Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...9293949596979899100101102...LastNext
Current Page: 97 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 16, 2015 21:36

what does it mean that Raleigh might be "swapped" with Santa Clara (or vice versa)? Will there still be shows in each place, just on different dates? Or just that one place gets a show and the other doesn't?

plexi

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 16, 2015 21:39

Naturalust
Thanks for the Missoula memories Bjornulf. Nice post and great photo, you definitely have an artistic eye with your camera.

Sorry you couldn't find the beer in town you must not have looked that hard, there are about twenty places there brewing their own beer these days and a couple more in the works. Pretty good for a town with a population of 67,000. There will be more people at some of the shows this summer than in the whole town of Missoula. eye popping smiley

peace

Naturalust are you from Montana, the Bay Area, or where?

plexi

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: March 16, 2015 21:40

JumpinJeppeFlash
Can anyone tell me if it would be dangerous for a european like me to travel alone to three or four shows in the US. I was thinking about Nashville, Orlando, Atlanta and Pittsburgh. Are these dangerous cities?

I'm a woman and I have wandered downtown Atlanta on my own, never fearing for my safety. I saw the Stones in Nashville in 1997, I stayed in a Holiday Inn outside of the city. Vanderbilt Stadium is on the campus of Vanderbilt University - which is a prestigious university - kind of a Southern Ivy League. Pretty campus. I walked across the campus with a group, but I don't think I would have felt unsafe on my own. There were lots of people around going to and from the concert.

I've traveled on my own to Pittsburgh to meet friends for concerts. I did not feel unsafe in the downtown area. Although I was usually walking with one other person at night. Nothing stood out that would have scared me.

People flock to Orlando by millions each year with their kids, they manage to make it home intact. Well, their bank accounts and credit cards are definitely destroyed.

Every city in the world is dangerous if you stray in to the bad parts. The parts of the cities you will be in are either the university or entertainment areas. They're usually well lit, people are around, the riff raff are kept to a minimum. If you're planning to ask a cab driver to take you somewhere to buy drugs - you're going to find danger. If you're going to take a shortcut down a dark alley, you might want to rethink it.

Stick to well lit areas with people around, you won't see any drive by shootings or encounter danger. If our cities were as bad as TV makes them out to be, there wouldn't be anyone left to buy Stones tickets.

Most of the Stones online communities have gatherings before and after the concerts. They often stay in the same hotels. Meet up with them for late night walking and you will be fine.

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: March 16, 2015 21:41

timbernardis
what does it mean that Raleigh might be "swapped" with Santa Clara (or vice versa)? Will there still be shows in each place, just on different dates? Or just that one place gets a show and the other doesn't?

plexi

My understanding is it will be either Santa Clara or Raleigh, not both.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 16, 2015 21:41

I like this one too...

Date: March 16, 2015 21:43

Nightime:

VS. Daytime:

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 16, 2015 21:48

GlimmerGirl24
And San Diego, one of the most beautiful cities in the world. The view of the harbor from downtown is unlike any other harbor view. It would take a couple of weeks to experience everything San Diego has to offer.

Having lived in San Diego for almost 2 years I would say that is true, although the Melbourne Harbor/skyline is pretty spectacular.

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: March 16, 2015 21:49

I keep seeing people asking about Mick Taylor and am starting to think that it might be better if he wouldn't be around for this tour. The 50 and counting dates were something else but I don't see the point in having him around in a limited role anymore. I don't want Midnight Rambler to be the "highlight" anymore, the Stones should be able to prove that they do not need MT to amaze us.
Anyways, looking forward to these dates with or without MT. I hope to be able to go to Pittsburgh or Quebec City!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 16, 2015 21:52

timbernardis

plexi

I agree- there is no rhyme or reason of the venues chosen for this tour. Example. I saw the Stones in Ralegh during the VooDoo Lounge Tour in 1994?. It was maybe a monday night. Anyway , the night before Ian .. had passed away days before. The show was shortened and the mood was dampened. Keith wanted to keep playing and Mick pulled them away. THAT IS A FACT

A couple of years later 1998? I caught them in Charlotte at Panther Stadium and damn they rocked the house.

Stadium shows are subjective and simply a bad deal overall. Concerts were made to be played indoors. If cocert is performed before an intimate amphithehater setting - it can be magical.

Posted by: pcovin ()
Date: March 16, 2015 21:56

ohotos
I keep seeing people asking about Mick Taylor and am starting to think that it might be better if he wouldn't be around for this tour. The 50 and counting dates were something else but I don't see the point in having him around in a limited role anymore. I don't want Midnight Rambler to be the "highlight" anymore, the Stones should be able to prove that they do not need MT to amaze us.
Anyways, looking forward to these dates with or without MT. I hope to be able to go to Pittsburgh or Quebec City!

Hmm...Personally, I'd love to have Mick around again. It is my hope that the 50 and counting dates were a trial period, and that the rumors of them doing Sticky Fingers in its entirety would make more sense if the guitarist who contributed many of the leads on that album were actually part of the live show. Again, that's just my hope, but I think it makes sense, right?

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: March 16, 2015 21:58

bye bye johnny
IGTBA
I agree with lots of your comment, but the $85s were not offered at the beginning of the 2013 tour.

$85 tickets were offered on the inital April 8, 2013 onsale date - [www.iorr.org]

Interesting. I checked that old IORR page and you appear to be correct. However, I remember the $85s being announced late relative to the tour announcement and also late relative to seating prices. I also think tickets were sold before the $85s were announced - presales for some venues? That would have given AEG an indication of demand for the list price tickets. Also, they sold immense amounts of the $85s for many of the arenas. Anyone who does not think that was a form of discounting, to fill seats, is in denial. And in some cases, rather than selling even more $85s, they kept lowering the list prices of unsold seats until they sold - that happened for both Philly concerts.

Except for the "discount" issue (and some other minor points), I agree with most of what GlimmerGirl24 is saying. But the term, "Lucky Dip", was not used for the 2013 NA tour. I've been assuming "Lucky Dip" is a European term used to define something similar to the 2013 North American $85s. Not sure?, since I did not attend any of the 2014 tour.

The poster, who said lots of bad things about Detroit, Pittsburgh, etc. and said good things about NYC, Boston, etc, is very mis-informed. Those "better" big US cities have some very, very bad areas, just as Detriot does - and as most big cities around the world do. And as GlimmerGirl24 said, Detroit, Pittsburgh (not small cities) and the smaller cities all have nice sections. In general, the cities listed for this 2015 tour, are safer places than the 2013 tour US cities.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-16 22:00 by IGTBA.

Date: March 16, 2015 21:59

pcovin
ohotos

Hmm...Personally, I'd love to have Mick around again. It is my hope that the 50 and counting dates were a trial period, and that the rumors of them doing Sticky Fingers in its entirety would make more sense if the guitarist who contributed many of the leads on that album were actually part of the live show. Again, that's just my hope, but I think it makes sense, right?

Yes, if that Sticky Fingers rumor is true then Mick T certainly makes sense. I still take that rumour to mean it will be a one (or two) time limited promo type show only. I really don't expect them do play SF in its entirety at all the tour dates.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-16 22:00 by ohotos.

Posted by: rileyf ()
Date: March 16, 2015 22:00

$60 GA tickets in Indy? [twitter.com]

this is the second tweet in a series of 3. no idea if its legit.

[twitter.com]
[twitter.com]
[twitter.com]

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 16, 2015 22:01

timbernardis
Naturalust
Thanks for the Missoula memories Bjornulf. Nice post and great photo, you definitely have an artistic eye with your camera.

Sorry you couldn't find the beer in town you must not have looked that hard, there are about twenty places there brewing their own beer these days and a couple more in the works. Pretty good for a town with a population of 67,000. There will be more people at some of the shows this summer than in the whole town of Missoula. eye popping smiley

peace

Naturalust are you from Montana, the Bay Area, or where?

plexi

Both actually. smoking smiley

peace

Posted by: pcovin ()
Date: March 16, 2015 22:02

Chris Fountain

I agree- there is no rhyme or reason of the venues chosen for this tour. Example. I saw the Stones in Ralegh during the VooDoo Lounge Tour in 1994?. It was maybe a monday night. Anyway , the night before Ian .. had passed away days before. The show was shortened and the mood was dampened. Keith wanted to keep playing and Mick pulled them away. THAT IS A FACT

A couple of years later 1998? I caught them in Charlotte at Panther Stadium and damn they rocked the house.

Stadium shows are subjective and simply a bad deal overall. Concerts were made to be played indoors. If cocert is performed before an intimate amphithehater setting - it can be magical.

Ian Stewart died in 1985. Someone else within the Stones camp did die the night before the Raleigh show though - Nicky Hopkins. The setlist was pretty much the normal one though, I believe. Here it is: [www.setlist.fm]

The Charlotte show at Ericcson Stadium (home of the Panthers) was in '97, but you're right - it rocked! I was there for that one.

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: March 16, 2015 22:04

GlimmerGirl24
Vanderbilt Stadium is on the campus of Vanderbilt University - which is a prestigious university - kind of a Southern Ivy League.

"Vanderbilt is where parents in the South send their kids to get an Ivy League education without turning them into communists." - Steve Earle (with tongue firmly planted in cheek.) grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-16 22:16 by Roscoe.

Date: March 16, 2015 22:05

Daytime:

VS. Nightime:

And in case you're wondering, no, I haven't lost my mind.
It's extremely easy to photograph a billboard when you live under an overpass.

We all live under expressway overpasses here in Detroit.
Just ask Mr. Doom and Gloom.

Date: March 16, 2015 22:05

rileyf

[twitter.com]
[twitter.com]
[twitter.com]

I would love it if they do GA for the stadium dates in the US. All stadium concerts I have ever been to were in Europe where it's always GA and I was always able to get very close to the stage with a bit of patience and without breaking the bank!
Actually seeing the pics of Pittsburgh stadium a bit further up the thread this is my only fear, I don't think I could afford good seats and if I would end up high up in a stadium I am not sure if I will go. The festival in Quebec might be a better option then.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 16, 2015 22:11

In 2013 the $85's were part of the General sale (not the pre sale).

The $85's for opening night at Staples had a lot of good locations spread throughout the arena. But that seemed to stop almost immediately after that show where a vast majority ended up in the upper levels.

I bought a ticket for one of the Anaheim shows about a week prior, I was in a section just off the floor for $175, surrounded by folks who paid $650.

My son wanted to go to Staples (2nd show) so I bought him a $175 ticket and he ended up in a $650 section.

At the time I thought the new trend in concert ticket prices was going to become like the travel industry.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 16, 2015 22:13

Then, it can be combined with Robert Plant on tour, that will be great....

[www.nme.com]

Saw on stubhub Boston July 11
Posted by: GarryStarStar ()
Date: March 16, 2015 20:57

Last week I was doing some searching on Stubhub and the only thing I saw listed was a show in the boston area for July 11.

Re: Saw on stubhub Boston July 11
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 16, 2015 20:59

For the Stones? U2 is playing the Boston Garden on 7/11. I know because its my birthday and I was considering going to the show.

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: March 16, 2015 21:00

SAT
11 JUL
The Rolling Stones Tickets Infinity Hall
Norfolk, CT
8:00 p.m. EDT Sell Set alert
0 tickets left

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 16, 2015 21:09

That's for Satisfaction, the tribute band:

[www.infinityhall.com]

Posted by: GarryStarStar ()
Date: March 16, 2015 21:19

It wasn't the garden it was Infinity Hall

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: March 16, 2015 21:53

It's a shame New England is bypassed this tour.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 16, 2015 22:23

DoomandGloom
They should announce this tour schedule on April 1st as it's an "April Fools" joke. IT's unlikely they'll fill stadiums in such small market cities. The Stones are avoiding the entire East Coast of the country. Boston, New York, Philly, Baltimore that's where the money and a good part of their fan base is. Maybe Mick Taylor decided he didn't want to spend his summer in Detroit, Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Milwaukee and declined the tour. Whatever the reasoning they are misguided, an organization that usually gets things right is marching off in a whimper, avoiding Vegas, LA as well... Only conclusion they must not think very much of their show.

I think that's a pretty harsh assessment. They're doing something entirely new for them, this Sticky Fingers 'tour' and they haven't toured most of these cities forever. While they may be hanging it all up after this, it might lead one to believe there is more in the offing. Just doesn't seem like they'll wrap up 50 + years in Buffalo or QC.

Posted by: Stones726 ()
Date: March 16, 2015 22:32

mnewman505
I love how all the trolls show up when it's tour time!

Exactly, clowns looking for attention!

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: March 16, 2015 22:33

ohotos
rileyf

[twitter.com]
[twitter.com]
[twitter.com]

I would love it if they do GA for the stadium dates in the US. All stadium concerts I have ever been to were in Europe where it's always GA and I was always able to get very close to the stage with a bit of patience and without breaking the bank!
Actually seeing the pics of Pittsburgh stadium a bit further up the thread this is my only fear, I don't think I could afford good seats and if I would end up high up in a stadium I am not sure if I will go. The festival in Quebec might be a better option then.

as much as I'd like this, I'd have a hard time thinking they'd do GA. I'd love it, but don't see it happening. Maybe thats they way they are planning on selling out the stadiums though, who knows. Time will tell...or maybe this is just for Indy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-16 22:34 by forsure.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 16, 2015 22:39

Bashlets
It's a shame New England is bypassed this tour.

True, but the NorthEast got the better of the deal last tour. Anyway, travel if possible, see them in a different venue. It's worth it

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...9293949596979899100101102...LastNext
Current Page: 97 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2000
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home