Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8283848586878889909192...LastNext
Current Page: 87 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: March 15, 2015 04:26

I have been to shows at the Schott and parked in lots near the track stadium & they provided busses to the arena, would they do the same for show at Ohio Stadium?

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 15, 2015 04:28

Detroit...
Right by the airport.

YES!!!!!!!

Its one of those digital boards that display different messages every few seconds.
JUST A KISS AWAY
PLEASED TO MEET YOU
SATISFACTION
START ME UP
TASTE SO GOOD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-15 04:30 by Kurt.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: March 15, 2015 04:33

Thank you Kurt, awesome!! Let's hope it's Ford Field over Comerica Park.

Minneapolis Star Tribune is backing up the June 3rd date at TCF Bank Stadium...

[www.startribune.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-15 04:40 by mnewman505.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 15, 2015 04:44

mnewman505
Thank you Kurt, awesome!! Let's hope it's Ford Field over Comerica Park.

Minneapolis Star Tribune is backing up the June 3rd date at TCF Bank Stadium...

[www.startribune.com]

thumbs upcool smiley

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 15, 2015 04:58

Harm
Is the rumor in LA The Hollywood Bowl? Never been to LA before. Would make the trip worthwhile since the Stones come in second place. Visiting a city comes first ( at least when travelling that far).

It was suggested on this thread, and I took it to be tongue-in-cheek. The Bowl/Los Angeles does not fit in with the heartland/odds 'n sods nature of this tour. And ticket prices would be outrageous anyway. The main West Coast leg looks to be San Diego only. There aren't many Willy Wonka golden tickets left.

But you can still come to L.A.! Today was a scorcher.

Posted by: Breedlove ()
Date: March 15, 2015 04:58

Far out man!! So stoked to see a picture from the Detroit area. I haven't seen any on the east side yet. thanks for posting!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 15, 2015 05:06

Ralph Wilson Stadium (formerly Rich Stadium) is in Orchard Park NY, about a 20 minute drive from downtown Buffalo on a good no traffic day.

About 10 minutes from stadium is West Seneca, a town next to Orchard Park. On a road called Slade Ave., just off the 90 west thruway, is three newer multi-story hotels built by the developer Carl Paladino in very good and completely safe neighborhoods.

Country Inn and Suites (164B Slade Ave. West Seneca 716-259-8520)

Staybridge Suites (164 Slade Ave. West Seneca 716-939-3100)

Hampton Inn (1750 Ridge Rd at Slade Ave. West Seneca 716-824-2030)

All three are a short walk from each other and across from two major grocery stores and a K-Mart. Also about 5 to 10 minute drives from a Wendy's, KFC, McDonalds, Dennys, etc...

If you want to stay in downtown Buffalo I'll let you know about some nice places to stay. I live about a 5 minute drive from downtown Buffalo and have lived in the city my entire life. I work about 5 minutes from the stadium and drive by it everyday so it seems.

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: March 15, 2015 05:11

Still no word on an Indy billboard. Many of these billboards are from Outfront Media, so I went to their website to look for locations. It says they have 16 digital billboards in the Indy market, but when I went to the media finder tool, it only shows two, so I don't know if these are two available now or that's all they really have. It shows them both on I-65. One is NW side of Indy facing north (SB I-65), and the other is on the SE side of town facing south (NB I-65).

http://www.outfrontmedia.com/whereweare/pages/mediafinder.aspx

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: March 15, 2015 05:12

martini22
Keefy
Yeah WHAT HAPPENED TO TEXAS??? Not Cool...WE NEED A SHOW!!!angry smiley

From the Twitter feed #SatisfactionThursday it looks like someone saw a billboard in Dallas.

I'm still hoping that there will be a sighting in Seattle, although I'm starting to lose hope.
Thanks martini22!!! Looks like DALLAS has a billboard!hot smiley...Meadow Ln at 75 Central Expressway.. I saw the pic!hot smiley Ready For my TIX.. Sorry about Seattle not looking good..

Date: March 15, 2015 05:14

Is Forest Hills completely out? I heard from source this evening (who works in the industry) they were still working it out.

Date: March 15, 2015 05:15

The Sicilian

If you want to stay in downtown Buffalo I'll let you know about some nice places to stay. I live about a 5 minute drive from downtown Buffalo and have lived in the city my entire life. I work about 5 minutes from the stadium and drive by it everyday so it seems.

Does CDTA run special-event buses to and from the Stadium?

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: March 15, 2015 05:24

Here are 3 Dallas billboards:

https://twitter.com/stonesnews_com/status/576912783075225600/photo/1

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Date: March 15, 2015 05:27

DeanGoodman
The Sicilian

Does CDTA run special-event buses to and from the Stadium?

I don't know what CDTA stands for. There are buses that go in that direction. I suppose they will run some specials to the stadium for the event but that will be announced well after the official announcement.

Date: March 15, 2015 05:33

Oops. I googled Buffalo and public transport, and got CDTA. Well, maybe it's the NFTA? Either way, yes, the public buses. Some cities are good with special events, others don't care.

ADD: I saw this on TripAdvisor from 2013. Seems the city canceled the express bus to Ralph Wilson. Nice one:

No the only way to get to the Ralph is by cab which is $50.00 - $60.00 and more depending on traffic one way. The Bills Game day express was the best public transportation service to an NFL stadium with the possible exception of the Meadowlands train to get to Met Life Stadium.

AND: ¨The lack of bus routes to places is appalling¨ -[buffalorising.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-15 05:41 by DeanGoodman.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 15, 2015 05:40

Cristiano Radtke
GlimmerGirl24
UC is Undercover, the first Stones community on the Internet, dating back to 1992.

[under-cover.net]

OMG, how could I forget that? Thanks for the reminder! winking smiley

I wrote about it some in my book on fans, Cristiano. GG24 knows more. cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 15, 2015 05:43

IGTBA
two4fun111
may 30th DOESN'T make sense at all for columbus...if tour is starting late May, (May 24th in San Diego) the logistics aren't economical for the Stones....and we all know Mick isn't going to be city jumping over the U.S.A. ...they plan better than that

Agreed, but its possible. They could be doing a Las Vegas show, between those dates, and would not need the stadium stage, so it could easily get to Columbus from SD. Still it seems strange. If true, perhaps they have more than one, relatively simple, stadium stage for this tour. I can't see them making major investments in new stages for a short tour.

I was thinking they would do LV during this tour...

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: March 15, 2015 05:43

Cristiano Radtke
Roadblock for The Rolling Stones to perform in Las Vegas

By Robin Leach
Monday, Feb. 16, 2015 | 5:04 p.m.

Those mid-June plans for a Rolling Stones concert in Las Vegas have hit a roadblock, and I’m told that unless the group changes its mind, the music legends won’t be appearing here.

Originally the British rockers led by Mick Jagger had planned to include Las Vegas as a U.S. “14 On Fire Tour” stop in their current world tour.

The date of June 13 was penciled in at the 16,800-seat MGM Grand Garden Arena, but it turns out that bookings as far away as Europe and Australia have been juggernaut sellouts — in stadiums.

So promoters and management have apparently decided that the group will only play stadiums, not concert halls or arenas.

Even though we have 40,000 seats at Sam Boyd Stadium with room for thousands more standing on the field (remember The Grateful Dead had 125,533 fans there for its final show in 1995), it appears for now that Las Vegas is in jeopardy and struck from The Stones’ current concert plans.

[lasvegassun.com]

So, we never did get any kind of info re. why Sam Boyd Stadium in Las Vegas, NV can't be considered as a possibility for this 2015 summer tour. Even though it's capacity would meet the Stones' requirement for stadiums only this summer. By the way, The Las Vegas Sun, quoted above, is a supplement to the legitimate newspaper for the Vegas area, The Las Vegas Review-Journal. It's not some lying trashy blog like the one we experienced for a while a few months ago which gave us very misleading info re. the Rock-In Rio USA festival May 8-9th of this year.I live in Las Vegas but will gladly go to San Diego if I can possibly score good seats. But of course, if they make a STADIUM stop here I won't need to travel.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 15, 2015 05:45

angee
Cristiano Radtke
GlimmerGirl24
UC is Undercover, the first Stones community on the Internet, dating back to 1992.

[under-cover.net]

OMG, how could I forget that? Thanks for the reminder! winking smiley

I wrote about it some in my book on fans, Cristiano. GG24 knows more. cool smiley

I'm in debt with you, angee. I haven't read your book and haven't ordered yet, but I hope to get it maybe at some bookshop in USA, since I'm planning to go there in May. winking smiley

Date: March 15, 2015 05:52

DeanGoodman
Oops. I googled Buffalo and public transport, and got CDTA. Well, maybe it's the NFTA? Either way, yes, the public buses. Some cities are good with special events, others don't care.

ADD: I saw this on TripAdvisor from 2013. Seems the city canceled the express bus to Ralph Wilson. Nice one:

No the only way to get to the Ralph is by cab which is $50.00 - $60.00 and more depending on traffic one way. The Bills Game day express was the best public transportation service to an NFL stadium with the possible exception of the Meadowlands train to get to Met Life Stadium.

AND: ¨The lack of bus routes to places is appalling¨ -[buffalorising.com]

I just checked the Staybridge Suites for arrival on July 10 and departure on July 12 and the price was $155 per night plus taxes. In reality you could walk from the hotel to Abbott Rd in about 20 minutes and either catch a bus or hitch a ride straight up Abbott (the stadium is on Abbott Rd.) a ten minute drive from Ridge Rd and Abbott Rd.

If it were me, I would jump on one of the three hotels I mentioned as soon as you get the official announcement. Unless you want to stay in the downtown area or the airport. It is the perfect location.

Posted by: martini22 ()
Date: March 15, 2015 05:54

Keefy
Sorry about Seattle not looking good.

Yeah, it is looking bleak. I actually live in Portland, but with stadiums being the norm this time around, I was hoping for Seattle or, at worst, Vancouver BC.

It is nice to see some markets that have been ignored in recent years being represented. That is very cool. Yet I would be surprised if San Diego was the only CA show (and far west coast show!).

Posted by: Sandy Beach ()
Date: March 15, 2015 06:04

Las Vegas is out.

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: March 15, 2015 06:31

mnewman505
updated list....

billboards have been officially spotted in the following cities, I also listed *possible* venues and dates. absolutely nothing here has been confirmed and anyone booking non refundable anything based on these dates is crazy.

San Diego - Petco Park, May 24th (pretty solid)
Columbus - Ohio Stadium, May 30th
Minneapolis - TCF Bank Stadium, June 3rd
Atlanta - Georgia Dome/Piedmont Park?
Pittsburgh - Heinz Field, June 20th (pretty solid)
Milwaukee - Miller Park/Alpine Valley/Lambeau Field?
Detroit - Ford Field/Comerica Park?
Kansas City - Arrowhead Stadium?
Buffalo (Rochester?) - Ralph Wilson Stadium, July 11th (pretty solid)
Orlando - Citrus Bowl?
Dallas - AT & T Stadium?

other heavily rumoured cities/venues:

Canada - Plains of Abraham?
Indianapolis - Indianapolis Motor Speedway/Lucas Oil Stadium?
Denver - Red Rocks
Los Angeles - Hollywood Bowl
Las Vegas
Raleigh

edits/corrections/confirmations?

Why do you include Las Vegas on your list?

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: March 15, 2015 06:35

because it hasn't been updated in awhile...

billboards have been officially spotted in the following cities, I also listed *possible* venues and dates. absolutely nothing here has been confirmed and anyone booking non refundable anything based on these dates is crazy.

San Diego - Petco Park, May 24th (pretty solid)
Columbus - Ohio Stadium, May 30th?
Minneapolis - TCF Bank Stadium, June 3rd?
Atlanta - Georgia Dome/Piedmont Park?
Pittsburgh - Heinz Field, June 20th (pretty solid)
Milwaukee - Miller Park/Alpine Valley/Lambeau Field?
Detroit - Ford Field/Comerica Park?
Kansas City - Arrowhead Stadium?
Buffalo (Rochester?) - Ralph Wilson Stadium, July 11th (pretty solid)
Orlando - Citrus Bowl?
Dallas - AT & T Stadium?

other heavily rumoured cities/venues:

Canada - Plains of Abraham?
Indianapolis - Indianapolis Motor Speedway/Lucas Oil Stadium?
Denver - Red Rocks
Los Angeles - Hollywood Bowl
Raleigh

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-15 06:36 by mnewman505.

Posted by: sstrdisco ()
Date: March 15, 2015 07:01

YES!!! I love Detroit!!

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: March 15, 2015 07:48

Ebling
AngieBlue
Signs are up in Kansas City!

Where is the KC billboard located?

Heard it was on I-70 going west from The Legends.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 15, 2015 09:08

Dallas, yaaaaaaayy!! hot smiley smileys with beer hot smiley

Date: March 15, 2015 09:16

Los Angeles and Denver are OUT.

Posted by: benroyblenkle ()
Date: March 15, 2015 09:20

where Do you get your info sandy beach wait until Thursday and then tell me then what city is in and what city is out

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: March 15, 2015 09:21

I find it very hard to think they will sell out huge stadiums on this "secondary market" tour in the US.

Date: March 15, 2015 09:40

benroyblenkle
where Do you get your info sandy beach wait until Thursday and then tell me then what city is in and what city is out

Say no more

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8283848586878889909192...LastNext
Current Page: 87 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2006
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home