Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6465666768697071727374...LastNext
Current Page: 69 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: March 11, 2015 23:49

bv
babyblue
bv
More Hot Rocks
Toronto is the North American home of the Stones!!!! Not NYC. Love it. I live in Buffalo, NY. 2 hours away from Toronto!! Never been to NYC and never will.

You don't need to travel this year. See you in Buffalo.

Really. thanks bv I was hoping for adate there is it the old rich stadium which I was there in 81. I plan to catch them 3 times, 2 in west and once in east.

Mark Saturday July 11 in your calendar. Check out what venues are ready on that date, put some extra beer in the cooler and ask your friends to be ready. It will be the day of the year for Stones fans in the area. And remember, dates may change at all times, don't allocate money on flights or hotels, keep your plans flexible, but don't go to Cancun or Nassau that week-end.

Thanks BV. I live within 5 minutes Ralph Wilson Stadium, if that is indeed the venue. For those coming in from out of town, hotels and public transport are very limited near the stadium - it is out in the suburbs. If anyone needs info, happy to help.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 11, 2015 23:50

Dan

As far as unusual amphitheatres go, they are going to play the Santa Barbara County Bowl at the end of May.

Only 4900 seats is indeed a little bit unusual .... [sbbowl.com] .

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 12, 2015 00:11

Irix
Dan

As far as unusual amphitheatres go, they are going to play the Santa Barbara County Bowl at the end of May.

Wow that would be great! Even better than Red Rocks. Beautiful area with great weather, , small and intimate, good surf nearby. More info on this one would be much appreciated.

peace

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 12, 2015 00:21

Basically my plan right now is to see them in San Diego if that's the closest they're coming. I'm crossing my fingers for somewhere closer though (e.g. Utah, Portland, Edmonton).
Bv, is there any way I could please get some kind of advice on where they might play (in relation to my hopes)? Thank you either way smiling smiley

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 12, 2015 00:23

Naturalust
Irix
Dan

Wow that would be great! Even better than Red Rocks. Beautiful area with great weather, , small and intimate, good surf nearby. More info on this one would be much appreciated.

peace

In that case they might as well play the open air theater at SDSU

Posted by: Summergirl ()
Date: March 12, 2015 00:42

Santa Barbara County Bowl...my backyard! It's beautiful and an awesome setting but small...as awesome as it would be, I can't see them playing there.

Posted by: triplelicks ()
Date: March 12, 2015 00:47

Thank you bv for all your hints. They are greatly appreciated!

Posted by: triplelicks ()
Date: March 12, 2015 00:50

For those familiar with Red Rocks, would you expect tiered pricing for the Stones?

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 12, 2015 00:57

triplelicks
Thank you bv for all your hints. They are greatly appreciated!

Agreed. I don't know how bv has his info, but he's sure nice to help us out a bit. Thanks from me too, bv!

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: March 12, 2015 01:04

bv
babyblue
bv
More Hot Rocks
Toronto is the North American home of the Stones!!!! Not NYC. Love it. I live in Buffalo, NY. 2 hours away from Toronto!! Never been to NYC and never will.

Really. thanks bv I was hoping for adate there is it the old rich stadium which I was there in 81. I plan to catch them 3 times, 2 in west and once in east.

Mark Saturday July 11 in your calendar. Check out what venues are ready on that date, put some extra beer in the cooler and ask your friends to be ready. It will be the day of the year for Stones fans in the area. And remember, dates may change at all times, don't allocate money on flights or hotels, keep your plans flexible, but don't go to Cancun or Nassau that week-end.

Noooo! Another date that I already have firm commitments. I think I might miss all the shows closest to me this time around.

Posted by: martini22 ()
Date: March 12, 2015 01:10

I still hope that they come to the Northwest. An arena show in Portland would be great, but I'm assuming that they will probably play the football stadium in Seattle, if they do play this region.

Anyone know if they will still have something akin to the $85 mystery tickets available through their website like in the past?

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 12, 2015 01:25

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: March 12, 2015 01:41

Dan
As far as unusual amphitheatres go, they are going to play the Sant a Barbara County Bowl at the end of May.

This is great news, if true. I believe I've read all the latest posts in this thread and this is the first mention of Santa Barbara I've seen. Dan, will you please cite the source for this info?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 12, 2015 01:59

Judging from other cities and venues mentioned recently, suspect Santa Barbara is another chain yank.

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: March 12, 2015 02:11

Looks like Milwaukee may just get a gig, wheeeeee

Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: March 12, 2015 02:13

From Indianapolis Star:

"After 21 years, Indianapolis may be returning to the good graces of the Rolling Stones.

The last time the iconic rock band performed in Indianapolis more than 10,000 of 40,000 tickets went unsold at the RCA Dome. Industry insiders say the empty seats of 1994 left an enduring bruise on the ego of Rolling Stones vocalist Mick Jagger.
I spoke with Indianapolis Motor Speedway President Doug Boles on Wednesday. He declined to comment on the unconfirmed report, but he said it was "flattering" for the track to be mentioned in this type of conversation.

In 2004, a Pacers Sports and Entertainment vice president told The Star that Jagger holds an anti-Indianapolis grudge.

"It comes down to Mick Jagger," said Jeff Bowen, who formerly booked events at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. "As I have been told numerous times, the last time (the Stones) played Indianapolis was an RCA Dome date that didn't sell out. Jagger says he'll never come back, and he seems to be sticking to his guns."

At Indianapolis Motor Speedway, a new Turn 4 configuration for concerts can accommodate more than 60,000 attendees in the infield."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-12 02:14 by dhinkle555.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 12, 2015 02:19

bv
babyblue
bv
More Hot Rocks

Well that narrows it down!smileys with beer I've cleared my calendar! Thanks, bv!

Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: March 12, 2015 02:43

I just booked two rooms at the second closest hotel to Rich Stadium. The closest was already booked and had jacked their prices. HMMM.

Posted by: 72hotrocks ()
Date: March 12, 2015 02:48

I can't imagine the Stones here in Santa Barbara but holy smokes that would be fun!

Posted by: Sandy Beach ()
Date: March 12, 2015 02:59

@40x5tributobar Argentina

Orlando is confirmed.

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: March 12, 2015 03:02

Sandy Beach

Orlando is confirmed.

any idea on date?

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: March 12, 2015 03:03

Does anyone know the dates for the buffalo & Pittsburg shows. I'd like to book a hotel. Thanks

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: March 12, 2015 03:05

[twitter.com]
that's an inch away from an announcement

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-12 03:19 by Nikkei.

Posted by: Sandy Beach ()
Date: March 12, 2015 03:09

Second week of june.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 12, 2015 03:16

Sandy Beach

Orlando is confirmed.

By... ???

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 12, 2015 03:17

correction, Pepsi Center was Feb '03

I hope to see them at Red Rocks, never been there but hear it is a great venue with a lot of natural beauty, but beware the thunderstorms there, my brother saw James Taylor there a few summers ago and a huge thunderstorm with just enormous sheets of rain came up, they made everybody leave, so it was back to the car before the show resumed an hour and a half later

plexi

Woz
Re: Red Rocks

I would think the altititude would be difficult for Mick to run around and sing. That said, I saw them in Denver atthe Pepsi center in '02.....

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 12, 2015 03:29

72hotrocks
I can't imagine the Stones here in Santa Barbara but holy smokes that would be fun!

And I imagine very expensive. The demand in that affluent community for less than 5000 tickets at the Santa Barbara Bowl would be huge, especially since they have VIP patrons who have first shot at event tickets. But this could be the best show of the tour!

peace

Possible 2015 USA Tour
Date: March 12, 2015 01:12

According to an article posted on Nola.com (link), the Stones may not only be going on tour in South America, but North America as well!

Nola.com
The Rolling Stones are planning to head back out on the road in 2015, according to Ronnie Wood.

During a radio interview Wednesday morning (Feb. 11), the guitarist reportedly said that the group had met in New York City for a band meeting - and please let me know, in the comments, what you think a Stones band meeting is like - and agreed to play a run of North American dates this coming summer. The shows would be the first performances since the death of longtime sax man Bobby Keys, who passed away at the end of 2014.

The Stones last toured the U.S. in 2013, as part of the band's "50 & Counting" golden-anniversary tour. They haven't performed in New Orleans since 1994's Voodoo Lounge tour.

Did you see the Stones at the Superdome in '94? (Were you not born yet?) If they make it back to New Orleans this summer, will you go?

(The New Orleans trivia at the end seems to be there because Nola is based in N.O.)

Can't wait to see if this is true!

Re: Possible 2015 USA Tour
Date: March 12, 2015 01:19

Just found this from a Pittsburgh news site...

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Looks like we might be in for a British Invasion.

Reports on various websites this week indicate The Rolling Stones will announce a 14-date summer tour as early as today and Pittsburgh is expected to be one of the cities.

According to Songmango.com, the legendary band will play the entire "Sticky Fingers" album each show, tied to the re-issue of the 1971 classic that included such songs as "Brown Sugar," "Wild Horses" and "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" (along with a very druggy side two with rarely played “Sister Morphine”). There is no word yet whether Mick Taylor, the guitarist featured on that record, will join the band on tour.

It is expected to kick off in late May at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles. The local date, according to sources, will be June 20 at Heinz Field, marking the band's first appearance at the North Shore stadium.

The last time we saw the Rolling Stones here was September 2005 at PNC Park on The Bigger Bang Tour, which ran through 2007. There was no Pittsburgh date when the Stones regrouped for The 50 & Counting Tour, celebrating their 50th anniversary, in 2013.

The Stones played their first Pittsburgh show 51 years ago on June 17, 1964, at the West View Park Danceland.

Songmango also reports that to coincide with these upcoming dates, Ron Wood is releasing a book of his 1965 tour diary in June. The Stones did their first large-scale Pittsburgh show that year, headlining the Civic Arena on Nov. 24 with the Byrds.

I've linked the Songmango.com article post in the quote, for reference.

P.S.-don't read where they got their source information from if you don't exactly like a certain Stones-fan site that rhymes with 'Hee-ruby'... winking smiley

Re: Possible 2015 USA Tour
Posted by: roryg ()
Date: March 12, 2015 02:09

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6465666768697071727374...LastNext
Current Page: 69 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1407
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home