Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8384858687888990919293...LastNext
Current Page: 88 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 15, 2015 10:04

Keep 'em comin' ! Gotta love IORR and all these scoops even though I'm watching from a distance this time vs the last times when they were rehearsing 5 miles away from my home, hehe...Too bad about Red Rocks but it's also good news for the diehards who would have had to spend "$800/$1000" (based on an estimate posted here) on tickets.

As for the UC info about the "SF Special"/DVD Recording that makes sense and it's consistent with what bv "hinted" at. Now if they don't have Taylor for that special it's going to look really appalling after dragging him around the world for two years to spice up their show and of course not sound as great as it could, talk about a missed opportunity!. Thing is he might want (wanted?) to negotiate his participation in that "SF Special" with more participation/money for the following tour and...maybe that's when he got "uninvited".

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-15 10:32 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 15, 2015 10:24

All these cities and venues are speculation and strong rumours, but if they are on a lot of fans wish list who can make North America, I hope it happens.

I will not be there but hoping London and South America will work out and I will be on as many gigs as I can for that. >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-15 10:28 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: March 15, 2015 11:19

It's getting more and more likely that I'll be missing this tour. No offence but those cities are not that appealing to me....

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: March 15, 2015 11:24

They are unfortunately not the most convenient places to fly to from Europe, so not sure. Would sell my soul to be at Red Rocks!>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: March 15, 2015 11:36

desertblues68
They are unfortunately not the most convenient places to fly to from Europe, so not sure. Would sell my soul to be at Red Rocks!>grinning smiley<

I was in Berlin, Waldbühne and Circo Massimo...not bad either...but indeed Red Rocks looks like the most beautiful venue...although I read somewhere that Denver is out?

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: March 15, 2015 11:51

I attended Oslo, Landgraaf, Berlin, Werchter & Stockholm last summer. Been looking forward to couple of shows in the US since i´ve never seen them there but these cities sucks for us europeans. If they don´t even play L.A. i don´t now if i will fly over? Can´t imagine tickets being hard to score for these secondary market cities with stadiums holding 60-70 000. It´s all about the money but these cities are a big disapointment. Why do they not play MSG? Don´t know if it will be worth the money to fly to Columbus or Minneapolis to hear them play the same old setlist again? I doubt they will play the entire Sticky Fingers and if they do, why do it in big stadiums???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-15 11:53 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Posted by: FB ()
Date: March 15, 2015 11:52

Is bufallo far away from New York city? Im planning and hoping to catch a show in the New York areasmiling smiley

Date: March 15, 2015 11:54

FB
Is bufallo far away from New York city? Im planning and hoping to catch a show in the New York areasmiling smiley

I think so and as i was reading above. No subway, no bus or any other public transportation. What are they thinking with???

Posted by: VideoJames ()
Date: March 15, 2015 12:11

JumpinJeppeFlash
FB

I think so and as i was reading above. No subway, no bus or any other public transportation. What are they thinking with???

By Car it's between 7-9 hours hours depending on stops how fast you are driving. Could take 12 hours if weather is bad. I think the buses take like 8-8 and half hours,Fare one way is around $60 to $80 dollars appx. Call Trailways or Greyhound and get times for busses going from Port Authority NYC, to Buffalo. Hope that helps,
VJ

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 15, 2015 12:23

JumpinJeppeFlash
I attended Oslo, Landgraaf, Berlin, Werchter & Stockholm last summer. Been looking forward to couple of shows in the US since i´ve never seen them there but these cities sucks for us europeans. If they don´t even play L.A. i don´t now if i will fly over? Can´t imagine tickets being hard to score for these secondary market cities with stadiums holding 60-70 000. It´s all about the money but these cities are a big disapointment. Why do they not play MSG? Don´t know if it will be worth the money to fly to Columbus or Minneapolis to hear them play the same old setlist again? I doubt they will play the entire Sticky Fingers and if they do, why do it in big stadiums???

These cities suck for a New Yorker. My last shows were Tel Aviv, Pink Pop, Berlin, Paris & Rome. Forest Hills I think will be a go later. I wanted Red Rocks/Miami/New Orleans/Memphis... (Also there is no more MSG. The 'renovation' took away the circulation that helped create the magic and they moved seats further away. It's over)

Date: March 15, 2015 12:23

Harm
desertblues68

I was in Berlin, Waldbühne and Circo Massimo...not bad either...but indeed Red Rocks looks like the most beautiful venue...although I read somewhere that Denver is out?

Yeah I was in Berlin and the venue was stunning and in a great easy to reach city, wich made for a wonderful break. If I was going to a show in the US I Would have liked to have made a holiday out of it as well but with these locations it is a bit difficult. A friend who lives in NY suggested that it is dangerous for a woman to travel alone on the Greyhound.sad smiley

Date: March 15, 2015 12:25

Ralph Wilson Stadium is somewhere between 350 and 376 miles from Madison Square Garden depending on the route.

6 hours and 23 minutes drive in a car for the 376 miles ( 605 + kilometers ) route.

7 hours and 12 minutes drive for the 350 miles ( 563 + kilometers ) route .... because of lower speed limits going that way.

It's up near Niagara Falls .

Posted by: TE ()
Date: March 15, 2015 12:27

71Tele
They have Mick Taylor available and they are choosing to not use him? Boring. I won't be attending this time. But for all of you about to experience your 7,256th live version of Jumpin' Jack Flash, enjoy.

It's the day after the post. But you made my day going tru the posts. Happy Most boring post of the day! Congrats!

TE
Oslo

Date: March 15, 2015 12:29

desertblues68
Harm
desertblues68

Yeah I was in Berlin and the venue was stunning and in a great easy to reach city, wich made for a wonderful break. If I was going to a show in the US I Would have liked to have made a holiday out of it as well but with these locations it is a bit difficult. A friend who lives in NY suggested that it is dangerous for a woman to travel alone on the Greyhound.sad smiley

you let me know what shows you want to attend and i will make sure you will have someone to travel with, many options in usa. i'm in nyc and still trying to figure out which shows will work but you have to wait for confirmed dates.

Date: March 15, 2015 12:33

FB

when i drove to rich stadium (buffalo) for the july 4th '78 show it took me 8 hours from nyc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-15 12:38 by DREAMTIME.

Date: March 15, 2015 12:45

If I were going to travel for a show on this tour,I would pick either San Diego or Orlando.

San Diego has a near Hawaii-like climate.

Orlando also has a warm climate with many tourist attractions. It is in central Florida but within reasonable driving distance of / to both coasts .... for other stuff to do.

Date: March 15, 2015 12:48

There will probably be a lot of empty seats for these shows. Can´t possibly see them selling out these stadiums in these cities. As i remember it they didn´t even sell out all venues in the US back in 2013 and that was mostly arenas.

Date: March 15, 2015 12:50

Winning Ugly VXII
If I were going to travel for a show on this tour,I would pick either San Diego or Orlando.

San Diego has a near Hawaii-like climate.

Orlando also has a warm climate with many tourist attractions. It is in central Florida but within reasonable driving distance of / to both coasts .... for other stuff to do.

Yeah, maybe Orlando would be an option for a european fan? Can´t go anywhere before May 25 so tour opener in San Diego is out of the question. After that my book is open though.

Date: March 15, 2015 12:55

JumpinJeppeFlash
There will probably be a lot of empty seats for these shows. Can´t possibly see them selling out these stadiums in these cities. As i remember it they didn´t even sell out all venues in the US back in 2013 and that was mostly arenas.

I think that depends on the ticket prices.

2013 ticket prices will not help the chances of selling out Ralph Wilson Stadium and / or Heinz Field and / or the Ohio State football stadium.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: March 15, 2015 13:31

tauk
Cristiano Radtke
Roadblock for The Rolling Stones to perform in Las Vegas

By Robin Leach
Monday, Feb. 16, 2015 | 5:04 p.m.

Those mid-June plans for a Rolling Stones concert in Las Vegas have hit a roadblock, and I’m told that unless the group changes its mind, the music legends won’t be appearing here.

Originally the British rockers led by Mick Jagger had planned to include Las Vegas as a U.S. “14 On Fire Tour” stop in their current world tour.

The date of June 13 was penciled in at the 16,800-seat MGM Grand Garden Arena, but it turns out that bookings as far away as Europe and Australia have been juggernaut sellouts — in stadiums.

So promoters and management have apparently decided that the group will only play stadiums, not concert halls or arenas.

Even though we have 40,000 seats at Sam Boyd Stadium with room for thousands more standing on the field (remember The Grateful Dead had 125,533 fans there for its final show in 1995), it appears for now that Las Vegas is in jeopardy and struck from The Stones’ current concert plans.

[lasvegassun.com]

So, we never did get any kind of info re. why Sam Boyd Stadium in Las Vegas, NV can't be considered as a possibility for this 2015 summer tour. Even though it's capacity would meet the Stones' requirement for stadiums only this summer. By the way, The Las Vegas Sun, quoted above, is a supplement to the legitimate newspaper for the Vegas area, The Las Vegas Review-Journal. It's not some lying trashy blog like the one we experienced for a while a few months ago which gave us very misleading info re. the Rock-In Rio USA festival May 8-9th of this year.I live in Las Vegas but will gladly go to San Diego if I can possibly score good seats. But of course, if they make a STADIUM stop here I won't need to travel.

Hey Carolyn,
Do the trip to San Diego! Want regret it! Opening night, hard to explain but you go to a show without a clue what they will do for the first 8-10 songs. Go! See you there!

TE
Oslo

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: March 15, 2015 13:34

If they charge 2013 rates in stadiums, there will be serious bad press. Hopefully they are thinking of being a bit more reasonable considering they will have 3x the audience size. People will not pay $650 for average seats. I am optimistic that having successfully fleeced the rich crowd and hardcore fans, they will have more traditional prices this go round.

Don't start complaining too much! Prices are not out yet.. I remain optimistic until they prove me wrong.

Someone up top needs to get a Louisville show in the works! Bourbon capital of the world!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 15, 2015 13:37

This tour seems MidWest -centric. Orlando would my choice - but book a room early and bring an umbrella.

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: March 15, 2015 13:40

Here is my map of the rumoured cities so far (for the ones who are not very familiar to all the places of the US):

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-15 13:41 by skyhawk.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: March 15, 2015 13:45

It seems that LA out...
And no Denver, no amphitheater ??sad smiley

Then I have to consider San Diego.
It is still reasonable as I want to see fullset Sticky Fingers and relatively easy access.

Date: March 15, 2015 13:51

I wonder how much ticket prices will be this time . Last tour it was ~$600 for decent seats.

Posted by: Christos ()
Date: March 15, 2015 13:52

I am afraid this tour is strictly aiming at US/Canada based fans.

It's tempting to fly to the States for a show if it's taking place in NYC, LA or Miami, not in the outskirts of Buffalo!

I believe they are going to do a Sticky Fingers themed show in Europe later on as well. It's such a big thing, that they will probably want to bring it over to London (at least).

Date: March 15, 2015 13:55

Christos
I am afraid this tour is strictly aiming at US/Canada based fans.

It's tempting to fly to the States for a show if it's taking place in NYC, LA or Miami, not in the outskirts of Buffalo!

I believe they are going to do a Sticky Fingers themed show in Europe later on as well. It's such a big thing, that they will probably want to bring it over to London (at least).
I hope so as I have been trying to make it pending annual leave and personal budget but it looks difficult. We will seesmoking smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 15, 2015 14:07

JumpinJeppeFlash

You seem to be in a bad mood and have thus lost your memory ? ;-) The 2013 US Tour was an ARENA tour on the back of the 5 crazy 2012 "50th" where everyone was so happy to have them back that they could charge pretty much anything they wanted...didn't work so well in the US. In 2014 European prices were MUCH more reasonable last year, if you look at stadiums, Paris (~70,000) was €110 FOS for instance (near impossible to get as a result) and best seats were €150.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: March 15, 2015 14:09

I could see them in San Diego out of convenience since my project is in Irvine, and it's around a holiday. Orlando is the most likely choice because I live in the Miami area. Still Miami is a good 3 Hours from Orlando. Also, please be aware that Orlando is not like it was in the 70s. It is a crowded, high priced, concrete jungle.

San Diego is great and fan friendly. However, it is expensive and Hotel reservations for that show need to be made immediately. One big disadvantage, in my opinion, is that San Diego will be the first show on tour. I'd rather catch them in mid or later stream.

If they play Raleigh, Carter Stadium has tight sidelines and most seats would have a decent view. Also the airport is easy to deal with. Of course I'm assuming they wouldn't be playing the Wolfpack arena their (PNC Center).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-15 14:11 by Chris Fountain.

Date: March 15, 2015 14:16

gotdablouse
JumpinJeppeFlash

You seem to be in a bad mood and have thus lost your memory ? ;-) The 2013 US Tour was an ARENA tour on the back of the 5 crazy 2012 "50th" where everyone was so happy to have them back that they could charge pretty much anything they wanted...didn't work so well in the US. In 2014 European prices were MUCH more reasonable last year, if you look at stadiums, Paris (~70,000) was €110 FOS for instance (near impossible to get as a result) and best seats were €150.

Whatever, still think it will be difficult for them to sell out these stadiums no matter what price.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8384858687888990919293...LastNext
Current Page: 88 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1667
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home