Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6061626364656667686970...LastNext
Current Page: 65 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: March 10, 2015 20:54

Yes Memphis, BBQ, the Blues , Beale Street, Sun Studios, the Gibson factory, and RnR Mecca, Graceland!!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 10, 2015 20:55

I'm starting to believe official release in two more weeks. The unofficial marketing machine is doing very well indeed thank you very much…lol

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 10, 2015 21:27

wickerman
I think the dates start to shape up pretty nicely. Considering the rumoured shows you can easily see the possible routing. As the tour will be 15 dates (15 ON FIRE?) we don't have many gaps left to fill (at least 8 cities already rumoured, if they play 2-3 nights in NYC that leaves us with around 5 shows TBC)... Looking at the routing, I would say it's highly likely they will skip Northwest (Seattle/Vancouver) and Southeast (Florida, Atlanta) on this tour... I have added some possible dates in between the rumoured shows to fill the schedule.

San Diego, CA @ Petco Park
Los Angeles, CA @ Hollywood Bowl

Phoenix, AZ?
1-2 TX dates

Morrison, CO @ Red Rocks Amphitheatre
Kansas City OR St. Louis, MO??
Manchester, TN @ Bonnaroo Festival

Indianapolis, IN @ Lucas Oil Stadium OR Indianapolis Speedway
Pittsburgh, PA @ PNC Park
New York, NY @ Forest Hills (2-3 dates?)
Buffalo, NY @ Coca-Cola Field OR UB Stadium
Ottawa, ON @ Bluesfest OR Quebec City, QB @ Festival d'été

Not Coca Cola Field or UB. Its Ralph Wilson Stadium.

Date: March 10, 2015 21:42

Come on BV give us a hint!

Memphis?

Dallas / Austin?

Kansas City?

Atlanta?

Miami?

New Orleans?

Looks like 8 or 9 of the 14 shows are set so we only have 5 or 6 citites left

And I am hoping Indianapolis is not the Speedway

Stick to Stadiums please!!!

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 10, 2015 21:57

Does anybody think it could be tommorow (the announcement)?

Posted by: Sandy Beach ()
Date: March 10, 2015 22:04

@40x5tributobar, Argentina.

Confirmed: No New York City, No Los Angeles, No Miami.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 10, 2015 22:12

stones2000
Does anybody think it could be tommorow (the announcement)?

In a previous post it was found the last three tour announcements
Happened on a Wednesday and That is tomorrow. Eight days from now
Is another Wednesday etc. If the announcement is with the band
In person than they would notify the press and we would all know
Ahead of time. So...maybe tomorrow but probably on a Wednesday.

Posted by: Wander ()
Date: March 10, 2015 22:18

Local media outlets here in Colorado are reporting the Red Rocks "rumour".

[www.google.com]

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: March 10, 2015 22:23

I'm hearing June 20 for Pittsburgh.

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: March 10, 2015 22:25

From StonesDoug on Shidoobee--5/25 is Memorial Day so 5/24 works well. And Petco Park is open that weekend:

"5/24 San Diego opening

No Miami

No NYC"

Posted by: argentina92 ()
Date: March 10, 2015 22:29

we need the BV words.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 10, 2015 22:43

argentina92
we need the BV words.

…or the band (no offense BV)

Date: March 10, 2015 22:57

Southern California radio reports Hollywood Bowl opener...

[thesoundla.com]

Posted by: smashmark ()
Date: March 10, 2015 23:03

All these third party reports are just getting the info right from these message boards!

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 10, 2015 23:05

Wander

[thesoundla.com]

I also have on good authority they are playing the Elko, Nevada Convention Center June 3rd

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 10, 2015 23:07

I do not think they will announce New York City tour dates until after the ticket sales or tour starts

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-10 23:11 by DREAMTIME.

Date: March 10, 2015 23:14

Dan
Wander

[thesoundla.com]

I also have on good authority they are playing the Elko, Nevada Convention Center June 3rd

I just wish they would announce the South American dates along with the North American dates. Red Rocks is literally 20 minutes from my home, so we are super stoked for that!!! But we are spending six weeks in South America this fall, and really hope to see the Stones while there. Planning to arrive in Peru on Oct 11, and spend time in Argentina and Chile as well. It woud be awesome if the played Mendoza or Bariloche (PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE!!!), but Ill settle for Buenos Aires, Santiago and Quito!!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: March 10, 2015 23:25

Someone must've skimmed the past 65 pages and missed the gig happening at our studio here in Louisville, KY. Small gig, IORR'ers only. They are playing Chuck Berry's Great 28 start to finish. We are going to broadcast it live.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: March 10, 2015 23:35

More Hot Rocks
wickerman
I think the dates start to shape up pretty nicely. Considering the rumoured shows you can easily see the possible routing. As the tour will be 15 dates (15 ON FIRE?) we don't have many gaps left to fill (at least 8 cities already rumoured, if they play 2-3 nights in NYC that leaves us with around 5 shows TBC)... Looking at the routing, I would say it's highly likely they will skip Northwest (Seattle/Vancouver) and Southeast (Florida, Atlanta) on this tour... I have added some possible dates in between the rumoured shows to fill the schedule.

Phoenix, AZ?
1-2 TX dates

The last Buffalo show at Rich Stadium, now Ralph Wilson Stadium was a half-full house. It is too big of a venue maybe at this point. Though Coca Cola Field (our AAA baseball stadium) maybe could fit 25,000 for a concert if they sold the field, and UB Stadium maybe about the same. Neither sounds like a great option.

Artpark (amphitheater right on the Niagara River border with Canada) is 11,000 max. Darien Lake (between Buffalo and Rochester) is about 21,000.

Maybe Terry Pegula will build a nice 40,000 seat venue that will work, or they will use just have of Ralph Wilson Stadium, putting the stage year mid-field.

The only other venue nearby, that could be interesting, is Watkins Glen, whicj would easily fit 100,000+ and drivable from Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Albany, even Philly. The Dead and The Band (I believe) played a legendary show there in the 70s.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: March 10, 2015 23:37

Wander we are about 45 minutes from Red Rocks, can't believe this show might be happening.

Date: March 10, 2015 23:46

Hound Dog
Wander we are about 45 minutes from Red Rocks, can't believe this show might be happening.

WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!! Where are you folks at? We are in Conifer, just a short drive down 285 to the "back way" into Red Rocks. If it happens, We will host a big ole shindig at our house. We will have lots of crash space available if any one needs a place to crash. Widespread panic just announced June 26-28 at red rocks so those dates are out...

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: March 10, 2015 23:50

Wander thank you for the invite! We are in Colorado Springs. I have seen the Stones 11 times however my wife has never seen them, our wedding was actually the reason we missed them last time around.. She is a huge fan so we will have to do whatever it takes to get in that show! We are also seeing Ryan Adams at Red Rocks in June, another one of our favorites. Could be awesome with these shows!!

Date: March 11, 2015 00:01

Hound Dog
we will have to do whatever it takes to get in that show!

Me too, obviously it will be a tough ticket to get, but I WILL get a ticket, one way or another. I hate to pay scalpers, but in this case... I will make an exception as a LAST resort. It will be interesting to see how the ticketing goes for this show. The last few times I have needed tickets to a big event, the online experience was horrendous. We were able to score nosebleed seats to one of the Chicago shows, but our obstructed view didnt allow us to even see Charlie. This time around I will pay whatever it takes....Although there are no bad seats at Red Rocks. It would be great to see them here in my back yard in the best ampitheatre in North America, as I am sure that South America will be soccer stadiums...

Posted by: jabhead ()
Date: March 11, 2015 00:20

Colorado Springs here. Best of luck to all scoring tickets for Red Rocks!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 11, 2015 01:16

buffalo7478
More Hot Rocks
wickerman

Phoenix, AZ?
1-2 TX dates

The last Buffalo show at Rich Stadium, now Ralph Wilson Stadium was a half-full house. It is too big of a venue maybe at this point. Though Coca Cola Field (our AAA baseball stadium) maybe could fit 25,000 for a concert if they sold the field, and UB Stadium maybe about the same. Neither sounds like a great option.

Artpark (amphitheater right on the Niagara River border with Canada) is 11,000 max. Darien Lake (between Buffalo and Rochester) is about 21,000.

Maybe Terry Pegula will build a nice 40,000 seat venue that will work, or they will use just have of Ralph Wilson Stadium, putting the stage year mid-field.

The only other venue nearby, that could be interesting, is Watkins Glen, whicj would easily fit 100,000+ and drivable from Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Albany, even Philly. The Dead and The Band (I believe) played a legendary show there in the 70s.

Believe me its Ralph Wilson Stadium. July 11th

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: March 11, 2015 02:37

More Hot Rocks
buffalo7478
More Hot Rocks
wickerman

Phoenix, AZ?
1-2 TX dates

Believe me its Ralph Wilson Stadium. July 11th

That Buffalo is even being considered is shocking me. We were once of the 10 largest cities in America to start the 1900s, still in the top 25 about when the Stones started playing music, and now something like 50th. But starting to rebound (other than our hockey team)!

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: March 11, 2015 02:39

well I booked a room I can cancel for buffalo for the 11th just in case spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 11, 2015 02:46

I wish they'd hurry up and get this announcement thing over so we can get to what matters, The Sticky Finger Deluxe set and the next round of vintage concert DVDs.

Date: March 11, 2015 03:06

Is there public transportation in Buffalo to the stadium?

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 11, 2015 03:22

24FPS
I wish they'd hurry up and get this announcement thing over so we can get to what matters, The Sticky Finger Deluxe set and the next round of vintage concert DVDs.

Didn't BV mention a little while back that maybe there wouldn't be a deluxe set, and instead just a promo show where they perform the whole album?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6061626364656667686970...LastNext
Current Page: 65 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1960
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home