Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8788899091929394959697...LastNext
Current Page: 92 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: March 15, 2015 23:35

Indy!!! Fast cars and The Stones and the nation's birthday...WOO HOO!!!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 15, 2015 23:37

Santa Clara might be swapped with show in Raleigh NC. It seems strange they have this schedule. May be it was outvoted when they saw the list. See the updated tour list.

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-16 01:04 by bv.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: March 15, 2015 23:51

If they are filming the two Nokia Theater shows for the Sticky Fingers Deluxe set does that mean it will come out during the holidays and not this summer?

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: March 15, 2015 23:59

bv
Santa Clara might be swapped with show in Raleigh NC. It seems strange they have this schedule. May be it was outvoted when they saw the list. See the updated tour list.

Watkins glen perhaps?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-16 01:05 by bv.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 16, 2015 00:09

Chris Fountain
I could see them in San Diego out of convenience since my project is in Irvine, and it's around a holiday. Orlando is the most likely choice because I live in the Miami area. Still Miami is a good 3 Hours from Orlando. Also, please be aware that Orlando is not like it was in the 70s. It is a crowded, high priced, concrete jungle.

San Diego is great and fan friendly. However, it is expensive and Hotel reservations for that show need to be made immediately. One big disadvantage, in my opinion, is that San Diego will be the first show on tour. I'd rather catch them in mid or later stream.

If they play Raleigh, Carter Stadium has tight sidelines and most seats would have a decent view. Also the airport is easy to deal with. Of course I'm assuming they wouldn't be playing the Wolfpack arena their (PNC Center).

Chris, usually I would agree with you about the first show, but after shows in 2012, 2013, and 2014, they don't, imo, need as much warm-up as say between ABB ending in 2007 and 50 Year and Counting starting in late 2012. Does that make sense? I do like the point made that the first show is exciting because you don't know the first part of the set-list.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 16, 2015 00:10

So wait how likely is Santa Clara then? I got really excited when I saw it, it's considerably closer to me than San Diego sad smiley

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 16, 2015 00:17

I have 2 spaces available in new Full Size Hertz vehicles for 2 different Stones road trips.

1. From ORLANDO to ATLANTA to PITTSBURGH to NYC (3 shows)
2. From NYC to RALEIGH to INDIANAPOLIS to DETROIT to BUFFALO to NYC (4 shows)

send message

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-16 07:12 by DREAMTIME.

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: March 16, 2015 00:31

bv
The Indianapolis show is set for the 4th of July.

I'd feel a lot better if we had some billboard sightings here.

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: March 16, 2015 00:37

If they do play Levis Stadium in Santa Clara CA June 30/July 1, it will be right on the heels of a near-confirmed 'Grateful Dead' reunion at the same venue the previous weekend.

They must think Deadheads are made of money or something.

Posted by: jaggerman ()
Date: March 16, 2015 00:48

Does the updated list mean NYC is out ?? Forest Hills ??

also what happened with Red Rocks ??

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 16, 2015 00:50

mosthigh
If they do play Levis Stadium in Santa Clara CA June 30/July 1, it will be right on the heels of a near-confirmed 'Grateful Dead' reunion at the same venue the previous weekend.

They must think Deadheads are made of money or something.

Yeah I just posted as much on the GD thread. I'm not so sure about the made of money assertion but I imagine most true Deadhead would rather spend their $ on a GD show than just about anything else.

Still waiting for a Bay Area billboard!!

peace

Posted by: JohnCihon ()
Date: March 16, 2015 00:54

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 16, 2015 01:06

Raleigh NC and Quebec City Canada added to the tour list.

[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Date: March 16, 2015 01:06

Guys I wonder if maybe the SatisfactionWednesday thing was a typo, because the exact same new video on the Stones Facebook page says SatisfactionThursday still

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: March 16, 2015 01:18

TiminIndy
bv
The Indianapolis show is set for the 4th of July.

I'd feel a lot better if we had some billboard sightings here.

You better post it as soon as you see it.

Posted by: hirschjaeger ()
Date: March 16, 2015 01:23

i really hop they will not Play just the Songs from sticky fingers,and please Play beside that other Songs, not the usual set that we all know the hardcore fans and the normal fans thanks

Date: March 16, 2015 01:28

When do tickets go on sale. Hopefully the different shows go on sale on different dates

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 16, 2015 01:43

jumpontopofmebaby
When do tickets go on sale. Hopefully the different shows go on sale on different dates

I hope so too.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: March 16, 2015 02:10

bv
The Indianapolis show is set for the 4th of July. The festival in Canada will be added to the end of the tour. This is the "15 on Fire" tour. Plus Sticky Fingers the promo event in LA. Plus rehearsals and all the other usual stuff they do before, during and after a tour. I am sure they will fill in the gaps, talk to press, show up at events, and have as much fun and P.R. as they can.

The IORR tour dates pages is updated with the list of shows they are expected to perform this summer:

[www.iorr.org]

So in the end this is "just a tour" right? No new album, no 'final' tour, just a normal fun tour?

Posted by: jackflash1129 ()
Date: March 16, 2015 02:15

flacnvinyl
bv
The Indianapolis show is set for the 4th of July. The festival in Canada will be added to the end of the tour. This is the "15 on Fire" tour. Plus Sticky Fingers the promo event in LA. Plus rehearsals and all the other usual stuff they do before, during and after a tour. I am sure they will fill in the gaps, talk to press, show up at events, and have as much fun and P.R. as they can.

The IORR tour dates pages is updated with the list of shows they are expected to perform this summer:

[www.iorr.org]

So in the end this is "just a tour" right? No new album, no 'final' tour, just a normal fun tour?

It would be cool either way but it would be nice to have a new album.

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: March 16, 2015 02:45

From a size standpoint, Milwaukee looks like the gig to see since it's the smallest venue.

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: March 16, 2015 02:48

^ I still hope Milwaukee is at Alpine Valley.

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 16, 2015 02:50

Looking at the rumored list now, the smallest venue is 25,000 seats. Red Rocks didn't stand a chance. So much for the idea of a couple intimate venues for an extra special experience....

peace

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: March 16, 2015 02:51

I am not gonna fly from europe, unfortunally. But i like this schedule. Kind of john mellencamp flavour ( with bigger venues)

Posted by: JagFan ()
Date: March 16, 2015 03:58

I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet, if so I apologize. But I am wondering how the pre-sale tickets work. Have they mentioned if it will go to AMEX cardholders or Citi cardholders? I'd just like any nfo on how this works. Thanks.

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: March 16, 2015 04:12

bv

[www.iorr.org]

Thanks for all the updates BV.

But these latest lists are a huge disappointment, without Red Rocks, Forest Hill, or any other smaller venue. Milwaukee looks to be the best place.

An all stadium/festival tour is not something that excites me, so when venues such as Forest Hills and Red Rocks were mentioned, I was really looking forward to this and to going to most of the concerts. I went to all 15 in the US in 2013, but the $85s and multiple concerts in the same city/area had a lot to do with that too.

Now, I'll go to San Diego, probably 2 or 3 others (Milwaukee and ?); plus be near the LA area before the first concert and hope to get lucky and get in any smaller Sticky Fingers shows. That would make the tour for me - and probably get me to go more of the other concerts.

So for now, without something significant changing, unless I can get in any pre-tour Sticky Fingers shows - this will be a disappointing Stones summer for me.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 16, 2015 04:54

IGTBA
bv

[www.iorr.org]

Thanks for all the updates BV.

But these latest lists are a huge disappointment, without Red Rocks, Forest Hill, or any other smaller venue. Milwaukee looks to be the best place.

An all stadium/festival tour is not something that excites me, so when venues such as Forest Hills and Red Rocks were mentioned, I was really looking forward to this and to going to most of the concerts. I went to all 15 in the US in 2013, but the $85s and multiple concerts in the same city/area had a lot to do with that too.

Now, I'll go to San Diego, probably 2 or 3 others (Milwaukee and ?); plus be near the LA area before the first concert and hope to get lucky and get in any smaller Sticky Fingers shows. That would make the tour for me - and probably get me to go more of the other concerts.

So for now, without something significant changing, unless I can get in any pre-tour Sticky Fingers shows - this will be a disappointing Stones summer for me.

With that attitude, it will be disappointing. Guaranteed.

I had/have similar feelings of disappointment re the line-up as well as my new strategy (same.. San Diego..hope for LA gigs.. got to Milwaukee and.. (probably Canada and maybe pittsburgh)..

Then I remembered....
I GET TO GO TO (at least) THREE or FOUR ROLLING STONES CONCERTS THIS SUMMER!!!!
AND MAYBE A CLUB GIG IN LA..

That's three or four more than last summer... Yay!!

Date: March 16, 2015 04:58

I wonder if when bv says "either Santa Clara or Raleigh", he already knows which one and it's just a tease. It seems unlikely the Stones wouldn't know which one, this close to the tour.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: March 16, 2015 05:21

the schedule is good for someone living in chicago like me....lots of one day drive trips, north, south, east, and west. i can see about 8 shows without having to fly anywhere.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: March 16, 2015 05:31

I keep thinking that gap between San Diego and Columbus looks suspicious. Maybe they'll slip Santa Clara into that spot. If they really want to make some noise, they should slide into Columbus 3 days early and do a club gig at the Newport: America's longest continually running rock club, the venue that opened the Gunslinger tour, the site where John Lee Hooker gave his last American performance, the stage where U2 played their 1st US gig, and the place where Eric Burdon threatened to beat up a fan. No better place to film the Sticky Fingers show. Hey, I'm a dreamer - so sue me! Bowie, Springteen, AC/DC, and tons of others played here before they broke big. No noise reg's...

"Rocker Ted Nugent was attracted because it had no noise regulations. Stienecker remembers Nugent putting the butt of his guitar in the soundman’s face and telling him that if he did not turn the sound up as loud as it could go, he would hunt down the man’s family and kill them. That night Nugent lived up to his reputation of playing one of the loudest shows people have ever heard."

“I love this place because there is an intimacy you do not get playing at the bigger places,” Joe Walsh said in the documentary. “There’s no such thing as having a bad gig here. You can’t. It won’t let you.”

a brief history:
[thelantern.com]

and a great documentary inc interviews with B.B. King, Ted Nugent, Joe Walsh, Peter Frampton, and great rare live footage of early Queen, Alice Cooper, lots of acts. great doc!
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 11 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-16 06:46 by josepi.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8788899091929394959697...LastNext
Current Page: 92 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1357
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home