Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8485868788899091929394...LastNext
Current Page: 89 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: March 15, 2015 14:37

It's all gonna depend on prices (they won't charge as much as for indoor shows, that's for sure) and marketing. If they clearly state in press release that it's gonna be their final US tour (with possible single show exceptions like NYC/LA in the future), that would definitely help to create some buzz for those shows. If they will aim at local markets only, that can be tricky to sell 50-60.000 seaters in those areas.

I except prices in the range of $100 (and $85 lucky dip) up to $400 for those venues. Hope they will do GA-standing set-up for the stadiums, just like in Europe, or at least will have front of stage standing pit for the hardcore fans.

Posted by: fadeaway13 ()
Date: March 15, 2015 14:40

JumpinJeppeFlash
gotdablouse
JumpinJeppeFlash
There will probably be a lot of empty seats for these shows. Can´t possibly see them selling out these stadiums in these cities. As i remember it they didn´t even sell out all venues in the US back in 2013 and that was mostly arenas.

You seem to be in a bad mood and have thus lost your memory ? ;-) The 2013 US Tour was an ARENA tour on the back of the 5 crazy 2012 "50th" where everyone was so happy to have them back that they could charge pretty much anything they wanted...didn't work so well in the US. In 2014 European prices were MUCH more reasonable last year, if you look at stadiums, Paris (~70,000) was €110 FOS for instance (near impossible to get as a result) and best seats were €150.

Whatever, still think it will be difficult for them to sell out these stadiums no matter what price.

I hope that its not too much, ill go as much as 225 a seat. Thats it.

LOS ANGELES 2015 Need the ROLLING STONES Please dont forsake us LA Fans
Posted by: benroyblenkle ()
Date: March 15, 2015 08:37

Mick- Keith- Charlie -and Ron-
Please dont forsake your Los Angeles Fans this summer 2015
can you give us a stadium show? Dodger Stadium?-The Memorial Coliseum?-The Rose Bowl?-Angel Stadium?
any one of them please
please dont abandon us.
Los Angeles needs you
your our life blood!
Stones! Stones! Stones! Stones!

Re: LOS ANGELES 2015 Need the ROLLING STONES Please dont forsake us LA Fans
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 15, 2015 08:49

Living in the northern part of Los Angeles I am perfectly happy if Sandy Eggo is their only So Cal show. Playing in areas they missed 2 years ago is a good thing.

Posted by: benroyblenkle ()
Date: March 15, 2015 09:18

well good for you
san Diego's not even in Los Angeles country it might as well be another part of the world
so LA is supposed to be cut out because playing in places they missed two years ago is a good thing????? For who??? LA has one of the largest Stones fan bases besides NYC
San Diego sucks

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: March 15, 2015 09:19

Get over yourself. Share the love.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 15, 2015 13:28

You afraid to travel?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 15, 2015 14:54

Please do not use this forum for campaigns and/or hate posting.

The Stones can not play every city in USA & Canada. Some cities they played 2-3 shows in 2013. By memory I think they played like five - 5 - shows in the LA area, including Echoplex, Staples, Anaheim, I think LA got a fair share.

Also, they will be in LA performing in May anyway, so no worries.

Bjornulf

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 15, 2015 14:55

Christos
I am afraid this tour is strictly aiming at US/Canada based fans.

Well you're gonna have to learn to Google "things to do in..."

Buffalo has a nice "County Naval and Military Park". Okay it doesn't beat the MOMA but you have to make some sacrifices for the Stones cause!

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: March 15, 2015 15:11

VideoJames
JumpinJeppeFlash
FB
Is bufallo far away from New York city? Im planning and hoping to catch a show in the New York areasmiling smiley

I think so and as i was reading above. No subway, no bus or any other public transportation. What are they thinking with???

By Car it's between 7-9 hours hours depending on stops how fast you are driving. Could take 12 hours if weather is bad. I think the buses take like 8-8 and half hours,Fare one way is around $60 to $80 dollars appx. Call Trailways or Greyhound and get times for busses going from Port Authority NYC, to Buffalo. Hope that helps,
VJ

OPTIONS TO BUFFALO FROM EUROPE:

GO THRU TORONTO - much cheaper flights than going thru NYC, and 2 hours away from Buffalo. Easy drive or train, though a car makes more sense

GO THRU NYC - fly into JFK and then take Jet Blue to Buffalo, a one hour flight and about what a train costs. Rent a car at the airport in Buffalo.

HOTELS IN BUFFALO ARE CHEAP COMPARED TO NYC: $108 (a night, which is already super inflated because of the show) gets a hotel within walking distance of the venue, which is out in the suburbs. 5 minutes away by car you can stay in a nice national chain hotel for $130-$150. Want to be in a party district, 20 minutes from the venue by car? Your can for $120 to $195 a night at the top end (which is a luxury restored 1800's mansion) and walking distance to loads of clubs and bars and restaurants.

Meals and drinks in and around Buffalo are a fraction of what you would pay in NYC, Boston or Toronto. Niagara Falls is 30 minutes from Downtown Buffalo, 50 minutes from the venue. There is very little traffic, and an easy city to drive around. I am sure there will be buses to the venue the day of the show, as there are for Buffalo Bills football games, if you don't feel comfortable driving on the right side of the road. They generally leave the bus terminal downtown for around $5.

Ralph Wilson Stadium is known for its tailgating atmosphere before football games. Locals (as well as 20,000 of so Canadians who drive down for games) get there very early, grill and drink and party for hours. In addition to parking on venue grounds, there are numerous satellite lots all around the facility. This is in the suburbs, not far from being rural. When it was built, inner cities were really fading in America. A lot of that has changed. A new stadium may be built in downtown Buffalo, but not till the Stones do a 62 and counting tour.

Yes Buffalo is a secondary market. Yes I am biased because I live here. But it is friendly, has many amenities of a big city (from shopping, great dining, music) and a very good time can be had for much less money than a bigger city.

Maybe savings that you can afford a second show on the tour!

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: March 15, 2015 15:19

VideoJames
JumpinJeppeFlash
FB
Is bufallo far away from New York city? Im planning and hoping to catch a show in the New York areasmiling smiley

I think so and as i was reading above. No subway, no bus or any other public transportation. What are they thinking with???

By Car it's between 7-9 hours hours depending on stops how fast you are driving. Could take 12 hours if weather is bad. I think the buses take like 8-8 and half hours,Fare one way is around $60 to $80 dollars appx. Call Trailways or Greyhound and get times for busses going from Port Authority NYC, to Buffalo. Hope that helps,
VJ

I searched Expedia and you can fly roundtrip from NYC to Buffalo and back for $199 US.

I also looked at other options (all roundtrip):

London to Buffalo $1,622
London to NYC $1,122
NYC to Indy $383
London to Indy $1,652

I'm not sure how you feel about Indy, but wouldn't it be great to see them on the day the Americans celebrate defeating the British! LOL!

One thing is for certain is that Indy has many more hotel rooms than any of these other 'secondary market' cities, and we will certainly have shuttles set up from hotel areas to the venue. We have some experience hosting big events, since we have two of the highest attended sporting events here every year (Indy 500 & Brickyard 400 have attendance ~ 250,000). I'm not sure how the stage configuration would be if they do it at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, but I heard they have a setup they can do in the 4th turn that accomodates about 60,000. Personally, I think there can be more seats with a view of the stage if they had it at Lucas Oil Stadium, which is a top-notch, modern, indoor stadium (with retractable roof). LOS is in downtown Indy, within walking distance of hundreds of hotels, restaurants, and bars, which is why Indy got so many favorable reviews when we hosted the Super Bowl. Another reason I was hoping it will be at LOS is that my company has a suite there! On the other hand, having it outdoors at the iconic track on Independence Day would also be cool and unique.

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: March 15, 2015 15:23

A very nice hint in this message from BV. - the one about LA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-15 15:23 by thecitadel.

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: March 15, 2015 15:25

Aquamarine
Dallas, yaaaaaaayy!! hot smiley smileys with beer hot smiley
YES!!!hot smileysmileys with beerhot smileythumbs up DALLAS TEXAS

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: March 15, 2015 15:30

I'm a little surprised at the large concentration of secondary markets in the midwestern US as well. Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Columbus, Detroit, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Milwaukee, Minneapolis. As previously stated, it will all depend on price, but it still seems pretty ambitious at this stage in the game. But I'm not going to ask anymore questions, and just be happy Columbus is on the list!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-15 15:42 by podiumboy.

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: March 15, 2015 15:38

DALLAS TEXAS!!! Cross to Dallas Texas with the Butter Queen..Rip this joint LET IT ROCK!!hot smileysmileys with beerhot smiley

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: March 15, 2015 15:43

podiumboy
I'm a little surprised at the large concentration of secondary markets in the midwestern US as well. Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Columbus, Detroit, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Minneapolis. As previously stated, it will all depend on price, but it still seems pretty ambitious at this stage in the game. But I'm not going to ask anymore questions, and just be happy Columbus is on the list!

These are maybe places where not too many top acts go, meaning relatively low competition regarding tickets sales.
And regarding the ticket prices, i never understood why they played arenas instead of stadiums. If they play to 50k to 60k people in stadiums instead of 16k to 20k in arenas they could sell the tickets for a third of the price while still making more money because 60k people will buy more merchandise, drink more beer and so on.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: March 15, 2015 15:43

@ buffalo7478

Very conveniend these infos you provide, great job!

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: March 15, 2015 15:45

thecitadel
A very nice hint in this message from BV. - the one about LA

Indeed !!! smiling bouncing smiley thumbs up

Would this be some regular stop for the tour or, maybe better even, some pre-tour gig for this thing with the Sticky Fingers anniversary DVD?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-15 15:55 by waterrats.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 15, 2015 16:12

firebird
podiumboy
I'm a little surprised at the large concentration of secondary markets in the midwestern US as well. Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Columbus, Detroit, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Minneapolis. As previously stated, it will all depend on price, but it still seems pretty ambitious at this stage in the game. But I'm not going to ask anymore questions, and just be happy Columbus is on the list!

These are maybe places where not too many top acts go, meaning relatively low competition regarding tickets sales.
And regarding the ticket prices, i never understood why they played arenas instead of stadiums. If they play to 50k to 60k people in stadiums instead of 16k to 20k in arenas they could sell the tickets for a third of the price while still making more money because 60k people will buy more merchandise, drink more beer and so on.

It's a strategy I'm noticing a lot of bands using these days. Go somewhere where they don't expect you to go. It makes the people who live in those places feel special, and so grateful you decided to visit them, they'll gladly fork over their hard-earned dough for the kind of night on the town they don't get to experience very often. I know I've often had the feeling at Stones concerts that this is the best thing that's happening right now anywhere on the planet .... and it's happening here!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-15 18:36 by tatters.

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: March 15, 2015 16:17

I think it's great they are playing secondary markets. I live near Buffalo and we haven't had a show in almost 18 years. I think we'll get the people who would go to Toronto, normally, for starters. Also, you're only 20 minutes away from one of the most beautiful sights in the world--Niagara Falls. It's beautiful in July. You can come and get on the Maid of the Mist and enjoy one of the wonders of the world.

Posted by: LadyJane ()
Date: March 15, 2015 16:25

The Sicilian
Ralph Wilson Stadium (formerly Rich Stadium) is in Orchard Park NY, about a 20 minute drive from downtown Buffalo on a good no traffic day.

About 10 minutes from stadium is West Seneca, a town next to Orchard Park. On a road called Slade Ave., just off the 90 west thruway, is three newer multi-story hotels built by the developer Carl Paladino in very good and completely safe neighborhoods.

Country Inn and Suites (164B Slade Ave. West Seneca 716-259-8520)

Staybridge Suites (164 Slade Ave. West Seneca 716-939-3100)

Hampton Inn (1750 Ridge Rd at Slade Ave. West Seneca 716-824-2030)

All three are a short walk from each other and across from two major grocery stores and a K-Mart. Also about 5 to 10 minute drives from a Wendy's, KFC, McDonalds, Dennys, etc...

If you want to stay in downtown Buffalo I'll let you know about some nice places to stay. I live about a 5 minute drive from downtown Buffalo and have lived in the city my entire life. I work about 5 minutes from the stadium and drive by it everyday so it seems.

Great info!!! And I've lived in Buffalo my entire life. But I'm a Downtown girl and I know the areas to the North. Southtowns is foreign to me. Thank you so much.
This helps me advise those who are emailing and texting from out of town!!!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 15, 2015 16:35

LadyJane
The Sicilian
Ralph Wilson Stadium (formerly Rich Stadium) is in Orchard Park NY, about a 20 minute drive from downtown Buffalo on a good no traffic day.

About 10 minutes from stadium is West Seneca, a town next to Orchard Park. On a road called Slade Ave., just off the 90 west thruway, is three newer multi-story hotels built by the developer Carl Paladino in very good and completely safe neighborhoods.

Country Inn and Suites (164B Slade Ave. West Seneca 716-259-8520)

Staybridge Suites (164 Slade Ave. West Seneca 716-939-3100)

Hampton Inn (1750 Ridge Rd at Slade Ave. West Seneca 716-824-2030)

All three are a short walk from each other and across from two major grocery stores and a K-Mart. Also about 5 to 10 minute drives from a Wendy's, KFC, McDonalds, Dennys, etc...

If you want to stay in downtown Buffalo I'll let you know about some nice places to stay. I live about a 5 minute drive from downtown Buffalo and have lived in the city my entire life. I work about 5 minutes from the stadium and drive by it everyday so it seems.

Great info!!! And I've lived in Buffalo my entire life. But I'm a Downtown girl and I know the areas to the North. Southtowns is foreign to me. Thank you so much.
This helps me advise those who are emailing and texting from out of town!!!

There is also a Best western on RT 5. 15 min away. Stay away from the dumpy motels on SW Blvd RT20.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: March 15, 2015 16:51

Amy340
I think it's great they are playing secondary markets. I live near Buffalo and we haven't had a show in almost 18 years. I think we'll get the people who would go to Toronto, normally, for starters. Also, you're only 20 minutes away from one of the most beautiful sights in the world--Niagara Falls. It's beautiful in July. You can come and get on the Maid of the Mist and enjoy one of the wonders of the world.

Well deservedsmileys with beer

Posted by: Garbie ()
Date: March 15, 2015 16:51

buffalo7478
VideoJames
JumpinJeppeFlash
FB

VJ

GO THRU TORONTO - much cheaper flights than going thru NYC, and 2 hours away from Buffalo. Easy drive or train, though a car makes more sense

GO THRU NYC - fly into JFK and then take Jet Blue to Buffalo, a one hour flight and about what a train costs. Rent a car at the airport in Buffalo.

HOTELS IN BUFFALO ARE CHEAP COMPARED TO NYC: $108 (a night, which is already super inflated because of the show) gets a hotel within walking distance of the venue, which is out in the suburbs. 5 minutes away by car you can stay in a nice national chain hotel for $130-$150. Want to be in a party district, 20 minutes from the venue by car? Your can for $120 to $195 a night at the top end (which is a luxury restored 1800's mansion) and walking distance to loads of clubs and bars and restaurants.

Meals and drinks in and around Buffalo are a fraction of what you would pay in NYC, Boston or Toronto. Niagara Falls is 30 minutes from Downtown Buffalo, 50 minutes from the venue. There is very little traffic, and an easy city to drive around. I am sure there will be buses to the venue the day of the show, as there are for Buffalo Bills football games, if you don't feel comfortable driving on the right side of the road. They generally leave the bus terminal downtown for around $5.

Ralph Wilson Stadium is known for its tailgating atmosphere before football games. Locals (as well as 20,000 of so Canadians who drive down for games) get there very early, grill and drink and party for hours. In addition to parking on venue grounds, there are numerous satellite lots all around the facility. This is in the suburbs, not far from being rural. When it was built, inner cities were really fading in America. A lot of that has changed. A new stadium may be built in downtown Buffalo, but not till the Stones do a 62 and counting tour.

Yes Buffalo is a secondary market. Yes I am biased because I live here. But it is friendly, has many amenities of a big city (from shopping, great dining, music) and a very good time can be had for much less money than a bigger city.

Thanks Buffalo! This really helps.

According to the venues so far, my first choice is Buffalo, going there from Madrid/Spain. Probably spending a couple of days in Buffalo, visiting

Posted by: Garbie ()
Date: March 15, 2015 16:52

buffalo7478
VideoJames
JumpinJeppeFlash
FB

VJ

Thanks Buffalo! This really helps.

According to the venues so far, my first choice is Buffalo, going there from Madrid/Spain. Probably spending a couple of days in Buffalo, visiting Niagara and Toronto plus 2 or 3 days in NY.
Maybe I will ask you for some recommendations if you dont mind.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: March 15, 2015 16:53

bv

Damn, that's the concert I want tickets for....I think

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: March 15, 2015 17:01

For out-of-towners coming to Columbus, you may want to consider staying at a hotel in the arena district. The motels around campus are a little down and out, and the ones in arena are much more upscale. There is a lot more to do in that area as well. Lots of clubs and restaurants concentrated in the arena and the short north. The Hyatt regency is sold out for May 30, but there are still rooms at the Crowne Plaza and the Lofts.

[www.ihg.com]

[bookings.ihotelier.com]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 15, 2015 17:01

Harm
bv

Damn, that's the concert I want tickets for....I think

You're not the only one. winking smiley

Posted by: Reagan ()
Date: March 15, 2015 17:08

Keefy
DALLAS TEXAS!!! Cross to Dallas Texas with the Butter Queen..Rip this joint LET IT ROCK!!hot smileysmileys with beerhot smiley

Saw one of these in Nashville on Friday. Didn't get a good look at it. But it had a black background with the tounge and lips like these.

-R

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 15, 2015 17:10

Red Rocks still in the mix, bv?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8485868788899091929394...LastNext
Current Page: 89 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1509
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10