Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7273747576777879808182...LastNext
Current Page: 77 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: Woz ()
Date: March 13, 2015 22:12

Naturalust
Any more SF Bay Area rumors out there? I'm starting to get a bit concerned......

peace

I booked a room at the Del Coronado for Memorial Day Weekend and will hit the San Diego tour opener just in case.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-13 22:44 by Woz.

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: March 13, 2015 22:19

Woz
Naturalust
Any more SF Bay Area rumors out there? I'm starting to get a bit concerned......

peace

I booked a room at the Del Coronado for the Memorial Weekend and will hit the San Diego tour opener just in case.....

Excellent choice of accomodations! My hometown (Coronado) and favorite hotel!

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: March 13, 2015 22:19

Does ticket master take only american express or other credit cards for this shows.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 13, 2015 22:21

Looks like its NOT going thru Ticketmaster,
AXS.com

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 13, 2015 22:28

Kurt
AXS.com

It's the venues that have ticketing contracts, not the band.

Petco Park for example would likely be thru

sandiego.padres.mlb.com/ticketing

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 13, 2015 22:31

Every show I have seen by The Rolling Stones in San Diego has been absolutely amazing. Rain or shine, the fans there are just great. I am looking forward to four great days in San Diego.

Bjornulf

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: March 13, 2015 22:40

The great weather doesn't hurt BV!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 13, 2015 22:41

bv
Every show I have seen by The Rolling Stones in San Diego has been absolutely amazing. Rain or shine, the fans there are just great. I am looking forward to four great days in San Diego.

I just booked four days in San Diego as well... hoping they are the same (because of how I don't know whats before or after, I booked the three before and day of concert,assuming to be heading up the coast a piece for another concert ((or 3)) afterwards)...

Posted by: Summergirl ()
Date: March 13, 2015 22:42

Just logged on after being away for a few days....
I CAN BARELY SIT STILL!!!!!!
"Hairball" and "sdstonesguy"...nice to meet you!! I am up in Santa Ynez...and YES, we will all need to get together...for sure in San Diego!! if not before.
BV, so anxious to meet you too.... This will be a long wait but the anticipation is part of the fun!
WHooo WHooo

Date: March 13, 2015 22:47

About San Diego: The day after the show they are always on their way to the next city. I have seen dates like May 24 and May 25. I think May 25 is a holiday in USA (Monday) but still Sunday is the best day for a show. Just in case - keep both days available. I do always add an extra day for my hotels, then I can check out early and move on, or if they change to the day after, like san Diego, I do still have a hotel room without having to pay concert prices. When they announce the tour next week, all hotels in the areas nearby where they will be performing just double their room prices.

Bjornulf

Date: March 13, 2015 22:47

bv

Rain? In San Diego? Never! cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-13 22:47 by Woz.

Posted by: dennisdster ()
Date: March 13, 2015 22:50

It rained pretty good on the February 3, 1998 show at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego, but it didn't really dampen anyone's spirits...

Date: March 13, 2015 22:51

Whaddya know!

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: March 13, 2015 22:51

bv

The B2B show in San Diego in '98 was amazing with the rain pouring down. Magical!

Date: March 13, 2015 22:55

ORLANDO! I have been told about Orlando for some time now, and this is what they say there today. See below. Basically, the local news in Orlando don't have a clue about the RS billboards, but I will tell you, Orlando, the Stones are rolling in!

Rolling Stones in Orlando? Billboards raise a buzz

[www.orlandosentinel.com]

Are the Rolling Stones set for a visit to the Sunshine State? Billboards along I-4 are raising speculation, but offer little "satisfaction" for fans.

Readers are reporting the sight of billboards along I-4 that bear the iconic Rolling Stones "lips" logo. Other than that image, the ads are short on details (one apparently bears the word "Satisfaction")...

Bjornulf

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: March 13, 2015 22:55

bv
About San Diego: The day after the show they are always on their way to the next city. I have seen dates like May 24 and May 25. I think May 25 is a holiday in USA (Monday) but still Sunday is the best day for a show. Just in case - keep both days available. I do always add an extra day for my hotels, then I can check out early and move on, or if they change to the day after, like san Diego, I do still have a hotel room without having to pay concert prices. When they announce the tour next week, all hotels in the areas nearby where they will be performing just double their room prices.

What about the L.A. date Bjornulf? May 28?

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 13, 2015 22:59

GAFF
bv

The B2B show in San Diego in '98 was amazing with the rain pouring down. Magical!

The show I seen in San Diego in October 1981, the skies were blue and sun blazed at about 80 degrees that afternoon. Stones waited and came on at night in their first evening show of the tour. It was a general admission rocker.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: March 13, 2015 23:12

Woz
Whaddya know!
San Diego has May gray and June gloom, so could be cool and/or foggy in the evening—but should be really nice. I assume an evening show like McCartney. Yes the B2B in '98 show was amazing in the rain at the Q, gave a whole new meaning to Give Me Shelter, they just kept on changing out guitars.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-13 23:24 by 2014Slayer.

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: March 13, 2015 23:18

Kurt
AXS.com

How did this work for other events (now or in the past)? Will there be a special link on rollingstones.com for Amex card holders?

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: March 13, 2015 23:20

so these dates are still in flux? indy july 14th? don't see the old ladies in that godforsaken town staying out past 10:30 on a weeknight. plus they gotta be somewhere sat july 4th. seems like every sat for june & july would have a date.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 13, 2015 23:24

Naturalust

peace

Got billboards? If not, no Stones, I imagine.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 13, 2015 23:25

skyhawk

Will there be a special link on rollingstones.com for Amex card holders?

Probably. There was at least a special link on rollingstones.com at the 50&Counting-Tour for the Citibank Private Pass Pre-Sale: [www.rollingstones.com] .

Posted by: atip ()
Date: March 13, 2015 23:27

Stones726
2014Slayer
So my brother-in-law has an American Express card he said he could buy the pre-sale tickets with, my question is does he have to be there at the concert, or are the tickets sent to the AmEx card holders for them to distribute? Just trying avoid snags farther down the line, especially as it will be for the San Diego concert. I know with the Lucky Dips the card holder has to be there to claim the tickets.

No, the $85 tix you needed to pick up with ID & CC (Prevents scalpers). The presale tickets he can have print at home or mail hard tickets. It's faster and easier to print at home

A reminder that last time around, it was Citibank, not Amex.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 13, 2015 23:31

BV, any way I could please get any word on a possible Seattle, Vancouver, or Tacoma visit? smiling smiley Thank you for all your help

Date: March 13, 2015 23:32

There MUST be a STONES billboard within driving distance today if you expect the Stones do do a major scheduled show anywhere near you this summer. I hear about billboards in Atlanta, Orlando and the outskirts of Buffalo. There must be a dozen more urban areas in North America with these great billboards today. But the press don't have a clue, like the press guys in Orlando say - "Satisfaction" - what does it mean? I say - It means the Stones are coming to town.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 13, 2015 23:33

Too bad that [www.justakissaway.rocks] requires that you enter your zip code, because I know there's no way there'll be a show in my area and that I'll have to travel. I just signed up again via another account, using the zip code of a market that's actually likely to get shows!

Date: March 13, 2015 23:33

bv
There MUST be a STONES billboard within driving distance today if you expect the Stones do do a major scheduled show anywhere near you this summer. I hear about billboards in Atlanta, Orlando and the outskirts of Buffalo. There must be a dozen more urban areas in North America with these great billboards today. But the press don't have a clue, like the press guys in Orlando say - "Satisfaction" - what does it mean? I say - It means the Stones are coming to town.[/quote

Ah thank you. But I have no clue where any of the billboards are

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-13 23:35 by stones2000.

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: March 13, 2015 23:35

Irix
skyhawk

Will there be a special link on rollingstones.com for Amex card holders?

Probably. There was at least a special link on rollingstones.com at the 50&Counting-Tour for the Citibank Private Pass Pre-Sale: [www.rollingstones.com] .

Thanks Irix! Well, I'm just preparing: creating accounts on several ticketsale websites, subscribing for alerts, etc. Good perparation is half of the work to succeedwinking smiley

Posted by: triplelicks ()
Date: March 13, 2015 23:36

Just heard on the radio, Minneapolis has a billboard that says "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" and "Thursday"!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: March 13, 2015 23:38

It's hard, there could easily be a billboard somewhere near me, but I don't know...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7273747576777879808182...LastNext
Current Page: 77 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1984
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home