Bv just erase it thanx!Looking forward to getting back on tour, hope to see you Bv!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-17 00:00 by stonesfrkk.

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: March 17, 2015 00:09

Remember I got robbed in Barcelona in 07 ruined my whole gig! I got rolled big though everything my passport myfuture stones tickets totally took me off tour train station in Barcelona I took my eye off my bag for 5 seconds and it was gone. I never worry about wearing my watch or jewelry at home in LA but traveling don't bring any valuble's especially when your on tour,there is so much going on you let your guard down because your so busy and having so much fun!

Posted by: Reagan ()
Date: March 17, 2015 00:17

Got another look at the Nasville billboard. It's the real thing. Had the "Just a Kiss Away" subtitle. Sorry I wasn't able to get a picture.

-R

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-17 05:17 by Reagan.

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: March 17, 2015 00:33

Nashville is a fantastic music town and a great place to see the Stones. Blocks of honky tonks. Nothing fancy but clean fun safe and full of great music. And good beer. Vanderbilt is high on my list. I'm not crazy about country music but with so many options, there is always blues and blues based country band playing The Grande Ole Opry is also great to see at least once.

Date: March 17, 2015 01:00

[www.pollstar.com]

Shame on pollstar for not giving proper credit.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 17, 2015 01:01

Stones726
mnewman505
I love how all the trolls show up when it's tour time!

Exactly, clowns looking for attention!
Oh no. The trolls are always here.They just get worse when their is a tour.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: MoreFastNumbers ()
Date: March 17, 2015 01:17

Santa Clara is definitely out of the schedule.

Posted by: montreal1 ()
Date: March 17, 2015 01:21

Bernard Fowler is not listed as collaborator on new RS website.Only Lisa F. and Chuck L. Bernard left the band ?

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: March 17, 2015 01:26

New http://www.rollingstones.com/ look!

... but not by tour....

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: March 17, 2015 01:27

2 ATL shows depending on sales?

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: March 17, 2015 01:47

thisheartisconstant
[www.pollstar.com]

Shame on pollstar for not giving proper credit.
Screw these pirates!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...93949596979899100101102103...LastNext
Current Page: 98 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1364
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home