Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6869707172737475767778...LastNext
Current Page: 73 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: March 12, 2015 23:21

bv
The tour will be announced soon. Make sure you do follow every post here then, because in-between the smalltalk, there will be important information about pre-sales codes and options. These days the Stones shows sell out fast. Demand and supply is NOT balanced. The Europen tour sold out in no time. They will play stadiums and amphi's now but there will be one show in each city and they will go fast. If you are slow then best case you will end up in the 300's upper nosebleed, well you are inside but you see the screen and not into Mick and Keith's eyes. Worst case you have to deal with overpricing dealers and brokers.

The pre-sales will start within approx 24 hours after the announcement. Make sure you have a valid credit card available, and keep your calendar available from the last 10-12 days of May and on through mid July. They start in the west LA/SD and cross-cross North America.

Thanks for sharing BV. I know this site has to be a lot of work and expense.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 12, 2015 23:22

Is it true the sole Northern California/Nevada date is going to be at Lake Tahoe Outdoor Arena at Harveys in Stateline, NV?

Posted by: dougingb ()
Date: March 12, 2015 23:24

Thanks BV for all of your hard work on keeping us all updated. It is MUCH appreciated!!!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 12, 2015 23:29

Keith's song in Buffalo - another rumour

Posted by: tweedamp3 ()
Date: March 12, 2015 23:34

It would be great if we are able to get "the codes" early than the public, and actually get first crack at tickets.

Posted by: getdown ()
Date: March 12, 2015 23:49

Dan
Is it true the sole Northern California/Nevada date is going to be at Lake Tahoe Outdoor Arena at Harveys in Stateline, NV?

That would be epic!!! 7,000 - 7,200 capacity.

Posted by: Mojoryder ()
Date: March 12, 2015 23:58

About half an hour ago, the director of the Ottawa International Jazz Festival was revealing this year's lineup on public radio in Ottawa ... he announced Lisa Fischer as the headliner on opening night Thursday June 18, to which he added that she is "Playing with the Rolling Stones the next night in Pittsburgh" ... so there it is ... Pittsburgh June 19

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: March 12, 2015 23:58

Looking forward to this tour!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 13, 2015 00:19

Woz
Me too!!

We are all so incredibly lucky to be making plans and getting excited about the Rolling Stones touring north america (or anywhere..) this summer.

Man, I get tickets to the shows I want when they are first released.

I definitely am planning on trying for at least five or six shows depending...
The criss-cross aspect that bv has referred to has halted my original desire to try to see them all(and the expense)... But even if just a few, I am a very very fortunate Rolling Stones fan..

Hope to meet a bunch of (more) of y'all on the road...!!! WHoo WHooo...

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 13, 2015 00:22

MisterDDDD
Woz
Me too!!

We are all so incredibly lucky to be making plans and getting excited about the Rolling Stones touring north america (or anywhere..) this summer.

Man, I get tickets to the shows I want when they are first released.

I definitely am planning on trying for at least five or six shows depending...
The criss-cross aspect that bv has referred to has halted my original desire to try to see them all(and the expense)... But even if just a few, I am a very very fortunate Rolling Stones fan..

Hope to meet a bunch of (more) of y'all on the road...!!! WHoo WHooo...

I was hoping to drive across the country too but zig zag requires air so i think i will divide my shows in two parts. I'm looking forward to a july 4th show...

Posted by: montreal1 ()
Date: March 13, 2015 00:23

Lisa Fischer will at Ottawa Jazz Festival June 19th..not June 18th...Pittsburgh will be on June 20th

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: March 13, 2015 00:31

DoomandGloom
For New York Baseball Stadiums the only extended road trip for the local teams is July 24th to Aug 1st at Yankee Stadium. Citifield where the Mets play has road games from July 17th to July 22nd, not enough days for 3 day run with set up, days off and breakdown. In NJ there's The Meadowlands, a football stadium but it's really big, over 100,000 people, football is in offseason. With about a 60,000 seat capacity Yankee Stadium is much better for a show, Meadowlands would be dreadfully big.

Seems that it's questionable whether a NY show will happen at all on this tour. But if it does, the Yankees also have an extended road trip from 6/25 to 7/2, which would better fit into the time frame for the tour than the July week listed above. The Mets have a road trip from 6/17 to 6/25 but that conflicts with the rumored Pittsburgh date on 6/20. Citi Field is actually open from 7/13 to 7/22 bc of the All-Star break and a road trip but the Foo Fighters are playing there 7/15-16. Total conjecture but if they do play NY, what about Randall's Island? There are lots of big shows there now, from Phish to Governor's Ball and others. It's a big field and would fit with the Stones trying to play places they haven't done before. Maybe can't fit in as many people as the stadiums (although it's pretty big) and harder for the Stones to price it the way they want but an maybe an outside possibility.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-13 00:36 by hooked.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 13, 2015 00:45

getdown
Dan

That would be epic!!! 7,000 - 7,200 capacity.
Not a chance that happens. Too small, it's only a temporary ampitheatre. It's a parking lot. Plus thousands of people stand outside and listen. Very easy. Stones don't want to give away free sound.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 13, 2015 00:47

Will there be Pit tickets for this tour since it's stadiums and amptheaters?
Was there a tongue pit at the stadiums during 14 on fire? I know there was in
The arenas.

Posted by: skullduggery09 ()
Date: March 13, 2015 01:12

Thanks, Keefy. Was keepin' an eye open for Austin, but AT&T makes the most sense.
Charlie

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: March 13, 2015 01:18

skullduggery09
Thanks, Keefy. Was keepin' an eye open for Austin, but AT&T makes the most sense.
Charliee
Your welcome. I was pulling for Austin too. Hopefully it's true..

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 13, 2015 01:29

It's going to be Forest Hills. 50 years ago they played there. These dates will not be announced at the first press conference. The Who are there in May.

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: March 13, 2015 01:45

Look at The Rolling Stones North America Tour 2015 page lately? BV updated recently.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 13, 2015 02:37

Any idea how much tickets will be for the stadium shows?

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 13, 2015 02:40

Might they sell tickets for different shows at different times, as they did in 2013? Rather than tickets for all shows on the same day?

plexi

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 13, 2015 02:41

bv
treaclefingers
... we all know there is always the next tour.

I am not sure about that.

I thought my sarcasm was obvious with that one, when I hinted you had to prove yourself!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 13, 2015 02:42

buffalo7478
bv
The tour will be announced soon. Make sure you do follow every post here then, because in-between the smalltalk, there will be important information about pre-sales codes and options. These days the Stones shows sell out fast. Demand and supply is NOT balanced. The Europen tour sold out in no time. They will play stadiums and amphi's now but there will be one show in each city and they will go fast. If you are slow then best case you will end up in the 300's upper nosebleed, well you are inside but you see the screen and not into Mick and Keith's eyes. Worst case you have to deal with overpricing dealers and brokers.

The pre-sales will start within approx 24 hours after the announcement. Make sure you have a valid credit card available, and keep your calendar available from the last 10-12 days of May and on through mid July. They start in the west LA/SD and cross-cross North America.

Thanks for sharing BV. I know this site has to be a lot of work and expense.

smileys with beer

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 13, 2015 02:44

Rolling Stones to launch summer tour in San Diego

Announcement of Petco Park show expected March 19

Fiona Goodall/Getty Images

SAN DIEGO - Mick and the Boys are coming to San Diego to kick off the summer.

The Rolling Stones will open their 2015 North American tour at Petco Park on Sunday, May 24, sources said Thursday. An announcement of the Memorial Day Weekend show, and other dates in the tour, is scheduled for March 19. According to sources, tickets will go on sale to the public on Monday, March 30. There will be a presale for American Express cardholders beginning Thursday, March 26 at 10 a.m.

The band returns to Petco Park almost 10 years after performing the first concert at the stadium on Nov. 11, 2005.

[www.10news.com]

Posted by: tweedamp3 ()
Date: March 13, 2015 02:55

If this is true that would mean six days minimum between announcement and on sale.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 13, 2015 03:10

bye bye johnny
Rolling Stones to launch summer tour in San Diego

Announcement of Petco Park show expected March 19

Fiona Goodall/Getty Images

SAN DIEGO - Mick and the Boys are coming to San Diego to kick off the summer.

The Rolling Stones will open their 2015 North American tour at Petco Park on Sunday, May 24, sources said Thursday. An announcement of the Memorial Day Weekend show, and other dates in the tour, is scheduled for March 19. According to sources, tickets will go on sale to the public on Monday, March 30. There will be a presale for American Express cardholders beginning Thursday, March 26 at 10 a.m.

The band returns to Petco Park almost 10 years after performing the first concert at the stadium on Nov. 11, 2005.

[www.10news.com]

Uh, BV, is this true?

Date: March 13, 2015 03:14

It's a San Diego NEWS station fer crissake, not some songmango come lately website.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 13, 2015 03:26

Would there not be seperate Pre sale days for different shows?

Date: March 13, 2015 03:34

Would suggest waiting for the official announcement, but that's proven pointless.

Carry on. And on.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 13, 2015 03:53

Couple things re the San Diego news piece.

If the announcement is supposed to take place a week from today (19th) and the pre-sale the following Monday.. doesn't jive with bv's "24 hrs or less" warning from earlier today... not that everything bv says has to line up.. just in terms of looking for things to do so.. it doesn't match.

Also,
Can anyone provide the info, based on experience (I know I could research here) as to whether the different 14 on fire legs had sales for most of the venues go on sale at the same time.. or is there typically some staggering, or if you want to try for multiple venues you need to recruit help...

Thanks in advance for any insights...

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: March 13, 2015 04:05

MisterDDDD
Couple things re the San Diego news piece.

If the announcement is supposed to take place a week from today (19th) and the pre-sale the following Monday.. doesn't jive with bv's "24 hrs or less" warning from earlier today... not that everything bv says has to line up.. just in terms of looking for things to do so.. it doesn't match.

Also,
Can anyone provide the info, based on experience (I know I could research here) as to whether the different 14 on fire legs had sales for most of the venues go on sale at the same time.. or is there typically some staggering, or if you want to try for multiple venues you need to recruit help...

Thanks in advance for any insights...
I remember having a PC and two iPads running at the same time to score tix to both LA and both Anaheim shows in 2013 as they all went on sale at the exact same time. Talk about stressful!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-13 04:06 by GAFF.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6869707172737475767778...LastNext
Current Page: 73 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1736
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home