Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8586878889909192939495...LastNext
Current Page: 90 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: March 15, 2015 17:12

josepi
For out-of-towners coming to Columbus, you may want to consider staying at a hotel in the arena district. The motels around campus are a little down and out, and the ones in arena are much more upscale. There is a lot more to do in that area as well. Lots of clubs and restaurants concentrated in the arena and the short north. The Hyatt regency is sold out for May 30, but there are still rooms at the Crowne Plaza and the Lofts.

[www.ihg.com]

[bookings.ihotelier.com]

There's a Comfort Suites with high ratings 2 miles from the stadium...booked top of the line room for $114. Sounds like a 20.00 roundtrip cab ride to me.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: March 15, 2015 17:14

DREAMTIME
FB
Is bufallo far away from New York city? Im planning and hoping to catch a show in the New York areasmiling smiley

when i drove to rich stadium (buffalo) for the july 4th '78 show it took me 8 hours from nyc

Hey Dreamtime, me and twelve friends took a 12 hour train ride from Boston to that show.The train stopped in Syaracuse for like 40 minutes and the conducter directed us to the Liquor store and we loaded up our coolers for the rest of the ride. Good Times

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 15, 2015 17:17

thecitadel
A very nice hint in this message from BV. - the one about LA

That's the second hint actually after the "special show in a town where the hot shots are" (paraphrasing). With the UC info (two "SF Specials" to record a DVD for the fall) it's all falling into place. Good luck getting tickets for that show, I suspect it will be an "Eagles Freezes Over type".

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-15 17:25 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: March 15, 2015 17:20

two4fun111
josepi
For out-of-towners coming to Columbus, you may want to consider staying at a hotel in the arena district. The motels around campus are a little down and out, and the ones in arena are much more upscale. There is a lot more to do in that area as well. Lots of clubs and restaurants concentrated in the arena and the short north. The Hyatt regency is sold out for May 30, but there are still rooms at the Crowne Plaza and the Lofts.

[www.ihg.com]

[bookings.ihotelier.com]

There's a Comfort Suites with high ratings 2 miles from the stadium...booked top of the line room for $114. Sounds like a 20.00 roundtrip cab ride to me.

Which one? A few of them are in really great locations but a couple are not.

Posted by: ARB ()
Date: March 15, 2015 17:23

New video on twitter AND a new hash tag #SatisfactionWednesday... maybe the announcement will be a day earlier now?

[twitter.com]

"From the first time such a crush
Such excitement, such a rush"

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: March 15, 2015 17:27

Any advice for someone who wants to hang out near rehearsal? A few slow days hearing the Stones muffled warming up and a chance at a club show sounds great to me.

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: March 15, 2015 17:30

ARB
New video on twitter AND a new hash tag #SatisfactionWednesday... maybe the announcement will be a day earlier now?

[twitter.com]

Now they are just messing with us, and I have another hashtag to keep updating for hopes of a glimpse of an Indy billboard.

Where are these?

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: March 15, 2015 17:42

I need to book a hotel for L.A. can anyone hint if the date will be may 28???

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: March 15, 2015 17:46

JumpinJeppeFlash
I need to book a hotel for L.A. can anyone hint if the date will be may 28???
smiling smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 15, 2015 17:51

TiminIndy
ARB

[twitter.com]

Now they are just messing with us, and I have another hashtag to keep updating for hopes of a glimpse of an Indy billboard.

Where are these?

Wasn't these billboards used for the 2013 tour?

[twitter.com]

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: March 15, 2015 17:54

Cristiano Radtke
TiminIndy
ARB

[twitter.com]

Where are these?

Wasn't these billboards used for the 2013 tour?

[twitter.com]

Yes, they were from the tour 2013, see
[stonesnews.com] - scroll down to March 30th... there are these and others from then.

So this tweet with Wednesday is kinda confusing...

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: March 15, 2015 17:54

Could be the same ones that had Thursday on them before. They are all digital and can be changed in a second.

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 15, 2015 18:04

buffalo7478

OPTIONS TO BUFFALO FROM EUROPE:

GO THRU TORONTO - much cheaper flights than going thru NYC, and 2 hours away from Buffalo. Easy drive or train, though a car makes more sense

You might have a hard time explaining US Customs agents why you traveled from Europe to Buffalo through Toronto. Won't that look shady to cops?
And crossing the US border coming from Canada is tricky even for Canadians.

Me I'd take the "easy" NYC route.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: March 15, 2015 18:07

dcba
buffalo7478

GO THRU TORONTO - much cheaper flights than going thru NYC, and 2 hours away from Buffalo. Easy drive or train, though a car makes more sense

You might have a hard time explaining US Customs agents why you traveled from Europe to Buffalo through Toronto. Won't that look shady to cops?

Reminds me of the time when I came back thru customs after a Toronto show at CNE. Boarder agent asks me what i'm doing in Canada and i tell him it was to see the Stones. He asks me if i got any pot on me and i tell him i smoked it all at the show. He says drive on thru with a scowl on his face.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-15 18:07 by josepi.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 15, 2015 18:17

dcba
buffalo7478

Air Canada seems to quite a bit cheaper right now, though obviously YMMV. (Right now they have some of the best deals fo LA to Brazil). So it's a tradeoff on price vs. multiple border control hassles (both US and Canada).

Posted by: TE ()
Date: March 15, 2015 18:23

buffalo7478
VideoJames
JumpinJeppeFlash
FB
Is bufallo far away from New York city? Im planning and hoping to catch a show in the New York areasmiling smiley

I think so and as i was reading above. No subway, no bus or any other public transportation. What are they thinking with???

By Car it's between 7-9 hours hours depending on stops how fast you are driving. Could take 12 hours if weather is bad. I think the buses take like 8-8 and half hours,Fare one way is around $60 to $80 dollars appx. Call Trailways or Greyhound and get times for busses going from Port Authority NYC, to Buffalo. Hope that helps,
VJ

GO THRU NYC - fly into JFK and then take Jet Blue to Buffalo, a one hour flight and about what a train costs. Rent a car at the airport in Buffalo.

HOTELS IN BUFFALO ARE CHEAP COMPARED TO NYC: $108 (a night, which is already super inflated because of the show) gets a hotel within walking distance of the venue, which is out in the suburbs. 5 minutes away by car you can stay in a nice national chain hotel for $130-$150. Want to be in a party district, 20 minutes from the venue by car? Your can for $120 to $195 a night at the top end (which is a luxury restored 1800's mansion) and walking distance to loads of clubs and bars and restaurants.

Meals and drinks in and around Buffalo are a fraction of what you would pay in NYC, Boston or Toronto. Niagara Falls is 30 minutes from Downtown Buffalo, 50 minutes from the venue. There is very little traffic, and an easy city to drive around. I am sure there will be buses to the venue the day of the show, as there are for Buffalo Bills football games, if you don't feel comfortable driving on the right side of the road. They generally leave the bus terminal downtown for around $5.

Ralph Wilson Stadium is known for its tailgating atmosphere before football games. Locals (as well as 20,000 of so Canadians who drive down for games) get there very early, grill and drink and party for hours. In addition to parking on venue grounds, there are numerous satellite lots all around the facility. This is in the suburbs, not far from being rural. When it was built, inner cities were really fading in America. A lot of that has changed. A new stadium may be built in downtown Buffalo, but not till the Stones do a 62 and counting tour.

Yes Buffalo is a secondary market. Yes I am biased because I live here. But it is friendly, has many amenities of a big city (from shopping, great dining, music) and a very good time can be had for much less money than a bigger city.

Maybe savings that you can afford a second show on the tour!

Will be there, and hey, you should get the job with the IORR tailgate party. Could be fun!

TE
Oslo

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: March 15, 2015 18:31

With all the discussion about the long haul to Buffalo, it seems that flying into Chicago would be a preferable option, with several shows within a much shorter distance.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: March 15, 2015 18:36

The torture never stops, in 2014 I had to trek to Philly and now Buffalo or Pittsburgh. I live in New York for a reason, this is a bizarre tour and yes I'm a New York snob.

Date: March 15, 2015 18:49

G, I am desperate for more dates. Hope for some weeks with Saturday/Tuesday, Thurs/Sat. Will allow me to do more trips over the pond. Ah, what a summer!
#burningairmilesbigtime

TE
Oslo

Posted by: benroyblenkle ()
Date: March 15, 2015 18:50

bv
Please do not use this forum for campaigns and/or hate posting.

The Stones can not play every city in USA & Canada. Some cities they played 2-3 shows in 2013. By memory I think they played like five - 5 - shows in the LA area, including Echoplex, Staples, Anaheim, I think LA got a fair share.

Also, they will be in LA performing in May anyway, so no worries.
Thank you BV your the best

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: March 15, 2015 19:00

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but Rocks Off and Shidoobee have this link listing speific tour dates, including warmups in LA. Also, first time I've seen Santa Clara on the list. This list looks pretty reasonable-although I don't buy the MetLife and Bumbershoot festival rumors.

[thefestivalforecaster.blogspot.com.au]

5/24 Petco Park, San Diego, CA

5/30 Ohio Stadium, Columbus, OH

6/3 TCF Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MN

6/6 Cowboys Stadium, Arlington, TX

6/10 Vanderbilt Stadium, Nashville, TN

6/13 Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium, Orlando, FL

6/16 or 17 Bobby Dodd Stadium, Atlanta, GA

6/20 Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, PA

6/23 Marcus Amphitheater, Milwaukee, WI

6/26 or 27 Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, MO

6/30 or 7/1 Levi's Stadium, Santa Clara, CA

7/4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Indianapolis, IN

7/8 Comerica Park, Detroit, MI

7/11 Ralph Wilson Stadium, Buffalo, NY

7/15? Le Festival d'été de Québec, Plains of Abraham, Québec City, QC or RBC Royal Bank Bluesfest, LeBreton Flats Park, Ottawa, ON

Expect a tour similar to the above to be announced on Thursday, March 19th. Additional special promotional events, festival appearances, and concerts filmed for television may be announced at later dates. We think these may include the following:

5/16 Saturday Night Live, New York, NY, among other television appearances

5/19-21 Club Nokia and/or Nokia Theatre L.A. Live, Los Angeles, CA (2 filmed shows)

6/18 Live Earth Festival, MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey?

Mid-late July? - Forest Hills Stadium, New York, NY (3 shows)?

Labor Day Weekend - Bumbershoot Festival, Seattle, WA?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-15 19:10 by hooked.

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: March 15, 2015 19:03

dcba
buffalo7478

nah, they know the deal. We do it as well, i.e. fly out of toronto when going anywhere international. They know the options are flying out of NYC or Toronto. TO is 90 minutes away.

Date: March 15, 2015 19:05

DeanGoodman
dcba
buffalo7478

Air Canada seems to quite a bit cheaper right now, though obviously YMMV. (Right now they have some of the best deals fo LA to Brazil). So it's a tradeoff on price vs. multiple border control hassles (both US and Canada).

Air Canada got some great ones from Europe. Worth the stop, instead of some airports you dont want to connect 'tru in the US. And hey, maybe we will get some Canada dates "one day"

TE
Oslo

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: March 15, 2015 19:13

hooked
Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but Rocks Off and Shidoobee have this link listing speific tour dates, including warmups in LA. Also, first time I've seen Santa Clara on the list. This list looks pretty reasonable-although I don't buy the MetLife and Bumbershoot festival rumors.

7/15? Le Festival d'été de Québec, Plains of Abraham, Québec City, QC or RBC Royal Bank Bluesfest, LeBreton Flats Park, Ottawa, ON

Expect a tour similar to the above to be announced on Thursday, March 19th. Additional special promotional events, festival appearances, and concerts filmed for television may be announced at later dates. We think these may include the following:

5/19-21 Club Nokia and/or Nokia Theatre L.A. Live, Los Angeles, CA (2 filmed shows)

Make sense

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: March 15, 2015 19:14

That routing is all over the place.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: March 15, 2015 19:15

A train from MYC to Buffalo is longer than the flight from Europe to NYC. Toronto is a good option. I am flying out of Toronto to London next month for about 40% less than flying from Buffalo....and it is a direct flight. Very easy drive between the two cities.

The border crossing into the US is indeed filled with some questions...but every entry to the US is since 9/11. Prior to that, you could cross from the US to Canada and back and not even have a passport.

Happy to help with anyone who may be traveling in for the show.

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: March 15, 2015 19:19

Steven
That routing is all over the place.

Agree. Although the European tour routing last year was a little haphazard too. The fancy tour plane makes it easier.

Posted by: arfarf ()
Date: March 15, 2015 19:19

hooked

I find the Milwaukee date highly unlikely, as Milwaukee's big music festival kicks off on June 24, and the Marcus Amphitheater is on the Summerfest grounds and is used for Summerfest. I live there, and have never seen any event scheduled at that venue this close to Summerfest. Not impossible, but unlikely, ymmv

Posted by: rstoned ()
Date: March 15, 2015 19:34

BV, any done deal in Queens (Forest Hills) or in NYC?

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: March 15, 2015 19:55

skyhawk
Here is my map of the rumoured cities so far (for the ones who are not very familiar to all the places of the US):

Thanks, like a candyjar to search the best one from Europe. What shall I choose?

(Always took candy from strangers)

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8586878889909192939495...LastNext
Current Page: 90 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1838
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home