Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6162636465666768697071...LastNext
Current Page: 66 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Date: March 11, 2015 03:50

Got Shania Twain tickets today- July 23rd in philly should not conlfict with the Stones tour- have 2 other shows that week as well.

Probably needed practice as well buying tickets anyway!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-11 04:17 by rumcoke72@aol.com.

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: March 11, 2015 05:06

buffalo7478
More Hot Rocks
buffalo7478
More Hot Rocks
wickerman
I think the dates start to shape up pretty nicely. Considering the rumoured shows you can easily see the possible routing. As the tour will be 15 dates (15 ON FIRE?) we don't have many gaps left to fill (at least 8 cities already rumoured, if they play 2-3 nights in NYC that leaves us with around 5 shows TBC)... Looking at the routing, I would say it's highly likely they will skip Northwest (Seattle/Vancouver) and Southeast (Florida, Atlanta) on this tour... I have added some possible dates in between the rumoured shows to fill the schedule.

San Diego, CA @ Petco Park
Los Angeles, CA @ Hollywood Bowl

Phoenix, AZ?
1-2 TX dates

Morrison, CO @ Red Rocks Amphitheatre
Kansas City OR St. Louis, MO??
Manchester, TN @ Bonnaroo Festival

Indianapolis, IN @ Lucas Oil Stadium OR Indianapolis Speedway
Pittsburgh, PA @ PNC Park
New York, NY @ Forest Hills (2-3 dates?)
Buffalo, NY @ Coca-Cola Field OR UB Stadium
Ottawa, ON @ Bluesfest OR Quebec City, QB @ Festival d'été

Not Coca Cola Field or UB. Its Ralph Wilson Stadium.

The last Buffalo show at Rich Stadium, now Ralph Wilson Stadium was a half-full house. It is too big of a venue maybe at this point. Though Coca Cola Field (our AAA baseball stadium) maybe could fit 25,000 for a concert if they sold the field, and UB Stadium maybe about the same. Neither sounds like a great option.

Artpark (amphitheater right on the Niagara River border with Canada) is 11,000 max. Darien Lake (between Buffalo and Rochester) is about 21,000.

Maybe Terry Pegula will build a nice 40,000 seat venue that will work, or they will use just have of Ralph Wilson Stadium, putting the stage year mid-field.

The only other venue nearby, that could be interesting, is Watkins Glen, whicj would easily fit 100,000+ and drivable from Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Albany, even Philly. The Dead and The Band (I believe) played a legendary show there in the 70s.

Believe me its Ralph Wilson Stadium. July 11th

That Buffalo is even being considered is shocking me. We were once of the 10 largest cities in America to start the 1900s, still in the top 25 about when the Stones started playing music, and now something like 50th. But starting to rebound (other than our hockey team)!

Thousands of Canadians will cross the river to catch the show in Buffalo...like 1981. They know that, so take note...they didn't play in Ontario(Toronto) in 1981. A Buffalo date very likely means that Ontario is out...and Quebec is in for a Canadian festival show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-11 05:09 by palerider22.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 11, 2015 05:11

palerider22
A Buffalo date very likely means that Ontario is out...and Quebec is in for a Canadian festival show.

I thought the Canadian festival date was rumored to be in the Vancouver area. Did I miss something?

peace

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: March 11, 2015 05:37

Or the international Jazz Festival of Montreal?

Benjamin.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 11, 2015 05:53

Naturalust
palerider22
A Buffalo date very likely means that Ontario is out...and Quebec is in for a Canadian festival show.

I thought the Canadian festival date was rumored to be in the Vancouver area. Did I miss something?

peace

There are no major festivals in Vancouver?

Date: March 11, 2015 06:51

DREAMTIME
I do not think they will announce New York City tour dates until after the ticket sales or tour starts

Just like on the No Security tour

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: March 11, 2015 06:53

Hello all you iorr's. I'm so glad to have recently discovered your fan site. I've been on a roll now for almost 4 straight months of getting to know much more about the Stones than ever before...I'll try to be brief...so yes I'm a newbie (please don't stop reading smiling smiley..not a lot of experience getting GOOD seats at concerts. I can't stand nose bleed seats in stadiums. However, being the general run-of-the-mill Little Miss Nobody from Nowhere who knows No one (no I'm not complaining, really smiling smiley-I would appreciate any info re. if there's any way on earth I can increase my chances for obtaining a GOOD seat at the upcoming US tour--I know, such a unique request smiling smiley of course everyone wants that...I live in Las Vegas, 5 minutes drive to the MGM Grand Garden & can see the MGM emerald green bldg right outside my window...but of course that's only home to an ARENA, not a stadium. So I might as well live in Timbucktoo I guess if the Stones aren't coming to Vegas. Question # 1) After the Announcement is made then what happens and how fast? Is Ticket Master my only option for buying a ticket? Past experience tells me I'll never get any where with that...except nosebleed seats. Question #2) I am willing to travel to a nearby state even to buy the ticket in person. Does "camping out" at a box office work these days? Question #3) Also, can you tell me, after the "announcement" is made re. the US Summer Tour do ALL of the locations start selling tickets at the same time? Or do only the first few cities start selling tickets first? Again, thanks in advance for any advice any of y'all can gimme.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-11 11:24 by tauk.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 11, 2015 09:40

tauk

Question #1) After the Announcement is made then what happens and how fast? Is Ticket Master my only option for buying a ticket?

Look out for the exclusive pre-sale to get the best Tickets. In the past the exclusive pre-sale was e.g. in conjunction with a Credit Card issuer.

tauk

Question #2) I am willing to travel to a nearby state even to buy the ticket in person. Does "camping out" at a box office work these days?

Maybe it's better to use the online pre-sale.

tauk

Question #3) Also, can you tell me, after the "announcement" is made re. the US Summer Tour do ALL of the locations start selling tickets at the same time? Or do only the first few cities start selling tickets first?

See e.g. the announcement from the 50&Counting-Tour: some dates were already on sale and some dates were still TBA. Maybe it depends on from the local promoters. Take simply a look at RollingStones.com (or their Twitter / Facebook) as well as here on IORR regularly to ensure that you not miss the important news and dates.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-11 12:30 by Irix.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 11, 2015 10:18

Irix
Take simply a look at RollingStones.com (or their Twitter / Facebook) as well as here on IORR regularly to ensure that you're not miss the important news and dates.

Good advise

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 11, 2015 10:21

A lot of sources say the announcement will be this week. Do you guys think it will really happen this week?

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: March 11, 2015 10:31

For what its worth, I believe they will keep us hanging on until some time in April. 6 Weeks before the first public show. Now by my claculation that makes it near 15 April, the US tax due date. I cannot imagine the Stones( or anyone) asking the American Populace to buy expensive tickets on tax date...so 17 April, which is also my birthday, yep that is what is going to happen.

Lose your dreams
And you will lose your mind.

Or maybe the other way around >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 11, 2015 10:42

Despite the tax due date, I am with Kahoosier and think that announcement will start beginning of April. However it could be also that there will be little hints on Twitter or Facebook before that date. I could also imagine that the announcement and presales starts all in one. I don't think they will realease only some dates and the rest later as there will be now multiple shows at one place. At least that is what I understand from BV

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: March 11, 2015 10:54

Wander
Hound Dog
Wander we are about 45 minutes from Red Rocks, can't believe this show might be happening.

WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!! Where are you folks at? We are in Conifer, just a short drive down 285 to the "back way" into Red Rocks. If it happens, We will host a big ole shindig at our house. We will have lots of crash space available if any one needs a place to crash. Widespread panic just announced June 26-28 at red rocks so those dates are out...

Looking at the schedule of Red Rocks (http://redrocksonline.com/concerts-events/listing) and the tourdates of Widespread Panic (http://www.widespreadpanic.com/tour) a show at Red Rocks could only happen on June 22, 23 or 24?
When they keep holding on the schedule Saturday-Wednesday (like they did in Australia 2014) it will be most likely Wednesday June 24?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-11 11:05 by skyhawk.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 11, 2015 11:20

Grison

I don't think they will realease only some dates and the rest later as there will be now multiple shows at one place. At least that is what I understand from BV

I would say there are no multiple shows at one place according to BV's Post: [www.iorr.org] .

And I guess too that the announcement is in April, considering the 1st anniversary of the very sad events from March 17, 2014 ....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-11 11:30 by Irix.

Date: March 11, 2015 11:30

Irix
Grison

I don't think they will realease only some dates and the rest later as there will be now multiple shows at one place. At least that is what I understand from BV

I would say there are no multiple shows at one place according to BV's Post: [www.iorr.org] .
That is what I was actually planning to write, but the "W" just went in. Correct there will be NO mutiple shows. However it would have been nice.

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: March 11, 2015 12:38

For what it's worth the official Superheavy Facebook page posted a report on Red Rocks:
Superheavy Facebook

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: March 11, 2015 13:34

I would say Red Rocks date will fall somewhere between rumoured Hollywood Bowl (28th May) and Milwaukee (23rd June)... Rather first half of June, due to scheduling. The following dates are still available in Red Rocks calendar - I would say 7-9 June gap sounds most possible...

June 2
June 7
June 8
June 9
June 15
June 18
June 19

Date: March 11, 2015 13:41

wickerman
I would say Red Rocks date will fall somewhere between rumoured Hollywood Bowl (28th May) and Milwaukee (23rd June)...

From where did you source the 28th May for Hollywood Bowl?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: March 11, 2015 13:51

ohotos
For what it's worth the official Superheavy Facebook page posted a report on Red Rocks:
Superheavy Facebook
i wonder if someone gets paid to continue Superheavy Promotion on Facebook more
than three years after the project or if it's just Dave Stewart posting there on
his own. regarding the Red Rocks post, those rumours seem to go in circles.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 11, 2015 14:25

Songmango also updated their Facebook status last night, saying that "The Stones' tour announcement could come as soon as tomorrow, March 11th". It's essentially the same thing they said on their website.

Might have to take that with a grain of salt. Last year BV pretty much had his list of dates set and posted around March 1, and the first European shows of 2014 were officially announced on March 12.

Which was a Wednesday winking smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-11 14:34 by Topi.

Posted by: montreal1 ()
Date: March 11, 2015 14:44

I can assure you 100% that the band is not playing at Montreal Jazz Festival !

Date: March 11, 2015 15:03

Where did the Milwaukee date on the 23rd come from

That one surley is not true

And is it really possible the Stones skip the south again?

If so I see them coming back one more time

Atlanta, Miami, New Orleans, Houston Dallas or Austin,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-11 15:05 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: March 11, 2015 15:04

[email protected]
Is there public transportation in Buffalo to the stadium?

maybe a bus, i'm sure you could catch it to the show, with about a half mile walk to the stadium. After the show, I think it would be a major PITA. its a decent drive from the stadium to the city (8-10 miles). There are a few hotels within about 5 miles. There are one or two within a mile that I wouldnt even bring a working girl to for an hour. If you go (IF they play there), you pretty much need to plan on driving or cabbing

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: March 11, 2015 15:12

Once the 50th aniversary of the band has been celebrated with the previous warhoses-based tours, it could be desirable a new tour with other no-so-famous songs and some new stuff as well.
It is my desire, a new album and a non-greatest hits set list

Anyway, thank you RS for your legacy

Date: March 11, 2015 15:17

Hey everyone. I was hoping I could get some quick advice from all of you. Should I plan on going to the San Diego show, or do you think they'll come somewhere closer to me (I live in Victoria, BC). I don't even mean necessarily Vancouver or Seattle (although that would be awesome), maybe even like Portland or Utah or somewhere even minimally closer. All of your opinions are really appreciated! Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-11 15:17 by stones2000.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 11, 2015 15:39

Don't make plans based on speculative and incomplete information. Be pragmatic.

Wait for an official announcement.

Date: March 11, 2015 15:42

bye bye johnny
Don't make plans based on speculative and incomplete information. Be pragmatic.

Wait for an official announcement.

I will, thanks. Hopefully that announcement will happen later today

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: March 11, 2015 16:03

KeithNacho
Once the 50th aniversary of the band has been celebrated with the previous warhoses-based tours, it could be desirable a new tour with other no-so-famous songs and some new stuff as well.
It is my desire, a new album and a non-greatest hits set list

Anyway, thank you RS for your legacy

I wouldn't count on it. If it is indeed a lot of stadiums, they will stick with the warhorses. That being said, they usually switch up one or two tunes near the top of the set to throw the hardcore a bone. And something may take the place of Doom & Gloom as the "new song", maybe one of the bonus Sticky Fingers tracks? And maybe Keith will finally break out Little T&A.

Also, if seeing rarely played tunes is your thing, here's a tip: they usually occur most during the first two or three shows of the tour as they work out what works for them and what doesn't.

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: March 11, 2015 16:04

early bird gets the worm if you have an idea or strong rumor it makes sense to make plans that can canceled without penalty due to the fact that as soon as the travel industry becomes aware of the show/date/location they jack up prices through the roof. Look at the grateful dead shows in chicago. If you reserved on the rumor rooms were going for sub 200 at very nice hotels. After the shows were announced prices doubled. Now buying non-refundable air, taking vacation days, etc... is not wise to be sure.

Date: March 11, 2015 16:13

jumpontopofmebaby
Where did the Milwaukee date on the 23rd come from

A Lisa Fischer show in Victoria, BC was postponed a day due a show in Milwaukee.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6162636465666768697071...LastNext
Current Page: 66 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1731
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home