Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8182838485868788899091...LastNext
Current Page: 86 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: March 15, 2015 02:49

Odd that they would play Pittsburgh, Columbus and Indainapolis. Columbus is 3 hours from Pittsburgh and Columbus to Indianapolis is about 4 hours. Seems too close to one another to create out of region ticket demand. However, odd is nothing new in that industry. If billboards are popping up in Columbus, as they have in Pittsburgh I guess it's a done deal. Columbus is a nice city.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: March 15, 2015 02:50

LadyJane
More Hot Rocks
The Sicilian
August 8, 1975 Buffalo NY, last show of the tour, the aftermath:

I was there. The show at The Aud earlier that year was much much better. First two concerts I ever saw.

Same here. First two shows were The Aud in June and Rich in Aug of 75.
Hard to believe we are coming full circle 40 years later!!!

If I am not mistaken, the Stones last played Buffalo at the Ralph on the Bridges tour in 1997.

Posted by: benroyblenkle ()
Date: March 15, 2015 02:50

just like the end of the world no one knows till it arrives
wait for thursdays announcement calm down people!
if you aint seen a billboard then just chill and wait for the official announcement

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 15, 2015 02:52

Am I the only one who finds it slightly hard to believe the Stones will play the whole Sticky Fingers album at every show? I can see maybe one special show, or maybe like a promo event, but they have sooo many other classics, I'd be surprised if they just ignored them. I can totally see maybe half of SF at every show, or maybe just the biggest hits from the album. I dunno, just my thoughts..

Posted by: stonedbeggar ()

any word on a n.c. date?

Posted by: LadyJane ()

I'm new to this forum put some of you may know me from RO (LadyJane) and Shidoobee (LadyJaneRO).

I'm going to contact the Buffalo Visitor's Bureau and some of the local hotels to see what they can suggest about lodging and transport for those people flying in to Buffalo.

The stadium is NOT in the city and is accessible only by private transportation. You will not find a subway. A cab may get you there but not home. Our city is on the rebound with a strong emphasis on the development of the Waterfront. It's beautiful in the Summer.

I am going to suggest that one of the Downtown Hotels offer packages that include lodging and transport to and from the show.

I will report back here with my findings.

So exciting.

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: March 15, 2015 02:53

yea, last buffalo show was 97 and was a weekday show, very undersold. We bought b stage seats in teh lot for $30. My friends who had pre bought uppers were directed to exchange them for lowers as the top was closed. It will be interesting to see how these mid market shows sell

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: March 15, 2015 02:53

Blackwell is sold out May 30. Open May 29, 31. I called their reservations number and confirmed sell out, but they did not have any info on what event might be going on. What's happening at the Schott that night?

Concertfan
Hotels close to the Ohio Stadium: (Walking distance)
The Blackwell - [www.theblackwell.com]
Red Roof Inn - [www.redroof.com]

A very short drive or long walk
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - [www.ihg.com]
Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus - [hamptoninn3.hilton.com]

Posted by: Concertfan ()
Date: March 15, 2015 02:57

I was just throwing out a couple of Hotels in the area I know of. The Suite you mentioned I'm not familiar with. The Hotels I mentioned except for the Blackwell are all pretty close together. Is that Hotel on Lane?

Posted by: stonedbeggar ()
Date: March 15, 2015 02:58

whats the tix price range? any ideas?

Date: March 15, 2015 03:00

It's between Lane and Woodruff. You could practically spit on the shoe from there. If it's sold out, then the likelihood of that being the concert date are pretty solid, I'd guess, depending on what's going on at the Schott. It's a little (actually a lot) more upscale than the others.

Concertfan
I was just throwing out a couple of Hotels in the area I know of. The Suite you mentioned I'm not familiar with. The Hotels I mentioned except for the Blackwell are all pretty close together. Is that Hotel on Lane?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-15 03:03 by josepi.

Date: March 15, 2015 03:03

Nothing at the Schott. The only shows at our arenas (Nationwide & The Schott) is the WHO - May 15 @ Nationwide Arena. The Only other event is Rock On The Range May 15-17 @ Mapfre Stadium (formerly known as Crew Stadium).

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: March 15, 2015 03:03

1421 Olentangy River Road . Columbus, says a mile from the stadium. its a marriot property, seems fairly new. gonna give it a shot. thanks again for the info

Date: March 15, 2015 03:05

That's got to be the Stones date then. Rooms maybe gobbled up already by insiders. No other reason for it to be full. Graduation is May 10. Campus should be empty.

Date: March 15, 2015 03:07

Just a heads up.
The Big Golf tournament in Columbus - The Memorial is June 01-07, 2015.

Posted by: jackflash1129 ()
Date: March 15, 2015 03:11

stones2000
Am I the only one who finds it slightly hard to believe the Stones will play the whole Sticky Fingers album at every show? I can see maybe one special show, or maybe like a promo event, but they have sooo many other classics, I'd be surprised if they just ignored them. I can totally see maybe half of SF at every show, or maybe just the biggest hits from the album. I dunno, just my thoughts..

I agree, but it would be nice, one of those perfect albums. I would love it if they played beggars-exile in their entirety. Those four albums would make a killer show.

Date: March 15, 2015 03:14

Called the Blackwell back and got on the wait list for May 29 & 30 just to see how it plays out. Fun stuff!

Posted by: Flyin5 ()
Date: March 15, 2015 03:15

According to Expedia the Red Roof Inn is the closest at just 0.5 miles, and nothing else is close. The reviews are nothing great but it is what it is, a place to crash. According to Expedia I just booked the last two double queen bed rooms, but there are a few King bed rooms left.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: March 15, 2015 03:21

Sorry if that's already been disussed, but I find this interesting:

Debbie from the MailingList (UC) wrote this about the Sticky Fingers thing:

"The latest on Sticky Fingers is that the album will be played in its entirety at only two shows on the West Coast that will be filmed for a Sticky Fingers 45th anniversary dvd. It sounds like a Shine A Light Beacon Theatre situation."

I really do find this much more plausible than the idea that they woud play SF on the (whole?) tour. You know what I mean?

That SF thing leaked out but that they would play ST on every (??) stop of the tour is much too far off of my Stones experience or expectations. I doubt very much they would do sth. like that. But 1 or 2 extra gigs in between the schedule for some DVD production which goes on sale after the tour sounds much more plausible to me, hehehe ... What do you think?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-15 03:23 by waterrats.

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: March 15, 2015 03:23

stones2000

There is a strong rumor that Sticky Fingers will be played in its entirety at only two shows. Supposedly, the shows will be filmed for a Sticky Fingers 45th anniversary DVD. The rumor also specifies that tickets won't be sold in advance, instead the shows will be announced shortly before show time, similar to acquiring a ticket for a club gig. The probability is high that the Sticky Fingers concerts will be in California.

While the birdie has a good accuracy track record, there's always the possibility that the birdie flew into a window and is hallucinating, so don't carve it into stone.

Date: March 15, 2015 03:26

waterrats

"The latest on Sticky Fingers is that the album will be played in its entirety at only two shows on the West Coast that will be filmed for a Sticky Fingers 45th anniversary dvd. It sounds like a Shine A Light Beacon Theatre situation."

I really do find this much more plausible than the idea that they woud play SF on the (whole?) tour. You know what I mean?

Oh dear, you beat me to posting by two minutes. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-15 03:26 by GlimmerGirl24.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 15, 2015 03:30

waterrats

That SF thing leaked out but that they would play ST on every (??) stop of the tour is much too far off of my Stones experience or expectations. I doubt very much they would do sth. like that. But 1 or 2 extra gigs in between the schedule for some DVD production which goes on sale after the tour sounds much more plausible to me, hehehe ... What do you think?

Just asking, but what is MailingList (UC)?

Date: March 15, 2015 03:31

That Red Roof is a decent motel, but Expedia is wrong about it being closest. The Blackwell WAY closer, practically next door to the shoe.

Update: I tried booking some other Saturdays in May and June. They are sold out as well. Looks like it's not unusual for it to be booked solid for Saturdays. My apologies.

Flyin5
According to Expedia the Red Roof Inn is the closest at just 0.5 miles, and nothing else is close. The reviews are nothing great but it is what it is, a place to crash. According to Expedia I just booked the last two double queen bed rooms, but there are a few King bed rooms left.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-15 03:45 by josepi.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: March 15, 2015 03:41

Indianapolis area people...we need you out looking for a billboard!

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: March 15, 2015 03:44

updated list....

billboards have been officially spotted in the following cities, I also listed *possible* venues and dates. absolutely nothing here has been confirmed and anyone booking non refundable anything based on these dates is crazy.

San Diego - Petco Park, May 24th (pretty solid)
Columbus - Ohio Stadium, May 30th
Minneapolis - TCF Bank Stadium, June 3rd
Atlanta - Georgia Dome/Piedmont Park?
Pittsburgh - Heinz Field, June 20th (pretty solid)
Milwaukee - Miller Park/Alpine Valley/Lambeau Field?
Detroit - Ford Field/Comerica Park?
Kansas City - Arrowhead Stadium?
Buffalo (Rochester?) - Ralph Wilson Stadium, July 11th (pretty solid)
Orlando - Citrus Bowl?
Dallas - AT & T Stadium?

other heavily rumoured cities/venues:

Canada - Plains of Abraham?
Indianapolis - Indianapolis Motor Speedway/Lucas Oil Stadium?
Denver - Red Rocks
Los Angeles - Hollywood Bowl
Las Vegas
Raleigh

edits/corrections/confirmations?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-15 03:45 by mnewman505.

Date: March 15, 2015 03:45

UC is Undercover, the first Stones community on the Internet, dating back to 1992.

[under-cover.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-15 03:46 by GlimmerGirl24.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: March 15, 2015 03:51

GlimmerGirl24
stones2000

There is a strong rumor that Sticky Fingers will be played in its entirety at only two shows. Supposedly, the shows will be filmed for a Sticky Fingers 45th anniversary DVD. The rumor also specifies that tickets won't be sold in advance, instead the shows will be announced shortly before show time, similar to acquiring a ticket for a club gig. The probability is high that the Sticky Fingers concerts will be in California.

While the birdie has a good accuracy track record, there's always the possibility that the birdie flew into a window and is hallucinating, so don't carve it into stone.

Is Bill Wyman already on a boat to the US of A? If so this is a done deal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-15 03:53 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 15, 2015 03:59

GlimmerGirl24
UC is Undercover, the first Stones community on the Internet, dating back to 1992.

[under-cover.net]

OMG, how could I forget that? Thanks for the reminder! winking smiley

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 15, 2015 04:15

Cristiano Radtke
waterrats

Just asking, but what is MailingList (UC)?

Is the re-issue of SF still planned then? And would Sticky Fingers likely be the theme of the whole tour (marketing/setlist wise)? Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-15 04:18 by stones2000.

Posted by: Flyin5 ()
Date: March 15, 2015 04:20

Sorry if i posted to the wrong message about the Red Carpet Inn. But I was talking about Buffalo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-15 04:24 by Flyin5.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8182838485868788899091...LastNext
Current Page: 86 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1928
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home