Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8687888990919293949596...LastNext
Current Page: 91 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: March 15, 2015 20:00

That is a crazy list.. If they play SNL this is either the last tour or there is a new album. Mick always has an agenda. I can't see them saying "here's another tour, we just want to play".

Very curious what we'll find out this week..

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 15, 2015 20:05

Bumbershoot??

Where did that come from???

Posted by: GPerel ()
Date: March 15, 2015 20:24

rstoned
BV, any done deal in Queens (Forest Hills) or in NYC?

I want to know too ! Is NYC a possibility for this summer ? Please tell us BV... You have written about LA today but nothing about NYC confused smiley

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: March 15, 2015 20:35

arfarf
hooked
Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but Rocks Off and Shidoobee have this link listing speific tour dates, including warmups in LA. Also, first time I've seen Santa Clara on the list. This list looks pretty reasonable-although I don't buy the MetLife and Bumbershoot festival rumors.

[thefestivalforecaster.blogspot.com.au]

5/24 Petco Park, San Diego, CA

5/30 Ohio Stadium, Columbus, OH

6/3 TCF Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MN

6/6 Cowboys Stadium, Arlington, TX

6/10 Vanderbilt Stadium, Nashville, TN

6/13 Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium, Orlando, FL

6/16 or 17 Bobby Dodd Stadium, Atlanta, GA

6/20 Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, PA

6/23 Marcus Amphitheater, Milwaukee, WI

6/26 or 27 Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, MO

6/30 or 7/1 Levi's Stadium, Santa Clara, CA

7/4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Indianapolis, IN

7/8 Comerica Park, Detroit, MI

7/11 Ralph Wilson Stadium, Buffalo, NY

7/15? Le Festival d'été de Québec, Plains of Abraham, Québec City, QC or RBC Royal Bank Bluesfest, LeBreton Flats Park, Ottawa, ON

Expect a tour similar to the above to be announced on Thursday, March 19th. Additional special promotional events, festival appearances, and concerts filmed for television may be announced at later dates. We think these may include the following:

5/16 Saturday Night Live, New York, NY, among other television appearances

5/19-21 Club Nokia and/or Nokia Theatre L.A. Live, Los Angeles, CA (2 filmed shows)

6/18 Live Earth Festival, MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey?

Mid-late July? - Forest Hills Stadium, New York, NY (3 shows)?

Labor Day Weekend - Bumbershoot Festival, Seattle, WA?

I find the Milwaukee date highly unlikely, as Milwaukee's big music festival kicks off on June 24, and the Marcus Amphitheater is on the Summerfest grounds and is used for Summerfest. I live there, and have never seen any event scheduled at that venue this close to Summerfest. Not impossible, but unlikely, ymmv

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: March 15, 2015 20:36

Saturday 27th is still free at Summerfest ..fingers crossed.

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: March 15, 2015 20:53

6/23 Marcus Amphitheater, Milwaukee, WI. This is the Summerfest grounds. Very nice 11 day outdoor music/beer/brats outside festival along lake Michigan downtown Milwaukee. 2015 Summerfest announced 6/24 opening. Have they added a previous night to accommodate the Stones?

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: March 15, 2015 20:55

josepi
two4fun111
josepi
For out-of-towners coming to Columbus, you may want to consider staying at a hotel in the arena district. The motels around campus are a little down and out, and the ones in arena are much more upscale. There is a lot more to do in that area as well. Lots of clubs and restaurants concentrated in the arena and the short north. The Hyatt regency is sold out for May 30, but there are still rooms at the Crowne Plaza and the Lofts.

[www.ihg.com]

[bookings.ihotelier.com]

There's a Comfort Suites with high ratings 2 miles from the stadium...booked top of the line room for $114. Sounds like a 20.00 roundtrip cab ride to me.

Which one? A few of them are in really great locations but a couple are not.

Clara St

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 15, 2015 20:55

flacnvinyl

That is a crazy list.. If they play SNL this is either the last tour or there is a new album. Mick always has an agenda. I can't see them saying "here's another tour, we just want to play".

Yes, sounds like a double-announcement with the new Hashtag #SatisfactionWednesday. Maybe something special - hopefully a new Album than their last Tour. I'm very curious too ....

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: March 15, 2015 21:28

dcba
buffalo7478

OPTIONS TO BUFFALO FROM EUROPE:

GO THRU TORONTO - much cheaper flights than going thru NYC, and 2 hours away from Buffalo. Easy drive or train, though a car makes more sense

You might have a hard time explaining US Customs agents why you traveled from Europe to Buffalo through Toronto. Won't that look shady to cops?
And crossing the US border coming from Canada is tricky even for Canadians.

Me I'd take the "easy" NYC route.

In Michigan, the Windsor and Toronto airports market themselves as cheaper alternatives (less taxes) to fly in and out of for international/Caribbean flights. This isn't a novel idea - Michigan/Ontario custom agents are used to travelers using airports on the either side of the border. The custom agents at the New York/Ontario crossing are probably accustomed to New York bound travelers using Toronto's airport. A customs agent at the New York or Windsor/Detroit crossings are not going to think its unusual for people to be crossing for a concert - it happens every week.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: March 15, 2015 21:29

two4fun111
josepi
two4fun111
josepi
For out-of-towners coming to Columbus, you may want to consider staying at a hotel in the arena district. The motels around campus are a little down and out, and the ones in arena are much more upscale. There is a lot more to do in that area as well. Lots of clubs and restaurants concentrated in the arena and the short north. The Hyatt regency is sold out for May 30, but there are still rooms at the Crowne Plaza and the Lofts.

[www.ihg.com]

[bookings.ihotelier.com]

There's a Comfort Suites with high ratings 2 miles from the stadium...booked top of the line room for $114. Sounds like a 20.00 roundtrip cab ride to me.

Which one? A few of them are in really great locations but a couple are not.

Clara St

Good motel in a spotty neighborhood. Right next to the fairgrounds. For football games, there is a shuttle from the expo center at the fairgrounds to the shoe. Dunno if it will run for concerts.

Posted by: Stone92 ()
Date: March 15, 2015 21:49

Are there chances to one or two London shows 2015? Or rather, in 2016, a European tour? smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: March 15, 2015 22:17

gotdablouse
thecitadel
A very nice hint in this message from BV. - the one about LA

That's the second hint actually after the "special show in a town where the hot shots are" (paraphrasing). With the UC info (two "SF Specials" to record a DVD for the fall) it's all falling into place. Good luck getting tickets for that show, I suspect it will be an "Eagles Freezes Over type".

Didn't Jim Ladd say May 20th? Perhaps these are going to precede the tour proper, and serve as some sort of publicity?

Date: March 15, 2015 22:19

BV has 7/14 for Indy show. All other sites say 7/4-Independence Day. BV typo?

Date: March 15, 2015 22:20

Any rehersal info?

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 15, 2015 22:22

TeddyB1018
gotdablouse
thecitadel
A very nice hint in this message from BV. - the one about LA

That's the second hint actually after the "special show in a town where the hot shots are" (paraphrasing). With the UC info (two "SF Specials" to record a DVD for the fall) it's all falling into place. Good luck getting tickets for that show, I suspect it will be an "Eagles Freezes Over type".

Didn't Jim Ladd say May 20th? Perhaps these are going to precede the tour proper, and serve as some sort of publicity?

Jim Ladd probably saw it posted here. The endless echo chamber of tour speculation.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 15, 2015 22:23

Stone92
Are there chances to one or two London shows 2015? Or rather, in 2016, a European tour? smiling bouncing smiley

I really hope so

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: March 15, 2015 22:25

flacnvinyl

SNL is just about Lorne.

Date: March 15, 2015 22:27

So. I needed Kansas City and Dallas. Shadooobieeeee. Think We get some quality warm up bands. ZZ top at Texas? Repeat of 1981. Man that would be a show!!!!

Posted by: mattbel ()
Date: March 15, 2015 22:27

While in the movie theater last night, they run those commercials before the previews start and the tongue logo and plane was shown every 3-5 minutes. Are they planning on showing some shows in the theaters?

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 15, 2015 22:28

So wouldn't the new #SatisfactionWednesday hashtag mean the original Thursday date has been made earlier?

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: March 15, 2015 22:30

stones2000
So wouldn't the new #SatisfactionWednesday hashtag mean the original Thursday date has been made earlier?

that was 2013

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 15, 2015 22:32

Rik
stones2000

that was 2013

Yeah but their twitter has the Wednesday hashtag, and it's a brand new video

Posted by: stonedbeggar ()
Date: March 15, 2015 22:41

Any word on the stones playing raleigh nc. Seen them in boston 2013 payed 650.00 for ticket. Well worth it

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: March 15, 2015 22:47

I want Milwaukee to be true but it just seems too good, this is a beautiful outdoor amphitheatre built for music on the shores of Lake Michigan..would love to the Stones at this venue, even from the top of the lawn it would be great!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-15 23:22 by mnewman505.

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: March 15, 2015 22:52

It's possible summerfest begins a day earlier to accommodate the Rolling Stones. If the Stones want to come to your city, you do what you gotta do to make it happen! Plus Marcus Amphitheater at Summerfest hosts concerts all summer long, it's not just exclusive to Summerfest. The Stones can pretty much play where they want, when they want.

Posted by: tweedamp3 ()
Date: March 15, 2015 22:53

Marcus Amphitheater is fantastic for shows.

I am located in Indy and drove up and down I-65 on the northside and was on parts of 465 last night and saw nothing.

I am curious on the Indy date as BV had the 4th, then the 14th and now the 4th.

Seems BV has updated the tour page.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-15 22:55 by tweedamp3.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 15, 2015 23:05

The Indianapolis show is set for the 4th of July. The festival in Canada will be added to the end of the tour. This is the "15 on Fire" tour. Plus Sticky Fingers the promo event in LA. Plus rehearsals and all the other usual stuff they do before, during and after a tour. I am sure they will fill in the gaps, talk to press, show up at events, and have as much fun and P.R. as they can.

The IORR tour dates pages is updated with the list of shows they are expected to perform this summer:

[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: March 15, 2015 23:15

bv
The Indianapolis show is set for the 4th of July. The festival in Canada will be added to the end of the tour. This is the "15 on Fire" tour. Plus Sticky Fingers the promo event in LA. Plus rehearsals and all the other usual stuff they do before, during and after a tour. I am sure they will fill in the gaps, talk to press, show up at events, and have as much fun and P.R. as they can.

The IORR tour dates pages is updated with the list of shows they are expected to perform this summer:

[www.iorr.org]

Have you got any info about the Sticky Fingers promo event BV?

That will be the show/shows everyone want tickets for.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-15 23:16 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 15, 2015 23:17

Looks like we finally have a pretty complete picture of the rumored tour dates. Thanks to all the folks who filled in the blanks! Sorry for the many folks who got their hopes up for Red Rocks, Seattle, NYC and other locations. Delighted about the Santa Clara rumor. Any Billboards spotted in that area?

Still very curious about the LA SF event. Possibly an entire show with Taylor? Anyway looks like Satisfaction Sunday for the IORR community. smoking smiley

peace

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: March 15, 2015 23:26

Can't believe it if they pass on Colorado again.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8687888990919293949596...LastNext
Current Page: 91 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2103
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home